Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 86417 times)

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 18:36:22 »
i broke into the science center and the Dr. started shooting me with no health. Game decides to autosave... i have no restore points and 21 hours in... everytime i load i die instantly GG

Playing on PC?  Can you use console commands to turn on god mode?

thats what i have to do, i was going the no cheats route. but i dont wanna lose my progress. The worst part is i didnt no breaking into places would cause hostility... i thought they just told you to GTFO
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Poostar

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 13:55:46 »
Main story line beat and i went with the BoS, level 42. Idiot savant perk is OP IMO i did not even find out about it till level 23. Game was fun, going to give it a few months and then play it through another time with mods on and go all melee. Something i also did pick up until late in the game, melee to me is OP. Still like fallout 3 the best.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 13:57:04 »
Main story line beat and i went with the BoS, level 42. Idiot savant perk is OP IMO i did not even find out about it till level 23. Game was fun, going to give it a few months and then play it through another time with mods on and go all melee. Something i also did pick up until late in the game, melee to me is OP. Still like fallout 3 the best.

I went with the Institute, planning on my next run going through with BoS. I'm still planning on doing all the quests before I restart with mods.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 14:02:25 »
Go to the Swan's Pond for super happy fun time. Close to Hallucinigen Inc. if you need help finding it.

edit: had wrong locations :P
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 November 2015, 14:09:57 by jerue »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 14:05:21 »
Go to the Swan's Pond for super happy fun time. Close to Hardwaretown and Diamond City if you need help finding it.

I'll have to check it out, coming back home for Thanksgiving break. I'll have 8 days off. ;D

Offline MagicSauce

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 14:47:34 »
I think I am going to have to lug my full tower to my parents house for this Thanksgiving weekend so I can really put some hours into this game

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #156 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 15:01:05 »
The Alien Pistol is such a kickass gun.

Offline MagicSauce

« Reply #157 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 22:41:18 »

Can't wait to find it.  Is the ammo tough to get?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #158 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 00:51:23 »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I watched the saucer crash, then went and had some fun.  It helped me kill a deathclaw I was trapped in a room with that would have probably ****ed me over otherwise.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #159 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 19:57:46 »
Still trying to find adhesive...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 20:27:18 »

I think the ammo you find with the blaster is all the ammo you get for it unfortunately, so use it sparingly.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 20:33:26 »

I think the ammo you find with the blaster is all the ammo you get for it unfortunately, so use it sparingly.

You can mod the ammo it takes and I don't think it takes a hit.

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 03:09:54 »
Appropriate mod for your typical GH user.
<nicolascagegif>
</nicolascagegif>
| ISO |

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 12:01:12 »
Has anyone had problems with serious input lag?

edit: messed with the .ini , I'll see if that fixes something
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 November 2015, 12:08:08 by hwood34 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 12:11:01 »
nope still ****ing broken

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 12:23:39 »

I have seen a ton of different threads/articles on how to fix issues related to Fallout 4 but haven't seen any specific to input lag.  Google would probably be your only hope here, on the chance that someone else is having similar issues.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 12:32:33 »
Has anyone had problems with serious input lag?

edit: messed with the .ini , I'll see if that fixes something

I haven't had input lag, but I did get some weird stuttering/lag the other day.  First time it's happened.

Chameleon armor is absolutely broken though.  Anything but a scope is unusable with it and there are so many issues with it and the Pip Boy that it's not even funny. 

Also, I should be ashamed of this, but I'm at level 24 and I only just visited Diamond City and still haven't been inside.

Offline Asininity

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 16:37:11 »

Make  your own, vegetable starch. You only need corn, muttfruit, tatos and purified water. I have a water farm that gets me a endless supply of purified water and I have large food farms as well.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 16:49:38 »

Make  your own, vegetable starch. You only need corn, muttfruit, tatos and purified water. I have a water farm that gets me a endless supply of purified water and I have large food farms as well.

just started doing this but now my resources score drastically outnumbers my defence score and I have no parts left  :'(

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #169 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 16:52:19 »

just started doing this but now my resources score drastically outnumbers my defence score and I have no parts left  :'(

Every toolbox will have some sort of item that provides adhesive, that's usually my first place to look for when needing some.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 17:06:09 »

Every toolbox will have some sort of item that provides adhesive, that's usually my first place to look for when needing some.

