Author Topic: Filco Linear Tenkeyless - CHERRY RED w/ KBC Engraved PBT.  (Read 35169 times)

Offline .XL

• Trade Count: (0)
    • http://www.paokfc.gr/
Filco Linear Tenkeyless - CHERRY RED w/ KBC Engraved PBT.
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 14:11:38 »
Quote from: Vittra;334305
I paid less than I would have buying the Tenkeyless + Keycaps seperately and the board + standard and KBC keyacps are essentially LNIB. Was it a great deal? No. Did I save money? You bet your ass I did. Between $30-50 easily - Pandas numbers are conservative.

If this is what you think and you're happy with your purchase then I have no room to complain. Enjoy your new keyboard!
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline panda-R

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 14:12:56 »
oh and FYI, the keyboard was seriously molested for no longer than 2 mins. If it was 3 mins I would have dropped the price by another $100 dollars.
DO YOU FEEL THE BEAT? I DO.
One Keyboard to DOOM them all, REALFORCE.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 14:13:16 »
Quote from: .XL;334299
No - it's actually really simple. $160 is $150 before shipping and packaging. I'm saying the Linear R listed in this thread is $200 before either shipping or keycaps are considered.

It's a high price, that's all I'm saying. If you can get paid then the price works for you, I just think it was high and not worth the price paid.

That's just my opinion. Obviously you and Panda think that it's totally fine to charge $50 over the fair price, and if someone buys the good then I guess it validates your thoughts.

I agree with you.

Have you sold your Linear-R Filco as well?
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline panda-R

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 14:16:53 »
two, boobs and bamboo. I call it the double b syndrome.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 14:25:34 »
its a sad day in history when opinions are worth more than supply and demand.

besides, my monopoly money is worth more than the greenback!

Offline .XL

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 14:28:09 »
Quote from: RiGS;334315
I agree with you.

Have you sold your Linear-R Filco as well?

Yeah, at what I thought was fair market price.

Ripster and Panda tag team - nice!
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline .XL

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 14:30:03 »
Quote from: ripster;334324
Either you or me made him mad.  I blame you.  Even Hamblet gets along with me.

Threadcrapping IS a serious problem around not only here but in other forums as well.

I wasn't referencing this thread...you've kept it on topic here. Is there a reason you're posting this here instead of where I posted it?

What are you, 60? And you act like you're 13.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 14:32:54 »
Quote from: .XL;334329

Ripster and Panda tag team - nice!

U jelly?

Quote from: .XL;334332

What are you, 60? And you act like you're 13.

U mad?

Offline panda-R

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 14:34:02 »
Quote from: ripster;334330
I think we should have bought Canada when we bought the Louisiana Purchase.  $15M was way too much to give to the French.  I really dislike the French.

Oh, might be going a tad off topic now.

I just dislike the separatist scum that is trying to divide the very fabric of what is Canuckistan. Besides, the french has given us a few good things in this world namely wine, cheesey and hairy women.

Offline .XL

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 14:37:18 »
Quote from: panda-R;334335
U jelly?

Not at all!

Quote from: panda-R;334335
U mad?

Nope - should I be?

Offline .XL

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 14:38:04 »
Quote from: ripster;334339
The Hairy Woman part is OK but emphasizing it on your coins with beavers is GOING TOO FAR!

Technically after a product is sold it's no longer possible to Threadcrap or go Off Topic.  

Unless someone wants to bring up the price again.

...hence why I waited til it was sold. I would have PM'ed Panda but I saw that it was sold and saw no 'threadcrapping' issue.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 14:46:05 »
i dunno what all this threadcrapping is about but serialcakes its fine to have a discussion because we all have opinions on what is fair. And I'm pretty sure me and the buyer have a similar opinion on what is fair otherwise the buyer would not have bought it, thus not making the buyer the buyer. Anyone follow me?

I think Einstein once talked about relativism and how if you traveled around the sun you can go back in time.

