Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3516620 times)

Offline Wonko73

Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #10400 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 11:33:33 »
Where do I find the " < > " keys and the " # " on a HHKB2 with German Mac-Layout?

Since they're on a seperate key which ANSI layouts don't have, you might have to use something like Autohotkey.

Found the " x " in German Mac-layout: upper row, second key from the right (means: key right from the 0 ).

Still no good solution for the ">" and "<" ... but I'd like to find a solution because I often need this keys in Terminal. "Auto-Korrekt" function or custom shortkeys don't work in Terminal using Yosemite ... any further ideas on this?
Filco TKL MX Blue | Filco TKP brown | HHKB2 Type S | Realforce 23U

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #10401 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 11:39:26 »
Found the " x " in German Mac-layout: upper row, second key from the right (means: key right from the 0 ).

Still no good solution for the ">" and "<" ... but I'd like to find a solution because I often need this keys in Terminal. "Auto-Korrekt" function or custom shortkeys don't work in Terminal using Yosemite ... any further ideas on this?

You could get a custom controller for your HHKB which will let you 100% customize your layout. Maybe there's some other 3rd party program for Mac that would work in the terminal as well.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #10402 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 11:40:08 »
Maybe there's some other 3rd party program for Mac that would work in the terminal as well.

One exists, I forget the name of it though.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Wonko73

« Reply #10403 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 12:24:12 »
Found a solution that might work for a while: An app from the Mac App Store called "Alpha". This works in terminal, too … I set two shortcuts: "- y " for "< " and " y - " for "<".

I'm wondering what people do, that work with unix / linux in Germany using the HHKB2 when they need " > " and " < "…

Offline DasHHKBProM

« Reply #10404 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 12:26:53 »
http://www.keyboardlover.com/img/switches/Topre_Switch3.jpg

Anyone know what color keycap this is?
 I've searched google and had little success.
 Best I can come up with pastel pink..

Just compared with my RF. They're the same. The color is called "sakura" as in cherry blossom.

It's more commonly known in English just as pink.  If you buy pink RF caps you'll get this color.

Tacticlestache these are same :(???

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33130.msg1177354#msg1177354

So maybe it's just the lighting...I was hoping to find a set closer to maroon/brown than pink

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #10405 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 12:29:08 »

Anyone know what color keycap this is?
 I've searched google and had little success.
 Best I can come up with pastel pink..

Just compared with my RF. They're the same. The color is called "sakura" as in cherry blossom.

It's more commonly known in English just as pink.  If you buy pink RF caps you'll get this color.

Tacticlestache these are same :(???

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33130.msg1177354#msg1177354

So maybe it's just the lighting...I was hoping to find a set closer to maroon/brown than pink

You could dye a white set if you really want.

Bother nubbinator, he just dyed some keys and they look fire.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #10406 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 12:32:00 »
Found a solution that might work for a while: An app from the Mac App Store called "Alpha". This works in terminal, too … I set two shortcuts: "- y " for "< " and " y - " for "<".

I'm wondering what people do, that work with unix / linux in Germany using the HHKB2 when they need " > " and " < "…

Could imagine them using US ANSI international which has öüä etc. on the Alt Gr layer iirc. Maybe ask Snoopy, he's german and uses a HHKB.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #10407 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 21:04:58 »
What is the closest RAL (or pantone) to IBM industrial green/grey? I don't have any IBM industrial stuff to compare with.

Is it more like 7033 or 7023 maybe? 7042? 1020 even? I just can't decide based on photos of IBM industrials I see.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #10408 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 21:08:41 »
What is the closest RAL (or pantone) to IBM industrial green/grey? I don't have any IBM industrial stuff to compare with.

Is it more like 7033 or 7023 maybe? 7042? 1020 even? I just can't decide based on photos of IBM industrials I see.

I think you posted in the wrong thread.  The questions are supposed to be simple.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #10409 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 21:14:02 »

I think you posted in the wrong thread.  The questions are supposed to be simple.

Well, it doesn't warrant its own topic, so he's still technically in the right place.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10410 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 21:16:20 »

I dunno what Pantone it would be and if you're going to get a board done in the industrial grey color, you'll probably need Pantone. I suggest PMing krogenar for more help but I believe that it is RAL 7030 "Stonegrey". Webwit and rindorbrot seem to think that it is a closer match for industrial grey. And I agree with the pictures.

Offline Wonko73

« Reply #10411 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 10:23:03 »
Hi!

Yersterday I asked how to get "#" and "<>" on a HHKB2 with German Mac Layout … Well - sometimes I am sooooo stupid - lets tell you about how I found it:

Today my HHKB2 didn't work as usual … I wrote, that the "#" was on the key right from the "0" … today it wasn't. So I went to system settings and reconfigured the keyboard.… and I clicked a bit to fast and configured it as ANSI Layout.

