Author Topic: [GB] TGR-Jane v2 CE (QC, Shipping) 99% completed  (Read 1172775 times)

Offline frostfiree

Re: [GB] TGR-Jane v2 CE (QC, Shipping)
« Reply #1750 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 19:22:07 »
I had one diode on one of my PCBs compromised as well. I took one off the other one (that I ****ed up and lifted a pad on 100% me) to build my current build.

I put Gat Silent Black Inks in my build as well. it was an absolute nightmare, I soldered in the mod keys with stabs only to realize there was no way i was getting all those switches in the plate. That's when I lifted the pad (for backspace) trying to get those few switches out.

If you have tight switches and are building the CF plate, I ended up pushing every single switch through the plate (for my Gat Inks) then sandwiched everything very carefully double and triple checking the pins all lined up.

Super satisfying that they did, too. After that it was smooth sailing on soldering.

I feel like that's just the norm for TGR boards. Slot the switches first and then put the PCB on.
Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE | Thermal | Kei | GSKT-00 | Duck Orion V3 | U80 | Salvation | 378 | HHKB | Cloudline | Bias | TKL One | Kaze | Jane V2 ME

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #1751 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 19:45:21 »
Also, both the gasket and the plat mounting screws are used as the same time, correct?

I'm not sure what yuktsi intends but I have mine assembled without the plate mounting screws, like the 356mini or GSKT-00, and it works just fine. Definitely a softer durometer than those boards' o-rings, but it doesn't seem to cause any problems thus far.

I'm using the ZealPC screw-in stabs, and it's a very tight fit with the o-ring.  I'm also using the plate screws.  Do you notice any chatter or movement at all w/out the plate screws? 

Movement, a little. Chatter, none. I recommend trying it, not much to lose.

What stabs are you using?  The ZealPC stabs have a standoff that pretty much prevents the gasket from fitting "naturally".  When I put the plate in the case, I use a plastic spreader from my tech toolkit to 'fit' the gasket in.  It's not the tightest fit, but I already worry that it's putting too much pressure on the top half of the case already.  I've just spent the past 2 nights getting all the switch seating issues resolved because of the tight tolerances with the plate that we've been discussing, so replacing the stabs is out of the question at this point for this particular plate/pcb combo.

Vintage Cherry clip-in stabs, toothpick modded. Gotta pull out all of the 2012 keyboard modding stops for this kind of board.

Yeah - I think I can make some build improvements with building out the second PCB, however I think I got the gasket sitting correctly know and all of the seems are sitting flush for me with the tealios all aligned properly at this point.  I think I still need to adjust to this typing experience since my previous daily driver has been a Leopold 980M w/ blacks.  All and all, this turned out to to be a pretty good build in an excellent case.

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #1752 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 21:34:38 »
Also, both the gasket and the plat mounting screws are used as the same time, correct?

I'm not sure what yuktsi intends but I have mine assembled without the plate mounting screws, like the 356mini or GSKT-00, and it works just fine. Definitely a softer durometer than those boards' o-rings, but it doesn't seem to cause any problems thus far.

I'm using the ZealPC screw-in stabs, and it's a very tight fit with the o-ring.  I'm also using the plate screws.  Do you notice any chatter or movement at all w/out the plate screws? 

What stabs are you using?  The ZealPC stabs have a standoff that pretty much prevents the gasket from fitting "naturally".  When I put the plate in the case, I use a plastic spreader from my tech toolkit to 'fit' the gasket in.  It's not the tightest fit, but I already worry that it's putting too much pressure on the top half of the case already.  I've just spent the past 2 nights getting all the switch seating issues resolved because of the tight tolerances with the plate that we've been discussing, so replacing the stabs is out of the question at this point for this particular plate/pcb combo.

Is this the standoff you're referring to? The image is of an Everglide stabilizer. I'm planning to use these when building, but I wonder if they will negatively affect the typing feel.

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #1753 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 22:09:24 »

Is this the standoff you're referring to? The image is of an Everglide stabilizer. I'm planning to use these when building, but I wonder if they will negatively affect the typing feel.

