Author Topic: [SPRiT] R1 R2 (Shipping 92% Completed)  (Read 1783961 times)

Offline fatchoi

Re: <SPRiT Model 1 2 3> = (Under Shipping)
« Reply #3300 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 20:32:21 »
I've emailed him and messaged him on this board several times.

What actions do we have available to us at the moment? I believe we can freeze his paypal account due to scamming*, and we may be able to get the forum administrators on this somehow too..

* regarding scamming: While some people have received their order, I will still call this scamming-esque. It varies a lot whether you get a response or not, whether you get your order or not.. It all depends on Sprits mood when you contact him it seems. When people can get their order within a year and others have to wait 2+ years there's clearly something very much wrong.

+1. The situation is unacceptable. Freeze his Paypal account unless we receive our stuff before a specific timeline. Four weeks from now?
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 February 2015, 20:44:17 by fatchoi »

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #3301 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 06:35:58 »
OK, four weeks from now. Hope is a bad consultant.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 February 2015, 08:02:04 by Eszett »

Offline WiNloSt

Re: &lt;SPRiT Model 1 2 3&gt; = (Under Shipping)
« Reply #3302 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 08:26:08 »
Please show up Sprit :((

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3303 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 08:46:45 »

What actions do we have available to us at the moment? I believe we can freeze his paypal account due to scamming*, and we may be able to get the forum administrators on this somehow too..

* regarding scamming: While some people have received their order, I will still call this scamming-esque. It varies a lot whether you get a response or not, whether you get your order or not.. It all depends on Sprits mood when you contact him it seems. When people can get their order within a year and others have to wait 2+ years there's clearly something very much wrong.

+1. The situation is unacceptable. Freeze his Paypal account unless we receive our stuff before a specific timeline. Four weeks from now?
we can't freeze a paypal account after 90 days so that option is not viable, nor do I think it's effective. I do not believe sprit is out to scam, but freezing a paypal account makes it worse for both parts. Sprit looses money if he ships it out, which he won't if that's the case, and we don't get our money back. Best think we can do right now is to wait and hope
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #3304 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 08:55:33 »

we can't freeze a paypal account after 90 days so that option is not viable, nor do I think it's effective. I do not believe sprit is out to scam, but freezing a paypal account makes it worse for both parts. Sprit looses money if he ships it out, which he won't if that's the case, and we don't get our money back. Best think we can do right now is to wait and hope

Surely I don't want to do something ugly. But frankly, it really depends on if we think the stuff would be shipped out.
If it is, then freezing it is no good.
If it's not, then freezing it at least do some justice as we are not receiving our stuff anyways. Just wait and hope and see the money being taken out from PayPal and he's not returning?

I've been holding faith and hope for a long time already. Been told that the stuff would be shipped out but ended up not. Real frustrated that it holds up my several projects, and I missed a few opportunities to buy good stuff  because I believed Sprit will do his job. Emailed and PM-ed a few times, and I've done my part. Soon it's time for more actions.

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #3305 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 15:23:09 »
"Justice" is not particularly useful. One might feel better for a moment in knowing that someone does not have access to their PayPal account, but it will eliminate even a slight possibility that Sprit will ship out the orders. I would personally rather there was less justice and more keyboards.

I am not just speaking theoretically. Sprit owes me 700 USD or 3.5 keyboards from November.

In any case I have a proposal! I suggest we fill in the form below with the details of our orders. This way we will at least have a rough idea of how many orders are not fulfilled and maybe we can find commonalities to draw conclusions from. This could possibly allow to push Sprit in the right direction... Maybe. Or at least have an idea if there is any progress on those orders created in 2013.

Here is the form: http://goo.gl/forms/XIBSKp0Ssq

Keep the URL because you can edit your answer. Please fill in more then one form if you made several orders at different dates.

The spreadsheet with the data can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/pkusbkg

Tell me what you think of the idea and comments on the form. Thanks:)
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 February 2015, 15:28:05 by MrChunky »

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #3306 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 16:33:04 »
"Justice" is not particularly useful. One might feel better for a moment in knowing that someone does not have access to their PayPal account, but it will eliminate even a slight possibility that Sprit will ship out the orders. I would personally rather there was less justice and more keyboards.

