Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 86481 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Fallout 4
« on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:37:06 »
A Fallout 4 thread to discuss Fallout 4.
Bugs, discoveries, troubles, treasures - let's exit the Vault together!

Just about 4 more hours.....

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:38:21 »

Show Image

Just VPN to Australia and download it?

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:52:34 »

Show Image

I mean, you can pre-load it now, but it activates at midnight or whenever.

Based off where you buy it / region the key is from, i guess that's when it actually activates?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:54:49 »

Show Image

Based off where you buy it / region the key is from, i guess that's when it actually activates?

Almost certain Steam does a server ping on every initial game launch, so even with an AU key you would still have to wait until midnight.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:58:26 »

Show Image

Almost certain Steam does a server ping on every initial game launch, so even with an AU key you would still have to wait until midnight.

Well, midnight AU time. Youd be able to connect to an AU VPN every time you wanna launch the game and then you're all set. But at that point, id rather wait the few hours more to be able to just play and not deal with any funny business.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 19:00:53 »

Show Image

Well, midnight AU time. Youd be able to connect to an AU VPN every time you wanna launch the game and then you're all set. But at that point, id rather wait the few hours more to be able to just play and not deal with any funny business.

At this point best to wait. But you could have been playing hours ago :)

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 19:07:42 »
At this point best to wait. But you could have been playing hours ago :)

I've been at school Since...8 or so? And then i'm suppose to be here til....9pm. So yea, no real time to play, at least comfortably.

I'll be playing tonight though.

I'm sad to say this is my first Fallout game i'll be playing from start to finish  :-[

Offline Apricat

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 19:14:53 »
Been playing for 2 hours and I have tre days off from school.
Perfect timing!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 19:22:21 »
Please no spoilers in here.  I plan on getting it around Christmas time since I don't even want the temptation of it sitting there while I am supposed to be doing the family thing. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 19:27:41 »
Please no spoilers in here.  I plan on getting it around Christmas time since I don't even want the temptation of it sitting there while I am supposed to be doing the family thing. 

I'm gonna be posting screenshots and discussions, but for the sake of folks like you we should agree to use Spoiler Alerts and not post shots of anything too plot-pivotal. 

I hope you all know how to use spoiler alerts on GH :)

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 19:30:37 »

I'm gonna be posting screenshots and discussions, but for the sake of folks like you we should agree to use Spoiler Alerts and not post shots of anything too plot-pivotal. 

RIP Tapatalk users.

Edit: I also like that the smilely isnt hidden. Spoilers man :P

Offline MagicSauce

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 19:41:24 »
So pumped!! ;D Can't wait until after work tomorrow.
I'm sure Bethesda will deliver on this one as usual

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 19:57:07 »

RIP Tapatalk users.

Edit: I also like that the smilely isnt hidden. Spoilers man :P

Yeah, not even going to open this thread in Tapatalk.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 20:53:47 »
I'm excited for Fallout 4 but I forgot to pre-download back home and my internet speed is too slow at college. :eek:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 20:54:44 »
I grabbed a pre-order on Green Man Gaming and I can't figure out how to pre-download or pre-load or whatever the hell it's called :(.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 20:55:20 »
I'm excited for Fallout 4 but I forgot to pre-download back home and my internet speed is too slow at college. :eek:

Slow at college????

If your computer is on and steam is open, you can install the steam app on your phone and log in.

Once logged in you can remotely initiate the download/install.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 20:56:17 »
I grabbed a pre-order on Green Man Gaming and I can't figure out how to pre-download or pre-load or whatever the hell it's called :(.

Did they give you the key?

You should be able to just enter the key into steam and then go to your library and start the download like any other game.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 20:56:43 »

Did they give you a steam key to activate it on steam, then pre-install(I think it's called lol) from Steam.

Slow at college????

If your computer is on and steam is open, you can install the steam app on your phone and log in.

Once logged in you can remotely initiate the download/install.

I need to download it on my laptop with 10 mb/s download, I have 140 mb/s download back home.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 20:58:01 »

Did they give you a steam key to activate it on steam, then pre-install(I think it's called lol) from Steam.

Oh that's how it works....ooooo. Thank you man. Going to download it on Steam now.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:01:49 »
42% loaded! Yeeee

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:04:18 »
Any thoughts on how much weight you guys are gonna lose on the Fallout 4 diet? 

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:05:00 »
I need to download it on my laptop with 10 mb/s download, I have 140 mb/s download back home.

Opposite for me. I have 10 Mbps (on a good day) at home and 550 Mbps at school.

I'm just gonna go home and transfer over the downloaded files to my desktop so i dont have to wait a billion hours.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:06:29 »

In addition to me eating better these days, I am expecting to lose lots in the next few weeks! Woot!

