Author Topic: [SPRiT] R1 R2 (Shipping 92% Completed)  (Read 1784008 times)

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
Re: <SPRiT Model 1,2,3> = R1,R2 (Shipping)
« Reply #3050 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 00:09:33 »
The question is: when is the timeout of this "hope & wait"? Each one of us has a different tolerance span. For me it is 31. dec. 2014.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3051 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 00:13:04 »
The question is: when is the timeout of this "hope & wait"? Each one of us has a different tolerance span. For me it is 31. dec. 2014.

The timeout for me is whenever gh60 gets finished. That is when I will throw **** around.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3052 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 01:29:41 »
I'm starting to think more an more that I will not get my stuff :( Sent him more e-mails with no response, I want at least the springs and case but no answer to that either :(
I think that if after the end of thi year we don't get any feedback we should get organized and find an efficient way to recover our losses.
For me it's a lot of money and I worked hard for that, and I could have used that money for something better.
Hope that we will get soon some updates, as far as I am concerned I don't mind getting the PCB unsoldered, I can do that myself, bottom line I get the stuff I paid for.
Not to mention that I have to explain to some people why I don't have their springs, in the end I will give them springs I bought from GON I don't see another way :(
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline _robban

« Reply #3053 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 03:15:08 »
Myself not an big time talker on the forum and not that deep into this GB, only little more than 300 usd since 22 of july this year. Any type of refund via Paypal or similar isn't possible I am afraid, it is just to long time that has passed.

Did order a complete 100/110% model and if I am one the few who I understand did order this type and the minimum order wasn't met towards the factory I am more than happy to cancel my order in total - this to help the rest of the boards and kits on this GB to come through prior to 2015.

SPRiT - If you read this and this above can help some - just send me an PM or email. Also SPRiT please have in mind - any type of communication towards us is better than none. Believe that most of us can accept an "sorry guys I messed up but I will resolve this"

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3054 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 03:36:53 »
Yep, I want just an update, OK there is a problem but let us know, maybe we can help to solve it  :thumb:
I can forget about the PCB don't want a refund, but at least have the rest the stuff shipped.

Offline IMHB

« Reply #3055 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 22:42:10 »
It's been almost a year since I paid for everything I ordered.... and since Zeal is helping for the NA part of the order, I would prefer to hear more frequent updates from him..... I have gotten one refund back, so not really worried about getting our money back.

Offline Magna224

« Reply #3056 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 00:27:32 »
I ordered R1 87% case December of last year. Still no signs of receiving which is sad because they looked so nice and many others have gotten theirs. Still hoping to get someday...  =(
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 December 2014, 00:32:02 by Magna224 »
If you live in AZ you can try my keyboards. I usually keep plenty of different ALPS and MX and buckling springs.

Offline Ripudio

« Reply #3057 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 08:15:30 »
Did you order a PCB as well?

Offline Magna224

« Reply #3058 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 04:18:19 »
All I ordered was the case, was waiting for ALPS PCB.
If you live in AZ you can try my keyboards. I usually keep plenty of different ALPS and MX and buckling springs.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3059 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 02:41:37 »
Guys I have great news, just got an e-mail from sprit. Things are starting to move. I think he will post more detailed updates, he sent me photos of a big pile of packages including mine :) I will post mine:

So the waiting will pay hold your horses  :thumb:

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3060 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 02:45:40 »
Guys I have great news, just got an e-mail from sprit. Things are starting to move. I think he will post more detailed updates, he sent me photos of a big pile of packages including mine :) I will post mine:

Show Image

Great news! You mind asking for my package aswell? Don't have his email and he isn't answering skype :(
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline WiNloSt

« Reply #3061 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 03:04:18 »

Show Image

Are you on round 1 or 2? And I guess I still have to wait for my non 60% PCB anyway.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3062 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 03:07:47 »
I'm R2 60% PCB, case and springs.