Yep, that's it.  I'm not using the plate screws at the moment, and it feels great.  Without the plate screws, it feels like there is more play to be had with the gasket around the space bar stabs.  If you use the screws, the gasket will still fit, but you will have to press the gasket into the gap where the standoffs are.  I didn't notice any flex or warp of the top half of the case, but I'm not 100% sure because I don't think it was designed  to be that tight there.  The gasket fits well naturally everywhere else.  When you don't use the plate screws, everything fits together fine with not forcing or adjusting.  Earlier tonight, I removed the gasket and just used the plate screws, and I went back right away to just the gasket.  I think the side effect is that this forces the plate/pcb unit "north" inside the case, so my USB port is sticking out probably less than 1mm from the case.  Here are some pics:

As I said, all the sides are flush and things seem to be just fine.  I really don't want to de-solder everything just to swap out the space bar stabs at this point due to the challenge of using tealios with the CF plate.  I don't have a de-soldering gun and just use the pump and copper mesh when I need to.

edit: that's dust on the finish btw, the ano is flawless  ;D

« Last Edit: Thu, 20 February 2020, 22:11:50 by rkarp »

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #1754 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 23:18:27 »
Can I just say that I appreciate it when feedback like this is done on GH where it is easily consumed both now and at later dates. Because I would've been aiming to put Tealios and Zeal stabs in mine but no longer.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #1755 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 03:52:42 »
Can I just say that I appreciate it when feedback like this is done on GH where it is easily consumed both now and at later dates. Because I would've been aiming to put Tealios and Zeal stabs in mine but no longer.

+1, this type of thing is usually shared either in private or around various discords amongst one another, and people just won't know. I appreciate public feedback like this a lot!

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #1756 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 09:51:03 »

+1, this type of thing is usually shared either in private or around various discords amongst one another, and people just won't know. I appreciate public feedback like this a lot!

Yeah totally - the only thing I love more than keyboards is talking about keyboards, especially a keyboard I love working on and striving to achieve typing nirvana with, haha. 

But now I feel like I'm faced with an existential crisis....

I'm wondering if I should de-solder and start over and replace the space bar stabs.  It just seems like so much work at the moment so I would probably delay the rebuild for a few weeks.  I do have a $50 Amazon gift card I've been sitting on which would help offset the cost of a Hakko de-soldering tool, so there's that.  Though I could also just cowboy up and use my solder hand pump.  I also wonder if I should try to acquire some vintage cherry's and replace the tealios at this point too, just due to the tolerance concerns.  I have a TX60 coming in May and could use the tealios for that.  If anything, I've learned so many new things during this build that have eluded me on past builds.

Does anybody know what the specs of the gasket are?  Seems like a good time order some spares and maybe experiment with that aspect of this board as well.

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #1757 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 10:19:33 »
has anyone posted an unboxing of this? curious to see each parts

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #1758 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 10:25:10 »
has anyone posted an unboxing of this? curious to see each parts

Jae is doing his unboxing / build stream on Sunday I believe.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #1759 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 11:16:02 »

Yeah totally - the only thing I love more than keyboards is talking about keyboards, especially a keyboard I love working on and striving to achieve typing nirvana with, haha. 

I'm wondering if I should de-solder and start over and replace the space bar stabs.  It just seems like so much work at the moment so I would probably delay the rebuild for a few weeks.  I do have a $50 Amazon gift card I've been sitting on which would help offset the cost of a Hakko de-soldering tool, so there's that.  Though I could also just cowboy up and use my solder hand pump.  I also wonder if I should try to acquire some vintage cherry's and replace the tealios at this point too, just due to the tolerance concerns.  I have a TX60 coming in May and could use the tealios for that.  If anything, I've learned so many new things during this build that have eluded me on past builds.

Does anybody know what the specs of the gasket are?  Seems like a good time order some spares and maybe experiment with that aspect of this board as well.

My first piece of advice would be to post a buy for a H88 or something if you didn’t buy 2 PCB from Yuktsi.

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #1760 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 13:52:28 »
make geekhack great again

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #1761 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 13:54:53 »

My first piece of advice would be to post a buy for a H88 or something if you didn’t buy 2 PCB from Yuktsi.

I have 2 pcb but I want to use the CF plate.  My other plate is Alu, but I guess it doesn't matter that much.  Don't have enough experience to tell offhand w/ yuktsi's boards.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #1762 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 14:30:46 »
I have 2 pcb but I want to use the CF plate.  My other plate is Alu, but I guess it doesn't matter that much.  Don't have enough experience to tell offhand w/ yuktsi's boards.

I mean, I've only ever used a ECG J-045-DS desoldering iron (found on Amazon) and wick when I've pulled switches. If you let it sit for a long time you will cause some damage but there hasn't been a problem that this and wick haven't solved for me.

