Author Topic: [SPRiT] R1 R2 (Shipping 92% Completed)  (Read 1783980 times)

Offline MrChunky

Re: <SPRiT Model 1 2 3> = (Under Shipping)
« Reply #3500 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 07:24:10 »
After the DrugER/JACKASS scam this story isn't the best overseas advertizing for koreans.
And this is really a pity
Yeah sprit actually did a similar trick on the korean community right before he started the group buy here  :rolleyes:

You mean starting a group buy and leading people on, and then disappearing?
yup

Hilarious... How does no one here raise concerns during the buy? Surely there is is enough crossover between communities. Well I am semi new to this and learning slowly that you should be very ****ing careful with putting money into people running things for the first time or without rock ****ing solid reputation.

It is such a convoluted scam. I just don't understand why he ships some things and then ****s other people over. Then ships massive orders to Zeal etc. The dedication to keep this going for year knowing you gonna **** all these people over is impressive, and disgusting.

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
« Reply #3501 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 08:51:19 »
In some ways it's similar to a money changing scam I experienced.

The money changer would advertise high exchange rates (offering more than online exchange rates). He makes a couple of legitimate exchanges to attract customers. On subsequent customers (who've probably heard of these impossible rates), he would use a sleight of hand trick to give you the illusion that you've received the amount he counted. If you're observant, you'll be able to watch him sweep money under the desk as he hands the stack of notes to you. It's quite a decent magic show haha.

Offline Defect

• I collect keyboards and keyboard accessories
« Reply #3502 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 09:25:08 »
In some ways it's similar to a money changing scam I experienced.

The money changer would advertise high exchange rates (offering more than online exchange rates). He makes a couple of legitimate exchanges to attract customers. On subsequent customers (who've probably heard of these impossible rates), he would use a sleight of hand trick to give you the illusion that you've received the amount he counted. If you're observant, you'll be able to watch him sweep money under the desk as he hands the stack of notes to you. It's quite a decent magic show haha.

There is nothing magical about this.

Not pictured: KeyCool 84 [MX Red] | Focus 2001 [Complicated White Alps]
Endgame Board | Defect's Watermelon Board Build Doc

Offline metafour

« Reply #3503 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 09:26:23 »
After the DrugER/JACKASS scam this story isn't the best overseas advertizing for koreans.
And this is really a pity
Yeah sprit actually did a similar trick on the korean community right before he started the group buy here  :rolleyes:

You mean starting a group buy and leading people on, and then disappearing?
yup

Hilarious... How does no one here raise concerns during the buy? Surely there is is enough crossover between communities. Well I am semi new to this and learning slowly that you should be very ****ing careful with putting money into people running things for the first time or without rock ****ing solid reputation.

It is such a convoluted scam. I just don't understand why he ships some things and then ****s other people over. Then ships massive orders to Zeal etc. The dedication to keep this going for year knowing you gonna **** all these people over is impressive, and disgusting.

Money moves people in mysterious ways.

Offline gimpster

« Reply #3504 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 15:53:25 »
Just doing my quarterly check-in on the group buys that I'm waiting on. I was initially glad to see Sprit shipping some stuff and having regular communication, back in Dec. Then (no surprise) he disappears for over 2 months and expects us to believe that the flu or pneumonia or whatthe****ever prevents him from turning on a computer and typing out an update once/week. I'm a R1 75% keyboard purchaser. Today marks exactly 15 months since you took my money. YOU, SPRIT, ARE THE PRIMARY REASON THAT I DON'T COME TO THESE FORUMS ANYMORE. I just can't come here without the constant reminder of being ****ed out of my money. Thanks for nothing you worthless ****bag. You took my money and everyone else's when you didn't have the MOQ for the order, you stopped answering my PMs, and continually disappear with no explanation. Just give me my money back and I'll go find a keyboard somewhere else.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 March 2015, 15:58:34 by gimpster »
-Ryan

