Author Topic: [SPRiT] R1 R2 (Shipping 92% Completed)  (Read 1783960 times)

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
Re: <SPRiT Model 1,2,3> = R1,R2 (Shipping)
« Reply #2950 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 08:42:07 »
Just to chip in, I was part of the R1's. I paid up on the Nov 2013, and only received it on May this year. So that's like 7 months, give or take.
He has responded to most of my pm's before. Maybe just 1 or 2 that he might have missed out but other than that, he responds even after I receive my stuff.
I know some R1's order might not been fulfilled yet but I hope you give him some time. Eventually, he will pull through as you all know he is just a one man army.
Just hope sprit is doing fine.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline heissler

• I engineer invisible stuff
« Reply #2951 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 08:46:13 »
Just to chip in, I was part of the R1's. I paid up on the Nov 2013, and only received it on May this year. So that's like 7 months, give or take.
He has responded to most of my pm's before. Maybe just 1 or 2 that he might have missed out but other than that, he responds even after I receive my stuff.
I know some R1's order might not been fulfilled yet but I hope you give him some time. Eventually, he will pull through as you all know he is just a one man army.

My R1 invoice is dating back to January, still waiting for the order :-(
Has trouble not spending money on keyboards

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #2952 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 08:48:05 »

My R1 invoice is dating back to January, still waiting for the order :-(

Yeah I know, 10 months is a long wait. Well there's nothing much you now  :( just have to wait a little bit longer.  :-[
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Heliosphere

Re: &lt;SPRiT Model 1,2,3&gt; = R1,R2 (Shipping)
« Reply #2953 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 13:40:59 »
I've sent 3 pms over the past few months asking for updates but no response. He might not be checking his inbox or only responds to some people. The time for refunds is long gone so we can only keep waiting and hoping.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #2954 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 13:44:03 »
I've sent 3 pms over the past few months asking for updates but no response. He might not be checking his inbox or only responds to some people. The time for refunds is long gone so we can only keep waiting and hoping.
Afaik he only answers mails atm, but I guess you can PM zeal and he can submit your request!
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #2955 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 13:47:59 »
Afaik he only answers mails atm, but I guess you can PM zeal and he can submit your request!

Thanks Signature. However, I'm afraid that cancelling might cause issues for everyone else in this GB. I'll ask Zeal about it.

Offline Elias Camber

« Reply #2956 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 07:30:25 »
Been following the discussion for quite some time now.
I agree with some of the points... little lack of transparency and a schedule that was very tight from the very beginning (6weeks if I recall correctly).
That being said I think a lot of the extra work Sprit is under right now comes from wanting to provide almost everything people asked for, a lot of it not being part of the initial GB. Did he put too much on his shoulders... Yes, maybe, but it was kind of obvious as the GB grew that it would also take a lot longer.

Something I really don't agree with is people (and I'm not talking about anyone in particular here) changing and modifying their orders a lot (all the xxxxing time to be precise). Now after weeks and month you want to change this and that in your order... plate color, add springs, change pcb for a bigger one, etc. and you don't think it causes problems or will prolong things? Really? At what point should sprit have ordered material or estimate numbers for production if there's always someone who wants to alter their order? He has to commit at one point and it requires participants to commit first. Otherwise it doesn't make a lot of sense. Have you tried to do this to a legit reseller... order, then later call change the order, then change it again... what do you think that will do? As a participant of a GB you have the responsibility to make up your mind before ordering and stick to that order! And just somehow I figure it's a lot of the same people that run out of patience now complaining.
I ordered round1 too, I payed in November 2013, got nothing yet... big deal. Just look at other GBs and you know what's up.

And people now starting talking about refunds is just got to be a nightmare for any GB-organizer. The guy is under a lot of pressure already and you keep adding... is that really necessary? I agree, he could say something now and then... but then again it will also not make your order arrive any faster. So sit thight and do us all a favour.

