Author Topic: [SPRiT] R1 R2 (Shipping 92% Completed)  (Read 1783985 times)

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
Re: <SPRiT Model 1 2 3> = (Under Shipping)
« Reply #3250 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 14:17:29 »
So I'm one of the lucky few that have received boards so far. Although my order was wrong (got R1 keyboard for R2 order), I'm just happy I got something... anything.

I feel like given the delays, and the amount of time people have been waiting, it is extremely unethical to continue taking orders. This is magnified in light that Sprit is extremely unresponsive on email/GH to existing GB participants. However, for new buyers, it seems that Sprit is extremely quick in invoicing, collecting money, and then vanishing for months at a time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This GB needs to be delisted from the GB master list, and Sprit needs to stop taking new invoices until more existing orders have been filled. It seems like only dozens, out of the hundreds of participants have received anything at this point.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3251 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 14:25:19 »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. This GB needs to be delisted from the GB master list, and Sprit needs to stop taking new invoices until more existing orders have been filled. It seems like only dozens, out of the hundreds of participants have received anything at this point.

You're the second poster to make the claim that Sprit is acting unethically, and I was wondering if you'd explain what you mean by that?

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3252 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 15:04:31 »
This is not fair. A lot of people received their orders, I received my order and am very pleased with the comunication.
There are more snail GB's here it's ti be expected. I was part of Round 5 SPH Honeywell by 7bit, sold my order, it's been more than a year and no caps delivered. But still it's a correct GB only slow.
SPRiT is doing a nice job, he is one man so bear with him :thumb:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline limitz

« Reply #3253 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 17:05:19 »

You're the second poster to make the claim that Sprit is acting unethically, and I was wondering if you'd explain what you mean by that?

I mean continuously taking on orders when people since 2013 have still had their orders unfulfilled with no responses.

It's unethical to continue taking on new orders, if current orders have over a year backlog, and are being left with very poor response. It's a slap to the face of all existing participants, when Sprit doesn't respond to any of their messages, but is extremely responsive to new buyers.

This is not fair. A lot of people received their orders, I received my order and am very pleased with the comunication.
There are more snail GB's here it's ti be expected. I was part of Round 5 SPH Honeywell by 7bit, sold my order, it's been more than a year and no caps delivered. But still it's a correct GB only slow.
SPRiT is doing a nice job, he is one man so bear with him :thumb:

Just because there are worse run GB's, doesn't make this any better.

You must be one of the few that are pleased with your communication, because most people here have had nonexistent communication, to PM and emails.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 January 2015, 17:08:24 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline aaronz8

« Reply #3254 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 17:15:45 »
You have every right to be frustrated for not receiving your order in over a year. At the same time, keep in mind that there's more motivation for those that haven't received their orders to post here, than those who have; I'm assuming more people have received their orders than this thread shows. I certainly wasn't planning to post anything in this thread until I read the last few posts, but my personal experience here is that Sprit has been very helpful and responsive for the several times I had questions. I did order in december 2014 though... so there's another data point for ya. 87643-0

Offline WiNloSt

Re: &lt;SPRiT Model 1 2 3&gt; = (Under Shipping)
« Reply #3255 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 17:53:59 »
Seemed only 60% orders have been shipped for now. But no sign of other size orders.

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #3256 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 19:02:54 »
but my personal experience here is that Sprit has been very helpful and responsive for the several times I had questions
Maybe, but I think your personal experience is statistically insignificant. He is not responsive to most of us. And I’m not pleased seeing peoeple here who try to whitewash the problems. I agree to limitz’s criticism, this GB is a huge mess, because sprit reneges his promises again and again. Shall I post a short overview of all the promises he gave me? Probably I will ...
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 January 2015, 19:14:50 by Eszett »

Offline xandr

« Reply #3257 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 03:42:29 »
Seemed only 60% orders have been shipped for now. But no sign of other size orders.

Even the 60% orders are far from completed.