That`s what I should have done earlier! Everything works fine... I have a Mac Layout, German Keys and the "#" is right from the "0" … and now the surprise: The next key, means the very right key in the front row makes the ">" "<". Great, isn't it?

I am much more happy with my Happy Hacking Keyboard now!

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #10412 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 12:28:18 »
I'm looking to lube mx brown switches.  I've found these lubes online:

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=61
https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,misc

What are recommended buys for mx browns?  Do I need different lubes for different parts of the switch?

Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10413 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 14:20:13 »
I'm looking to lube mx brown switches.  I've found these lubes online:

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=61
https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,misc

What are recommended buys for mx browns?  Do I need different lubes for different parts of the switch?

I'd get the Krytox kit from mechanicalkeyboards.com which is from mkawa. There's some info scattered around the forum on that. Krytox is used on the housing/stem. I think people use oil used to lubricate multitools on the springs.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #10414 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 16:13:31 »
I'm planning on getting the Varmilo off Massdrop, but I need some help choosing the right switch for me. I really like the clicky switches, but Blues seem too light and Greens might be too heavy for me (tried them out today and really liked them but I'm afraid they might be fatiguing in the long term). Clears are about right but don't have the click. Anyone have a suggestion for me?
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10415 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 16:16:37 »
I'm planning on getting the Varmilo off Massdrop, but I need some help choosing the right switch for me. I really like the clicky switches, but Blues seem too light and Greens might be too heavy for me (tried them out today and really liked them but I'm afraid they might be fatiguing in the long term). Clears are about right but don't have the click. Anyone have a suggestion for me?

Get a Green board. If it's too heavy for you, modify it with lighter switches such as 67g or 65g. It's not as easy as here is a magical switch for you, unfortunately, as you'll have to determine your own likes and dislikes in switches.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #10416 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 16:54:49 »
Get a Green board. If it's too heavy for you, modify it with lighter switches such as 67g or 65g. It's not as easy as here is a magical switch for you, unfortunately, as you'll have to determine your own likes and dislikes in switches.

That's kind of what I was thinking but wanted some other opinions. Thanks CPT.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10417 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 16:56:11 »

That's kind of what I was thinking but wanted some other opinions. Thanks CPT.

On the bright side? Since you're stateside, there's a few people who can do the modding for you if you don't yet feel confident in doing so yourself. tjcaustin, dorkvader, LastPilot, and (maybe) Hoffmanmyster provide modding services in the USA.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #10418 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 17:26:37 »
On the bright side? Since you're stateside, there's a few people who can do the modding for you if you don't yet feel confident in doing so yourself. tjcaustin, dorkvader, LastPilot, and (maybe) Hoffmanmyster provide modding services in the USA.

I'm not sure how other boards work but on my Cherry keyboard the housing pops right off so modding won't be a problem if it's like that for most other switches. I've basically got my decision set between Greens and Whites now, but I'm not sure which to choose. Do you know if there is really a big difference for them other than sound?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10419 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 17:39:06 »
1) I'm not sure how other boards work but on my Cherry keyboard the housing pops right off so modding won't be a problem if it's like that for most other switches.

I've basically got my decision set between Greens and Whites now, but I'm not sure which to choose. Do you know if there is really a big difference for them other than sound?

1) Most likely, the board you're looking at has a plate and will need to be desoldered/soldered.
2) Whites have a softer, muted click versus the Greens. I like them both equally and have boards with both switches.

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #10420 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 22:52:31 »
About 3D printing
the object out of print space
so can't print
what mean? :-X
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10421 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 05:02:15 »
About 3D printing
the object out of print space
so can't print
what mean? :-X
Means your part is larger than the surface area that the printer can cover. All 3D printers have a min and max size for parts it can print.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #10422 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 20:24:27 »
What is SoWaRe? Is it a color scheme?
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #10423 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 20:27:55 »

http://keypuller.com/soware/

The origin of the name is uncertain, it is said to be coming from “I’m SOrry it’s WYse REplica”, SO-WY-RE that is pronounced So-Wah-Reh.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #10424 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 20:40:52 »

http://keypuller.com/soware/

The origin of the name is uncertain, it is said to be coming from “I’m SOrry it’s WYse REplica”, SO-WY-RE that is pronounced So-Wah-Reh.

I've never heard that version.  :P  The (AFAIK) true story is:

Soware's Full name is Sora Wyse Replica,
Sora is Sky Blue means, but it is not korean language, Japaness languge SORA(Sky)

More info here.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #10425 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 02:01:25 »
Unicomp just told me that they cannot print custom key caps. This is after they have already filled my request for a Copy, Cut, Paste and Undo key set. Are they telling me lies?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10426 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 06:36:07 »
Unicomp just told me that they cannot print custom key caps. This is after they have already filled my request for a Copy, Cut, Paste and Undo key set. Are they telling me lies?
I think by custom they mean they won't make you a cap that says "orange" on it. They'll make you caps with what molding and stock they do have. So no custom legends.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10427 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 15:34:17 »
I've seen pictures of a collection of sample GMK keycaps with holes drilled through them, stored on a thin wire hoop.

