Author Topic: [SPRiT] R1 R2 (Shipping 92% Completed)  (Read 1783974 times)

Offline munch

• !
Re: <SPRiT Model 1 2 3> = (Under Shipping)
« Reply #3400 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 18:25:11 »
I don't think Zeal is actually getting any money from the products that haven't been delivered. he received products from SPRiT (which he did ship out to paying customers from his website. plenty of build logs can be found all over the Internet) but then SPRiT went missing and he is just as upset with it as some of you guys are, as he was paying for those to stock on his website as well.
it's NOT some sort of weird collaboration scam, but I can't really answer for SPRiT at all - I'd guess something came up and he's choosing the weak route for dealing with it (hiding until things are sorted).

tl;dr: don't give Zeal crap for this, he's not receiving any of the production money for SPRiT's buy.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3401 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 18:52:56 »
I don't think Zeal is actually getting any money from the products that haven't been delivered. he received products from SPRiT (which he did ship out to paying customers from his website. plenty of build logs can be found all over the Internet) but then SPRiT went missing and he is just as upset with it as some of you guys are, as he was paying for those to stock on his website as well.
it's NOT some sort of weird collaboration scam, but I can't really answer for SPRiT at all - I'd guess something came up and he's choosing the weak route for dealing with it (hiding until things are sorted).

tl;dr: don't give Zeal crap for this, he's not receiving any of the production money for SPRiT's buy.

To clear this up one more time:

Zeal has nothing to do with this group buy. The Simply 60 buy consisted of a batch order that he placed with sprit. Once that was fulfilled, he put the GB up on his own site. Do NOT PM/e-mail Zeal for inquiries about this GB.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3402 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 19:01:54 »
Just because Zeal decided to order some as well and sell some of the gold kits does not mean he is aware or even a part of what sprit is doing here.....

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #3403 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 19:02:54 »
Reading about these very sad comments I realized I may be of the few lucky ones that get his stuff from Sprit's GB with no issues whatsoever.  :(
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 March 2015, 19:05:19 by ideus »

Offline fatchoi

Re: &lt;SPRiT Model 1 2 3&gt; = (Under Shipping)
« Reply #3404 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 19:17:53 »

Zeal has nothing to do with this group buy. The Simply 60 buy consisted of a batch order that he placed with sprit. Once that was fulfilled, he put the GB up on his own site. Do NOT PM/e-mail Zeal for inquiries about this GB.

I'm not saying Zeal has a responsibility but I'd appreciate he could contact Sprit to bring up the situation, as he appears to be the only contact now.

Or if he doesn't want to do us a small favor, we have to do something more. As there is other member having his contact, how about we mail or even call him?

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #3405 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 19:38:37 »
I'm not saying Zeal has a responsibility but I'd appreciate he could contact Sprit to bring up the situation, as he appears to be the only contact now.

Or if he doesn't want to do us a small favor, we have to do something more. As there is other member having his contact, how about we mail or even call him?

trust me, he has tried. and he's not the only one. no one knows what SPRiT is doing right now and it's frustrating to everyone.

he's also a paying customer, he is not receiving any money from this Group Buy.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 March 2015, 19:43:50 by munch »

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3406 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 19:40:33 »
Zeal has to contact Sprit the same way you guys do.. Trust me, he has tried.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #3407 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 19:58:31 »
If it makes you all feel better, I hit up Zeal just the other day, and tried to get more Sprit springs; he wasn't able to get any, and hasn't been able to get in touch with Sprit.

In other words, Zeal is just Sprit's biggest CUSTOMER, and is in the same boat as the rest of you.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #3408 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 21:22:01 »
That kinda take away my last hope. Thanks for sharing the news.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #3409 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 21:29:22 »
didn't read this thread before - hope Zeal isn't mad at me for asking about restocks in PMs :( i ordered an extra batch of brown Gaterons and will harvest the springs from there. anyone else needing 62g springs should look into doing the same

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #3410 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 01:43:40 »

Just going to be the broken record here. Zeal has bought from Sprit but currently is NOT IN CONTACT WITH HIM. I want more springs like the rest of you.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #3411 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 01:51:16 »
Give me more springs.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline tbc

« Reply #3412 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 02:06:55 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 March 2015, 02:09:23 by tbc »
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline John Venture

« Reply #3413 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 05:21:22 »
Guys this is a bit of a longshot but I'd like to gauge interest, would you be willing to partake in a kickstarter to fund a flight to Seoul in order to meet with Sprit in person and shed some light on the situation and see how we can come up with a solution about this mess?