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #3505 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 16:15:41 »
헬로우 가이즈로 끝날문제가 아닌거 같습니다.
Hello gayijeu end up with a problem like this idea.
연락한지 1~2년이 된 저에게도 스피릿님의 연락처를 물어보고 어떤분인가 궁금하다고 알려달라는 메일과 쪽지가 올정도니까요.
Contact after 1-2 years to ask anyone that has been the Spirit's contacts and mail a note asking us questions that I can almost come any minute applied.
이번 일로 인해 다른 한국유저들의 신뢰가 많이 떨어졌다고 생각되어집니다.
Because this day will be a lot of confidence and I dropped another Korea-user.
알아서 잘하시겠지만, 이런 일을 겪으신 만큼 공동구매가 무사무탈하게 마무리 되셨으면 하네요.
Hasigetjiman well taken care of, joint purchase doesyeoteumyeon'm all right as long as God went through mutal finish this.
아직 날이 차네요 봄이라기엔 정말 춥습니다.
Yet this spring day than chaneyo yen was really cold.
몸관리 유의하시고 항상 하시는 일 건승하시기 바랍니다.
Please note that prices geonseung always be taken care of you.
그럼 이만.
Well, good luck.

Can anyone make any sense of this? hahaha

That is typical google translate!

Offline DWawa

« Reply #3506 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 01:58:56 »
헬로우 가이즈로 끝날문제가 아닌거 같습니다.
Contact after 1-2 years to ask anyone that has been the Spirit's contacts and mail a note asking us questions that I can almost come any minute applied.
Hasigetjiman well taken care of, joint purchase doesyeoteumyeon'm all right as long as God went through mutal finish this.
아직 날이 차네요 봄이라기엔 정말 춥습니다.
그럼 이만.
Well, good luck.

Here is another rendering (from OneHourTranslation.com), not that it makes any difference:

I don't think that the HelloGuide issue has been settled.
It has been 1-2 years since the last contact, and many people have sent emails and messages asking for "Spirit's" contact information and who exactly "Spirit" is. I think that the trust of many Korean users has been lost due to this event. You may end up taking care of it, but it is my hope that our joint sales won't suffer to the extent we are worried, and that this will clear up. The days are still cold even though it is just about spring. Take care of yourself in all that you do.
That's all for now. Well, good luck.

Offline tbc

« Reply #3507 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 02:39:22 »
헬로우 가이즈로 끝날문제가 아닌거 같습니다.
아직 날이 차네요 봄이라기엔 정말 춥습니다.
그럼 이만.
Well, good luck.

Here is another rendering (from OneHourTranslation.com), not that it makes any difference:

I don't think that the HelloGuide issue has been settled.
It has been 1-2 years since the last contact, and many people have sent emails and messages asking for "Spirit's" contact information and who exactly "Spirit" is. I think that the trust of many Korean users has been lost due to this event. You may end up taking care of it, but it is my hope that our joint sales won't suffer to the extent we are worried, and that this will clear up. The days are still cold even though it is just about spring. Take care of yourself in all that you do.
That's all for now. Well, good luck.

that makes a HELL of a lot more sense than that first one lol.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline John Venture

« Reply #3508 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 08:48:47 »
It does indeed and my worrying level just increased from "slightly relieved" to "severely notched up".

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
Re: <SPRiT Model 1 2 3> = R1,R2 (Shipping)
« Reply #3509 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 10:10:44 »
TO Ship Tomorrow   :  Address Reconfirmed
   -   rymnd,  bazh,  wackjobz,  TLExile,  dsitel,  John Venture, etc.

Emailing to confirm Address.....     Terribly sorry for the Delay.  :'(   :'(
   -   asidjazz,  TH_,  mashby,  swill,  etc ....      Soon for  JPG,  lilky,  Frostytoast,  Permiability,  pasph, Signature .... etc.

(Attachment Link)

This seems to be the last time he made any shipment. I wonder if these people have received their orders?

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #3510 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 10:31:01 »

-   asidjazz,  TH_,  mashby,  swill,  etc ....      Soon for  JPG,  lilky,  Frostytoast,  Permiability,  pasph, Signature .... etc.

(Attachment Link)

This seems to be the last time he made any shipment. I wonder if these people have received their orders?

I got nothing for sure...
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Defect

« Reply #3511 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 10:39:23 »

(Attachment Link)

So...

Shipped Today
blackvan ,  Unanchored,  Lubed Up Slug,  abtrout,  ckywylee,   Sitch

Going to ship Tomorrow  &   Going to Email to the other Guys
rymnd,  cjhard,  Defect,  TLExile,  TH_,  SlithyDash,   etc

(Attachment Link)

Thanks sprit.  Appreciate the update.