Yeah I'm doing the higher end armor and weapon mods and they all use up a crazy amount of adhesive

When I play later today I'll check how my adhesive farm is coming along

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 17:49:03 »

Yeah I'm doing the higher end armor and weapon mods and they all use up a crazy amount of adhesive

Oh ok yeah it does require a lot of adhesive. It tends to get a little expensive from the vendors but I usually make sure to buy them out of it.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 19:28:53 »

Oh ok yeah it does require a lot of adhesive. It tends to get a little expensive from the vendors but I usually make sure to buy them out of it.

Is this the raw shipments that they often carry? Those look crazy expensive and often times its must cheaper to buy junk from them that has the component in it

Offline MagicSauce

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 20:38:47 »
I never thought that building a settlement in this game would be so addicting. I wish you could defend them from large scale attacks with waves of enemies like those castle siege games

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 21:40:42 »

I have seen a ton of different threads/articles on how to fix issues related to Fallout 4 but haven't seen any specific to input lag.  Google would probably be your only hope here, on the chance that someone else is having similar issues.

Yeah, got it fixed. I had to sign up for FO4 betas (which the most recent Bethesda update to address crashing is under). So far no more problems

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 21:45:51 »

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 07:04:52 »
I've been having a ton of fun with this game. Between my girlfriend and I's two characters, we've put 173 hours into the game already - and there's still so much I haven't done yet.

Settlements are awesome, I'm currently setting up my home base on Spectacle Island. Gigantic area, and the idea of having an island fortress seems fun.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 12:26:31 »
I've been having a ton of fun with this game. Between my girlfriend and I's two characters, we've put 173 hours into the game already - and there's still so much I haven't done yet.

Settlements are awesome, I'm currently setting up my home base on Spectacle Island. Gigantic area, and the idea of having an island fortress seems fun.

Settlements are pretty cool but I wish they would get raided by bands of raiders or super mutants. I spent all this time building up a huge defense to never getting attacked once. I'm sure a mod will come out and make it a much better experience, the benefits of PC. :)

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 12:32:26 »

Settlements are pretty cool but I wish they would get raided by bands of raiders or super mutants. I spent all this time building up a huge defense to never getting attacked once. I'm sure a mod will come out and make it a much better experience, the benefits of PC. :)

I thought that they did get attacked?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 12:34:08 »

I've put in over 100 hours so far and have not got attacked once, I heard they would but when you get there some defenses were destroyed.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 12:39:38 »

I've put in over 100 hours so far and have not got attacked once, I heard they would but when you get there some defenses were destroyed.

Lame.  Looking online it appears that the frequency is completely random, and when they are attacked its not a very strong force which is pretty disappointing.  As you said though, it shouldn't be long before some mods come out to make attacks more frequent and stronger, which is definitely an advantage of having it on PC :)

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 16:24:12 »

Mine have been attacked a few times. It's not often, and they never attack with more than four or five people it seems like. So far only Raiders have directly attacked my settlements, but I do see marauding bands of Super Mutants around. When you kill them, they have a note with orders saying to raid.

The settlements have repeating quests as well - help, so and so was kidnapped, can you clear this Super Mutant/Raider camp, etc.

I look forward to mods adding stronger raids, and maybe some more variety. I'd like to see packs of deathclaws, or a Behemoth attacking my settlement.

I also look forward to mods that improve the general clunkyness of settlement building.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline Asininity

« Reply #182 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 20:50:14 »
There a base, I believe the Slog, that gets attacked by death claws. I've also had camps be attacked by super mutants. One time I had three settlements being attacked at once.

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #183 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 20:47:28 »

Also, I should be ashamed of this, but I'm at level 24 and I only just visited Diamond City and still haven't been inside.

Nonsense!  No reason to be ashamed, I finally made it there after about 25 hours of playtime.

Being a big baseball fan, although not so much a Redsox fan, Diamond City is pretty damn neat.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #184 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 20:55:13 »
So do people think the problems with this game have been over-hyped? Should I buy it or what?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #185 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 21:02:34 »
So do people think the problems with this game have been over-hyped? Should I buy it or what?

