Author Topic: [SPRiT] R1 R2 (Shipping 92% Completed)  (Read 1783985 times)

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: <SPRiT Model 1,2,3> = R1,R2 (Shipping)
« Reply #3000 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 01:40:06 »
I have sent an e-mail to sprit. As soon as I get some news I will post it here.
I hope he is OK and in good health. In the mean time please do not complucate things and start issuing chargebacks or disputes with PayPal, this would only complicate things for all of us.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3001 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 08:58:00 »
Not even the R2 orders?

As far as I know, no one has gotten their r2 order yet. It will probably be months or over a year like some of the others before they get their orders.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3002 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 09:48:33 »
Not even the R2 orders?

As far as I know, no one has gotten their r2 order yet. It will probably be months or over a year like some of the others before they get their orders.

Still faster than the GH60 GB.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3003 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 09:52:53 »
Well a bunch of people did get their cases and springs from Sprit so we do know that he isn't a scumbag who is going to run off with our money.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline WiNloSt

Re: &lt;SPRiT Model 1,2,3&gt; = R1,R2 (Shipping)
« Reply #3004 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 10:46:12 »
So the only thing we're all waiting is PCBs? Right?

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3005 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 11:45:32 »
As far as I know the only thing blocking are the PCB's :(
People like me who ordered also a PCB should get all the stuff in one package. This is why case or springs orders have been delivered.

Offline Ripudio

« Reply #3006 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 12:13:55 »
+1 I had another build going and paid extra to have my stabilizers and springs shipped ahead of time, just waiting on the PCB now.

Offline neiru37

« Reply #3007 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 14:21:03 »
Does the 75% model 3 support the Race 2 keyboard?

Offline archer

« Reply #3008 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 22:23:16 »
I'm waiting on a fully assembled 87  :-[

Offline Ripudio

« Reply #3009 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 23:36:26 »
Does the 75% model 3 support the Race 2 keyboard?

I would maybe post this on the GB for the case alone, most people here are still waiting for PCBs to be completed before their orders are shipped.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #3010 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 23:45:48 »

Yes, my 110% will hopefully arrive soon. I have a spring order to be shipped with it as well.

It's good that it hasn't arrived yet: I still need to get a tap to finish making my case :o

Offline furryeskimo

« Reply #3011 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 10:52:13 »
I just got my shipping order for my R3 order from sprit!

Offline bubchi89

« Reply #3012 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 12:25:50 »
I just got my shipping order for my R3 order from sprit!

You got your R3 order or you got a shipping invoice?

Offline furryeskimo

« Reply #3013 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 12:48:32 »
Sprit replied that my air parcel was sent and gave me my tracking number. He also stated that it should take 10-14 days.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3014 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 13:39:07 »
geez and he won't even answer Pms or skype messages...
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3015 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 14:35:22 »
welcome to the club. email, nothing, pm, nothing, etc, etc...

His activity showed that he was online today.

So the guy we all gave our money to is deliberately ignoring us all.

I'm pulling my money out of this on the first of the month if we dont get any news.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3016 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 14:41:50 »
Sprit replied that my air parcel was sent and gave me my tracking number. He also stated that it should take 10-14 days.
Does your order include also a PCB ?

Offline furryeskimo

« Reply #3017 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 15:18:02 »
No, I only ordered the 60% acrylic case. Also, he sent me this info when I asked for a refund on the case. Nevertheless, I'm happy that it's shipping.

Offline kohi

« Reply #3018 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 17:02:32 »
No, I only ordered the 60% acrylic case. Also, he sent me this info when I asked for a refund on the case. Nevertheless, I'm happy that it's shipping.

dang, I havent even gotten mine yet lol

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3019 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 17:05:53 »
I guess the problem here is with the PCBs.
Sprit did mention that he had to do all the SMD soldering for his orders and anyone who has tried that would know that it takes a long god damn time to even do one board full of those.
Plus, he does have a real job.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline twiddle

• Portfolio
« Reply #3020 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 17:12:25 »
As far as I was aware he was only going to hand solder R1 PCBs and get R2 factory done, and the delays for R2 was due to not hitting MOQ for that factory soldering.
A few of us at least, perhaps more than a few, would be happy to do the soldering ourselves if it would get our R2 orders sent out faster and reduce Sprit's workload.

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #3021 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 17:58:35 »
As far as I was aware he was only going to hand solder R1 PCBs and get R2 factory done, and the delays for R2 was due to not hitting MOQ for that factory soldering.
A few of us at least, perhaps more than a few, would be happy to do the soldering ourselves if it would get our R2 orders sent out faster and reduce Sprit's workload.

