Author Topic: [SPRiT] R1 R2 (Shipping 92% Completed)  (Read 1783985 times)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Re: <SPRiT Model 1 2 3> = (Under Shipping)
« Reply #3350 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 01:58:45 »
I've been in many GBs since the Changdrew's scam (remember?) but now i've found myself too old to wait geological eras to get something that is become obsolete in the meanwhile and the GBs are more and more risky these days.
So no more GBs for me (except the glorious GH122 when it will be).
I'm only getting involved in GB's from people with solid track records now (Ivan, Feng, Ctrl[Alt] etc). I had a feeling this was going to turn to **** after sprit sent me my 60% with no soldering done and kept adding more and more stuff onto his plate without clearing out existing orders.

Makes me wonder if this just some big ponzi scheme. Ship out a few early orders while taking more and more money from others. **** for all we know he's ordered 100 PCB's and sold them 500 times. Wouldn't be hard to do considering the lack of transparency and selling on multiple forums with language barriers in between.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline lilky

« Reply #3351 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 15:27:48 »
So is it safe to say this has been a scam now? Sprit has showed me pictures of my alleged keyboard but has not answered after I asked when he would ship it. I'ts been over 15 months now...

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #3352 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 15:30:36 »
Just wondering.
What is the turnaround time on one of these?
null

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #3353 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 15:46:21 »
So is it safe to say this has been a scam now? Sprit has showed me pictures of my alleged keyboard but has not answered after I asked when he would ship it. I'ts been over 15 months now...

When did he show you?

Just wondering.
What is the turnaround time on one of these?

Depends on who you ask. For a select few it's weeks. For a few dozen it's months. For the vast majority it's TBD.

If you're thinking of getting into this GB, I'd recommend you sprint away.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 February 2015, 15:48:32 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #3354 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 14:33:23 »
Did a rough calculation on the form. So far from submitted responses Sprit has approximately 4000USD of undelivered stuff...

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #3355 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 18:08:31 »
Did a rough calculation on the form. So far from submitted responses Sprit has approximately 4000USD of undelivered stuff...

+ $1200+ in mine... I have too much to list.

Offline pasph

« Reply #3356 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 18:54:44 »
So we are ar $6000 (with my 800+)
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #3357 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 03:45:54 »
Plus, the estimated number of unreported invoices. How much may that be, when a handful of guys sum up to 6000 Dollars? My conclusion: scamming would pay off for a living. :eek:

« Last Edit: Thu, 19 February 2015, 04:29:35 by Eszett »

Offline bianco

« Reply #3358 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 05:33:35 »
that's 328 for me....

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #3359 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 10:12:25 »
Around $400 for me. Too lazy to fill in a form as I don't think it'll help.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #3360 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 12:36:08 »
somewhere around $180 for me

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3361 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 12:40:55 »
yeah, between all the GB's I could easily see 15k+

assuming everyone ordered a basic kit ( pcb, plate, case ) it would only take 100-150 orders to reach that, and there are far more orders than that.

Offline limitz

« Reply #3362 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 14:20:20 »
$15k? I think it's more than that even. Especially considering that some ppl have over $1000 in this buy, and multiple people have values ranging from $200-800.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3363 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:34:53 »
yeah.

My guess is that it something went wrong and ended up costing him more money than he had. A flaw in production or something, and he is unable to produce the boards without more money, and does not want to spend his own money in fixing the problem, and god knows we won't send him more.

A few thousand dollars in free ( and continually growing ) money is awfully tempting to hold onto an run as well.

I really have no hope in this GB at all. very sad to see.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3364 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:35:43 »
yeah.

My guess is that it something went wrong and ended up costing him more money than he had. A flaw in production or something, and he is unable to produce the boards without more money, and does not want to spend his own money in fixing the problem, and god knows we won't send him more.

A few thousand dollars in free ( and continually growing ) money is awfully tempting to hold onto an run as well.

Or there might be a manufacturing issue

Offline Eszett

« Reply #3365 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:34:36 »
My proposal, let's appoint a meeting in the Geekhack IRC Chat. It’s to tedious to talk via Forum Posts.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #3366 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:52:18 »
yeah.

I don't seriously think sprit is out there to scam anyone. It's painfully obvious that he's simply overwhelmed with the amount of orders and parts requiring shipment. Many outstanding orders from 2013 and early 2014 have yet to be shipped, yet he's been taking new orders since then and fulfilling them. Sprit has been transparent about the issue with some R1 PCBs needing manual soldering, but when customers have requested them to be shipped as is (myself included, sprit has been completely unresponsive or failing to meet a promised shipping date.