Can these be purchased anywhere?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #10428 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 15:35:55 »
I've seen pictures of a collection of sample GMK keycaps with holes drilled through them, stored on a thin wire hoop.

Not really, unless someone sells off their GMK colour ring.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #10429 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 15:36:38 »

That is GMKs colour ring, which they will give out to people who are _seriously_ interested in ordering keycaps from them [I stress seriously because, at the end of the day, they're a business. Don't ask for one unless you plan to order from them].
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10430 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 15:36:44 »

Where did people (who may or may not sell theirs) get them from in the first place?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #10431 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 16:41:41 »

Where did people (who may or may not sell theirs) get them from in the first place?

IIRC we're just shipping Ivan's around.

I think Photekq has one too, though.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #10432 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 16:46:28 »

Read above you..
github

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10433 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 17:07:18 »

Read above you..

LOL you replied while I was still typing my reply, and I didn't see yours as mine appeared at the top of the page.

Thanks!

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #10434 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 17:11:18 »
If I were to purchase a NerD60 PCB from GON and a plate (probably the GON universal plate) what kind of switches will I need? PCB mounted or Plate-mounted?
null

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #10435 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 17:12:23 »
If I were to purchase a NerD60 PCB from GON and a plate (probably the GON universal plate) what kind of switches will I need? PCB mounted or Plate-mounted?

Plate.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #10436 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 17:13:20 »
Either. PCB supports both.
github

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #10437 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 17:14:14 »

I thought the 2.0 version didn't have PCB mount support anymore?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10438 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 17:14:43 »

Plate.

You could go with PCB or plate mounted. His PCB's have holes in them to accept the PCB mounted switches. Given the choice and this feature, I suggest PCB mounted for maximum stability.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #10439 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 17:14:55 »

Thanks for the replies.
So does this mean that the PCB mounted switches will be compatible with the Plate from GON as well?
null

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #10440 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 17:15:20 »

Plate.

You could go with PCB or plate mounted. His PCB's have holes in them to accept the PCB mounted switches. Given the choice and this feature, I suggest PCB mounted for maximum stability.

Show Image

Just looked.

I was misinformed, my bad.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10441 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 17:16:04 »
1) Will PCB mounted switches be compatible with the Universal plate?

2) And if so, is there any advantage to using one or the other?

1) Yes
2) PCB mounted switches have two extra legs which extend into the PCB holes. I think it adds stability to the board and the typing experience.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10442 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 19:36:48 »
Two questions about the Leeku 1800 PCB:

1) Is this the only firmware or is there an updated one?

2) Does the firmware support a MX Lock switch?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #10443 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 19:50:25 »
I'm pretty sure that's the updated firmware. Unless there's a newer version.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #10444 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 19:51:27 »

I'm pretty sure that's the updated firmware. Unless there's a newer version.

"The homework is really easy once you figure it out."
Yes, thank you.  :))

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #10445 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 19:52:47 »
i thought i typed something else

"That should be the newest version unless you know of a newer one"

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #10446 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 20:19:42 »
Is there a beginners guide to ALPs keyboards somewhere? I want to try them out but I don't really know where to start.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10447 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 20:21:31 »
Is there a beginners guide to ALPs keyboards somewhere? I want to try them out but I don't really know where to start.

There isn't one besides the DT Wiki. Seems like ripster managed to save his old Wiki page on them from before r00tw0rm. It looks like it's a decent intro guide. But I also know a fair amount about Alps switches, how can I help you?

Also check out my threads:

Older Mr Interface Switch Try Bag Review
Thoughts on MX vs Alps
Kingsaver with Complicated Blue Alps
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 November 2014, 20:26:48 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #10448 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 20:47:31 »
There isn't one besides the DT Wiki. Seems like ripster managed to save his old Wiki page on them from before r00tw0rm. It looks like it's a decent intro guide. But how can I help you?

I'd been having a look at the DT wiki but that ripster article looks like a good resource. Thanks! I've just been a bit confused by the multitude of different types.

From what I can gather I think I want complicated blue switches but they also seem to be super rare. I'll probably just go for a keyboard with Matias click switches like an Infinity or something for my first foray into alps/clones I think. I've got a line on an Apple Extended Keyboard II with what look like dampened tactile switches so I'll probably pick that up too. I guess I won't really know what I like until I try them.

Thanks for finding that article for me :)

Edit:

Also check out my threads:

Older Mr Interface Switch Try Bag Review
Thoughts on MX vs Alps
Kingsaver with Complicated Blue Alps

These look really helpful too. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 November 2014, 20:50:00 by Flamingchook »
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #10449 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 01:21:05 »
2) Does the firmware support a MX Lock switch?
is MX Lock need firmware? i think just lock like press as usual
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"