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:06:59 »
Downloaded, now i'm just waiting for it to stop being timelocked. Yes I know I can VPN and play, but I can wait for a couple hours to play.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:07:22 »

I can't afford to lose any more weight haha, no matter how much I eat I seem to burn more calories chewing than I intake from the food. I'm 6' 130lbs :p

Opposite for me. I have 10 Mbps (on a good day) at home and 550 Mbps at school.

I'm just gonna go home and transfer over the downloaded files to my desktop so i dont have to wait a billion hours.

Wow lucky you, I actually never tested my schools internet since I live in an apartment but I could possibly do that. Thanks :thumb:

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:09:52 »
Wow lucky you, I actually never tested my schools internet since I live in an apartment but I could possibly do that. Thanks :thumb:

The normal wifi is something like 40 Mbps on average. I'm a computer networking major and so I can plug my laptop in via ethernet and we're on an unrestricted network so full speed ahead!! :thumb:

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:12:20 »

The normal wifi is something like 40 Mbps on average. I'm a computer networking major and so I can plug my laptop in via ethernet and we're on an unrestricted network so full speed ahead!! :thumb:

Awesome, I'm going for Computer Engineering and up at Penn State they supposedly specialize in networking. I'm just a freshman so I'm just in basic engineering classes like physics, calculus, and chem.

Back to the Fallout hype! I'm really excited for this game but I still don't think I will be able to play it right away, I have a good bit of exams coming up and I can never seem to find the time to play A single game.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:15:38 »
I have a feeling I did this all wrong

Preordered Pip Boy edition, so gotta go pick that up after work

Then I have to download a **** ton. I know games have been "doing this" for some time but does it really help piracy? It just annoys me...

grr.

That said, my coworker was conveniently "sick" (much to my chagrin) but at least he did the VPN thing and I got to watch him stream the game. Pretty awesome, especially for me a newb to the Fallout series. I'm excited.  :D

Also, should I get a xbox one controller? Or just stick it with keypad and mouse/trackball?

Offline pesky brat

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:18:23 »

Then I have to download a **** ton. I know games have been "doing this" for some time but does it really help piracy? It just annoys me...

grr.

That said, my coworker was conveniently "sick" (much to my chagrin) but at least he did the VPN thing and I got to watch him stream the game. Pretty awesome, especially for me a newb to the Fallout series. I'm excited.  :D

Also, should I get a xbox one controller? Or just stick it with keypad and mouse/trackball?

Yea I'm in the same boat, I really want to play tonight :(

I'd say most people on PC play with a mouse and keyboard. If you're more comfortable playing shooters with a controller though, it's not a bad idea. It's kinda a more casual experience, which isn't a bad thing imo.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:29:21 »

Awesome, I'm going for Computer Engineering and up at Penn State they supposedly specialize in networking. I'm just a freshman so I'm just in basic engineering classes like physics, calculus, and chem.

Back to the Fallout hype! I'm really excited for this game but I still don't think I will be able to play it right away, I have a good bit of exams coming up and I can never seem to find the time to play A single game.

Very cool. Much more schooling then i'll ever be able to accomplish haha.

I get ya. I know i'll be just as limited with school and the fact that my girlfriend will want to watch/play as well so we'll have to agree on a time to play it, which probably wouldnt be that often.

grr.

LUCKY!
I didnt know about the Pip Boy edition until it was all sold out, and i'm new to the series too so i didnt feel i was worthy of owning a Pip Boy anyway :P

Maybe consider a Steam controller? I pre ordered one the other day off Amazon since i have prime, and i'm not much of a controller person but it's worth a try :)
But of course, if you already are use to the Xbox controller, maybe that's for you. I just find it nice that the Steam controller is built to utilize the Steam features and act more like an extension of the keyboard and mouse rather then just a controller.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:30:34 »

In addition to me eating better these days, I am expecting to lose lots in the next few weeks! Woot!

Nice!  My ex-room mate used to lose pounds at a time from binge playing for like 12+ hours at a time when a new game would come out.  I would leave for work and come back 10 hours later to find he hadn't moved other than to go to the bathroom and get another beer. 

grr.

I'd say most people on PC play with a mouse and keyboard. If you're more comfortable playing shooters with a controller though, it's not a bad idea. It's kinda a more casual experience, which isn't a bad thing imo.

I personally use the controller for games that allow it.  Feels like a more relaxed experience to me and it's what I am used to from growing up using consoles until about 5 years ago. 

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:32:20 »

Very cool. Much more schooling then i'll ever be able to accomplish haha.

I get ya. I know i'll be just as limited with school and the fact that my girlfriend will want to watch/play as well so we'll have to agree on a time to play it, which probably wouldnt be that often.