Offline .XL

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 14:58:51 »
Quote from: ripster;334352
I still think selling it for $160 seemed high.

But $200 isn't high to you?

How much would you sell yours for?

Offline panda-R

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 14:59:35 »
Quote from: ripster;334352
I still think selling it for $160 seemed high.

dood it's only a little bit high. No need to make a fuss about it.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 15:00:13 »
i dun get it, if my keyboard is $200 as you claim, how much are the keycaps?

Offline Lpb45

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 15:08:05 »
The fact of the matter is the price panda asked for it was payed, therefore it is not overpriced.  Things are not overpriced when people will pay the extra because of circumstances IE: Supply and Demand.  It would take alot for me to sell my Linear-R so I dont think thats going to happen, not to mention I dont wanna put up with people threadcrapping (Not saying you were .XL because it was after the fact).  Just something I dont wanna deal with.
Topre - 86U   |   Filco - Tenkeyless Linear Red
Filco - Tenkeyless Blue       |   Filco - Fullsize Non NKRO Blue (Work)

Offline kektr0city

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 15:17:47 »
well keyboard was originally ~$170 off of amazon and the keycaps were ~$40.  i think if you add shipping to both of those separately, you'll see the price panda asked was fair.  and, even if you don't think so, the buyer did.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 15:31:50 »
The classifieds thread that wouldn't die...

Offline .XL

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 15:49:32 »
Quote from: Lpb45;334372
The fact of the matter is the price panda asked for it was payed, therefore it is not overpriced.  Things are not overpriced when people will pay the extra because of circumstances IE: Supply and Demand.  It would take alot for me to sell my Linear-R so I dont think thats going to happen, not to mention I dont wanna put up with people threadcrapping (Not saying you were .XL because it was after the fact).  Just something I dont wanna deal with.

That's what I was saying. Since it sold the buyer apparently thought it was a fair price. I didn't want to come in and bust his chops while he was trying to sell because frankly that's just rude. I just wanted him to rationalize the price.

Quote from: keyboardlover
The classifieds thread that wouldn't die...

Let's just let it die now. Panda close the thread?

Offline .XL

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 15:54:36 »
Quote from: ripster;334398
Wait - where's the thread where you sold it for $160?  I was gonna threadcrap it!

It sold through PM. I posted that I was thinking of selling it and got 6 PMs.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 15:56:47 »
lolz

i can't close this thread yet, it's too awesome. Why does controversy always follow me around, just the other day when I was driving past a high school I got in trouble.

Offline .XL

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 16:05:43 »
Quote from: panda-R;334405
lolz

i can't close this thread yet, it's too awesome. Why does controversy always follow me around, just the other day when I was driving past a high school I got in trouble.

Controversy? I don't see any controversy. I was just wondering why you charged that price. It doesn't seem fair to me...I won't tell you the total price I could send what you sold to Canada for because it doesn't seem to matter. You and Ripster think the price charged was fair, no one else feels like looking at the actual prices, and it actually sold. The buyer thinks it was a fair price and purchased it. End of discussion.

Offline .XL

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 16:18:19 »
Quote from: ripster;334413
Security must have been alerted about the restraining order.

And don't take it personally.  The BEST discussions are in the Ebay Space Saving Mini threads.  Even two years ago when they were $50 IT WAS TOO MUCH!  And back then mothers, their douching habits, and penises were a FREQUENT point of discussion.

If I had the disposable income I would have bought 10 of the Linear-R's...sell em off for a good profit 6 months after when everyone who wants one has bought it and all new entrants would kill to have one.

Offline Shazb0t

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 16:18:28 »
I paid $160 shipped for his linear-r.  Considering they were $170 new and aren't available online at all, unless I want to order straight from keyboardco for an insane fee, I don't think I really got ripped too bad.  Who knows when they will restock?  I e-mailed keyboardco and they said quote "I am not sure when the Red Switch models will be available again though, the Red Switch modules are in constraint from Cherry for some reason that I don't know."  I wanted me some REDS!
Filco Tenkeyless Linear-R | SS 6Gv2 | Compaq mx11800

Offline RiGS

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 16:20:30 »
.XL, Why did you sell your filcos?