I too am one of the R1 participants who have paid back in 2013 and despite having received the first mail stating that my order is ready for shipping in July '14, I have not received anything yet.

While I still believe that Sprit is legit and not out to scam people, I do agree that it's ethically questionable to accept new orders - and apparently even get them sorted - before the backlog has been handled.

Also, his lack of communication is pretty bad and needs improvement.
Sprit 60% w/MX Clear in DuckMini V2 case | Matias Quiet Pro (office)

Offline lilky

« Reply #3258 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 15:43:13 »
I ordered 14 months ago and I am STILL waiting on my order. This is not acceptable.

Offline jlor

« Reply #3259 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 11:56:21 »
I got this a month ago (more or less):
Hello! 
110% PCBs' controller parts installed and firmware test done. Only need to solder diodes for 110 Switches. 
Its quite simple job but takes a couple of hours time.
So sorry for that ! 
If you are OK for solering diodes, i am shipping enough 2 types of diodes with PCBs.

I answered I was OK with soldering on the diodes myself. Since then I've tried contacting him via email and this forum, but I've not heard from him.

I know a lot of people received their order, and some even have contact with him. But that doesn't make the problem we're facing any smaller. It may even be that more than half the orders are fulfilled (doubtful!), but it's still extremely bad practice to not communicate unless it's regarding him getting money for new orders..

Offline pasph

« Reply #3260 on: Mon, 19 January 2015, 12:06:19 »
Draw a deadline we all can agree with and after that let's call this a scam
Rant is useless
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Eszett

« Reply #3261 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 10:18:56 »
My proposal for the deadline is April, the first. Yes, sounds funny. But I mean it seriously.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
<SPRiT Model 1 2 3> = (Under Shipping)
« Reply #3262 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 11:23:45 »
You're setting a date of April 1st, 2015 and if not all orders are delivered you're going to call this a scam?

And this is supposed to accomplish what in particular?

I agree that waiting is difficult and that many parts of this buy went wrong but how is labelling it a scam going to help?

Edit: grammar. 

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3263 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 11:41:58 »
This has got to be a fairly sophisticated scam if it is at all.
The dude has shipped a **** ton of other items and even some things from r1.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3264 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 11:55:58 »
Relax people.  I just go my order which was one of the ones he showed going out.  This is not a scam.  It is just a one man show and he is busy.  Packing and shipping 100s of orders is a HUGE job and it takes forever.  I know this because I own my own company and I do all of our shipping.  I am confident everyone will get their stuff.  I am willing to bet you will all get your stuff before the GH60 buy finishes.  That one as well is NOT a scam and we will all get our stuff in due time...

GBs are not easy and they take a lot more work than anyone realizes.  I talked to Sprit on the phone about 6 months ago and said that everything is a lot more work than he expected and it was a lot slower than he was hoping.  Then he got a new job and his spare time was drastically limited.  He has been doing a good job getting stuff out again recently, but it is going to still be slow.

You try soldering over 100 keyboards and sorting over 100,000 springs and such...  Its a ton of work.  Then packing and shipping everything...  Craziness...

Everyone needs to chill, he is not trying to scam anyone...

Offline pasph

« Reply #3265 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 13:16:37 »
It was just a provocation.
If we put the deadline at 5 years from now do you think it's reasonable?
And if i say 2 years?
The problem is nobody wants to draw it and this isn't reasonable.
Sometimes i think we want to be scammed
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #3266 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 13:27:30 »
The only sad part of this is that when the GB started, it started with pcb only and the timeline was like 5 weeks. This was the main reason I got into this GB because I didn't want to get stuck in a super big GB like GH60 that never ends. But then Sprit added cases options and stabilizers options and springs options and started a round 2 and even a round 3 and even if he's delivering some stuff, things went way too big way too fast and he got some unexpected problems with the pcb not having all parts factory soldered.

I am not mad at him at all, I think he only got stuck into all of this. I just hope he could find a way to calm things, make a realist schedule and send things following this schedule (no crazy deadlines, no need to freak out with dates, just something in the likes: In the next to week I will send the stuff for people A,B and C, then the next 2 weeks it will be people D,E and F, etc.) This way we would only need to wait until it's our turn to receive our stuff.