I concur. At this point it makes sense to solder yourself rather then wait for uncertain future. I hope Sprit shows up soon.

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #3022 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 17:07:32 »
Wait, hope, all I hear is wait and hope. If nothing happens until end of year, I probably become indignant.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 November 2014, 17:10:45 by Eszett »

Offline WiNloSt

« Reply #3023 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 17:21:05 »
Honestly, I don't see why Sprit can't just give us some updates I know he got a real job but typing some update isn't gonna take a long time. And everyone started to be anxious because we don't see an update for quite some time. I'm trying not to be impatient but seeing guys not getting their order for a year making me worried.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3024 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 09:57:25 »
yup. If no update by the first i'm pulling my money out.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3025 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 11:03:10 »
I don't have any updates either :( I'm disapointed, I had plans for the case, the PCB not to mention the springs.
In the mean time I have bought 2 GON PCB's, springs from originative and GON a nice alu case from taobao and a second one from Massdrop.
Now I don't know what to say, I still don't see this GB as a scam and at some point we will get the stuff. But by then I don't think I will need it anymore .... maybe it will be just something nice to build

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #3026 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 11:39:13 »

Sorry, didn't Zeal picture your items except for one thing?
Seems you're being pretty rash. Ask if you can pay shipping again later for that item and take the bulk of your stuff now.

edit: here's a link https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50580.msg1535911#msg1535911

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #3027 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 12:00:40 »
I don't have any updates either :( I'm disapointed, I had plans for the case, the PCB not to mention the springs.
In the mean time I have bought 2 GON PCB's, springs from originative and GON a nice alu case from taobao and a second one from Massdrop.
Now I don't know what to say, I still don't see this GB as a scam and at some point we will get the stuff. But by then I don't think I will need it anymore .... maybe it will be just something nice to build

Well I bought some Round 5 keycaps for use with Sprit's boards, so I guess those will come around the same time  :p

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3028 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 15:04:57 »

Seems you're being pretty rash. Ask if you can pay shipping again later for that item and take the bulk of your stuff now.

edit: here's a link https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50580.msg1535911#msg1535911

No, zeal posted a picture of AN item, not my item. And I'm waiting for the PCB along with everyone else.
I've gotten no email replies, no PM replies, no updates, etc. And have since bought other keyboards while waiting for this one.
I don't plan to stick around for a 1 year+ to get my order.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #3029 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 15:15:45 »

No, zeal posted a picture of AN item, not my item. And I'm waiting for the PCB along with everyone else.
I've gotten no email replies, no PM replies, no updates, etc. And have since bought other keyboards while waiting for this one.
I don't plan to stick around for a 1 year+ to get my order.
You questioned the completion of plates & cases, I showed you a pic of the acrylic case & plate.

Here's your order. As with everyone else with a PCB order, PCBs are the only thing holding me back from shipping.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 November 2014, 15:19:09 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3030 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 16:18:11 »
Why won't Sprit give anyone updates? why won't he reply to his PM's even though he is on here quite frequently, why won't he reply to his emails?

I get that zeal doesn't want charge backs as it will hurt him and others, but whats it going to take to get updates on the status of production?

Offline lilky

« Reply #3031 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 16:47:28 »
If the PCBs are what's holding up my order, then let me just have everything except the PCB and you can refund me the price of the PCB. I will find another PCB and build my keyboard myself.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3032 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 21:06:12 »
If the PCBs are what's holding up my order, then let me just have everything except the PCB and you can refund me the price of the PCB. I will find another PCB and build my keyboard myself.

I'd also like to take this option if possible.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #3033 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 21:07:33 »

Or I'm fine with separate shipping, if the increase in shipping isn't too much.

Offline WiNloSt

« Reply #3034 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 00:01:03 »

I'd probably choose this if it's available. But I didn't know what the progress for my 87% PCB is does still have not been producing or does it got produced and waiting for Sprit to solder? If he does not get 87% PCB produced yet I think getting refund for the PCB is viable.

Offline bakteria

« Reply #3035 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 10:39:12 »
Has anyone made more led modes for the face2?
SS 7G black - Pure red - poker blue (MKC Tray)

Offline gimpster

« Reply #3036 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 23:52:11 »
Alright folks, I've got an update from Sprit.

Sprit will be receiving the remaining springs from the factory today, and will commence shipping this week for sure. He aims to have everything shipped out by the end of the month. I'll be taking care of all NA orders (Cases, PCBs, Switches, [Canadian/some US] springs etc), so you guys can be expecting a shipping invoice soon. I'll provide an update once I've authorized an import with DHL to Sprit's place. According to my DHL importing quote, it should only take 1 business day (since Korea's 16 hrs ahead of PST, the package sort of travels back in time  :)) )

Thanks for hanging in there everyone.