So, it really comes down to one question knowing all this: why is sprit been allowed to take in new orders for so long while unfulfilled orders exist from 2013? Surely, the admin team must feel like they can at least prevent this from happening which would help pressure sprit to finish the long overdue orders.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3367 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:54:23 »
yeah.

I don't seriously think sprit is out there to scam anyone. It's painfully obvious that he's simply overwhelmed with the amount of orders and parts requiring shipment. Many outstanding orders from 2013 and early 2014 have yet to be shipped, yet he's been taking new orders since then and fulfilling them. Sprit has been transparent about the issue with some R1 PCBs needing manual soldering, but when customers have requested them to be shipped as is (myself included, sprit has been completely unresponsive or failing to meet a promised shipping date.

So, it really comes down to one question knowing all this: why is sprit been allowed to take in new orders for so long while unfulfilled orders exist from 2013? Surely, the admin team must feel like they can at least prevent this from happening which would help pressure sprit to finish the long overdue orders.
Even though it says it is open, he hasn't been invoicing, even on his other buys.

Offline limitz

« Reply #3368 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:57:13 »
My proposal, let's appoint a meeting in the Geekhack IRC Chat. It’s to tedious to talk via Forum Posts.

I think thats a good idea. I'll be on, and I think I'll have a draft of the petition done by this weekend. The IRC channel will be a good place to discuss.

It's time that a firm conclusion is made in this buy regarding the status of this buy (scam or not scam), and a firm deadline set for Sprits' response.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline pasph

« Reply #3369 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:59:29 »
If he's simply overwhelmed then he will refund my money right?
How long it takes to refund?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline limitz

« Reply #3370 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:04:07 »
I think we're way beyond the point of Sprit being overwhelmed.

Even if he was overwhelmed, he can still make a response. But the fact that he hasn't even logged into this board for over a month, or respond to e-mails is a huge red flag.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3371 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:05:54 »
He was last on Jan 11.

Offline christkind

« Reply #3372 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 03:58:43 »
He was last on Jan 11.
Well yesterday was korean new year, not sure if that's an excuse to be absent for over a month...

Offline Eszett

« Reply #3373 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 05:43:31 »
What is sprits real name and adress? Why not appoint a meeting in the GH IRC Chatroom, where we all can discuss further measures? E. g. which mediator to chose, who travels to Korea trying to contact sprit. We could pay a bailout fee to this mediator, how about 10 $ everyone?
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 February 2015, 05:47:23 by Eszett »

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3374 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 07:45:49 »
What is sprits real name and adress? Why not appoint a meeting in the GH IRC Chatroom, where we all can discuss further measures? E. g. which mediator to chose, who travels to Korea trying to contact sprit. We could pay a bailout fee to this mediator, how about 10 $ everyone?

I'm not sure an in-person confrontation would have any outcome other than a poor one.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3375 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 07:49:50 »

No one is going to travel to Korea to try to handle this. We've had buys go wrong with over $100K stolen and it still never came to that.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline limitz

« Reply #3376 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 07:57:58 »

No one is going to travel to Korea to try to handle this. We've had buys go wrong with over $100K stolen and it still never came to that.

Was that how much DrugER scammed? I always thought it was much lower than that, but if it was $100K... then holy ****.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3377 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:01:11 »

Was that how much DrugER scammed? I always thought it was much lower than that, but if it was $100K... then holy ****.

That's what I've been told. Apparently it was a lot bigger than GH and there were multiple buys that he failed to deliver on.

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #3378 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 12:18:12 »
Zeal is the only known contact that has visited Sprit in Korea and talked to him on multiple occasions. He's since been silent on all of those after he's received his R2 shipment. My last conversation he mentioned his R1 stuff hasn't been shipped yet either. So at this point I'm at a loss..

EDIT: Turns out Zeal hasn't visited Sprit before, even though in our PM's he made it sound like he has actually visited Sprit before.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 February 2015, 13:10:38 by cookiesowns »

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3379 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 14:00:31 »
yeah, I know all these group buys are buyer beware, but a mod should at least move this off the group buy page where sprit and zeal are still sucking money out of people with no intent on delivering.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3380 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 14:02:14 »
yeah, I know all these group buys are buyer beware, but a mod should at least move this off the group buy page where sprit and zeal are still sucking money out of people with no intent on delivering.
Sprit isnt invoicing though, he hasn't been on GH for over a month...