Offline lilky

« Reply #2957 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 18:49:23 »
8 weeks now and still not even a 1 word reply. I don't know but this seems like a lost cause at this point.

Offline John Venture

« Reply #2958 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 11:03:12 »
Have you tried to contact Sprit via e-mail? Every time I've sent him an e-mail he answered it, I had updates all the time during the GB.

He hasn't replied to mine, are you using the gmail adress given from Paypal?

Offline WiNloSt

« Reply #2959 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 11:27:37 »
At some point we need to get some updates. I think Sprit have been quiet for a while now.

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #2960 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 13:38:19 »
I'm starting to get a little bit worrysome.

I've PM'd Zeal a few times, and it seems sprit responds to him quite quickly. However, I asked Zeal if he could ask Sprit for an ETA, and Zeal responded back with a message from sprit saying my order should be ready in a week, nearly 3 weeks ago.

I've also emailed sprit to see if I can order some additional springs, and just to check up on my order with no response.

So at this point, I'm really worried. Getting them later isn't a huge deal, but how much later? And also, given the low amounts of availability on certain switches, I'm concerned that I won't be getting the proper switches. ( A few sets of MX clears and various others )

Main problem is lack of transparency, and all of these updates with casing changes and what not. I've been patient more than long enough, as with many others. I think we all demand an answer. ETA's, what's left, are all the PCB's ready with or without SMT components?

Offline Jixr

« Reply #2961 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 14:16:13 »
+1 for demanding some sort of status update.

I don't think anyone here knows the status of production, are the plates done? are the cases done? etc?

no one has any idea, and I get that charge backs are a PITA, but its starting to look like a path I may be taking.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #2962 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 14:57:47 »

I've PM'd Zeal a few times, and it seems sprit responds to him quite quickly. However, I asked Zeal if he could ask Sprit for an ETA, and Zeal responded back with a message from sprit saying my order should be ready in a week, nearly 3 weeks ago.

I've also emailed sprit to see if I can order some additional springs, and just to check up on my order with no response.

So at this point, I'm really worried. Getting them later isn't a huge deal, but how much later? And also, given the low amounts of availability on certain switches, I'm concerned that I won't be getting the proper switches. ( A few sets of MX clears and various others )

Main problem is lack of transparency, and all of these updates with casing changes and what not. I've been patient more than long enough, as with many others. I think we all demand an answer. ETA's, what's left, are all the PCB's ready with or without SMT components?
Guys, don't forget that I am also in the R1 order, and am still waiting for my PCB. I understand everyone's been patient, and some are losing their patience, but I have no reason to doubt that Sprit will get everything shipped out. I've met with him in person, and have told him that the community would appreciate more updates. I think he's been really busy since I haven't heard back yet either. The moment I get an update, I'll be relaying it here.
Sprit has set aside all the purchased Clears. I know that since I've asked if he had any more, and has turned me down saying that they've all been accounted for.

I don't think anyone here knows the status of production, are the plates done? are the cases done? etc?

no one has any idea, and I get that charge backs are a PITA, but its starting to look like a path I may be taking.
Plates were done a while ago, and were shipped with the 60% Acrylic cases to me. Charging back your order would only be hurting me (I'm just the proxy for NA), since you ordered from my site. :(

^That's the picture I just took of your clear plate, Jixr. Only thing I'm waiting for are the 60% PCBs. Acrylic case orders were already sent out a month ago.

60% R2 PCB production picture can be found here. Sprit mentioned somewhere that there were some SMD problems, but he's fixed the issue. It's really the only thing holding me back from shipping. :/
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #2963 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 15:44:42 »

Guys, don't forget that I am also in the R1 order, and am still waiting for my PCB. I understand everyone's been patient, and some are losing their patience, but I have no reason to doubt that Sprit will get everything shipped out. I've met with him in person, and have told him that the community would appreciate more updates. I think he's been really busy since I haven't heard back yet either. The moment I get an update, I'll be relaying it here.
Sprit has set aside all the purchased Clears. I know that since I've asked if he had any more, and has turned me down saying that they've all been accounted for.