Boy, that sure didn't happen, did it? 3 months later and we're still working on getting things shipped.

First off. Just want to thank Zeal for acting as the intermediary during this whole process.

I'm curious to know whether there has been any progress on the 4mm metal plates from R1. I don't mind waiting if there is, but otherwise I may have to consider alternate plans.
Metal plates have been cancelled in R1 & R2 due to low order count.

Just curious: any progress with alps pcbs / cases?

Cheers,

K
That's for next year's project. Gotta focus on finishing up R1 & R2 first.

Metal switch plates were cancelled? That's news to me. If they were cancelled then why was I invoiced for it, and where is my $40 refund now that it's not being delivered?

Apology!   
I was in my Job trip last 10 days.
I will fix the R1, R2 Orders to send.
I will message to each person.   
feel so quilty..   :(

I'm still waiting for a message. In fact, I'm still waiting for you to reply to my last PM to you on Aug 9th.

Apologies for the lack of posts. I returned back from Asia late Friday, and jetlag's been really messing with my schedule. Living off of free WiFi for a week is also a PITA when most require you to already have a cellphone # with the Asian cellphone carrier :))

So while I was in Taiwan, I arranged to meet Sprit for 2 days in Korea. We talked a bunch, and I've asked him about updates and schedules for everything.

R1 - He's focusing on hand soldering all the remaining PCBs. To speed up the process, remaining R1 60% PCB orders will be swapped with presoldered R2 PCBs when they come out from the factory sometime this/next week. He told me that he wants to finish soldering the remaining R1 orders within a month's time. No more new group buys from Sprit until R1 and R2 are complete.

R2 - Non 60% PCB size orders: Orders for these other sizes are very low, and will most likely have to be hand soldered with Sprit's existing R1 75%/87%/100% PCBs.

@henz
60% acrylic plate fits 3 of the standoffs on the FMJ case.

So he's been 100% focused on non-60% PCBs for the last 6 weeks and he hasn't been able to get 25-30 of them done? How many did he complete? Half? A quarter?

I'm starting to get a little bit worrysome.

I've PM'd Zeal a few times, and it seems sprit responds to him quite quickly. However, I asked Zeal if he could ask Sprit for an ETA, and Zeal responded back with a message from sprit saying my order should be ready in a week, nearly 3 weeks ago.

I've also emailed sprit to see if I can order some additional springs, and just to check up on my order with no response.

So at this point, I'm really worried. Getting them later isn't a huge deal, but how much later? And also, given the low amounts of availability on certain switches, I'm concerned that I won't be getting the proper switches. ( A few sets of MX clears and various others )

Main problem is lack of transparency, and all of these updates with casing changes and what not. I've been patient more than long enough, as with many others. I think we all demand an answer. ETA's, what's left, are all the PCB's ready with or without SMT components?
Guys, don't forget that I am also in the R1 order, and am still waiting for my PCB. I understand everyone's been patient, and some are losing their patience, but I have no reason to doubt that Sprit will get everything shipped out. I've met with him in person, and have told him that the community would appreciate more updates. I think he's been really busy since I haven't heard back yet either. The moment I get an update, I'll be relaying it here.
Sprit has set aside all the purchased Clears. I know that since I've asked if he had any more, and has turned me down saying that they've all been accounted for.

+1 for demanding some sort of status update.

I don't think anyone here knows the status of production, are the plates done? are the cases done? etc?

no one has any idea, and I get that charge backs are a PITA, but its starting to look like a path I may be taking.
Plates were done a while ago, and were shipped with the 60% Acrylic cases to me. Charging back your order would only be hurting me (I'm just the proxy for NA), since you ordered from my site. :(

Show Image

^That's the picture I just took of your clear plate, Jixr. Only thing I'm waiting for are the 60% PCBs. Acrylic case orders were already sent out a month ago.

60% R2 PCB production picture can be found here. Sprit mentioned somewhere that there were some SMD problems, but he's fixed the issue. It's really the only thing holding me back from shipping. :/

I'm sorry that you're still waiting for your R1 order as well, but I disagree about whether there is any reason to doubt that Sprit will get the orders shipped out. My invoice was paid Dec 18, 2013 10:26 AM and not only do I not have what I paid for, I can't even get an update from the guy who's supposed to be sending it to me. Between this GB, GH60, Raindrop R2, and Toxic, every single group buy I have participated in for the last year has gone to ****. I've been waiting for a year for 4 SEPARATE GROUP BUYS and all I need to do is look at Sprit's lack of progress to come up with dozens of reasons to believe that he won't deliver.
-Ryan

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #3037 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 00:21:59 »
At this point. I think the GB threads should be removed from the GB compilation thread. Why is Sprit still taking orders on this thread, 60% board, and springs?