Right now, people are stuck hoping to get their stuff at some point because even if Sprit send some stuff, it's not enough to convince everyone he will be able to deliver everything. If Sprit manages to make things more clear as to what we should all expect as a schedule for our stuff it would help a lot probably.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Melanic

« Reply #3267 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 13:38:52 »
I just go my order which was one of the ones he showed going out.
You, sir, must have the devil's luck to get your first order in May, and then another one recently.

As one of the R1 60% orders who is still waiting on reply's/goods, it is disconcerting that Sprit continues to take and ship new R2 orders. I think it's only reasonable to fulfill the orders as they were received, and possibly stop taking orders until the queue has been addressed.

Also, I don't understand why Sprit can't or won't send out R2 boards to fulfill R1 orders as he seems to have boxes of them.

That being said I'll continue to wait and hope for the best, because I have to at this point.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3268 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 13:41:56 »
I just go my order which was one of the ones he showed going out.
You, sir, must have the devil's luck to get your first order in May, and then another one recently.

As one of the R1 60% orders who is still waiting on reply's/goods, it is disconcerting that Sprit continues to take and ship new R2 orders. I think it's only reasonable to fulfill the orders as they were received, and possibly stop taking orders until the queue has been addressed.

Also, I don't understand why Sprit can't or won't send out R2 boards to fulfill R1 orders as he seems to have boxes of them.

That being said I'll continue to wait and hope for the best, because I have to at this point.
Mine was not a R2 order. I just got my second R1 order.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #3269 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 18:30:33 »
The only sad part of this is that when the GB started, it started with pcb only and the timeline was like 5 weeks. This was the main reason I got into this GB because I didn't want to get stuck in a super big GB like GH60 that never ends. But then Sprit added cases options and stabilizers options and springs options and started a round 2 and even a round 3 and even if he's delivering some stuff, things went way too big way too fast and he got some unexpected problems with the pcb not having all parts factory soldered.

I am not mad at him at all, I think he only got stuck into all of this. I just hope he could find a way to calm things, make a realist schedule and send things following this schedule (no crazy deadlines, no need to freak out with dates, just something in the likes: In the next to week I will send the stuff for people A,B and C, then the next 2 weeks it will be people D,E and F, etc.) This way we would only need to wait until it's our turn to receive our stuff.

Right now, people are stuck hoping to get their stuff at some point because even if Sprit send some stuff, it's not enough to convince everyone he will be able to deliver everything. If Sprit manages to make things more clear as to what we should all expect as a schedule for our stuff it would help a lot probably.

Right... I'm fine to solder the diodes myself to speed up the process...

A good and transparent schedule is essential. I don't think this is a scam, but I'm unhappy with the procrastination and seeing R2 people receiving stuff before me R1 people.

Offline limitz

« Reply #3270 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 21:44:20 »
Relax people.  I just go my order which was one of the ones he showed going out.  This is not a scam.  It is just a one man show and he is busy.  Packing and shipping 100s of orders is a HUGE job and it takes forever.  I know this because I own my own company and I do all of our shipping.  I am confident everyone will get their stuff.  I am willing to bet you will all get your stuff before the GH60 buy finishes.  That one as well is NOT a scam and we will all get our stuff in due time...

GBs are not easy and they take a lot more work than anyone realizes.  I talked to Sprit on the phone about 6 months ago and said that everything is a lot more work than he expected and it was a lot slower than he was hoping.  Then he got a new job and his spare time was drastically limited.  He has been doing a good job getting stuff out again recently, but it is going to still be slow.

You try soldering over 100 keyboards and sorting over 100,000 springs and such...  Its a ton of work.  Then packing and shipping everything...  Craziness...