Plates were done a while ago, and were shipped with the 60% Acrylic cases to me. Charging back your order would only be hurting me (I'm just the proxy for NA), since you ordered from my site. :(

Show Image

^That's the picture I just took of your clear plate, Jixr. Only thing I'm waiting for are the 60% PCBs. Acrylic case orders were already sent out a month ago.

60% R2 PCB production picture can be found here. Sprit mentioned somewhere that there were some SMD problems, but he's fixed the issue. It's really the only thing holding me back from shipping. :/

that case is real pretty  :)

Offline graefeln

« Reply #2964 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 15:55:47 »
that case is real pretty  :)

I agree. Makes me super eager to see mine!

As much as I want an update, I'll only really start to worry when Zeal does... I am sure this is really stressful for him as well - especially since some of us ordered directly through his site, so he probably feels just as responsible for fulfilling the order as Sprit and has less say in the matter. Thanks again Zeal.

Offline bladegesnow

« Reply #2965 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 22:33:41 »
Hi Zeal,

Does it mean that you currently have everything of my R1 orders except the 60% pcb? And you will send my order out when you receive those 60% pcbs?
(My order includes 60% pcb, 60% acrylic case, 87% pcb, and several leds. Can't remember if there is anything else.)

Thank you for your effort, and the picture of this lovely case could make a better world.
More and more and more...

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #2966 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 00:31:32 »
Hi Zeal,

Does it mean that you currently have everything of my R1 orders except the 60% pcb? And you will send my order out when you receive those 60% pcbs?
(My order includes 60% pcb, 60% acrylic case, 87% pcb, and several leds. Can't remember if there is anything else.)

Thank you for your effort, and the picture of this lovely case could make a better world.

As far as I know, I'm only proxying NA orders for R2 60% related items. I've mentioned helping out R1 shipping, but Sprit thinks that might complicate things.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline cruk

• :> keys
« Reply #2967 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 01:56:34 »
I too am still waiting on my R1 75% order, paid in December.

Offline RSSonic92

« Reply #2968 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 06:13:32 »
Have you tried to contact Sprit via e-mail? Every time I've sent him an e-mail he answered it, I had updates all the time during the GB.

He hasn't replied to mine, are you using the gmail adress given from Paypal?

I'd like to second this question.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2969 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 14:01:14 »
long time no update with this thread, is the R2 ready to ship yet? :( Man I'm dying waiting for this to get my Viper done :(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #2970 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 14:47:22 »
long time no update with this thread, is the R2 ready to ship yet? :( Man I'm dying waiting for this to get my Viper done :(
Nah the r1 isn't even finished yet unfortunately

Offline Jixr

« Reply #2971 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 14:04:05 »
Who would i need to contact to change my shipping information? ( for NA distribution )

I'm moving in Feb, I doubt this GB will even begin to come close to shipping by then. 

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #2972 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 14:27:29 »
Who would i need to contact to change my shipping information? ( for NA distribution )

I'm moving in Feb, I doubt this GB will even begin to come close to shipping by then.
Zeal :)

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #2973 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 10:43:35 »
Do we get an update in 2014?

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #2974 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 17:25:26 »
I know Zeal has been very helpful and patient, but at this point I think Sprit owes everyone here an update. A very thorough update.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #2975 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 08:55:12 »
I know Zeal has been very helpful and patient, but at this point I think Sprit owes everyone here an update. A very thorough update.

+1, and I'm not trying to be impatient or disrespectful, its just that there is a lot of people and money wrapped up in this project, and no-one knows anything, and can't contact the organizer.

Offline xun911

« Reply #2976 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 18:27:48 »
hi
I wanna check my R1 shipping, also i want to change my address. Should i pm you my new address?

