Author Topic: [GB]GSUS (New Panda) Linear Switch (price reduced to $0.6)  (Read 171579 times)

Offline clik_clak

Re: [GB]GSUS (New Panda) Linear Switch
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 14:18:24 »

I just feel MD’s GB is very much rushed, maybe they haven’t figured out the details but just open early to sabotage Supervan.

You believe, that MD (A semi-large company with lots of employees, products, and a full scale logistics department) was so concerned about a Chinese guy living in Russia, that they rushed a project they've been working on to "Sabotage" said person???

If you look at the people that have been working with MD on this project, yes...100%.

Additionally, it's very strange that they haven't answered how they are getting review samples out this morning when the molds have been damaged.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 December 2018, 14:20:43 by clik_clak »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #201 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 14:22:08 »

I just feel MD’s GB is very much rushed, maybe they haven’t figured out the details but just open early to sabotage Supervan.

You believe, that MD (A semi-large company with lots of employees, products, and a full scale logistics department) was so concerned about a Chinese guy living in Russia, that they rushed a project they've been working on to "Sabotage" said person???

Oh well, how about the Halo switches fiasco that happened before, and Whitefox?
FYI, I joined MD's Holy Panda drop already, and I am voicing my concerns.

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #202 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 20:35:06 »
Additionally, it's very strange that they haven't answered how they are getting review samples out this morning when the molds have been damaged.

Already joined the MD drop, but this is what concerns me the most.

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #203 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 21:56:28 »
I'm not joining MD drop. If it is successful, they will definitely bring it back so it's safer to join R2. There are plenty of other good switches out there for now.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 23:15:07 »
I'm not joining MD drop. If it is successful, they will definitely bring it back so it's safer to join R2. There are plenty of other good switches out there for now.

There are currently no plans for an R2 of the MDHP, no matter the outcome of it.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #205 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 23:28:49 »
What a bunch of circling vultures we have here. I hope you dont drop your price. Your hard work needs to be rewarded.

He'll still make a profit even if the price drops, no?

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #206 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 23:39:18 »

There are currently no plans for an R2 of the MDHP, no matter the outcome of it.

You seem to know more about this drop than most people...Why don't you answer us why they refuse to answer how they have review samples for a switch being created from damaged molds that apparently haven't been fixed yet.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #207 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 00:50:45 »

You seem to know more about this drop than most people...Why don't you answer us why they refuse to answer how they have review samples for a switch being created from damaged molds that apparently haven't been fixed yet.

More than one mold.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline regionfree

« Reply #208 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 01:22:37 »
More than one mold.

Then won't that make further rounds even more probable? Considering how much effort and work (they say they started working on this since March) went into restoring/fixing MULTIPLE molds? With Massdrop being a business who's primary goal is to make money from sustainable products?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 01:54:42 »
More than one mold.

Then won't that make further rounds even more probable? Considering how much effort and work (they say they started working on this since March) went into restoring/fixing MULTIPLE molds? With Massdrop being a business who's primary goal is to make money from sustainable products?

They'll make enough money from this drop to offset that cost several times over. It's just a logistical nightmare. They've already sold WELL over 100k switches by my math.

This is getting off topic, if you have more questions PM me here (not reddit or discord please). I don't have direct communication with Massdrop, so take everything I say from here on with a grain of salt.

Please try to keep this thread to GSUS GB discussion only.

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #210 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 09:21:39 »

More than one mold.

Lol. This seems like BS. If they had more than one mold and only 1 was damaged, 27 would’ve been making pandas already without MD. What would the point be of repairing the damaged one if they had working ones? To speed up manufacturing? Sure, but that doesn’t explain what 27 originally stated which caused the panda prices to go up so much.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #211 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 15:31:17 »

More than one mold.

Lol. This seems like BS. If they had more than one mold and only 1 was damaged, 27 would’ve been making pandas already without MD. What would the point be of repairing the damaged one if they had working ones? To speed up manufacturing? Sure, but that doesn’t explain what 27 originally stated which caused the panda prices to go up so much.

