Author Topic: Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid Stealth and QuickFire XT  (Read 60278 times)

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
Re: Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid Stealth and QuickFire XT
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 18:06:29 »
http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/stealth/

CM Updated website !!!

Hopefully this will be out at retail store soon  :D

Very cool! Green switches too!

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 01:08:18 »
http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/stealth/

CM Updated website !!!

Hopefully this will be out at retail store soon  :D

Nice. Is there an ETA for this thing?

I think it should've been arrived by now but according to the CM rep he said that since it's a global shipment, so anything can happen and there is currently no ETA.

So basically be patient and hopefully we'll see it soon  :P

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline dante

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 08:37:54 »
Shame they couldn't implement micro or full size usb connectors on the TKL.

And no MX Black switches?  I know they may be the least popular (It's usually the last switch available for Filco's on Amazon) but would it kill them to run small batches?

Offline Hyde

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 23:28:45 »
lol found a video on the CM Storm channel from YouTube:

And found another video with Carter LOLLLLL

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline phoenixl1ght

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 20:00:56 »
Anybody know what color the back plating will be for blue, black, green switches be? I'm pretty sure they'll stick with red back plates for red switches on the XT and the stealth but not confident about the other switches.

Offline dacow

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 20:53:06 »
Argh haven't heard anything about this keyboard for a while. I'm guessing it's only going to be released in the US during the initial release?

I'm also wondering whether the stealth is going to have the customary slightly higher foot print keyboard than most.

For those that didn't realise, there's a thread in the vendor section about the Stealth: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40199.0
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 April 2013, 03:26:23 by dacow »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 17:05:40 »
Anybody know what color the back plating will be for blue, black, green switches be? I'm pretty sure they'll stick with red back plates for red switches on the XT and the stealth but not confident about the other switches.
the  plates will be painted to match the color of the switches.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Phaseshift

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:41:13 »
does the stealth not have backlighting?

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 10:54:51 »
does the stealth not have backlighting?

I believe the Stealth only has the three lock keys with LEDs, the others are non-LED.  The CM QuickFire Rapid XT is the one that has back-lighting.

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 12:17:32 »
Stealth is now available on CM Store in Green & Brown switch.

We will be getting blues & reds in shortly. Amazon and NE have been shipped stock but will take a week or so to be live.

Offline flare4000

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 20 April 2013, 22:32:44 »
Carter do you have any etas on the xt? I am looking to buy a keyboard and I think the xt might be the one...

Offline phoenixl1ght

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 04 May 2013, 22:17:24 »

Got the green stealth and the back plating is black. I don't know why the CM reps have been saying otherwise...

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 04 May 2013, 22:28:58 »

Got the green stealth and the back plating is black. I don't know why the CM reps have been saying otherwise...
that's weird we need to ask them then, post in the CM forum section and see what they say regarding this
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Hyde

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 00:15:26 »
Carter do you have any etas on the xt? I am looking to buy a keyboard and I think the xt might be the one...

+1 on this.

I also have a friend that's shopping for full size mechanical keyboard and I was suggesting this to him but we need to figure out how long we need to wait.

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 16:27:29 »
I would totally buy a fullsize with green switches!
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 16:52:39 »
I would totally buy a fullsize with green switches!

I'm selling my CM Storm Trigger with MX Greens, if you're interested in full-size keyboards.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41959.msg841144#msg841144

Offline linziyi

« Reply #116 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 17:03:54 »
$100 is a little bit too high for me... I have a QF TK blue right now (just got it couple days ago), would you like to trade(I'll add money if need be)?
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 23:48:25 »
Holy cow.. The XT is actually the best looking fullsize I've seen IMO (minus the legends but doesn't matter because I'd put PBT or DS). It's so simple and clean while maintaining that Costar build. Price range? If this is below $100... man.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 00:14:04 »
LOL... what's up with carter and that vneck... is that what all the kids are wearing?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:41:02 »
So I got to see the XT in person today and feel them with Green switches. Felt good and looked nice but didn't feel as nice as the Ducky DK9008G2 Limited Edition w/ Greens. However, for the price, it's a pretty damn awesome keyboard.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:56:51 »
So I got to see the XT in person today and feel them with Green switches. Felt good and looked nice but didn't feel as nice as the Ducky DK9008G2 Limited Edition w/ Greens. However, for the price, it's a pretty damn awesome keyboard.

Who? What? When? Where? and for good measure How? :eek:

I'm jelly.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 17:03:55 »

I'm jelly.

Friend got one through a forum. I took some pictures on my phone but I'd rather not post just yet :P I might take better pictures with my camera when he brings it over. It's pretty nice, and looks just like in the pictures. It had the standard rubber coating all QFR's have and only had one branding on the back. Full-size keyboard with regular-sized USB connector (I would've preferred the standard reinforced micro USB on the bottom) but still a nice change. Ninja ABS keycaps with F9 being the only windowed keycap for Winlock. Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock LED's are on the top right corner with grey font lettering, which is small. CM did an awesome job on this one :) If only the spacebar felt as crisp as it did on the Ducky DK9008G2 Pro Limited Edition :(

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 17:10:31 »

I'm jelly.

Friend got one through a forum. I took some pictures on my phone but I'd rather not post just yet :P I might take better pictures with my camera when he brings it over. It's pretty nice, and looks just like in the pictures. It had the standard rubber coating all QFR's have and only had one branding on the back. Full-size keyboard with regular-sized USB connector (I would've preferred the standard reinforced micro USB on the bottom) but still a nice change. Ninja ABS keycaps with F9 being the only windowed keycap for Winlock. Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock LED's are on the top right corner with grey font lettering, which is small. CM did an awesome job on this one :) If only the spacebar felt as crisp as it did on the Ducky DK9008G2 Pro Limited Edition :(

Well hopefully CM is improving and hopefully the price won't be too high.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 17:48:12 »
Well I think it's supposed to be 100 so that's not bad at all!

Offline linziyi

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 18:17:56 »
The Ducky DK9008 G2 Pro is coming out in mid June (as I was informed), and has thick PBT and green switches, what do you guys think of it compare to XT?
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 18:22:52 »
The Ducky DK9008 G2 Pro is coming out in mid June (as I was informed), and has thick PBT and green switches, what do you guys think of it compare to XT?

FYI the dk9008 g2 pro will have a white switch model also!

It was really clears...doh!
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 June 2013, 14:10:58 by ray4jc »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 19:33:25 »
Well the G2 pro has been out for awhile now(I had the g2 pro limited edition with greens and pbt). They are just now planning to sell some with thick pbts.

Offline linziyi

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 20:26:35 »
Should I go for g2pro over xt?
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 20:42:17 »
Should I go for g2pro over xt?

If you don't mind spending an extra 20 dollars or so for better components and parts, I definitley would. Double sided PCB, thick PBT keycaps, dip switches that allows USB NKRO. That's worth more than 20 dollars, if you ask me.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 May 2013, 20:44:41 by VesperSAINT »