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 16:21:19 »
Like I said earlier, there is only a few slots for my threadcrapping rehab. I can sell my slot if it fills up for a premium, but you have to start at stage 3
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline .XL

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 16:26:25 »
Quote from: noodles256;334423
Like I said earlier, there is only a few slots for my threadcrapping rehab. I can sell my slot if it fills up for a premium, but you have to start at stage 3

I'm good; I don't threadcrap, I wait til the item is sold.

Quote from: kektr0city
well keyboard was originally ~$170 off of amazon and the keycaps were ~$40. i think if you add shipping to both of those separately, you'll see the price panda asked was fair. and, even if you don't think so, the buyer did.

Since Ripster brought it up again, I'll answer this.

Fair market price (in my mind) for the Linear R (shipping excluded) - $150. Price of KBC PBT keycaps (shipping included) = $50. $200 for both. Last Filco I send to Canada cost $10.26 - so let's say the KBC keys will add more $2 more to that. $212.26 is my estimate - this sold for $256. $44 difference - that's what I was asking about.

Offline .XL

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 16:30:30 »
Quote from: ripster;334432
Last time I sent something to Canada a Polar Bear ate it.

That's always a problem in Canada. I guess the extra $46 was polar bear insurance?

Offline Shazb0t

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 16:32:05 »
Can't all us keyboard nerds just get along?  There are so few that we need to stick together.
Filco Tenkeyless Linear-R | SS 6Gv2 | Compaq mx11800

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 16:37:16 »
Quote from: Shazb0t;334436
Can't all us keyboard nerds just get along?  There are so few that we need to stick together.

I wouldn't consider us nerds. Like I said in my alienware m14x post, we iz da coolness meter
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline panda-R

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 16:42:03 »
Quote from: .XL;334430
Fair market price (in my mind) for the Linear R (shipping excluded) - $150. Price of KBC PBT keycaps (shipping included) = $50. $200 for both. Last Filco I send to Canada cost $10.26 - so let's say the KBC keys will add more $2 more to that. $212.26 is my estimate - this sold for $256. $44 difference - that's what I was asking about.

sigh... thats your opinion on what fair market price is. I think you just mad cuz I was able to sell it more than you did.

Also considering you can't do any math, 150 + 41.4(10% discount for goop)+25 = $216, lets go with your $10 dollar shipping 226, lets add the good old import tax (12%+) into canada and we arrive at $250+ OMG!!! CONTROVERSY!

Maybe my math is wrong, can someone correct me?

Offline .XL

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 16:52:43 »
Quote from: panda-R;334440
sigh... thats your opinion on what fair market price is. I think you just mad cuz I was able to sell it more than you did.

Also considering you can't do any math, 150 + 41.4(10% discount for goop)+25 = $216, lets go with your $10 dollar shipping 226, lets add the good old import tax (12%+) into canada and we arrive at $250+ OMG!!! CONTROVERSY!

I don't care about you selling it for more than I did - I sold it for what it's worth.

I did the calculation on the site imsto linked, shipping came up to $7.50. I added the extra dollar to be safe. Import tax shouldn't be counted - it's a used item and would be shipped USPS. The chances of the import tax are small. I don't know where you got it from or how you got charged import tax, but the 4 keyboards I've sent to Canada have had no problems with import taxes.

So...that $150 + $50 for the keycaps, +$12 estimated shipping is = $212?

Whatever, you're making a $40 profit. I don't care. If you just stated that in the beginning I wouldn't have kept going.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 17:03:03 »
Quote from: .XL;334447
I don't care about you selling it for more than I did - I sold it for what it's worth.