This never happened.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3512 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 13:45:57 »

(Attachment Link)

Can confirm!
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #3513 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 16:48:33 »
I briefly got excited after seeing the "to Ship tomorrow" post. The thought that Sprit proved my judgement wrong was actually relieving.

Then I realized that it was a quote dated from mid-December. Soon after I realized that half the people he was "shipping out the next day" for, still hasn't received anything.

This GB is so depressing, and the people still defending Sprit should be ashamed of themselves.

He hasn't logged back on GH after his post a few days ago. It seems like the timestamp on his post, and when he was last seen was 40 minutes. That means he browsed around, clicked a little bit, ignored all of his PM's, then disappeared again.

I think I can speak for all the rational folks at this point and say "**** Sprit". I'm sure you guys can read between the asterisks. I sincerely hope he will prove me wrong on this point, but I just don't think it will happen.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 March 2015, 16:51:20 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline John Venture

« Reply #3514 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 20:43:40 »
Nah part of me still thinks he'll honor the deed. Must take some manning up to post here for him given how insulting some people are - not that I am arguing about the legitimacy or lack thereof. Just consider this: if you were to scam dozens of people online would you show up on the thread 3 months after disappearing? What would be the point? He isn't selling any more.

Offline limitz

« Reply #3515 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 23:19:44 »
>Nah part of me still thinks he'll honor the deed.

Yes. He's clearly honoring the deed when he has repeated lied, made promises, and lied again.

Read the above shipping notice. He told dozens of people he would ship "tomorrow", in December, then never did. He told other people he needed to confirm their shipping address, took more money from them (for shipping of course), then disappeared. Him coming back to make one post means absolutely nothing. He left for 3 months. Made a one single post. Responded to no messages. And hasn't been seen again.

> Must take some manning up to post here for him given how insulting some people are - not that I am arguing about the legitimacy or lack thereof.

This sentence is disgusting, and is pure victim blaming. Are you seriously blaming us for "insulting" him, when this GB has degenerated to a point where people gave him money 15 months ago, and can't even get a response out of him? Not to mention that Sprit has lied again and again to the participants of the GB. Nothing he says at this point is trustworthy, when he has demonstrated repeatedly that his promises means absolutely nothing.

>Just consider this: if you were to scam dozens of people online would you show up on the thread 3 months after disappearing

Dozens? Try hundreds. And yes, if I was in his position I would post, because apparently people like you are buying it hook, line and sinker. It just extends the time before people take drastic action and this GB blows up entirely.

« Last Edit: Wed, 18 March 2015, 23:36:23 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline tbc

« Reply #3516 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 23:34:46 »
this is just like gh60 lol

Offline limitz

« Reply #3517 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 23:37:40 »

Except GH60 is actually happening, the person that has taken over is reliable, and the stab wires just shipped.

The issue isn't just the timespan, it's how the GB organizers are handling the situation. Sprit just makes empty promises, lies, doesn't respond to anyone, and disappears for months at a time.

Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline tbc

« Reply #3518 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 23:40:36 »

Except GH60 is actually happening, the person that has taken over is reliable, and the stab wires just shipped.

i'm just saying, gh60 was dead for months with no replies from tj.

it actually wasn't until apocalypsemoaw stepped in (i think i got the right person) and that encouraged other members to help out and then tj finally starting replying to requests for timelines.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3519 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 23:42:27 »
Are you ready for the group buy experience?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #3520 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 05:51:05 »
Hello Guys!
I will update the list of recent shipping on this weekend.
Apology for the all troubles!  All are my fault.  :(

Offline pasph

« Reply #3521 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 06:01:07 »
Hello Guys!

It seems that you haven't done ANY RECENT SHIPPINGS.
Please define RECENT.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline fatchoi

Re: &lt;SPRiT Model 1 2 3&gt; = (Under Shipping)
« Reply #3522 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 06:16:34 »
Hello Guys!

Please ship my stuff really. The long wait has been upsetting a lot of people. Please be transparent and disclose any difficulty.

Thanks.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #3523 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 06:24:39 »
Hello Guys!

Please ship my stuff really. The long wait has been upsetting a lot of people. Please be transparent and disclose any difficulty.

Thanks.
Hello!  how are you?  So Sorry for the long delay.
I feel so bad for my self.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #3524 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 07:58:24 »
Hello Guys!