Offline blighty

« Reply #3381 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 14:19:28 »
1) Conflict resolution: CAVEAT EMPTOR. Moderators will not step in to mediate buys gone bad. BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING/SELLING ON THIS FORUM! We accept no liability and will provide no services to buyers or sellers short of providing a forum for organizing group buys. We highly encourage buyers and sellers to reference their own feedback ratings (heatware, ebay, etc), and we highly encourage users to refrain from joining buys organized by anyone but senior members with a proven track record of organizing large group buys. CAVEAT EMPTOR: WE ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR LOSSES RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM POSTING IN THIS FORUM OR FOR ANY TRANSACTION RESULTING FROM A POSTING IN THIS FORUM.

I think this is why there isn't a mod stepping in to do anything about this buy. 
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline Eszett

« Reply #3382 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 15:56:49 »
And noone checked the identity of sprit before sending him money? No adress with name etc.? And this with sending him about 100,000 $? I can hardly believe that.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 February 2015, 16:01:08 by Eszett »

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #3383 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 01:09:14 »
well gg... I'll be calling PayPal tomorrow to see what happens. If he's already cashed out, more than 100% he already did, we're all SOL.

To those that got your boards, real happy for ya'll.

Offline fatchoi

Re: &lt;SPRiT Model 1 2 3&gt; = (Under Shipping)
« Reply #3384 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 02:33:10 »
well gg... I'll be calling PayPal tomorrow to see what happens. If he's already cashed out, more than 100% he already did, we're all SOL.

To those that got your boards, real happy for ya'll.

Not sure if PayPal does anything beyond this long time of waiting.

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #3385 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 16:23:34 »
And noone checked the identity of sprit before sending him money? No adress with name etc.? And this with sending him about 100,000 $? I can hardly believe that.

Of course someone knows his identity. What would you do with this information?

Offline limitz

« Reply #3386 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 17:14:55 »
In the US this would be considered mail and wire fraud. Not sure about S. Korean law.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 February 2015, 17:18:38 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3387 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 10:03:11 »
if I had to guess, he probably does not have the money in hand, most of it is probably being held by the manufacturing company, and sprit probably just miscalculated the cost of everything, and can't pay out of pocket to produce the items, and the company won't continue manufacturing without more money.

Offline Eszett

« Reply #3388 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 19:51:39 »
Of course someone knows his identity. What would you do with this information?

Well, I answered this question via PM.

Offline witbliz

« Reply #3389 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 03:35:50 »
Hi Guys - So what is the final verdict ? do we ask paypal for the refund or do we give hope that he will turn this around ?  :-X

Offline John Venture

« Reply #3390 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 04:15:12 »
We want blood and heads on a spike!

Offline _robban

« Reply #3391 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 07:00:28 »
Myself is satisfied with the return of my 300 usd and an apology

Offline pasph

« Reply #3392 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 07:25:02 »
Yes waiting for a refund

Offline archer

« Reply #3393 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 08:12:50 »
Yes waiting for a refund
If you don't mind me asking, are you waiting for a refund from paypal or from Sprit? Also, when did you place your order? I placed my order over a year ago, and would love to get a refund if it's even possible at this point.

Thanks in advance!

Offline pasph

« Reply #3394 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 08:29:19 »
From Sprit so almost hopeless...
I've paid 4 invoices, the first was on July 2013

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #3395 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 08:42:48 »

From paypal or from Sprit?
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Eszett

« Reply #3396 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 11:22:49 »
If anyone needs sprit’s personal data (name, adress) just PM me!

Offline _robban

« Reply #3397 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 14:44:42 »

Don't think that PayPal care about any refund now after more than 1/2 year after settled payment and don't think that they to give me any apology either - no I want my money back or even better my stuff that I ordered and also the apology from Sprit.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3398 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 14:56:28 »

Don't think that PayPal care about any refund now after more than 1/2 year after settled payment and don't think that they to give me any apology either - no I want my money back or even better my stuff that I ordered and also the apology from Sprit.
did you get your money back or is it just a possible scenario?
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline _robban

« Reply #3399 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 08:10:36 »

did you get your money back or is it just a possible scenario?

No money back at all. The dispute will be to old to care for by PayPal since they have a 45 day period (or?) when any claims must be done - anything older .. well to bad for you.