I am not just speaking theoretically. Sprit owes me 700 USD or 3.5 keyboards from November.

In any case I have a proposal! I suggest we fill in the form below with the details of our orders. This way we will at least have a rough idea of how many orders are not fulfilled and maybe we can find commonalities to draw conclusions from. This could possibly allow to push Sprit in the right direction... Maybe. Or at least have an idea if there is any progress on those orders created in 2013.

Keep the URL because you can edit your answer. Please fill in more then one form if you made several orders at different dates.

Good idea although I don't know if Sprit will actually read that. I submitted a response. Turns out I have $170 tied up in this buy.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3307 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 07:48:33 »
I think Sprit is doing everything he can to not get his paypal account freezed. That's prob why he prioritizes the newer order since those can report to paypal if they don't get the keyboard. WE are already too late

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #3308 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 09:35:34 »
I think Sprit is doing everything he can to not get his paypal account freezed. That's prob why he prioritizes the newer order since those can report to paypal if they don't get the keyboard. WE are already too late

I believe this is the case.

He has two other buys going, and it seems like the springs buy is slowing down too. Initially, that buy was getting orders fulfilled... but there has been posting in that thread as well of not being able to contact Sprit.

Regardless, and this is the 3rd time I'll say it. The mods NEED to remove ALL Sprit buys from the GB master list. It's bad enough when users are resigned to not receiving anything, but it's even worse when new users are still throwing money into this hole.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 February 2015, 09:41:44 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #3309 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 09:59:00 »
I agree that it's time we do something about it. I personally believe my money is lost at this point. If I ever receive something, that's good, if not then it sucks. But he should at least prioritize fulfilling his first orders before taking new ones or not be able to take new orders at all.

At least it would prevent some more people getting screwed.

And if Sprit ends up delivering his stuff, then all the better. If not, then he managed to scam a lot of people...
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Ripudio

« Reply #3310 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 10:08:03 »
I feel like Sprit is just a guy and he's trying his best to deliver to everyone that placed an order. But when you're faced with moving a mountain of orders, it might be easiest for him to fill the easy orders at the top rather (the 60% boards) rather than the more difficult ones that require soldering and whatnot. I just think that threatening him is probably encouraging him to clam up.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #3311 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 10:23:43 »
I feel like Sprit is just a guy and he's trying his best to deliver to everyone that placed an order. But when you're faced with moving a mountain of orders, it might be easiest for him to fill the easy orders at the top rather (the 60% boards) rather than the more difficult ones that require soldering and whatnot. I just think that threatening him is probably encouraging him to clam up.

I used to think this, but here's the thing:

When he first started this group buy, he mentioned an expected completion time of about 4-5 weeks. This was the main reason why I joined. Then he added stuff and got some problems. This I can understand. But since then, he promised many times to many of us to deliver the stuff and never did so. He also often mentioned that the stuff itself was ready to be sent. This was many months ago. He also started another group buy for springs.

And he still takes new orders...

Out of RESPECT for all of us that got into this group buy AND PAID more than a year ago, he should not be sending stuff to those that just joined the group buy. Not because they should not get their stuff, but simply because he should not take more orders if he's not able to fulfill the orders that are more than 1 year overdue. If he's overwhelmed by this group buy, he should have stopped taking new orders a long time ago and deliver the stuff that he should have sent before. Then once this is done, he could resume taking new orders. This would be the way to go to get back some respect and trust.

I have nothing against him personally, but if he's really not scamming anyone, which I am really not sure anymore, then he should do 3 things:

1. Update this thread and post some realist estimates of delivery times for everyone involved yet.

2. Stop taking new orders until he has fulfilled the orders already paid for.

3. Deliver the stuff that was paid for and keep giving a status update at least once every 2 weeks or so. Could be each month as long as the stuff is delivered.

And if he has some problems that make it impossible to send us the stuff as expected, he should inform us and at least propose some solutions. I am pretty sure most of us would have preferred to get a pcb that lacks some soldering than not getting anything at all...

That's my opinion, you can have your own. For more than a year I have been keeping faith. Let's say that now my faith is very thin.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline limitz

« Reply #3312 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 10:45:33 »

Not all the orders that are getting delivered are 60% boards, and users that don't even want a soldered PCB or case are still not getting their stuff. Essentially, some people are just waiting on a blank PCB.