Nobody is saying this is a scam. Stop with this angle. I'm certainly not claiming Sprit is out to scam anyone, nor are 99.99% of the other posters here. However... continuing to take on orders... being EXTREMELY responsive to new orders (responding and invoicing in hours), then letting the backlog grow on old orders is unacceptable.

There are two main issues here:

1. Taking on orders when existing orders are being left unfulfilled, all while the clammer is getting louder from existing participants (and for good reason).

2. The lack and general flakiness in communication. Either not responding to PM's or emails, or making  countless self-imposed deadlines regarding shipping, breaking them, and going unresponsive after that. The fact that he is so responsive to new orders is just salt in the wound.

I get that soldering keyboards takes a long time. I understand that packing/shipping is tedious. You say that Sprits feedback was that everything was more work than he expected. If that is the case, why is Sprit continuing to take on new orders instead of clearing the massive backlog that he has now?

All I ask is that the mods delist this from the GB master list. It's not fair to the existing GB participants anymore. You bring up the GH60 buy... but notice GH60 isn't taking on any new orders.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 January 2015, 21:58:55 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3271 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 21:56:07 »

I'm tired of the guys defending Sprit.

Nobody is saying this is a scam. Stop with this angle. I'm certainly not claiming Sprit is out to scam anyone.

However... continuing to take on orders... being EXTREMELY responsive to new orders (responding and invoicing in hours), then letting the backlog grow on old orders is unacceptable.

I get that soldering keyboards takes a long time. I understand. You claim that Sprit says that everything is more work than he expected. If this is the case, why is Sprit taking on new orders instead of clearing the massive backlog that he has now?

This is the key question here.
I can't speak for him, but I know that he had to get a specific MOQ for each PCB layout in order to get them factory soldered.  I know he was short MOQ on some layouts for R2 for factory soldering, so that is very likely a reason why he is still taking orders and why R2 has been delayed. I know he had enough 60% orders, but the other layouts were short. I know he can't afford to solder everything like he did in R1. I think he was considering paying out of pocket to get those other layouts up to MOQ, but I think he was trying to avoid that since he is already heavily invested in this.

I don't know if this is still the case and I can't speak for sprit, but I am sure there are reasons for the delay.

Offline limitz

« Reply #3272 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 22:02:42 »
Again, you're avoiding the most important question:

Why is he taking new orders, when the existing backlog is unfilled, growing, and increasingly vocal?

All I ask is that he stop accepting orders, and delist this buy from the GB master list.

> I know he was short MOQ on some layouts for R2 for factory soldering, so that is very likely a reason why he is still taking orders and why R2 has been delayed. I know he had enough 60% orders, but the other layouts were short.

None of this explains why R1 orders have been unfulfilled for so long.

>I know he can't afford to solder everything like he did in R1.

He's not soldering all the R1 orders. He's asking people to solder the PCB's themselves, then being flaky after that. As a previous poster said, all he's waiting on is the PCB, and he's even okay with hand soldering it.

> I can't speak for sprit

And the denouement. Sprit is on GH very often. Everyone can see his last logged in. Yet he rarely posts in this thread or answers PM's.

Why can't Sprit speak for himself?

edit: grammar
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 January 2015, 23:32:32 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline TheMoonUnderWater

« Reply #3273 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 14:34:13 »

I'm tired of the guys defending Sprit.

Nobody is saying this is a scam. Stop with this angle. I'm certainly not claiming Sprit is out to scam anyone.

However... continuing to take on orders... being EXTREMELY responsive to new orders (responding and invoicing in hours), then letting the backlog grow on old orders is unacceptable.

I get that soldering keyboards takes a long time. I understand. You claim that Sprit says that everything is more work than he expected. If this is the case, why is Sprit taking on new orders instead of clearing the massive backlog that he has now?

This is the key question here.
I can't speak for him, but I know that he had to get a specific MOQ for each PCB layout in order to get them factory soldered.  I know he was short MOQ on some layouts for R2 for factory soldering, so that is very likely a reason why he is still taking orders and why R2 has been delayed. I know he had enough 60% orders, but the other layouts were short. I know he can't afford to solder everything like he has still to do in R1. I think he was considering paying out of pocket to get those other layouts up to MOQ, but I think he was trying to avoid that since he is already heavily invested in this.