Offline Elias Camber

« Reply #3063 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 03:17:08 »
people started received stuff some six months ago if I remember correctly. There were postings about sprit-boards in other threads. I just think the amount of work is highly underestimated by most people... how many boards can you handsolder in one week, working a fulltimejob having a family. Yes communication at this point sucks... but I rather SEE people receiving stuff time and time again than reading "next month..." over and over again.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3064 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 03:57:09 »
people started received stuff some six months ago if I remember correctly. There were postings about sprit-boards in other threads. I just think the amount of work is highly underestimated by most people... how many boards can you handsolder in one week, working a fulltimejob having a family. Yes communication at this point sucks... but I rather SEE people receiving stuff time and time again than reading "next month..." over and over again.
Then don't commit to such a task. Many people have offered to solder the boards themselves but we have recieved no answer

Offline Elias Camber

« Reply #3065 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 04:22:24 »
Then don't commit to such a task. Many people have offered to solder the boards themselves but we have recieved no answer

I know that, I offered to solder myself as well. I don't try to sugar coat or defend the guy... it's just a plausible explaination.
It's already done... too late to advice not to commit either... so what should we do? Most people already waited for about a year... so right now is it really worth it trying to get refunds, upping the pressure and ****ing the whole GB up? In my opinion: No.
And what after people would receive refunds... they go stick that money in another GB where they will maybe only have to wait a few months more till they receive anything there.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3066 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 04:35:51 »
I've been against refunds and charge backs from the beginning, this would only mess things up. It's clear that this GB was way too big for one man to handle without delays and problems.
The best way would be for sprit to accept our help, I'm sure that a lot of people would step in and help him with the GB, it happened a lot in this community.  :thumb:

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3067 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 06:19:29 »

I know that, I offered to solder myself as well. I don't try to sugar coat or defend the guy... it's just a plausible explaination.
It's already done... too late to advice not to commit either... so what should we do? Most people already waited for about a year... so right now is it really worth it trying to get refunds, upping the pressure and ****ing the whole GB up? In my opinion: No.
And what after people would receive refunds... they go stick that money in another GB where they will maybe only have to wait a few months more till they receive anything there.
I'm not saying that anyone should ask for a refund since it's selfish and only makes the situation worse for the others but there should be a much better communication from sprit

Offline WiNloSt

Re: &lt;SPRiT Model 1,2,3&gt; = R1,R2 (Shipping)
« Reply #3068 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 07:03:56 »
I think we're always ready to help. I saw a bunch of cool ideas some of buyers here suggested. But it's just Spirit that has been too quiet, though most of us already said we didn't mind the late shipping we just want to hear the progress or problems so maybe we could help him sort that out.

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #3069 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 10:22:11 »
It is possible that sprit is in a particularly difficult situation right now for whatever reason, hence no answers.

Just to reiterate, when was the last time anyone has heard from him? I know Daniel got an email from him 3-4 weeks ago now (correct me if I am wrong). What about Zeal? Did you hear anything at all recently?

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #3070 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 10:28:40 »
It is possible that sprit is in a particularly difficult situation right now for whatever reason, hence no answers.

Just to reiterate, when was the last time anyone has heard from him? I know Daniel got an email from him 3-4 weeks ago now (correct me if I am wrong). What about Zeal? Did you hear anything at all recently?

A few posts above, Daniel says he got an answer today. Very good news for us all.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3071 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 10:34:55 »
I've just spoken with sprit today, just posted earlier today I think it's on the previous page.
He is OK, had a busy time with the job but he is moving forward with the shipping, he showed me lots of boxes full of PCB's cases and stuff for this GB. So we just have to wait a little more.
I posted a photo of my stuff ready for shipping, the rest I didn't post because I don't know if it's OK it's not my stuff and I wouldn't like if someone would post something from a private conversation.
But the stuff is there and he is OK

Offline WiNloSt

« Reply #3072 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 10:46:52 »
Did you got any detail about the PCB ? I wonder if sprit had non 60% PCB done already.

Offline Eszett

« Reply #3073 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 11:00:56 »

Show Image

Good news indeed, thanks to DanielT! My x-mas tree has plenty of space for some nice parcels ...

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3074 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 11:04:25 »
Good to hear! Mine was only 2 pcbs and lubes, hope it come out to me soon :D
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #3075 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 16:25:49 »
Wow thats great! Thanks for the update  :thumb:

Offline Lubed Up Slug

« Reply #3076 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:47:08 »

Show Image

Did he give any indication of when stuff would be shipping?

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #3077 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 00:24:54 »
I just got an update from Sprit!