Also no one is threatening Sprit. A user going to Paypal after paying $750 over a year ago, with absolutely no communication, and numerous broken promises... is 100% within his rights to think this is a scam. Sprit hasn't even been on GH in over a month. Let that sink in. He has 3 GB's up, one of which has users waiting since 2013, and he hasn't logged in over month. That would be fine if there was email communication, but there's no communication.

This is a chicken and the egg situation. You're claiming that Sprit is clamming up because of the users here. I disagree. I believe the participants in this GB, especially the ones from 2013, are absolutely within their right to start demanding more updates, and I'm frankly surprised it hasn't happened sooner. The community has been extremely patient with Sprit, and it is Sprit that has betrayed the confidence and trust of this community by refusing to communicate at all.

This situation is now reaching a breaking point. Where do we draw the line between "oh he's busy with work", to "he's scamming, and will not deliver." There's needs to be a delineation now. People want to see action, and I'm not surprised that people want to turn to Paypal for resolution. If that involves freezing Sprit's Paypal, well... nobody will receive goods after that, but were they going to anyway?

PS: Also, someone else can experiment. But Sprit is still responding for new orders placed. Even posts made 2 weeks ago claim such with a turnaround time of less than 24 hours before he'll give you an invoice. This is a huge red flag for me, and I'm surprised more people haven't latched onto this fact.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 February 2015, 10:49:38 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #3313 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 15:20:15 »

Good idea although I don't know if Sprit will actually read that. I submitted a response. Turns out I have $170 tied up in this buy.

I don't think it is for Sprit to read. I presume he should have something like this of his own. For some reason he does not want to make public. I hope if people get on board and fill it in we will be able to track the progress of deliveries, or lack of such. Then we can draw a conclusion about whether there is slow progress or its something else that I hope it is not.

People keep mentioning that they want to work this out as a community. I think this is the best chance we have, considering lack of cooperation from the vendor.

I would encourage even those who have ordered recently and especially those who received their orders to fill in the form.

Offline pasph

« Reply #3314 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 18:04:14 »
You can draw also the amount of our money he should have in his bank account
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline pasph

« Reply #3315 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 18:22:52 »

I don't think it is for Sprit to read. I presume he should have something like this of his own. For some reason he does not want to make public.

Last time he posted here i've sent him a mail stating it was ok with me not soldered pcbs and just wanted a complete list of what i've ordered.
He answered that he would send me the list.
I'm still waiting.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline blighty

« Reply #3316 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 19:02:49 »
I think he's not the greatest communicator.  Even in his posts, he managed to show alot of pictures without any concrete updates, even downright evasive as to progress of the buy.  At least he didn't constantly blame other people for the buy issues?   ;D

A couple of months after I got my 2 75% pcbs (took just over/under a year to get, 10 or so months after paying for shipping, with semi-regular pokes for status updates), I get an email from PayPal, saying that sprit had sent me a payment.  It was for $300+ with no description given as to why.  Given that I tend to buy/sell crap when I get home a wee bit tipsy, my first thought was "What the hell did I sell to sprit for that much?"  It seems he had me confused with someone who wanted a refund on something.  After realizing that was the case, I (of course) reversed the payment.  To me that shows that he (at that point) was trying to make good on at least parts of the buy. 

I admit, I was stoked just to get my stuff to begin with.  I figured I had just pissed away the $140 or so the boards and shipping were, so I was more than delighted that things arrived.  It would have been the third time I got burned on a buy (takaki's acrylic case buy for a case + shipping, stabs from the prof's phantom parts buy).  I don't any of them started out as scams, I think they all just got in over their heads, and peaced out instead of asking for some sort of help.

Oh, I figure freezing the paypal account will guarantee this buy dies outside of what Zeal is selling.  So, plan on boycotting Zeal for supporting sprit?   :))   I'm picturing virtual pitchforks heading to DDOS Zeal's website now.   :thumb:
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline Eszett

« Reply #3317 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 07:18:59 »
Zeal, would you like to chime in? Do you still have contact to sprit?

Offline pasph

« Reply #3318 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 08:47:05 »
Sprit the situation is simple: if you have bought something with my money ship it now.
If my money still are in your bank account then, after all this time, refund.
Otherwise is a scam.