I don't know if this is still the case and I can't speak for sprit, but I am sure there are reasons for the delay.

I fixed that for you. In fact, I've offered to solder my own myself several times in emails to him but not heard back... I don't believe for a second it's a scam. He's clearly overwhelmed. But if he's sinking, he needs to reach out to people who want to help.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 January 2015, 14:41:59 by TheMoonUnderWater »

Offline jlor

« Reply #3274 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 09:34:52 »

I can't speak for him, but I know that he had to get a specific MOQ for each PCB layout in order to get them factory soldered.  I know he was short MOQ on some layouts for R2 for factory soldering, so that is very likely a reason why he is still taking orders and why R2 has been delayed. I know he had enough 60% orders, but the other layouts were short. I know he can't afford to solder everything like he did in R1. I think he was considering paying out of pocket to get those other layouts up to MOQ, but I think he was trying to avoid that since he is already heavily invested in this.

He told me he had the 110% PCB, but unsoldered. He asked me if I was OK with soldering myself, to which I replied "yes". So I don't think R2 is open to fill the non-60% MOQ, since he apparently already has the 110% PCBs..

I'll join everyone else in saying this is NOT a scam. I've ordered from Sprit before and got my order quite fast. I just think he is overwhelmed at the moment. Lack of communication is a concern for me though..

But then again.. I've gotten to the point where I've come to terms with seeing the money go to waste. Not getting my product. The project I needed the board for has been cancelled and a factory made keyboard has been bought instead.

I for one will not be buying anything from Sprit again, it seems he does not have the organizational skills to manage a group buy correctly. If it is popular, he simply can not cope with the amount of orders.. It's too bad, because he has had some good ones..

Offline RSSonic92

« Reply #3275 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 13:44:59 »
no, updates yet... this really unsettling as customer

sprit, please have mercy, this is really distressing on my end!

edit: "weekly" update is 3 weeks over...
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 January 2015, 14:38:28 by RSSonic92 »

Offline rand77

« Reply #3276 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 10:58:12 »
Does anyone know how to activate to switch between the function layers on the SPRit PCB?

I just put together a new build, and accidentally toggled a function layer.  The bottom right keys now function as arrow keys :)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #3277 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 11:21:02 »
Does anyone know how to activate to switch between the function layers on the SPRit PCB?

I just put together a new build, and accidentally toggled a function layer.  The bottom right keys now function as arrow keys :)
Guide here: Esc + Backspace gets you out of FN2 layer
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58945.0
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline IMHB

« Reply #3278 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 22:24:46 »
so... anyone in NA have received their order so far?

PLEASE HAVE MERCY SPRIT IT'S BEEN MORE THAN 1 YEAR

Offline WiNloSt

« Reply #3279 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 23:10:38 »
This GB definitely took longer than I expected :( I know it's hard to deal with a lot of orders but we'd rather hear there problem from Sprit himself than this silence.

Offline howthegodschill

« Reply #3280 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 23:30:34 »
Although I certainly haven't been waiting even close to a year or more like some of you, but I'll at least post my interaction with him.

On Friday, January 9th, I placed the order early afternoon, and got the invoice from Sprit later that night. I paid for it, and we finalized a couple of the customization options. He told me that he would pack and ship my order on Monday. It's two weeks later, and I haven't heard anything. I emailed him, and am going to wait a little while for a response.

Although the Korea shipping estimate that I paid for states 1-2 weeks, I know it's not unreasonable for some products to take 6-8 weeks. That being said, 52+ weeks is absolutely insane in my opinion. Without updates of progress or whatever the heck is going on, I think the only feasible option is to speak with your wallet. Check your transaction on the Paypal website, because I know mine states that I can dispute up to 180 days after the transaction. For those who have been waiting almost six months, you may have an option if you don't want to wait any longer.