Thanks.
Hello!  how are you?  So Sorry for the long delay.
I feel so bad for my self.

Hi Sprit, things are okay here in Hong Kong, things going the usual way they are.
Could you please either respond to my PM or email?

Thanks much and let's look forward and finish the GB.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3525 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 08:39:44 »
Sprit has been having health issues. I see he has shown up in here, but don't burry him with PM s and emails if you want him to get through the actual shipping.

When your package is packed up and ready he will probably contact you (he did that for me).

Offline JPG

« Reply #3526 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 09:08:47 »
Sprit has been having health issues. I see he has shown up in here, but don't burry him with PM s and emails if you want him to get through the actual shipping.

When your package is packed up and ready he will probably contact you (he did that for me).

I understand what you say Swill, but the fear that most of us have is that Sprit could once again ship some stuff to 1-2 people so that we stop worrying and putting pressure on him and the disappear for 5-6 months again. It's been more than a year many of us ordered and got nothing yet. And up to now, there's still a high risk of getting nothing at all. While it is possible that Sprit was ill, we have no proof. And many group buys have ended up being scam so we all have legitimate fears.

All we ask is that he put up a list of shipping and actually start shipping it at a reasonable rate. If he ships 5 orders a week for 2 months, people will be happy even if it takes 2 month to get their stuff sent because at least they will know he is sending the stuff and that it's just taking some time because he needs to send a LOT of stuff. That's normal. But if he send stuff to 2 persons and then that's it for 6 months, we will believe that he will never send all the stuff we ordered and that's bad.

I myself have invested around 100$ in this and I am pissed to some extent that I received nothing yet. But many people ordered for MUCH more than me and are in the same situation I am and if I was down 1k$ I would be utterly pissed. Yet if he ends up delivering the stuff and keep putting some minimal updates all will get ok in time.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3527 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 09:56:51 »
I understand what you say Swill, but the fear that most of us have is that Sprit could once again ship some stuff to 1-2 people so that we stop worrying and putting pressure on him and the disappear for 5-6 months again. It's been more than a year many of us ordered and got nothing yet. And up to now, there's still a high risk of getting nothing at all. While it is possible that Sprit was ill, we have no proof. And many group buys have ended up being scam so we all have legitimate fears.

I don't know why you feel that there is a "high risk of not getting anything at all".  I understand that things have not been moving as quickly as everyone would like (sprit included), but things HAVE been getting shipped.  Yes, only in small bursts and not as frequently as everyone would like, but its not like the product isn't being made and he is just scamming.  He is actually producing stuff and people are getting them.  If this was just a scam he would not actually have gotten keyboards made and shipped them. 

This is the first GB Sprit has ever run.  Even when he had more free time and everything was moving along pretty well last year, he was already overwhelmed.  I skyped with him a couple times then and it was clear to me that it was difficult for him to know how to keep the threads updated and the community informed in a way that everyone would be happy.  English is not his first language and trying to give you all quality updates is not as easy as we are making it out to be. 

Last year he changed jobs and it seems that the new job has required him to travel more.  I don't know about you guys, but when I have to travel for work, when I get home, my wife and family get priority over hobbies.  Yes, I don't have other people's money on the line, but my point is that the amount of time he had to work on this was greatly reduced.  Yes, we all saw a sharp decrease of activity from him and he updated less in this period.  He has recently been sick to add to it all, so I think we need to be a little more forgiving for his lack of communication.

I have suggested that he basically ignore all of his PMs, try to keep the thread updated with what is going on and only focus on getting orders together.  In my opinion, the PMs are just slowing things down.  The time he has to put into those is free time he wasn't able to use towards getting stuff done.  We will see if this suggestion helps...

All we ask is that he put up a list of shipping and actually start shipping it at a reasonable rate. If he ships 5 orders a week for 2 months, people will be happy even if it takes 2 month to get their stuff sent because at least they will know he is sending the stuff and that it's just taking some time because he needs to send a LOT of stuff. That's normal. But if he send stuff to 2 persons and then that's it for 6 months, we will believe that he will never send all the stuff we ordered and that's bad.

If we can simplify his life and just have him post little status updates in the thread as progress is made, I think that should be good enough.  I think we, as the community and his customers, should be trying to help reduce the busy work he has to do and see if we can focus on a simpler on-the-fly update system for him so he can do small bits of work and give an update and not have to worry about maintaining a public representation of everything he does. 