As it happen I am involved in another order from Seoul as well regarding a leather jacket. A lot of people have been waiting for their jackets for over 18 months with little or no communication from the guy - a situation very similar to what we are experiencing here. Maybe by combining the resources of both communities I could gather the 1k$ necessary to meet both persons. What do you think?

Here's a link to the thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/217855/the-new-official-toj-thread-updates-complaints-etc
It has a spreadsheet too: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MRajBxbJDZa1RPNwtqhDHhkxLBkQAnakmRRRH74cKNM/edit#gid=0
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 March 2015, 05:26:39 by John Venture »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #3414 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 05:34:31 »
Guys this is a bit of a longshot but I'd like to gauge interest, would you be willing to partake in a kickstarter to fund a flight to Seoul in order to meet with Sprit in person and shed some light on the situation and see how we can come up with a solution about this mess?

As it happen I am involved in another order from Seoul as well regarding a leather jacket. A lot of people have been waiting for their jackets for over 18 months with little or no communication from the guy - a situation very similar to what we are experiencing here. Maybe by combining the resources of both communities I could gather the 1k$ necessary to meet both persons. What do you think?

Here's a link to the thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/217855/the-new-official-toj-thread-updates-complaints-etc
It has a spreadsheet too: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MRajBxbJDZa1RPNwtqhDHhkxLBkQAnakmRRRH74cKNM/edit#gid=0

Doubt that would happen man. What happens when you get there? Having an address doesn't mean you'll be able to meet with him.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline John Venture

« Reply #3415 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 07:28:21 »
Well obviously there is no guarantee this would work, but what alternatives are there?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3416 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 07:41:59 »
Well obviously there is no guarantee this would work, but what alternatives are there?

Deal with it?
I mean, seriously how butt hurt are you over this ****?
You guys are just frantically trying to find some way to get your stuff without even stopping to think rationally.
If sprit doesn't show up then you won't get ****. End of story.
All you can do is hope that he does show up.
Also, before you tell me that I probably didn't have any involvement in this buy, I will say that **** currently has yet to give me $400 worth of items I have purchased.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #3417 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 19:47:45 »

Deal with it?
You guys are just frantically trying to find some way to get your stuff without even stopping to think rationally.
Also, before you tell me that I probably didn't have any involvement in this buy, I will say that **** currently has yet to give me $400 worth of items I have purchased.

I guess it's my own fault for dropping $1100+ on a group buy the first time around. Frankly, I'm disappointed. Nothing I can do I guess than to learn from this. I'm more pissed off about the cases & switches than the PCB's tbh. Didn't need 4 different boards either.. my fault.

Most likely should have just disputed when days kept dragging on.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3418 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 19:55:57 »

Deal with it?

I guess it's my own fault for dropping $1100+ on a group buy the first time around. Frankly, I'm disappointed. Nothing I can do I guess than to learn from this. I'm more pissed off about the cases & switches than the PCB's tbh. Didn't need 4 different boards either.. my fault.

Disputing probably wouldn't have been within reason either.
Most group buys run far past the limit for when one can open a dispute, at least for what the limit was before.
You couldn't have possibly known a group buy would go this route 45 days in.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #3419 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 21:19:33 »

Deal with it?

At least you have his address and phone number, which can then be used to find out something more.

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #3420 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 23:51:57 »
I think talking about it here is useless.