Offline lilky

« Reply #2977 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 21:00:14 »
Just a warning to anyone who's planning on ordering for R2: DON'T.  This groupbuy is a scam.

Offline SlithyDash

« Reply #2978 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 21:10:49 »
Just a warning to anyone who's planning on ordering for R2: DON'T.  This groupbuy is a scam.

Chill bro, its not a scam its just taking a lot longer than expected due to unforseen complications. People are getting their orders, some before others but still, items are being sent. Its not even as bad as some other GBs around here.
Besides orders are already closed for R2.

Offline archer

« Reply #2979 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 07:54:44 »

Chill bro, its not a scam its just taking a lot longer than expected due to unforseen complications. People are getting their orders, some before others but still, items are being sent. Its not even as bad as some other GBs around here.
Orders for R2 shouldn't be worked while R1 orders are still outstanding... that's just bad business.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #2980 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 08:29:29 »
And you shouldn't run other group buys and R2's when you still have outstanding orders from a year ago, thats bad business.

Unless there is a significant update by the end of this month, i'm going to issue a charge back.

It may not be a money grabbing scam, but its not what was promised when orders were open.

Offline lilky

« Reply #2981 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 11:22:35 »

Chill? He took over $400 dollars of my money and hasn't given me a single response to any attempt at contact in 6 months. You don't call something "not a scam" because a few people got their springs or PCBs, you call something a scam when dozens of people have lost hundreds of dollars to a Geekhacker that took the money and ran away. From what we can gather here, it looks like the most expensive orders are the ones that were never fulfilled. Most likely he just made some PCBs and sent those out to the small orders to gain some trust, then when the big orders came in he took the money and ran.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #2982 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 13:36:33 »
I don't think it was a deliberate scam, but its obvious that problems arose, and the project was put on hold. Wither it be the cost was more than he thought, he didn't have the suppliers or parts he thought he had, or whatever, but its being handled in the poorest of ways.

I'm willing to bet the money was spent and is gone, and sprit got way in too deep with all the group buys he is running and used up all our money on prototypes and part sourcing and basically has nothing to show for it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 November 2014, 13:42:09 by Jixr »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2983 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 14:20:26 »
I didn't loose my faith in this GB. I have some money stuck in here, springs some not mine, pcb, case. In the mean time I have built other boards, sourced springs from other places.
But still I believe that we will get our stuff, some updates would be good, otherwise a lot of people will open disputes and chargebacks and that will screw up this GB for good :( and it would be a shame.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Jixr

« Reply #2984 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 14:48:54 »
well, if you don't want the GB to be canned, PM sprit and others and let them know you demand an update.

Nothing is going to be done one way or another if people just sit by and continue waiting.

And some people don't have the extra money to fund into other GB's while they have money tied up in this one.

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #2985 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 15:16:16 »
Are R2 acrylic cases in prod yet?
c h e r

Offline jufa

« Reply #2986 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 15:17:23 »
been months waiting for my order (mx switch) , no update, no reply from sprit

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #2987 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 15:24:00 »
I have about 500$ tied up in this GB since R1. I've been contacting Sprit for updates from the beginning. He has been answering all my questions timely although in a somewhat disorganised manner up until mid August. I think it was the time when it was very hot in that part of the world and there were some issues. I haven't heard from him since.

I never got the feeling that he was trying to scam anyone, at least his responses felt genuine and like he was trying to work through some difficulties. It's a natural progression I suppose, as things tend to pile up some people become more and more reluctant to get in contact with the community, because it means explaining over and over again the problems they are having with the GB (assuming they are not scamming anyone). It is not justifiable, but it is understandable.

I think the moral of the story is that it would be good to hear from Sprit directly, whatever the situation is. It is not the first GB to get delayed, just explain the situation and the community will try to help I am sure.