My primary question has been, Massdrop has been working with mech27 since March, it's a very long period of time. Nothing happened until Supervan put together a GB. And even now it seems Massdrop's HP will be shipped in 6 months. But within 1.5 months' of time, supervan was able to make prototypes, send to reviewers (probably took 2-3 weeks), and now ready to ship. Is it such a difficult GB to put together for Massdrop or mech27? Afterall mech27 should have most information about the og panda, right? Is the mold destroyed or not? Who has ownership of the mold? What is the current status of the mold? How were the samples made?

What is really happening here is baffling me. I have long been a big supporter of Massdrop, having spent tens of thousands of dollars on the platform, not to mention that I have been organically promoting Massdrop and its products in my social media accounts. But for this Holy Panda thing, more transparency is needed. I also think on that front, supervan did a good job in paying for the goods upfront, getting samples to reviewers before starting a GB.

I am hoping to see a substantial reduction in pricing for the GSUS. After all, more competition is always good for the community.

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #212 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 15:39:48 »
Hi, guys. I've already reduced the price to $0.6/pcs. The deadline has been changed from 2018/12/31 to 2018/12/19. I will start to ship them from 2018/12/20. Considering all of these switches are spot goods, I think the price will be reasonable. Hope you can get your Holy Gsus switches as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 December 2018, 16:11:01 by SuperVan »

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #213 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 16:25:24 »
Hi, guys. I've already reduced the price to $0.6/pcs. The deadline has been changed from 2018/12/31 to 2018/12/19. I will start to ship them from 2018/12/20. Considering all of these switches are spot goods, I think the price will be reasonable. Hope you can get your Holy Gsus switches as soon as possible.

Reason for moving up the deadline?

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #214 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 16:27:39 »

Awesome. I’m in! When will invoices go out?

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #215 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 16:53:00 »
Great can't wait to pay and receive them.

Offline Juiceion

« Reply #216 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 16:57:48 »

Reason for moving up the deadline?

I would assume since they will probably sell really fast at the new price.

Offline Darknight00z

Re: [GB]GSUS (New Panda) Linear Switch (price reduced to $0.6)
« Reply #217 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 16:59:15 »
@supervan Can you update my invoice #009 with the new pricing and payment deadline. Thanks!  :thumb:

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #218 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 17:04:25 »
I've also updated my invoice to get some more switches

Invoice #:0008

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #219 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 17:05:08 »
having spent tens of thousands of dollars on the platform

Weird flex, but okay

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #220 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 17:05:33 »
Now what to do with my 300 Outemu skies :(

I even retooled 150 of them.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #221 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 17:06:04 »
having spent tens of thousands of dollars on the platform

Weird flex, but okay

Actually probably even more than that. That’s ok.

Offline Stallon

« Reply #222 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 17:30:17 »

I entered more than a week ago but got no invoice, now i edited the form and added more switches.
Checked and I have no invoice, it's just me? 

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #223 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 17:36:26 »

I entered more than a week ago but got no invoice, now i edited the form and added more switches.
Thanks for your support. I will send your invoice this week. Don't worry.

通过我的 MIX 2 上的 Tapatalk发言

Offline quinnx

« Reply #224 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 17:37:14 »
I don't care if MD is going to fukc the HP group buy ( probably not due to thousands of buyer will hold them accountable). But I'm glad they decide to release the information about the group buy as early ( and many speculate whether due to this group buy or to combat the rumour). The fact that buyer from this GB now get 0.6 per switch is thanks to MD  group buy itself. So while they are being vagued with all the details jumbling around, some of benefits already being reap by you guys, the gsus buyer.

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #225 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 17:40:18 »
Now what to do with my 300 Outemu skies :(

I even retooled 150 of them.

weird flex but okay

Offline Stallon

« Reply #226 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 17:40:44 »

Thanks for your support. I will send your invoice this week. Don't worry.

通过我的 MIX 2 上的 Tapatalk发言

Okay thanks  :thumb:

Offline poodude

« Reply #227 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 18:21:12 »
How are these being shipped? Would it be possible to use epacket from China? I ask because the shipping + PayPal fee adds $18 to a 90 switch order. So roughly $20 less than just buying the Massdrop switches.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #228 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 18:23:43 »
How are these being shipped? Would it be possible to use epacket from China? I ask because the shipping + PayPal fee adds $18 to a 90 switch order. So roughly $20 less than just buying the Massdrop switches.