Offline chocobunny

« Reply #3319 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 14:48:22 »
I think I have spent about $350 back in 2013 but have yet to receive anything. :(

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3320 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 15:06:33 »
I feel really bad for everyone still trapped in this thread. Unfortunately there are still people who don't know the situation and are buying into the buy. I was lucky enough that I got my order canceled and a refund, but that was several months ago, and I know no one has heard from zeal or sprit for awhile.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #3321 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 15:12:50 »

I don't have any comments as I'm not associated with the distribution of this buy.

Sprit's does go quiet sometimes, but then when he comes back there's always a huge update. Hopefully we'll hear from him soon during Lunar New Years.
There's no reason to collect orders, have them produced and not distribute to "scam" you guys. I feel that he's just swamped with fulfillment right now. :/
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline limitz

« Reply #3322 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 16:04:21 »

I don't have any comments as I'm not associated with the distribution of this buy.

Sprit's does go quiet sometimes, but then when he comes back there's always a huge update. Hopefully we'll hear from him soon during Lunar New Years.
There's no reason to collect orders, have them produced and not distribute to "scam" you guys. I feel that he's just swamped with fulfillment right now. :/

That's assuming all the orders have been produced. There's a strong possibility that not everything has been produced. Why else would the 2013 orders still be lagging, while the new orders get filled?
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #3323 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 18:50:44 »

That's assuming all the orders have been produced. There's a strong possibility that not everything has been produced. Why else would the 2013 orders still be lagging, while the new orders get filled?

Right. I don't understand what's still preventing him from shipping, as people already said ok to solder the diodes themselves for non-60 board. Unless there is other issue undisclosed.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #3324 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 18:54:44 »

Korean Lunar New Year holiday is from 18 to 20 Feb. So I could wait a few days more for him to show up.

But Zeal, understanding you are not associated with the buy, you could reach him easier than we do I presume. Could you please send him a kind reminder on what's happening here?

Offline pasph

« Reply #3325 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 19:46:09 »

The only updates i've seen in months is always the same: "wait a little longer"
He seems to have found the time to ship to you the stuff you're selling now but not our orders, am i right?
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 February 2015, 19:56:50 by pasph »

Offline howthegodschill

« Reply #3326 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 19:40:46 »

Swamped with fulfillment as he may be, he was still able to take my money last month, process my order, and have it on my doorstep in less than four weeks.
What about the people who ordered something similar to me back in 2013?

Offline pasph

« Reply #3327 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 06:59:37 »
Refund requested (PM and mail)

Offline Defect

• I collect keyboards and keyboard accessories
« Reply #3328 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 10:21:54 »
LIFO vs FIFO.

Wish sprit ran on FIFO.

Not pictured: KeyCool 84 [MX Red] | Focus 2001 [Complicated White Alps]
Endgame Board | Defect's Watermelon Board Build Doc

Offline pasph

« Reply #3329 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 10:59:40 »
Wish he don't run on First In Never Out

Offline elllit

« Reply #3330 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 15:32:54 »
Well, I am one of those that has given money for the first round back in the beginning of this GB. I am still waiting for the fulfillment. I just want to post my opinion on this topic.

Is this a scam?  -- No, not for me... and even if so, I had the money back then and I knew it could take a while until I receive anything. (or maybe nothing and it would/will be an experience, a costly tho)
Is this GB slow?  -- Yes, incredibly so...
Should Sprit hold orders until he fulfilled a certain amount of orders?  -- If was him, I would certainly... but it's his choice and the choice for the people that order...

But, thats just my 50Cts

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #3331 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 16:21:13 »
Well, I am one of those that has given money for the first round back in the beginning of this GB. I am still waiting for the fulfillment. I just want to post my opinion on this topic.

Is this a scam?  -- No, not for me... and even if so, I had the money back then and I knew it could take a while until I receive anything. (or maybe nothing and it would/will be an experience, a costly tho)
Is this GB slow?  -- Yes, incredibly so...
Should Sprit hold orders until he fulfilled a certain amount of orders?  -- If was him, I would certainly... but it's his choice and the choice for the people that order...