If you have a backup PCB and you don't like how your current one is built, then I'd say when you have time go ahead and give desoldering a shot. Just put some blacks and cherry stabs in there instead of Zeal's wares. Personally, I use my desoldering iron on miscellaneous odd jobs, never extensive work, so dropping $250 on it wouldn't have made sense.

Is the Zeal stab/Tealios fit issue isolated to the CF plate? Or is there a problem with the Aluminum plate as well?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #1763 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 15:35:53 »
The dimension of the gasket is 3.55mm in thickness and 240mm in diameter. Screw-in stabs won't work well with the gasket.  :thumb:
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline neoCobweb

« Reply #1764 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 16:13:23 »
Anybody try the gasket mount with one of hiney's fr4 plates? And with zeal stabs? I was planning on using zeal stabs with it. Also any recommendations for clip in stabs? Genuine cherry ones?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #1765 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 17:10:25 »

I mean, I've only ever used a ECG J-045-DS desoldering iron (found on Amazon) and wick when I've pulled switches. If you let it sit for a long time you will cause some damage but there hasn't been a problem that this and wick haven't solved for me.

If you have a backup PCB and you don't like how your current one is built, then I'd say when you have time go ahead and give desoldering a shot. Just put some blacks and cherry stabs in there instead of Zeal's wares. Personally, I use my desoldering iron on miscellaneous odd jobs, never extensive work, so dropping $250 on it wouldn't have made sense.

Is the Zeal stab/Tealios fit issue isolated to the CF plate? Or is there a problem with the Aluminum plate as well?

It's the same with the Alu plate.  And thanks for the tips.

The dimension of the gasket is 3.55mm in thickness and 240mm in diameter. Screw-in stabs won't work well with the gasket.  :thumb:

Thank you!

Anybody try the gasket mount with one of hiney's fr4 plates? And with zeal stabs? I was planning on using zeal stabs with it. Also any recommendations for clip in stabs? Genuine cherry ones?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I would assume that it would be the same issue - the tolerances are very tight inside the case, and the stand-offs on the Zeal stabs are tall (relative to everything else). 

I just disassembled again to post some pics for reference.  For the time being, I'm going to use top mount until the clip-in cherry stabs get here.  I'll probably keep my 2U Zeals installed still. 

Build pics: https://imgur.com/a/ilTl4VY

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1766 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 19:44:59 »
If you use the screws, the gasket will still fit, but you will have to press the gasket into the gap where the standoffs are.  I didn't notice any flex or warp of the top half of the case, but I'm not 100% sure because I don't think it was designed  to be that tight there.  The gasket fits well naturally everywhere else.  When you don't use the plate screws, everything fits together fine with not forcing or adjusting.  Earlier tonight, I removed the gasket and just used the plate screws, and I went back right away to just the gasket.  I think the side effect is that this forces the plate/pcb unit "north" inside the case, so my USB port is sticking out probably less than 1mm from the case.  Here are some pics:

As I said, all the sides are flush and things seem to be just fine.  I really don't want to de-solder everything just to swap out the space bar stabs at this point due to the challenge of using tealios with the CF plate.  I don't have a de-soldering gun and just use the pump and copper mesh when I need to.

edit: that's dust on the finish btw, the ano is flawless  ;D

The durometer of this gasket feels softer than the other gasket mount boards I’ve used, and not much pressure is put onto it (I can depress the plate in the assembled bord). The Mini is nearing 10 years old and incredibly tight on the gasket. No warping to be had, so I really wouldn’t worry about it, personally. The USB sticking out a bit is less great, but eh. Every assembled board of mine has one quirk or another  :)). Speaking of the Mini, for whatever reason it’s spacebar just does not like staying tuned and develops a click over time.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline shuangmu

« Reply #1767 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 00:27:47 »
have not come here in ages. Is anyone still waiting for transportation?  <3
                                                                           Love Artisan<3
                                                                                                                                       Love geekhack                     

Offline 1Raku

« Reply #1768 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 00:33:35 »
Still waiting for invoice :(

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

tgr jane v2 ce | duck unicorn x legend | duck jetfire | HHKB pro 2 | pc singa | tgr alice | iu tkl | kohaku | pc volcano 660 | matrix 8xv 3.0 | matrix 2.0 add | ryujin tkl | dndd | noodle.zip | matrix falcon | noxary evija | tgr 910 me

Offline Haskel

« Reply #1769 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 00:34:37 »
Still waiting for invoice :(

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Same
Jane V2 CE | Frog TKL | GSKT-00 | TKL One (PC) | RS60

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #1770 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 08:06:16 »
Posting my tracking screenshots from Aramex and UPS here so people (who are new to TGR's like me  :thumb:) can have some reference on shipping to the US.