I myself have invested around 100$ in this and I am pissed to some extent that I received nothing yet. But many people ordered for MUCH more than me and are in the same situation I am and if I was down 1k$ I would be utterly pissed. Yet if he ends up delivering the stuff and keep putting some minimal updates all will get ok in time.

Yes, GBs are tricky.  We invest lots of time and money into these things and everyone enters with the best intentions and then life happens.  In the end it is one person trying to share his passion for keyboards and he probably bit off a little more than he was ready for in his first GB.  I am confident that he will deliver, hopefully in 2015.  :) 
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2015, 10:00:10 by swill »

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3528 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 10:01:39 »
^ Reasonable Guy Swill

Offline pasph

« Reply #3529 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 10:27:52 »
He has told lies to us and to koreans.
Stop defend him.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3530 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 10:28:27 »
Hello Guys!
Looking forward to it! Thank you Sprit.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3531 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 10:29:45 »
Stop defend him.

Show me... 

Offline JPG

« Reply #3532 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 10:32:52 »
Stop defend him.

Show me...

Look at all the "shipping tomorrow or this week posts". Add PM's to that list. Yup, when you are told 3 times over a year your stuff will be sent during the next week and still receive nothing, you get suspicious and you loose faith at some point.

Offline pasph

« Reply #3533 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 10:32:57 »
Do you want a complete list of all the promises he made fr 2013 until now?

Offline pasph

« Reply #3534 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 10:36:55 »
And if he'll ship something i bet we have to thank the korean community not GH

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3535 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 10:51:18 »
Stop defend him.

Show me...

Look at all the "shipping tomorrow or this week posts". Add PM's to that list. Yup, when you are told 3 times over a year your stuff will be sent during the next week and still receive nothing, you get suspicious and you loose faith at some point.
I understand. I got both my round one orders. Yes, he said he was going to get them in the mail and it took another month or so for them to get shipped.  But I got them.  I think everything just takes longer than he expects. He tries to keep everyone happy by telling them what they want to hear, but then it takes longer and people don't understand.

It will all work out.  I have been back and forth with sprit a bit today regarding this. He is going to try to give weekly updates. Even if they are one line updates to say "I didn't have time to work on this this week".

Small steps to climb the mountain.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3536 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 10:52:52 »
Do you want a complete list of all the promises he made fr 2013 until now?
Those aren't lies, those are miscalculations and mistakes. Lies implies he is intentionally trying to mislead people. I don't think that is the case at all.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3537 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:35:30 »
a lie is a lie, intentional or not.

Its stall tactic after stall tactic with zero information on the status of production, shipments or orders.

if you want to continue covering the guy, at least don't try to play like he has been truthful.

« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:43:13 by Jixr »

Offline JPG

« Reply #3538 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 14:42:07 »
Stop defend him.

Show me...

I understand. I got both my round one orders. Yes, he said he was going to get them in the mail and it took another month or so for them to get shipped.  But I got them.  I think everything just takes longer than he expects. He tries to keep everyone happy by telling them what they want to hear, but then it takes longer and people don't understand.

It will all work out.  I have been back and forth with sprit a bit today regarding this. He is going to try to give weekly updates. Even if they are one line updates to say "I didn't have time to work on this this week".

The thing I fear is that you might be on the "lucky" side if he ends up failing, or you might be true and he will end up sending the stuff to everyone.

Offline lol

« Reply #3539 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 16:07:30 »
I think people these days often forget intent, effort, and apologies do not excuse wrongdoing. I'm confused when people call a piece of work a masterpiece automatically just because someone tried their best. Something poorly done is something poorly done - I don't think anyone believes this groupbuy was necessarily good by any means but defending it is just silly. No one here is saying we are 100% sure this was a scam either. It is, however, true Sprit has wronged us by continuing to mislead and more importantly avoid problems at hand. Instead he just apologizes or gives poor excuses that do not completely add up. When you do a wrong I believe you should fess up and come completely clean. I really do not believe anyone here considering how patient we've already been would blame Sprit if he needed a break or help if he was just completely honest and transparent with us.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #3540 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 16:38:30 »
It's up to Sprit to get things back on track, or ask for help to get the group buy completed. Plenty of folks have offered to help, including myself, so if he needs a hand I hope he takes what has been offered already.