I did the calculation on the site imsto linked, shipping came up to $7.50. I added the extra dollar to be safe. Import tax shouldn't be counted - it's a used item and would be shipped USPS. The chances of the import tax are small. I don't know where you got it from or how you got charged import tax, but the 4 keyboards I've sent to Canada have had no problems with import taxes.

So...that $150 + $50 for the keycaps, +$12 estimated shipping is = $212?

Whatever, you're making a $40 profit. I don't care. If you just stated that in the beginning I wouldn't have kept going.

bitter bitter bitter...

you keep doing ur fantasy calculations and living in a world that revolves around your opinion.. u mad and u jelly bro. I can safely conclude you have no understanding of canadian import regulations because you're american and you probably drive a ford. Maybe you don't care because you think you're safe living in your suburban home in america and don't realize that it is a federal offence to be lying on customs forms :) Of course you can do what you like and its not my business nor do i care.

did you buy any keycaps from imsto? If you did you'd realize it's $25 for shipping and since you obviously did not read the thread and you're such a noobcake then we can safely conclude ur still a noobcake and u mad and u jelly bro.

FYI, this is how i priced the package. $100 keyboard + $10 keycaps + $135 installation of keycaps = $245. I should have told the truth from the beginning.

Maybe my math is wrong, can someone correct me? I made no profit instead i lost a bunch of money on the keyboard and keycaps and made a bunch from my installation of the keycaps.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 17:04:26 »
Please note that the keyboard has been used by a Panda, so it has an added extra value of $40.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 17:05:40 »
*grab some popcorn*

This is more fun than Ripster's meme. lol
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline .XL

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 17:09:39 »
Quote from: panda-R;334449
bitter bitter bitter...

you keep doing ur fantasy calculations and living in a world that revolves around your opinion.. u mad and u jelly bro. I can safely conclude you have no understanding of canadian import regulations because you're american and you probably drive a ford. Maybe you don't care because you think you're safe living in your suburban home in america and don't realize that it is a federal offence to be lying on customs forms :) Of course you can do what you like and its not my business nor do i care.

did you buy any keycaps from imsto? If you did you'd realize it's $25 for shipping and since you obviously did not read the thread and you're such a noobcake then we can safely conclude ur still a noobcake and u mad and u jelly bro.

FYI, this is how i priced the package. $100 keyboard + $10 keycaps + $135 installation of keycaps = $245. I should have told the truth from the beginning.

Maybe my math is wrong, can someone correct me? I made no profit instead i lost a bunch of money on the keyboard and keycaps and made a bunch from my installation of the keycaps.

You call me bitter, and then respond like this? Angry, angry man.

Fantasy calculations - don't see what's so 'fantasy' about them. I didn't read through the thread, I read the first post. The thread did not interest me.

I'm not 'mad' or 'jelly,' 'bro.' I'm just trying to figure out why it's so expensive, that's why I'm asking.

I don't lie on customs forms. The keyboard is used. The value is stated. They rarely check used items.

You need to calm down...no reason to rage so hard. Did I make you mad? Apparently. You could have closed the thread but instead let it go farther and then started raging.

You're a class act, Panda. You're allowed to charge whatever you want. Let me buy your Realforce for $350 please! You know, customs and all that jazz!

Offline panda-R

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 17:16:48 »
u mad? u jelly?

you know it interests you cuz u mad and u jelly that i sold the board for $100 dollars and you overcharged for $160.

Don't make assumptions about Canada customs because you're not Canada customs. You're Mr. America from Washington D.C.

Besides I'm not raging, I'm just acting immature like I usually do because it bothers you. u mad and u jelly.

Sorry but my Realforce has the red esc key, I'll have to charge you $400 but I'm not sure if this is fair market price. I'll have to contact someone named .XL to determine what is fair market price before I conduct any business otherwise I'll have the price police after me.

I"M RAGING!!! RAGE RAGE FAP FAP FAP. OOPS.. sometimes that happens.