60% PCB goodness!  :)

There are also lots of packages in boxes in another pic.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline WiNloSt

« Reply #3078 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 01:02:30 »
Good news for you guys who order 60% :) . And Zeal, do you have any details about other sized PCBs.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3079 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 01:19:01 »
And also for other sizes and R1 orders just check here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60887.msg1558103#new update from Sprit himself  :thumb:

Offline WiNloSt

« Reply #3080 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 03:48:55 »
Thanks a lot DanielT. :)

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #3081 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 13:24:05 »
Hm, haven't heard anything about my R1 60% order (plus some bit's 'n pieces from Nov 2013...)
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3082 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 00:19:03 »
Just a heads up. On the plates for whatever reason the esc key isn't openable. Only has the notches cut on one side.

Offline Eszett

« Reply #3083 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 02:29:04 »
@Jixr If you see defects please post photos here ...

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3084 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 08:48:14 »
Its a bit hard to see due to the clear plate and that I already have a switch soldered in, but the right of the switch has the notches for easy opening, while the left side doesn't.

So for the esc. key, I'd have to desolder it to change the switch stem.
( note this is not a Sprit PCB )

Guess its just more disappointment from this buy though, which is sad, because the plate is otherwise amazing.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #3085 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 09:38:39 »
Its a bit hard to see due to the clear plate and that I already have a switch soldered in, but the right of the switch has the notches for easy opening, while the left side doesn't.

Guess its just more disappointment from this buy though, which is sad, because the plate is otherwise amazing.

Show Image

Show Image

Really ? I'm using his acrylic plate as well. Let me check mine in a bit.

Edit : you're right but I guess it doesn't bother me that much tho.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 December 2014, 10:30:34 by pichu23 »
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #3086 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 10:14:52 »

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah, I also experience this with my 5mm acrylic plate. It was given to me as free though so I can't complain. I just file the part to fix it.

I use a split backspace layout and this is where I experience this problem:
1. Esc
2. Backspace and the key beside backspace (split backspace)
3. \|

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #3087 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 11:22:54 »
I have asked Sprit regarding the "missing" two switch cut out on the left of Esc a while ago, and he told me that it adds rigidity to that top left acrylic plate. If it had extra cutouts, the top left corner would be a lot more fragile, as it's already missing the top support due to mini usb cut out.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #3088 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 11:29:29 »
I have asked Sprit regarding the "missing" two switch cut out on the left of Esc a while ago, and he told me that it adds rigidity to that top left acrylic plate. If it had extra cutouts, the top left corner would be a lot more fragile, as it's already missing the top support due to mini usb cut out.

Yeah no worries. I think the addition is actually really nice. But then again I've lubed most of my switches, including the bottom part of the switch so for me it doesn't affect the functionality so much. Won't be swapping them
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline RSSonic92

« Reply #3089 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 11:39:57 »
Maybe I was wrong about sprit after all, the wait was a lot longer than anticipated though...
However I will stay doubtful until my order arrives.

I hope that eventually everyone will receive their long anticipated order in the near future!

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #3090 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 12:11:05 »

« Last Edit: Fri, 12 December 2014, 12:20:07 by Zeal »

Offline WiNloSt

« Reply #3091 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 12:39:11 »
Show Image

Show Image

can't really wait to see my 87% kit and start building it.

Offline RSSonic92

« Reply #3092 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 13:18:11 »
Show Image

Show Image

Any news on when we can expect assembled 75%, Zeal?

Offline Biased opinion

« Reply #3093 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 10:37:49 »
Looks like things are finally moving again, this pleases me. I will finally be able to get on the %60 bandwaggon and have a board small enough to drag to uni.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #3094 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 20:47:23 »
Good to see things moving again. I'm waiting for my big 80% board parcel, which looks to be soon.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #3095 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 22:10:15 »
I have already received my stuff. Everything is very good. Thannks sprit  :thumb:
I seems order more thing from your group buy :)

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #3096 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 22:16:34 »
I have already received my stuff. Everything is very good. Thannks sprit  :thumb:

Hi, mind telling what PCB size did you order please?

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #3097 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 23:44:35 »

Hi, mind telling what PCB size did you order please?

Much more spring (around 22 set); 60% PCB  & stabilizer.

Offline Lubed Up Slug

« Reply #3098 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 01:17:09 »
I ordered just a 60% pcb and I haven't even received a shipping confirmation. Is there any way I can check on my order? I PMed sprit but he didn't reply.

Offline WiNloSt

« Reply #3099 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 01:32:23 »
I order 87% R2 and haven't got a shipping invoice yet. I think Sprit has tons of work to do so I'll just wait for that mail