P.S. I have received the springs from the R2 on springs GB, so someone must be working there :)

Offline twiddle

• Portfolio
« Reply #2988 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 15:27:39 »
I think the moral of the story is that it would be good to hear from Sprit directly, whatever the situation is. It is not the first GB to get delayed, just explain the situation and the community will try to help I am sure.

This. I've a similar amount of money tied up in R2. I'm less worried about delays and more just want to know the GB status, if there's anything I can do to expedite matters, etc. I don't care about having to hand solder all my own stuff, if it arrives sooner.. Especially given that I may be relocating internationally in 2-3 months which would involve a change of proxy.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #2989 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 15:40:08 »
Thats my issue, I'm fine with delays, that kinda stuff happens, but sprit has been online recently, and has obviously been ignoring his PM's and his GB threads, and a complete lack of information which is why people are losing their faith in him and his buys.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #2990 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 23:55:48 »
It's been way too long. And the updates we got over the past months, are just things gonna been sent out in a x week of time. But it ends up nothing. And now there's not even an update.
We need to know what's wrong with the stuff, and we could sort it out.

I'm getting upset by the delays. Every time I'm let down.

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #2991 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 03:17:56 »
It's been way too long. And the updates we got over the past months, are just things gonna been sent out in a x week of time. But it ends up nothing. And now there's not even an update.
We need to know what's wrong with the stuff, and we could sort it out.

I'm getting upset by the delays. Every time I'm let down.

You are right. I have ordered things from R1 that did not hit the MOQ, but I was never contacted to change the order or get refunded. I think a public spreadsheet would be the best solution, so at least we know which orders are outstanding and that there is progress. However it has been suggested in the past and did not happen, so I guess it must be difficult...

I think the issue might be that if there is full disclosure, people might realise how long it will still take and how difficult it will be to fulfil some things. And they might start to back out with their money and it will lead to the whole GB going under. So there is some sense in keeping things vague from Sprit's perspective.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 November 2014, 17:21:45 by MrChunky »

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #2992 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 19:09:57 »
I agree to the complains. But the main point is: what can we do? We can’t get our money back, isn’t it? Any proposals or ideas?

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #2993 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 09:05:49 »
I agree to the complains. But the main point is: what can we do? We can’t get our money back, isn’t it? Any proposals or ideas?

Just wait, and push/ask for a clarification for now. Sprit is still coming through on his other GBs, and people are reporting contact with him currently. I really don't think any of this is a scam, be patient. If anyone has a more direct line with Sprit, ask him to provide a schedule and/or clarification.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2994 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 10:04:45 »
I agree with MrChunky. I will try I contact sprit and see if there are any updates. I talked with him 2 weeks ago.
Please don't start something that will block this GB and create problems for the organizer.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #2995 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 10:20:43 »
I agree with MrChunky. I will try I contact sprit and see if there are any updates. I talked with him 2 weeks ago.
Please don't start something that will block this GB and create problems for the organizer.

Thanks man. Hope he would share an update.
I still have faith in him as he's given good impression to me.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #2996 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 11:19:06 »

Thats the problem, ask him about some of his other GB's and you get a response, ask him about this one, you get nothing.

Offline furryeskimo

« Reply #2997 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 16:24:48 »
Does this mean R3 will be delayed even more? I talked to sprit but the only times he replied promptly was after I told him I filled out the order. Then he sent his invoice on Paypal soon after. Should I be worried? At this point I feel that waiting months to get this case is not worth it anymore...

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #2998 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 16:31:31 »
Does this mean R3 will be delayed even more? I talked to sprit but the only times he replied promptly was after I told him I filled out the order. Then he sent his invoice on Paypal soon after. Should I be worried? At this point I feel that waiting months to get this case is not worth it anymore...
Yeah I wouldn't suggest anyone to join this GB at this stage since sprit is really busy with all the r1 orders

Offline furryeskimo

« Reply #2999 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 21:43:00 »
Not even the R2 orders?