This issue needs to be brought to the Korean boards for more resolution, or if they have more information about Sprit. Another thing to inquire about is if he ran the same GB over there, and if he did, then what that GB current status is. . Only there can people give advice about how to contact the relevant Korean authorities. For example. If someone scammed me in the US and I had their name, number, and address. I would contact their local sheriff's department for more information on how to best follow up.

So now let's get a list of who has access to what board. The major Korean boards are OTD, KBDMania, KBDLabs, and Winkeyless. I'll start, I have access to KBDLabs.

If you have an account on any of these boards, or if you are fluent in Korean please let everyone know. That way we can at least make a forum post, in Korean, inquiring about the whereabouts of Sprit, and ask if any members there have more information regarding him.

« Last Edit: Thu, 05 March 2015, 00:01:48 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3421 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 23:56:57 »
how many scambuys are we at now?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #3422 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 00:15:38 »
After chatting a bit with the members at KBDLabs.

It seems that Sprit has been blackballed by most of the Korean keyboard communities, and that KBDLab members already recognize him as a scammer. They also provided links to both Korean police cybercrime division, and the Cyber bureau:

http://www.netan.go.kr/eng/index.do

http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr/eng/index.do
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline yuiop

« Reply #3423 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 00:20:54 »
I don't think I've ever seen Sprit on kbdlab.   As far as I know he was never a member there, unless he's posing under different name etc.

He stopped posting on kbdmania around late 2013~early 2014.  Someone told me he got banned from there after being accused of scamming someone.  I'm not 100% sure if that's true or not.  I couldn't find any admin post stating his ban.  But he hasn't been active for more than a year.

Offline twiddle

• Portfolio
« Reply #3424 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 01:48:21 »
So we are thinking he fulfilled enough orders to appear legitimate, while pocketing the money from the ones unfulfilled?

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3425 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 06:44:32 »
What an unfortunate turn of events. 

I guess it's time to strike a better balance of enthusiasm and skepticism when I join another GB. 

Writing this up as a loss. 

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #3426 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 13:05:53 »
Guys. I’m sick of reading things like “we have to deal with it”. We don’t have to deal with it. We are just incompetent to organize ourselves as group, enganging  a private inspector, or file a lawsuit, or taking measures. It is your own incompetence, including my incompetence. Organization needs a leader. We don’t have one. Organization needs willpower and diligence. We are lazy. But with the right amount of effort you can track everyone down.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 March 2015, 13:14:55 by Eszett »

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3427 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 13:51:08 »
Guys. I’m sick of reading things like “we have to deal with it”. We don’t have to deal with it. We are just incompetent to organize ourselves as group, enganging  a private inspector, or file a lawsuit, or taking measures. It is your own incompetence, including my incompetence. Organization needs a leader. We don’t have one. Organization needs willpower and diligence. We are lazy. But with the right amount of effort you can track everyone down.
You really are going to fund a flight to South Korea, find out where he lives, and call and use a private investigator?

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #3428 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 14:13:28 »
No. Reasonable would be to find a scammed Person who is Korean, who as an interest for himself to investigate. And we as group support him. And yes, I would pay him for information.

Offline TheMoonUnderWater

« Reply #3429 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 14:44:56 »
Am I right in thinking that Sprit designed the PCB? (As well as the cases and plates.)

Offline twiddle

• Portfolio
« Reply #3430 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 14:59:27 »
I believe "Beast_Mask" was credited with the design. Thinking of that, if he has had dealings with Sprit maybe he is a good one to contact...

Offline pasph

« Reply #3431 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 15:00:43 »
He claimed to be a friend of Beastmask
http://blog.winkeyless.kr/ and http://winkeyless.kr/en/
who designed the pcbs.

Lies? Ask hojin.yi?
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=67600.msg1590071#msg1590071
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3432 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 15:45:25 »
Maybe have 1 person message him, and deal with the information given, and please don't harass him if you do message him...

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #3433 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 21:25:09 »
 :(

Wishful thinking in me says that there would at least be some sort of resolution in this, the other side of me just wants to forget about my order. Even if I just got one full set and my damn switches, I would be entirely happy. I made alot of purchases based upon this group buy, now I'm out...