Sharing single player games with the girlfriend is the worst, especially when they have no clue at all what to do. :p

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:39:37 »
Not a fan of the Steam Controller, my roommate was in the SteamBox hardware alpha in school and they just feel wrong without the tactile feedback. It's like when you play a NES emulator with a touchscreen, just feels wrong.
Controlling games like Civ 5 with it are a novelty at best, imo.
The Xbox Elite controller however, that's something I could see dropping some bucks on.

Offline pesky brat

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 22:11:36 »

Nice!  My ex-room mate used to lose pounds at a time from binge playing for like 12+ hours at a time when a new game would come out.  I would leave for work and come back 10 hours later to find he hadn't moved other than to go to the bathroom and get another beer. 

grr.

I personally use the controller for games that allow it.  Feels like a more relaxed experience to me and it's what I am used to from growing up using consoles until about 5 years ago.

Casual, relaxed, I think we both mean the same thing :D

I grew up on consoles too, but I've transitioned to mouse and keyboard over the past few years for most games.

What controller do you use? I was thinking of picking up an xbox elite controller, until I realized it's win10 only :( They're really trying to push win10, and it's starting to irritate me.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 22:17:39 »
It's times like this I wish I didn't have to ban myself from pre-ordering after having to deal with so many ****ty releases.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 22:22:04 »
I was thinking of picking up an xbox elite controller, until I realized it's win10 only :( They're really trying to push win10, and it's starting to irritate me.

It will definitely be Win7/8 compatible, not sure where you heard that.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 22:25:56 »
The only times I ever like to use a controller are for racing games and NBA 2K, so I'm still fine with my old 360 controller :p
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 22:30:02 »
30 mins... Time to throw the freschetta in the oven
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 23:08:13 »
Man the framerate in this game is kind of annoying - seems to jump around a lot whenever combat starts

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 23:12:08 »

grr.

Casual, relaxed, I think we both mean the same thing :D

I grew up on consoles too, but I've transitioned to mouse and keyboard over the past few years for most games.

What controller do you use? I was thinking of picking up an xbox elite controller, until I realized it's win10 only :( They're really trying to push win10, and it's starting to irritate me.

Wireless xbox 360 controller.  I hate dealing with wires when I want to just lean back with my feet up and play a game.  I paired it with one of those cheap universal receivers and have never had an issue (just have to manually go in and put the correct driver in as doesn't recognize it).  Win10 auto found the right driver for it, so it's no longer even the trivial issue it was. 

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 23:13:48 »
Set my download region to Miami and it's updating and getting ready to launch

Also, so many updates.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 23:19:38 »
Yup. I was so excited to click [PLAY] but....

12 minute update.  :))

ohhh Bethesda.

edit: "Fallout 4 will now automatically detect your video settings and set them accordingly."
      "Your video settings have been set to Ultra High Quality."
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 November 2015, 23:32:13 by noisyturtle »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 04:57:54 »
I did a quicksave right as the 1st Deathclaw was charging me and I'm 150lbs overweight and my minigun was already empty. There is literally nothing I can do to escape the situation and have to do the entire museum part over again >:(

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 05:21:31 »
I did a quicksave right as the 1st Deathclaw was charging me and I'm 150lbs overweight and my minigun was already empty. There is literally nothing I can do to escape the situation and have to do the entire museum part over again >:(
rekt!!!  I'm headed to work but I'll be playing most of the day... I get posted at the offices today lol. Just sitting at desk for the next 12 hours  :p
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 05:55:46 »
For those who still haven't started, here's a list of all the spoken in-game names. Name your character any of these and some NPCs will call you by name... Princess Titties ****face.
http://hastebin.com/raw/ovayuyalej

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 06:06:40 »
Last time I pre-loaded something on steam I couldn't download it for 36 hours after release. Which ****ing sucked.

Good job I don't have the money to buy this straight away :P
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 08:51:18 »
I had to go with toecutter lol
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline pesky brat

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 09:09:46 »
I was thinking of picking up an xbox elite controller, until I realized it's win10 only :( They're really trying to push win10, and it's starting to irritate me.

It will definitely be Win7/8 compatible, not sure where you heard that.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller

Sorry, I meant to say the wireless dongle is Win10 only, which is one of the big appeals of upgrading from my wired 360 controller.

Actually, I think the button remapping software might be Win10 only too.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2015, 09:20:22 by pesky brat »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 09:15:57 »
The real question now is, should I buy fallout 4 or keep saving my money for Jane r2 and get F4 for Christmas? I think I may get fallout especially since I never got charged for the full tank of gas I got 5 days ago so I got a little extra than expected. :)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:53:33 »
I named my character Murdoch because I forgot it's spelled Murdock from the A-Team.  Sadly they can't say that name.

I spent so much time setting up my home base...only thing is, I have no clue how to get the power working.

And I found Power Armor and a Fat Boy already.  Part of me is now scared about what that says about the enemies.