Offline RSSonic92

« Reply #3281 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 09:34:15 »
I think it is really time for sprit to take a statement on the issues discussed in this thread, we have all right to be angry if he justs keeps avoiding responding to us as it concerns these issues...

Offline limitz

« Reply #3282 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 11:46:02 »
so... anyone in NA have received their order so far?

PLEASE HAVE MERCY SPRIT IT'S BEEN MORE THAN 1 YEAR

Yes, certain people have.

Although I certainly haven't been waiting even close to a year or more like some of you, but I'll at least post my interaction with him.

On Friday, January 9th, I placed the order early afternoon, and got the invoice from Sprit later that night. I paid for it, and we finalized a couple of the customization options. He told me that he would pack and ship my order on Monday. It's two weeks later, and I haven't heard anything. I emailed him, and am going to wait a little while for a response.

Although the Korea shipping estimate that I paid for states 1-2 weeks, I know it's not unreasonable for some products to take 6-8 weeks. That being said, 52+ weeks is absolutely insane in my opinion. Without updates of progress or whatever the heck is going on, I think the only feasible option is to speak with your wallet. Check your transaction on the Paypal website, because I know mine states that I can dispute up to 180 days after the transaction. For those who have been waiting almost six months, you may have an option if you don't want to wait any longer.

I hope I'm wrong about this, but I'm pretty certain that your order did not get packed and shipped, just based on reading the responses here. Let's just say Sprit isn't great at meeting deadlines.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 January 2015, 11:53:59 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline Hzza

« Reply #3283 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 13:13:28 »
Yeah, I think I was told that my order was being packed and shipped around March last year...haven't received anything and haven't had a reply to any messages in like 6 months.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #3284 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 17:58:10 »
It's mind-blowing that sprit is still accepting new orders given the backlog of R1 orders.
Perhaps those not familiar with the status of the group buy should be given a fair warning when before they order. It's only fair to potential buyers and to those who are waiting on their orders. There are MANY people still waiting on their 2013 orders! You are taking a substantial risk by placing an order with a person who has been unresponsive and flat-out ignoring emails/PMs regarding orders.

Offline howthegodschill

« Reply #3285 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 11:45:47 »
I emailed Sprit last Tuesday for an update, but got no response.
Today I received my order, which I placed less than a month ago (January 9th, 2015).
While I am happy that I got my money's worth, and actually received my product, I also realized that I shouldn't have been nervous in the first place. This should have been like any other transaction, and the only thing I should have been nervous about is someone stealing the package from my doorstep.

To everyone who has been waiting months, or even over a year; this sucks. There is definitely an issue here, and it is not being handled properly at all. When I can place an order and receive it in four weeks, when others have been waiting 52+ weeks, that's a goddamn problem.

Offline FreeChemicals

« Reply #3286 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 15:55:57 »
Tonight, I found some interesting stuff for this PCB: a comprehensive guide and an offline application to remap the layout!

http://blog.winkeyless.kr/183 - Guide using the BootMapper Client
http://blog.winkeyless.kr/184 - Hardware macro keys
http://blog.winkeyless.kr/185 - General info
http://blog.winkeyless.kr/155 - Applications

Download both parts & extract part1 (should automatically grab part2) & extract the contents of bootMapperClient.core.V0.4.5.zip to the same folder.

If you open up bootMapperClient.exe, you basically end up in the same interface as the online version at http://boot.winkeyless.kr/bootMapper/. When the keyboard is in bootmapper mode, the application will register the keycodes (use the drop down menu to set the target to ps2avrU).

Uploading keymaps and macro's works fine (first unplug USB, press Q for 5 seconds, and plug the USB cable so all leds will flick, as said by sprit). I didn't try to flash the firmware, and I believe the other buttons in the options tab only apply to the ps2avrGB (another version of this PCB, which seems to have RGB LED support).

That info filled some of the gaps of infiniti's unofficial firmware guide (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58945.0;topicseen) and sprit's post (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50580.msg1256970#msg1256970).