Offline gMit

« Reply #1771 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 00:54:48 »
has yuktsi provided an update on those still waiting? Assuming China shutdown is having a huge impact

Offline yuppie

« Reply #1772 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 01:03:37 »
Posting my tracking screenshots from Aramex and UPS here so people (who are new to TGR's like me  :thumb:) can have some reference on shipping to the US.

3 day shipping from Malaysia? Damn, thats fast, now I just need mine  :cool:

has yuktsi provided an update on those still waiting? Assuming China shutdown is having a huge impact

China shutdown coupled with CNY has delayed things quite a bit. Things are rolling again now, though.
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline zli82

« Reply #1773 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 04:36:05 »
Paid shipping invoice on January 6. Still no shipment today. Is that normal here?

Offline tomu

• hi
« Reply #1774 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 12:40:05 »
I got a tracking number two weeks after paying the invoice on Jan 6 and the package was dropped off about a month later.

Weird that you weren't in the latest batch but your situation doesn't sound too unusual either.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

G80-3700 | HHKB Pro 2

Offline Jedi

« Reply #1775 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 12:41:17 »
Paid shipping invoice on January 6. Still no shipment today. Is that normal here?

Its normal, I wouldn't worry about it.  Its very common that one day you have a notice from your mail carrier or a package just shows up.  Yutski and other well respected GH GB runners are true to their word, I'd honestly not even think about it when it comes to Yutksi's group buys.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #1776 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 13:03:48 »
If anyone is interested I'll be unboxing and building my board on Top Clack at 8pm UK time, 3pm EST, 12 Noon PST today. (about an hour after I posted this)

Should be a nice chill stream with a Hiney PCB, Custom CF plate and Gat Inks

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #1777 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 13:18:23 »
If anyone is interested I'll be unboxing and building my board on Top Clack at 8pm UK time, 3pm EST, 12 Noon PST today. (about an hour after I posted this)

oooh - who made your plate?

Offline bball2

« Reply #1778 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 16:03:54 »

Same :-(

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1779 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 17:15:43 »

Glad to hear you’ll be joining the Vintage Brown Club in a later build, should be an excellent board for them  :thumb:
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #1780 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 17:39:28 »

Glad to hear you’ll be joining the Vintage Brown Club in a later build, should be an excellent board for them  :thumb:

Ha! Yes the next build for it will be top mount, fixed plate, and Vint browns. I’ll likely use screw in stabs with that though - not sure on keyset but perhaps classic retro. Whichever build I like best I’ll take to the UK meet-up in March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1781 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 20:52:13 »
Live streamed building mine if anyone is interested, here is the VOD. I tried out the Gasket at first, but it doesn't work well with the Durok stabs IMO. So decided to switch to plate mount and don't think I will be going back to the gasket.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/554278100

Offline click clack jack

« Reply #1782 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 00:34:56 »
Any chance you are willing to share how many are still left to receive shipping invoice?

Offline Solotov

« Reply #1783 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 01:31:15 »
What is the recommend stab for this board with gasket mount?
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #1784 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 01:31:47 »

Cherry clip in

Offline tentboy

« Reply #1785 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 07:21:27 »

Cherry clip in

So is it confirmed to not work with screw in? I know the Unicorn only worked with clip in.  I had two sets of screw ins prepped

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1786 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 07:27:20 »

Cherry clip in

So is it confirmed to not work with screw in? I know the Unicorn only worked with clip in.  I had two sets of screw ins prepped
It'll work fine with screw-ins.

None of the stabs are facing outwardly at the edges of the PCB, so there should be no concern for them interfering with the gasket.

The only one you might consider changing is the spacebar, if you are using a PCB and plate that have a south-facing spacebar. The rest should make no difference on stabilizer type.

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #1787 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 07:51:48 »

Cherry clip in

None of the stabs are facing outwardly at the edges of the PCB, so there should be no concern for them interfering with the gasket.

The only one you might consider changing is the spacebar, if you are using a PCB and plate that have a south-facing spacebar. The rest should make no difference on stabilizer type.

Take a look at my build pics a few posts up - you really need to use clip in for the space bar if you want to use gasket mount without putting any excessive pressure on the mounting system.  I’m still using screw in for my 2U. Screw in is also fine for top mount.