Going back and forth defining the problem in different ways isn't going to change anything. Time will tell who's opinion is right and who's is wrong. Noise and opinions are never lacking here, but patience is always at a premium.

Unfortunately, what's needed most right now is more patience.

Offline Defect

« Reply #3541 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 18:46:59 »
I really don't want to stir up trouble--at this point all I can do is leave sprit alone and hope he ships my order.  If he doesn't have my stuff, spam messaging him isn't going to help make it appear.

But now you guys are talking about right vs wrong.  sprit is definitely in the wrong.  He has promised shipping dates with multiple revisions.  Right now he is basically sitting on an interest free loan from many users.  My loan to him is small, $300 and under.  But some here are claiming over $1k spent on this drop, and collectively we have spent a strong amount.

I have averaged 20% return on investment over the past 3 years.  sprit has my cash, and now I can't invest that generate a return.  We entered a sales agreement with a promised shipping date, and that has been pushed many many times.  This is a breach of contract.

I would be fine if he had said "this will ship in Dec 2015 or Jan 2016" and stuck to it.  It's this endless darkness with no light to run to that's bothering me.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3542 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 19:03:16 »
We entered a sales agreement with a promised shipping date, and that has been pushed many many times.  This is a breach of contract.

Uhm? no you didn't. There is no 'contract' no legal binding agreement, or promise of anything. Group buys are basically giving money to strangers hoping they will provide you with what they are claiming they can provide.

I'm all against sprit, but you are owed nothing.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #3543 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 19:49:02 »
Stop defend him.

Show me...

This is because you have received your stuff that you have no cost of defending him. If you didn't receive anything, will you still say the same?

There are unfortunately a lot of users on the same boat with me waiting for shipment. It's really frustrating to wait for more than a year, simply unreasonable, whatever the excuse.

I do hope Sprit would clear it up, just disclose the problem he's facing. If it's just purely shipping takes time, then things should have simply been moving, even slowly.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #3544 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 19:52:09 »
We entered a sales agreement with a promised shipping date, and that has been pushed many many times.  This is a breach of contract.

Uhm? no you didn't. There is no 'contract' no legal binding agreement, or promise of anything. Group buys are basically giving money to strangers hoping they will provide you with what they are claiming they can provide.

I must say I disagree with you. We paid for our stuff and it's Sprit's obligation to fulfill. Just that he's in Korea while we in other countries that makes it difficult for us to ensure this happens.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3545 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 19:54:55 »

I must say I disagree with you. We paid for our stuff and it's Sprit's obligation to fulfill. Just that he's in Korea while we in other countries that makes it difficult for us to ensure this happens.
Group buys always carry the risk of failure.

You aren't buying from a store.

Offline tbc

« Reply #3546 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 20:10:38 »

sorta depends on which court you're suing him in.

in asia, maybe not.  in usa, i would imagine it's similiar to canadian laws and verbal agreements are binding once there has been an exchange of money.  can you sue someone from another country?  i believe you can as long as it qualifies under the extradition laws and there is no 'free pass clause' that can be used and if you can actually get them into the country.

since this is on an internet forum, everything is written which makes everything even more convincing to a court.

fancy stuff like signatures and legalese isn't strictly required for the lower courts, it just makes for a better case and to minimize he said/she said.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #3547 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 20:11:16 »

Group buys always carry the risk of failure.

You aren't buying from a store.

I agree there is chance of failure, but that doesn't mean there is no obligation.

If you buy from online store of big company, you still have a risk of no delivery, just that the risk is low.

Unless you tell me whenever there is risk of failure, there is no obligation. What a logic.

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #3548 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 17:22:30 »
@Swill Can you disclose for us please, _when_ you received _what_ (maybe with photo) from sprit? A few springs 1 years ago? Or a maybe a fully assembled keyboard 3 weeks ago?

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3549 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 18:30:31 »

@Swill Can you disclose for us please, _when_ you received _what_ (maybe with photo) from sprit? A few springs 1 years ago? Or a maybe a fully assembled keyboard 3 weeks ago?

I've received LEDs, diodes and springs.  That was about a year ago.

I have the same feelings as swill, I think Sprit is just overwhelmed.
I hope he pulls through.