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #3287 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 07:28:46 »
Just built one of my own. I have to say it is fantastic!

Offline RSSonic92

« Reply #3288 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 13:25:49 »
To everyone who has been waiting months, or even over a year; this sucks. There is definitely an issue here, and it is not being handled properly at all. When I can place an order and receive it in four weeks, when others have been waiting 52+ weeks, that's a goddamn problem.

Yeah, this sucks, SPRiT rather answers questions about his springs on Deskthority than answering the e-mail I sent him or giving out a status update...

Offline AlexJP

« Reply #3289 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 23:57:23 »
I ordered november 14, 2013.

Only reply i got from him was in this:

"« Sent to: AlexJP on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 00:35:48 »
 « You have forwarded or responded to this message. » ReplyQuoteDelete
 Hi!  Alex!   Almost ready to ship Your 60% Sets!    :thumb:

I will PM in detail  !!    ;)"

what now?  :-[

Offline heissler

• I engineer invisible stuff
« Reply #3290 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 03:22:22 »

I am in the same boat, also ordered around November '13. I am just sitting here, crossing fingers and waiting. There's nothing else you can do.
Has trouble not spending money on keyboards

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3291 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 03:26:29 »

he has promised to ship mine like 3-4 for times, I've just given up on this GB
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline AlexJP

« Reply #3292 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 17:00:28 »
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline John Venture

« Reply #3293 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 11:55:05 »
When I can place an order and receive it in four weeks

and receive it in four weeks

four weeks

That's the amount of time since he last emailed me my year-old order was about to ship before going dark again.

Offline Eszett

« Reply #3294 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 23:35:03 »
My blood pressure rises ...
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 February 2015, 23:40:44 by Eszett »

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
« Reply #3295 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 01:20:12 »
I sincerely hope things are moving along in this GB. Would it be too much to ask for status updates such as orders shipped, orders remaining?

If theres anything causing the shipping to be delayed could it be made known to us? i'm quite sure the participants would be willing to compromise to receive their order earlier.

Offline jlor

« Reply #3296 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 12:48:21 »
I've emailed him and messaged him on this board several times.

What actions do we have available to us at the moment? I believe we can freeze his paypal account due to scamming*, and we may be able to get the forum administrators on this somehow too..

* regarding scamming: While some people have received their order, I will still call this scamming-esque. It varies a lot whether you get a response or not, whether you get your order or not.. It all depends on Sprits mood when you contact him it seems. When people can get their order within a year and others have to wait 2+ years there's clearly something very much wrong.

Offline TheMoonUnderWater

« Reply #3297 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 15:25:34 »
I sincerely hope things are moving along in this GB. Would it be too much to ask for status updates such as orders shipped, orders remaining?

If theres anything causing the shipping to be delayed could it be made known to us? i'm quite sure the participants would be willing to compromise to receive their order earlier.

Seconded. Sprit, bring the issues out in the open please and we can discuss.

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #3298 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 16:34:51 »
This situation reminds me of what happened with Takaki a few years ago and his TKL acrylic case group buy. Beautiful pictures are shown, things are promised and supposedly the items are produced. There are some flaws but there are timely responses for replacements for the select few who's items are sent out, etc.. Then all of a sudden ... nothing. The organizer disappears. The magnitude of the buy too large for a single individual to handle. And here we are again, except instead of just acrylic cases, there are PCBs, switches, springs and assembly. I don't expect much of this anymore, rather I don't expect anything out of Sprit as I've chalked this up as a loss. Regardless of what Sprit says, I have no reason to participate in any type of buy that will come from him. I'd rather get a refund than anything as it'd pay for groupbuys that have actual great, reliable organizers. It's been a bit over one month since Sprit's logged in here at GH.

Time to move on and be wary of individuals who appear out of no where and promise delusions of great items only to be let down in the end. Lesson learned and for many, a hard lesson learned.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #3299 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 16:38:44 »
Glad I didn't get snagged by this one.  Really makes you appreciate all the successful Duck buys by Elton.