I have not yet received springs on my R1 order placed July 18th. To boot, Sprit extracted another $27 from me for a shipping fee in late-October, promising to ship "in one week". One month later... and still no springs.

For the sake of everyone involved... please remove this thread from the GB compilation. It's unfair to the new users. Until there is a comprehensive public update from Sprit about the entire buy, I think it's best people do not buy in. I'm a very patient man... but this buy has made me think a little bit. I've personally resigned to never seeing the springs, or the 75% board I've paid for.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline jlor

« Reply #3038 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 03:49:08 »
At this point. I think the GB threads should be removed from the GB compilation thread. Why is Sprit still taking orders on this thread, 60% board, and springs?

I believe he's taking orders to meet the MOQ for the various sizes. But I agree, it's a bit unnerving that we haven't heard from him yet. At this point I'm tempted to buy a keyboard for the PCB and then just mod it..

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3039 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 10:29:33 »
I ended up contacting Zeal and got a refund for my PCB, and am being shipped the items that he does have on hand that I did order.

Hate that it came to that, but I'm seeing a sinking ship and I jumped.

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #3040 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 12:39:32 »
I just messaged Zeal. The keyboard delays are bad enough, but not receiving the springs I paid for was the icing on the cake, moreso because I paid during the R1 order. I hope I can see even a portion of my money back. However, for the sake of everyone else who is still in, I won't be going through Paypal, and I hope I can resolve the refund personally w/ Zeal and Sprit.

I'm not making any judgements on Sprit's character, but I've personally had enough of this GB. Just too many broken promises from Sprit, and lack of communication.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 December 2014, 12:59:18 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3041 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 13:38:35 »
I want the springs and the case :( The bad part is that some of the springs are not mine, I proxied a few for other people so that they can save money on shipping.

Offline WiNloSt

« Reply #3042 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:01:06 »
Seems like PCB will be taking a long to be finished. And I all the pictures I saw for finished cases is 60% ones I would like to know the status for the other size of case as well.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #3043 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 20:12:17 »
So what's the refund process with this group buy?

I paid back in October/November 2013 which means I can't go through Paypal. I don't frequent the forum much anymore other than this thread and I'm definitely tired of checking for a deliberately unresponsive GB organizer.

I'd like to get a refund for the parts I ordered because it doesn't look like they'll ever make it out of Korea.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #3044 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 20:16:59 »
Maybe there could be the option, for those interested, to get our pcb without the modification (soldering) done by Sprit. I prefer getting an almost completed pcb than nothing at all personnaly. I don't know if it's an option, but if it is I suspect many would be interested at this point.

Still, getting some sort of update would help to make the decision...
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #3045 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 20:30:03 »
As an international buyer, I don't know what I could do. I pm and emailed Sprit. But not a response...

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #3046 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 00:02:46 »
If you guys want a refund, I suggest PMing Zeal. He told me though that he was waiting for an official word on whether I can get a refund on a 75% set (I haven't gotten a refund yet). So a refund may not be possible. There's basically no sign of progress and no way to directly contact about orders. We just have to hope one day we get our products, or we're all out a few hundred bucks each.

Offline archer

« Reply #3047 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 12:28:27 »
Is it even possible to get a refund from Paypal if you paid almost a year ago? Or would Sprit have to issue the refund on his end?

Offline RSSonic92

« Reply #3048 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 13:44:31 »
Is it even possible to get a refund from Paypal if you paid almost a year ago? Or would Sprit have to issue the refund on his end?
I tried to but only managed to get a negative mark on sprit's account. His account will probable get deleted if more people do it but I don't know if it will help anyone of us.

I wish I could apply more pressure on him because I think sprit shouldn't get away with just putting us off and lying to us after we paid a lot of money to him...
He has become very much conceivable and I don't believe that each one of us will ever receive their order!

I no longer want to hide my disapproval of this as this was not part of the deal.

As someone who met sprit in person I'm very much counting very much on Zeal to straighten things out for us.

I am infuriated reading the latest posts in this thread with no sign of sprit to be seen.

Offline jufa

« Reply #3049 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 22:53:02 »
he only send springs i think...better dont order anything else..

sprit never reply my pm for mx-switch i already paid almost 6 months ago...