Depends on what kind of games you like

I personally think that Fallout is much more accessible than most games because it really gives you a lot of control over how you want to play it

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #186 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 21:04:19 »

I personally think that Fallout is much more accessible than most games because it really gives you a lot of control over how you want to play it

I meant more around the problems with models/graphics, but that's good to know as well.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #187 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 21:05:46 »

I meant more around the problems with models/graphics, but that's good to know as well.

I haven't had any major problems with the models or graphics
Doesn't look spectacular but I really don't mind

Offline Asininity

« Reply #188 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 21:12:42 »

In my 60 hours I've had two crashes. Fallout 4 is certainly the most stable Fallout (3, NV) release for the PC. Both the problems and bugs I've encountered have been minimal.

Offline vegs

« Reply #189 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 19:16:13 »

In my 60 hours I've had two crashes. Fallout 4 is certainly the most stable Fallout (3, NV) release for the PC. Both the problems and bugs I've encountered have been minimal.
Same here. I've experienced two or three crashes as well as a few bugs with entering/exiting terminals and power armors.
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #190 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 16:50:30 »
I'll just leave these here...

Oh Mama Murphy...you and your sights...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #191 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 16:55:19 »
So apparently you can get a fatman within two minutes of starting...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #192 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 17:05:46 »

Show Image

Show Image

Aww man, I always get a little bummed seeing Mama Murphy. Quite literally the first mission(s) I completed was killing her. I wanted all her tips on locations before setting out in the Wasteland so I just kept sleeping and giving her more drugs. Poor girl was dead inside of my first hour of playtime :(
Funny thing is I still had her chair quest which was forever uncompleteable due to not being able to turn it in, but apparently Bethesda patched that because after the last patch it disappeared from my quest log.
Too bad, she was the only NPC in the entire game who had a passable Boston accent.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #193 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 19:31:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

I've had Brahmin randomly appear in Sanctuary too

They are retarded...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #194 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 19:58:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

They are retarded...

If you fence them in and give them a feeding trough it improves happiness by a lot. If you let them wander around the settlement free it lowers happiness.
Or just kill them and take their meat and skin :))

Speaking of improving happiness, I am in the process of building a Synth Internment/Concentration camp on Spectacle Island and my now Synth-free settlements have never been more efficient!
And oddly enough - no more mysterious murders in the regular settlements, although the Synth-only island now has an over-abundance of equipment failures. I knew those dirty Synth's were trouble.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #195 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 20:02:00 »

Show Image

Show Image

They are retarded...

If you fence them in and give them a feeding trough it improves happiness by a lot. If you let them wander around the settlement free it lowers happiness.

Speaking of improving happiness, I am in the process of building a Synth Internment/Concentration camp on Spectacle Island and my now Synth-free settlements have never been more efficient!
And oddly enough - no more mysterious murders in the regular settlements, although the Synth-only island now has an over-abundance of equipment failures. I knew those dirty Synth's were trouble.

I don't even have any brahmin - its the one from that stupid trading lady that always shows up

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #196 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 20:41:19 »
I don't even have any brahmin - its the one from that stupid trading lady that always shows up

mmm. I like me some Trashcan Karla. Tons of materials in shipments...+ infinite cap glitch...fun fun fun.

Some more fun...I mean...bugs...

HAIIII, IT'S ME, THE GHOUL. Just takin' care of the manor. What's that, ya wanna kill me? Ya can't kill ME, sweetheart!

my companion Piper did actually complain when I tried to shoot it. "Find something else to target practice! Ugh. What a *****. Why did I romance her T_T

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #197 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 20:49:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

They are retarded...

I pissed that lady off the first time I talked to her so she wouldn't trade with me. I ended killing her and ditching her body behind one of the houses. :p

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #198 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 22:17:45 »

Show Image

Show Image

They are retarded...

I pissed that lady off the first time I talked to her so she wouldn't trade with me. I ended killing her and ditching her body behind one of the houses. :p

I don't think she will be living for much longer  :p

Offline vegs

« Reply #199 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 14:15:09 »

Currently at 42/50 achievements! Slowly getting there :cool:
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less