Anyone know where I can find similar 110% and 87% PCB's + cases?

Offline pasph

« Reply #3434 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 03:20:46 »
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline hojin.yi

• Winkeyless
« Reply #3435 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 11:31:53 »
Hi All.
I'm a manager of Winkeyless.kr which is launched by me and "Hyodong(nicked Beastmask)".
As you know, lots of PCB circulated here in GH were designed by Beastmask.(faceW, a-series, b-series etc)
So he personally knows Sprit who wanted to buy the PCB in a bulk  and we ordered Sprit's gold springs a few years ago. Current contacts doesn't work. Recently his trace cannot be found in Korean KB communities.
But we know you all are much damaged and angry. In addition to that , I'm worried that Korean Custom Mechanical Keyboard engineers lose the reputation and faith.
If I get any helpful info, I'll let you know.
Hojin.Yi

Offline hojin.yi

• Winkeyless
« Reply #3436 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 11:46:04 »
Maybe have 1 person message him, and deal with the information given, and please don't harass him if you do message him...
If "him" means me,
Anybody and any question is OK. I prefer email(flashteker@gmail.com)

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3437 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 11:50:03 »
If "him" means me,
Anybody and any question is OK. I prefer email(flashteker@gmail.com)
Yep! And the boards are very nice!

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #3438 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:50:40 »
Thank you hojin.yi for offering your assistance in this matter. I hope Sprit is OK and that things get resolved quickly.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #3439 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 13:01:44 »
I've pretty much written off this group buy.

I forget the other group buy, but this seems to be similar -- where one person starts a GB, something goes wrong, gets overwhelmed, stops responding, disappears from previously visited forums, and people who bought into the GB are out of thousands, tens of thousands of dollars.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #3440 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 00:00:10 »
Thanks hojin.yi for helping. I've just left an email to you.

Offline xandr

« Reply #3441 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 02:33:01 »
I've pretty much written off this group buy.

I forget the other group buy, but this seems to be similar -- where one person starts a GB, something goes wrong, gets overwhelmed, stops responding, disappears from previously visited forums, and people who bought into the GB are out of thousands, tens of thousands of dollars.

Yeah, it smells a lot like Ali's 60% alu case group buy. Good intentions at the start and then becoming overwhelmed and just hiding instead of trying to get it sorted.
Sprit 60% w/MX Clear in DuckMini V2 case | Matias Quiet Pro (office)

Offline pasph

« Reply #3442 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 03:30:26 »
The most important infomation we need is: where are our money? Has he paid for all those 110% TKL and mxmini pcbs we've ordered a year ago?

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3443 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 09:21:25 »
moneys gone. Sucks to suck, but I figure one of 3 things happened.
1. Something physically  happened to him,
2. he got too big for his britches and production cost more than he thought and he can't get it going.
3. he saw all the money people were willingly throwing at him, and cashed out.

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
« Reply #3444 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 21:35:31 »
2. he got too big for his britches and production cost more than he thought and he can't get it going.

Should that be a GB requirement? Proof of quote from supplier?

Offline tbc

« Reply #3445 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 21:39:50 »

companies don't give out details about other customers' transactions.

as far as the company is concerned, the gbo is the only customer and everyone is the gb is just a nobody.  this is completely the right course of action, otherwise, we'd have random scammers calling the companies and refunding all the money back to themselves.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3446 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 21:47:07 »

as far as the company is concerned, the gbo is the only customer and everyone is the gb is just a nobody.  this is completely the right course of action, otherwise, we'd have random scammers calling the companies and refunding all the money back to themselves.

pretty sure he means that OP posts proof of quote

Offline tbc

« Reply #3447 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 21:49:54 »

pretty sure he means that OP posts proof of quote

sure...but how do we make sure it's legit?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3448 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 21:56:29 »
good question

DTA!

dont trust anybody!

Offline tbc

« Reply #3449 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 21:58:22 »
good question

DTA!

dont trust anybody!

exactly!

if we trusted them.  we wouldn't even bother asking them for proof!