Offline tentboy

« Reply #1788 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 07:55:38 »

Cherry clip in

Take a look at my build pics a few posts up - you really need to use clip in for the space bar if you want to use gasket mount without putting any excessive pressure on the mounting system.  I’m still using screw in for my 2U. Screw in is also fine for top mount.

Thanks!  I'll pick up some clip ins for the space bar since i am planning on using the gasket

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1789 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 08:36:50 »
Has anyone had any issues using the stock PCB on macOS? Getting really weird behavior, it doesn’t seem to connect properly when the computer wakes from sleep, only works on certain random reboots or unplugging/replugging. 10.14 Mojave

Maybe I should have stuck with QMK, have no issues with my other boards.
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 February 2020, 08:38:41 by pr0ximity »

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #1790 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 08:53:28 »
Has anyone had any issues using the stock PCB on macOS? Getting really weird behavior, it doesn’t seem to connect properly when the computer wakes from sleep, only works on certain random reboots or unplugging/replugging. 10.14 Mojave

Yeah, the ps2avrGB firmware doesn't work well the macOS. You will need a reboot to reconnect the board. You may use the ps2avrU firmware to avoid this issue.

Firmware
https://www.dropbox.com/s/591sekxyut87trk/ps2avrGB4U_NKRO.hex?dl=0

Keymap
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzr79dd4zjqs5y8/keymap_gb4u_20191117212602.hex?dl=0

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #1791 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 09:00:25 »

Yeah, the ps2avrGB firmware doesn't work well the macOS. You will need a reboot to reconnect the board. You may use the ps2avrU firmware to avoid this issue.

Firmware

Keymap

FWIW, I’ve been hot swapping all the time with 10.15 and haven’t had any issues. Though 10.15 is a big bag of ****s so pick your poison I guess.  :))

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #1792 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 09:08:08 »

Firmware

Keymap

FWIW, I’ve been hot swapping all the time with 10.15 and haven’t had any issues. Though 10.15 is a big bag of ****s so pick your poison I guess.  :))
Older Macbook?

My collection

More

Offline matrixzj

« Reply #1793 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 09:10:53 »
is it all shipped ? I am still waiting for shipping invoice :(
Discord:Matrix#6203

HHKB Fanatics

SA/GMK Keycaps Info

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #1794 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 09:28:39 »
is it all shipped ? I am still waiting for shipping invoice :(

We are a few strong n faithful still waiting, don't worry. :)

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #1795 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 09:39:16 »

Firmware

Keymap

Older Macbook?

2018 Mac Mini (the new one), with a fresh install of Catalina and the most recent version - so 10.15.3 I think?  (I mention fresh install because I have been using the same plists and preference files since 2010 and it just became too buggy with old things by this point, so I did a clean install with 10.15 - there could be older config files causing pr0ximity’s problem maybe?)  I have a USB A/B switch and frequently go back and forth between OSX and Win10 throughout my day.  I also unplug the board frequently after typing tests to see which switches I would like to focus on tuning when I desolder later this week to replace my screw-in spacebar stabs.  Using the stock PCB and have had no issues.  I did download the bootmapper software so I could program my split backspace, split rshift, and f13, but I didn’t mess with the firmware at all so pretty sure it’s still stock.  I could see OSX 10.14 having issues, but in my usage, I haven’t encountered any other than having to fend off the ladies when they see my multicolor weight.

Offline Chimera

« Reply #1796 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 20:49:17 »
As someone that has pretool screw ins... Would it be worth it to try to find clip ins for the spacebar to use the gasket, or just roll top mount?

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #1797 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 21:09:01 »
As someone that has pretool screw ins... Would it be worth it to try to find clip ins for the spacebar to use the gasket, or just roll top mount?

worth it - I haven't tried top mount yet cuz I am really digging the gasket.

ALSO - Install the gummy before you solder the PCB - I really liked having room to pull the PCB and Plate apart while wedging the o-ring in around the USB port on the PCB.

Offline Chimera

« Reply #1798 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 01:27:30 »

ALSO - Install the gummy before you solder the PCB - I really liked having room to pull the PCB and Plate apart while wedging the o-ring in around the USB port on the PCB.

What switches did you use to use gummy before soldering? I have vints in a mock build and with the h88, the pcb moves around a bit to the point that I think doing it before soldering might be difficult.

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #1799 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 07:18:06 »

What switches did you use to use gummy before soldering? I have vints in a mock build and with the h88, the pcb moves around a bit to the point that I think doing it before soldering might be difficult.

By gummy, do you mean the gasket?  You can leave the gasket to the end. Just pinch it and stick it behind the USB port - that’s my technique.