Are you also counting MD's $10 shipping cost? Not really fair to count it on one GB and not another.

Offline Hongook

« Reply #229 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 18:26:10 »
Shipping is free on MD, for me at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #230 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 18:26:22 »
Nice to see the price drop to the promotional, non-profit amount of the private CN buy. Still some nice people out there working pro bono for no benefit other than that of fostering the community spirit.

Offline Oni74

« Reply #231 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 18:46:12 »
Thanks for lowering the price! I was hesitant to stay in the gb, but with the lowered price, I'm going to stay in. Looking forward to getting the invoice and sending you the payment.

Thanks for staying true to your goals and creating the win-win for the community despite all the drama.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Offline Solotov

« Reply #232 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 19:11:34 »
The price is very reasonable now. Thanks for the adjustment  :thumb:
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline airlangga07

« Reply #233 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 20:37:11 »
Edited my response. :) Awaiting invoice.

Offline Idragonist

« Reply #234 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 20:43:22 »
Waiting for invoice as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #235 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 21:20:16 »

I mean, definitely not sabatoge but they might have changed when they were releasing the product

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

They did it before with Troubled Minds and NGE.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #236 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 21:24:41 »
Nice to see the price drop to the promotional, non-profit amount of the private CN buy. Still some nice people out there working pro bono for no benefit other than that of fostering the community spirit.

Even 75c per switch would have been fine. It's the fact that he had the balls to try 1.50 in the first place that made people upset.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #237 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 22:58:22 »
Time to buy some GSUS switches :)

Offline vegs

« Reply #238 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 02:38:51 »
Fair price, I'm in for 100x
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
« Reply #239 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 03:31:50 »
In for 90.
Norbaforce (88UB, BKE Heavy, silenced), Noxary XRF (stock 87UB, 55g) Singa R2 (retooled MX Blacks w/ 68g catweewee springs), LZ GH V2 (V1 Zealios 67g), RAMA U80-A (Holy GSUS)

Offline shengpizi

« Reply #240 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 03:53:48 »
Received!208642-0

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #241 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 04:53:17 »

Offline vikipedeer

« Reply #242 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 05:17:02 »
joined, my Halos need Gsus
Current board:KBD75V2, Whitefox, Time TKL

say yes to bacon overlord

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #243 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 11:15:41 »
looks like Massdrop restocked halos: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-halo-switch-pack
For those who want a clear stem I guess

Offline spooknik

« Reply #244 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 11:39:21 »
Thanks for reducing the price. In for 110.

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #245 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 12:53:56 »
With the price drop I'm really considering going in on these and comparing them to Holy Pandas or playing around with the spring weight, but the PayPal fees are a bit ****ty, especially since PayPal has specifically stated not to charge it on orders like this.

Offline Ejusdemgeneris

« Reply #246 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 12:59:02 »
Hi Supervan,

I am currently living in China. Is it possible for me to join the Chinese group buys without the 15 usd shipping fees and pay with alipay or wechat pay instead? Thank you so much.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #247 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 13:00:25 »
I have one and have never noticed any lag. Though I top out at like 70/80 WPM.
Could you experiment with the debounce, as others have reported, and see if that produces lag?

I don't know what debounce is, I don't know that I want to introduce something that would create lag though

It's a configurable delay built into most firmware to deal with potential ghost keypresses if the keyboard matrix is scanned to often/rapidly.
The theory is that the lag is caused by the debounce delay being set too high and that lowering it will resolve the issue.

(Attachment Link)

Set it to 1.
If you run into issues with keys being registered multiple times keep bumping it up by 1 until it stops.

With the price drop I'm really considering going in on these and comparing them to Holy Pandas or playing around with the spring weight, but the PayPal fees are a bit ****ty, especially since PayPal has specifically stated not to charge it on orders like this.

Pretty common practice in the keyboard community. I can't remember the last KB GB I joined outside of MD that hasn't had a paypal fee included.

Offline trg1234

« Reply #248 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 13:11:02 »
Joined waiting for invoice

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #249 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 13:54:55 »

Ya sure no paypal fee at $1.5 per switch. :thumb:  Your choice 

I am sure Supervan can accommodate that :)