But, thats just my 50Cts

Would you mind adding your order to the roster here, so we can keep track of people who might receive their orders? I think it would help clarify the situation in the long run.

Also we have the same number of posts. high five! :p

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #3332 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 19:09:25 »
Would you mind adding your order to the roster here, so we can keep track of people who might receive their orders? I think it would help clarify the situation in the long run.

Also we have the same number of posts. high five! :p

What exactly is the point of this form? I'm certain sprit has a spreadsheet with all of the current orders. It seems pointless. If the point is to exert pressure on sprit, then people need to be more vocal in this thread instead of filling out an unofficial form.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #3333 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 19:43:05 »
What exactly is the point of this form?

We're (well, you. I'm not in this GB) not trying to jog Spirit's memory; we're trying to get a handle on how big the problem is, and if there're any clear common denominators ("Oh look, Spirit hates shipping to Virginia and Texas") so that if/when we actually get ahold of Spirit again, we'll have an understanding of why he's falling behind, or at least can collectively bargain instead of being a teeming mass of unfulfilleds.

Considering how lopsided things are, I'd recommend everyone fill it out. Even just having links to it on every page will  make new buyers understand what they're getting into.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #3334 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 22:01:13 »
I've ordered 4 complete sets. 2x TKL, 2x 108. Plus other goodies, and extra sets of plates. No response from Sprit since him saying My order should be shipped out in 2 weeks back in October. I'm not sure what to do now...

Offline Eszett

« Reply #3335 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 02:00:59 »
Another thing I don’t understand is, why no admin of this board interferes with in this GB -issue. Is everything allowed here? What is the difference between a plain lie and broken promises, over and over again? I see not much difference. And I know boards where people get banned for less than a lie. And that you understand what I mean with broken promises take this as example,
Happy new year!! I am finalizing your HHKB,  plz wait a week or so!!  Thanks !!
Sprit wrote that to me on 2nd of January, yes, that was six weeks ago. I don’t want to get fooled anymore. Please administrators, interrogate sprit, whether he wants to stay silent or explain his problems. If he prefers to stay silent measures should be taken!

And, yes, it’s useful that as many fill the spreadsheet as possible for getting an overview about this issue. But my experience is, that the huge majority won’t do it. Some don’t follow this thread here, some read it sloppily and read over the call to fill, some don’t see any use to fill it, some are lazy, etc. pp. My guess is: if you call each and every person who might be involved into this GP by PM, than you’ll reach 30 % of all customers of sprit to fill the form. If not, maybe 2 %.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 February 2015, 02:32:52 by Eszett »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3336 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 05:04:47 »
I'm really sad to see that so many people didn't get their orders. I don't know what to say, I'm one of the participants who got his order even with a little extra on top, and after December I was sure things will be going smooth from now on, but I see it's not the case.
I can try to reach out to him and see what's going on, I want to see people getting their stuff or at least the money back.

A little off-topic, I learned my lesson, I only participate in GB's organized by people who proved they can deliver in a decent timeframe, waiting ages for some caps or other stuff is just crap, you get sick of it and in the end if you get the stuff you don't even need it anymore.

So if I can be of any help let me know
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #3337 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 14:46:24 »
What exactly is the point of this form?

We're (well, you. I'm not in this GB) not trying to jog Spirit's memory; we're trying to get a handle on how big the problem is, and if there're any clear common denominators ("Oh look, Spirit hates shipping to Virginia and Texas") so that if/when we actually get ahold of Spirit again, we'll have an understanding of why he's falling behind, or at least can collectively bargain instead of being a teeming mass of unfulfilleds.

Considering how lopsided things are, I'd recommend everyone fill it out. Even just having links to it on every page will  make new buyers understand what they're getting into.
Exactly, and in the end of the day we have a record of what is happening. Which is valuable in it self if any future misunderstanding arise.

Offline howthegodschill

« Reply #3338 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 20:25:42 »
I've ordered 4 complete sets. 2x TKL, 2x 108. Plus other goodies, and extra sets of plates. No response from Sprit since him saying My order should be shipped out in 2 weeks back in October. I'm not sure what to do now...
If it has been less than six months since you sent payment, then you can dispute it on PayPal and either get a response or get a refund.

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #3339 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 22:59:34 »
If it has been less than six months since you sent payment, then you can dispute it on PayPal and either get a response or get a refund.

