Author Topic: Gateway Anykey AT-connector  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Pylon

• Trade Count: (0)
Gateway Anykey AT-connector
« on: Mon, 29 November 2010, 17:35:55 »
So yeah, here's an AT-connector programmable Gateway Anykey in a fairly clean state (shows signs of use, there's some scuffing to the right of the Gateway logo, dirt here and there, but it's fairly clean) I did a quick and basic test of the keys adapted to PS/2 and they seem to work fine, though I did not test any of the macros or whatever. You can get an AT-> PS/2 adapter for around $2.50 shipped on Ebay. Double-shot keycaps and what not, as standard with an AnyKey. This was manufactured either on 01-23-93 or 01-28-93 (part of the date sticker on the back was ripped off to access the screws, I did recall it was from '93)

Stuff to note:
-The tabs holding the metal stabilizer down for the left shift key broke off while the keycaps were being cleaned. This was fixed with some scrap pieces of styrene plastic sheet and some super glue. The key feels fine and the stabilizer looks and feels fine as a result, but this might be an issue if you try to take the thing apart. Also, a small piece of white plastic is visible uder the key (I'll paint it black if you want)
-As mentioned, there's some scuffs (probably difficult to see in picture) to the right of the Gateway 2000 logo.
-Programmability functions have not been tested. I also did not test most of the F-keys.
-A part of the date sticker on the back is ripped off to get access to the screw. (already mentioned)

$20 + shipping from Boston, MA. Local pick-up is free.

(Microsoft mouse, piece of candy on floor, blue carpet, chair legs, Dell E6410, small rock, surge protector, can of white out, and that piece of black electrical tape all pictured not included in sale)

Offline Pylon

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 29 November 2010, 17:39:23 »
Sorry about the bad photos. My D40 is currently without a working lens, so I had to resort to an old Epson digital from around 1999.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 29 November 2010, 17:53:49 »
Pictures don't look bad to me.  Looks like the keyboard is in good shape and not yellowed.  Seems like a decent deal to me.

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 November 2010, 00:34:19 »
That's a very good price.  If someone doesn't buy this, I am really going to start worrying about the state of the economy. :P
Notable Switches I have tried:
black cherry, blue cherry, brown cherry, clear cherry, cherry M84, white alps, black alps, cream alps, Monterey blue alps, Fujitsu Peerless, Gateway2000 rubber dome, Keytronic rubber dome, Model M buckling spring, Model F buckling spring, futaba, black space invader

================================================
HAPPY HUNTING
================================================

Offline Pylon

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 10 December 2010, 18:31:04 »
Order today and I'll throw in a free novelty AT-> PS/2 adapter. It's basically a PS/2 sticking out of an old 35mm film canister (blue Ilford FP4+), with a female AT connector on one end of the canister.

Offline Pylon

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 December 2010, 18:44:03 »
I'll throw it on Ebay if no one PMs me within 3 days.

Here's the novelty adapter I made. I'll throw it in for free if you buy the keyboard.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us