Offline J888www

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 17:19:57 »
Strange that I was charged Customs Duties on a 15 Year old IBM keyboard by the UK thieves, your lucky...........why did they check mine ?
Often outspoken, please forgive any cause for offense.
Thank you all in GH for reading.

Keyboards & Pointing Devices :-
[/FONT]One Too Many[/COLOR]

Offline panda-R

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 17:21:11 »
Quote from: J888www;334459
Strange that I was charged Customs Duties on a 15 Year old IBM keyboard by the UK thieves, your lucky...........why did they check mine ?

UK customs apparently decided not to listen to someone on this forum.

I hear UK taxes is worse than Canadian taxes. I blame the Queen.

Offline .XL

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 17:37:14 »
Quote from: panda-R;334458
u mad? u jelly?

you know it interests you cuz u mad and u jelly that i sold the board for $100 dollars and you overcharged for $160.

Don't make assumptions about Canada customs because you're not Canada customs. You're Mr. America from Washington D.C.

Besides I'm not raging, I'm just acting immature like I usually do because it bothers you. u mad and u jelly.

Sorry but my Realforce has the red esc key, I'll have to charge you $400 but I'm not sure if this is fair market price. I'll have to contact someone named .XL to determine what is fair market price before I conduct any business otherwise I'll have the price police after me.

I"M RAGING!!! RAGE RAGE FAP FAP FAP. OOPS.. sometimes that happens.

I wasn't aware you were the expert on Canadian customs, I shall defer to your judgement Mr. Postmaster.

I live just outside DC because I go to school. I moved to the US when I was 11. Mr. America indeed!

The entire purpose of me posting was to find out why you charged him so much. And I figured that out - you wanted to make a profit. That's fine with me...it's not my money that was wasted.

And I'm not jealous - I saw this thread the day it was posted and days afterwards. I only finally sold the keyboard this morning.

Still not mad or jealous, but you can keep believing that since that apparently makes you happy :)

I'm done with this thread. I found out what I wanted to know, though it took several pages of back and forth as well as many snide and unhelpful comments from you.

/thread (in honor of Ripster)

Oh, and I drive an Audi A4. Europe gets the good Fords.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 17:49:57 »
you reave you ruse! PANDA WINS AGAIN!

I'm sorry that you have decided to leave Mr. America but it was fun while it lasted. I'm sure we'll cross paths again in the future.

You still make bold unfounded claims about me being a profiteer and Imma sad that your only proof is your random numbers game.

Stop by anytime u wanna play again.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 17:50:07 »
G35x > A4. Just sayin'.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 17:51:01 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;334472
G35x > A4. Just sayin'.

Did you pay fair market value for your G35x? You can PM .XL to check.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 17:53:23 »
I went on the last day of the month and pretty much killed the dealer.
After about 3 hrs I got them down about $3k and bought the car.

They got the supply? Well I got the DEMAND *****es!

Offline panda-R

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 17:55:38 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;334476
I went on the last day of the month and pretty much killed the dealer.
After about 3 hrs I got them down about $3k and bought the car.

They got the supply? Well I got the DEMAND *****es!

I can't believe you ripped the dealer off, I thought it only worked in a one way relationship with the purchaser taking it up the butt?

Besides murcielago lp670-4 sv > g35x

Offline RiGS

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 17:56:00 »
Could you finally close this thread? It is a waste of real estate, and not fair to other geekhackers who actually want to sell or buy their stuff.
Thanks!

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 17:57:26 »
Quote from: RiGS;334480
Could you finally close this thread? It is a waste of real estate, and not fair to other geekhackers who actually want to sell or buy their stuff.
Thanks!

Offline panda-R

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 17:59:29 »
why she crying? It must have something to do with them replacing macgyver on the last few seasons of SG-1

Offline panda-R

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 18:07:22 »
he prolly looked it up but didn't understand it because I am profitting by a billion dollars.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 20 April 2011, 18:16:44 »
Quote from: panda-R;334483
why she crying?

Ocn Ducky buyer's remorse syndrome.