Been well over 6 months now. I ordered right before the initial phase of round 1 closed, and added on a few more goodies ( springs, switches, etc ) after round 1 closed.

Offline jlor

« Reply #3340 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 05:20:50 »

Reporting him to PayPal for scamming and closing his account ensures he wont take money from more people. It wont give us our money back nor the product we ordered, but at this point I don't think the majority of us will get either of those anyway. We have not heard from sprit for ages, he does not reply on our emails or private messages and yet he keeps sending out invoices..

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3341 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 05:43:39 »

Reporting him to PayPal for scamming and closing his account ensures he wont take money from more people. It wont give us our money back nor the product we ordered, but at this point I don't think the majority of us will get either of those anyway. We have not heard from sprit for ages, he does not reply on our emails or private messages and yet he keeps sending out invoices..
Paypal doesn't give 2 ****s if the time limit has exceeded

Offline limitz

« Reply #3342 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 09:13:39 »
I absolutely think the situation is becoming untenable. Something needs to give at this point. If Sprit didn't want his Paypal account frozen, he probably shouldn't have started 3 GB's, take on hundreds of participants, then stop logging in for over a month and disappear. However, he does merit one final benefit of the doubt though. I think as a community, a public petition to Sprit should be made  through two avenues.

This petition would detail a deadline for when a public announcement is a needed, or people will start Paypal chargebacks, and his account will be frozen. It would be short, and non-accusatory, merely highlighting the major problems at hand: lack of/inaccurate communication, the problem with LIFO, and a shipping update. It would specify a date which he needs to have an update for the community, and the community reaction should he ignore that date. It would also feature an offer to help, he just needs to detail what he's behind on, and I'm sure there will be someone willing to step up.

This petition should be delivered in two ways:

1) Through Zeal. In this case, Zeal is merely a messenger for the greater community. He doesn't have to agree with the contents of the petition, but simply deliver the petition to him as a trusted intermediary.

2) Through the Korean forums. I don't know exactly which one, but Sprit is probably on KBDMania, KBDLabs, OTD, winkeyless, or one of the major forums. Members with access, and good-standing with each of the forums should post in each one.

This way Sprit will not have an excuse for not seeing it. It's unfair for everyone here to just assume Sprit will get all the orders filled, especially for the guys that have been in the GB for over a year, with nothing to show and no communication. It's clear that pressures are mounting and the situation is becoming more tense. One just needs to look at the increase in posting frequency to see that.

What do you all think of this idea? If a lot of people like this idea, I wouldn't mind drafting a petition for you all to edit myself. The key though, is to have a unified message rather than dozens of users individually messaging.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 February 2015, 09:19:17 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #3343 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 09:18:04 »
It's okay, guys... this is only one of three group buys I'm in that I've been holding out for since 2013.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline pasph

« Reply #3344 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 10:00:07 »
I'm ok with the petition, i just won't accept he'll make 1 post of excuses and then disappear again for months (been there, done that)
The deadline have to be for Shipping (tracking number) or refund

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #3345 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 12:36:55 »

Paypal doesn't give 2 ****s if the time limit has exceeded

Freezing his account achieves nothing. He can still take orders to a different account and people will not get refunds even if they want them and/or keyboards.

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #3346 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 03:36:33 »
At this point is it safe to say that I've lost out on $1200+?

Offline pasph

« Reply #3347 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 04:36:24 »
I'm on $860

Offline TheMoonUnderWater

« Reply #3348 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 14:05:23 »
Refund requested (PM and mail)

I also have done this. It's a real shame. Part of the reason I joined this group buy was because Sprit seemed to have a strong reputation on Geekhack. I am fortunate that all the other group buys I've participated in so far have all come good. Obviously, I'm yet to hear back on this one. (part of group 1)
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 February 2015, 13:53:29 by TheMoonUnderWater »

Offline pasph

« Reply #3349 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 16:10:33 »
I've been in many GBs since the Changdrew's scam (remember?) but now i've found myself too old to wait geological eras to get something that is become obsolete in the meanwhile and the GBs are more and more risky these days.
So no more GBs for me (except the glorious GH122 when it will be).
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 February 2015, 16:15:06 by pasph »