Author Topic: [IC] Andromeda: Ultra-High-End Sculpted TKL - GB Oct 24  (Read 172072 times)

Offline grimis

Re: [IC] Andromeda: Ultra-High-End Sculpted TKL - GB Oct 24
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 09:53:18 »
It’s been said from the start that it was designed around a silver board and beige keycaps.  Being surprised that it’s limited in color choices shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.  I personally don’t care about the PCB color.  It isn’t seen once built.

Where has that been said? I literally just went through the entire topic and there was no mention of that. He even posted pictures of a black proto...

Offline GMK83

« Reply #251 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 09:58:59 »
It’s been said from the start that it was designed around a silver board and beige keycaps.  Being surprised that it’s limited in color choices shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.  I personally don’t care about the PCB color.  It isn’t seen once built.

Where has that been said? I literally just went through the entire topic and there was no mention of that. He even posted pictures of a black proto...

Offline Juggy

« Reply #252 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 10:30:47 »

Show Image

Really, something from a few days ago...ok guy.

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #253 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 10:38:56 »
Are there any renders of the gray version?

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #254 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 11:28:48 »
This is honestly such a huge disappointment. I've been waiting on this since day one and even passing on other boards to have a $750 price tag and only silver/gray...I thought for sure there would at least be a black.

I think it's safe to say this one wasn't planned well and got away from designer at some point. :/

Your entitlement is a great encapsulation of what's wrong with this community. What about "ULTRA HIGH END" is hard to understand?

As for what you were waiting for/putting off and being disappointed with choices, here's your single comment in this thread prior to the above comment:

This looks great, in as well!

Not once did you express your desire for color of a keyboard. To say that this wasn't planned well is to completely disregard the time and effort put into this by ai03 and the eventual effort and time Upas will have to dedicate to fulfilling this.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #255 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 11:37:51 »
This is honestly such a huge disappointment. I've been waiting on this since day one and even passing on other boards to have a $750 price tag and only silver/gray...I thought for sure there would at least be a black.

I think it's safe to say this one wasn't planned well and got away from designer at some point. :/

Your entitlement is a great encapsulation of what's wrong with this community. What about "ULTRA HIGH END" is hard to understand?

As for what you were waiting for/putting off and being disappointed with choices, here's your single comment in this thread prior to the above comment:

Not once did you express your desire for color of a keyboard. To say that this wasn't planned well is to completely disregard the time and effort put into this by ai03 and the eventual effort and time Upas will have to dedicate to fulfilling this.
Too add to this, black and other darker colors were probably left out because they won't accentuate the sides as well as silver does.

Offline Juggy

« Reply #256 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 11:38:43 »

That literally makes no sense. Just because I liked the design and didn't state the color didn't mean I didn't have one in mind. As others have stated there were mock-ups shown in black, so I relied on that.

No I don't think that's what's wrong with the community. I think what's wrong with community is that real world market rules don't apply and we're expected to praise any and all work that is done. This isn't being done for fun, its being done for profit. So any work he put in, we are all grateful for, but there also has to be some accountability. Why does a "custom" board that is being sold for $750 offers almost 0 customizability other than picking between silver and gray. Why does it even cost that much to begin with? Break down the costs for us? Even in this non-sense market, explain to me how this will retain value over something like a Keycult, since its nearing that price tag with also a very limited supply?

Offline Starston3

« Reply #257 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 11:59:54 »

That literally makes no sense. Just because I liked the design and didn't state the color didn't mean I didn't have one in mind. As others have stated there were mock-ups shown in black, so I relied on that.

No I don't think that's what's wrong with the community. I think what's wrong with community is that real world market rules don't apply and we're expected to praise any and all work that is done. This isn't being done for fun, its being done for profit. So any work he put in, we are all grateful for, but there also has to be some accountability. Why does a "custom" board that is being sold for $750 offers almost 0 customizability other than picking between silver and gray. Why does it even cost that much to begin with? Break down the costs for us? Even in this non-sense market, explain to me how this will retain value over something like a Keycult, since its nearing that price tag with also a very limited supply?

At the end of the day it's up to the designer to decide what they want what they designed to look like. ai03 is very opinoated and if it doesn't appeal to everyone, it's fine there will be other that will like it and buy it. ai03 doesn't care about aftermarket value, nor should most people.

At the end of the day, do you like the 2 colour available? Yes? Then buy. No? can you cerakote or reannodize later? probably. Then buy it. If not, there aren't an lack of other TKLs being IC'd.

The designer doesn't owe anything to anyone, other than their vision of what they made. Once you bought it you can do whatever you want with it.

Offline GMK83

« Reply #258 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 12:02:57 »
This is pretty easy, let me break it down for you; he can price it at whatever he wants... capitalism.

Offline vi0till

« Reply #259 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 12:11:36 »
Did black proto even exist? iirc, only silver and grey proto.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Juggy

« Reply #260 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 12:30:42 »
Show Image

Yea, unless this is a really dark gray since I'm not sure pics of the gray were posted. In any case it is what it is. I was just expressing that I was looking forward to the black version of this for a long time and was disappointed. People have to jump with making stupid comments.

« Last Edit: Sun, 18 October 2020, 12:40:46 by Juggy »

Offline otakism

• Artifact
« Reply #261 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 12:52:49 »
It's mentioned in discord the deskeys batch will be moved to taobao due to high demand from China, is any information on how to join the taobao GB?

Offline grimis

« Reply #262 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 12:55:34 »

No, your comment is what's wrong with the community. Apparently having some criticism and disappointment = entitlement to you. That is backwards.

Offline vi0till

« Reply #263 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 13:02:09 »
It's mentioned in discord the deskeys batch will be moved to taobao due to high demand from China, is any information on how to join the taobao GB?
Will be announced

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #264 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 13:02:43 »

No, your comment is what's wrong with the community. Apparently having some criticism and disappointment = entitlement to you. That is backwards.

Critisism is one thing. Making a post about how poorly planned this is because *his* preferred color was not the chosen one is entitlement.

Offline aadk5

• AKA: feeebleminded
« Reply #265 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 13:09:15 »
Show Image

Yea, unless this is a really dark gray since I'm not sure pics of the gray were posted. In any case it is what it is. I was just expressing that I was looking forward to the black version of this for a long time and was disappointed. People have to jump with making stupid comments.

Show Image

Obviously I'm just assuming here, but I think this has to be the gray. The known options are silver with gray weight, and gray with silver weight. If you look at all the pictures of the silver board, the gray is quite dark, almost close to this. If you look at this picture, the weight inside is silver. So, again this is an assumption, I'm going to guess this is the gray

Offline grimis

« Reply #266 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 13:16:57 »

Critisism is one thing. Making a post about how poorly planned this is because *his* preferred color was not the chosen one is entitlement.

It has nothing to do with HIS colour. It's the fact that what we are presented as the final GB seems poorly planned and rushed. It's a $750 board with what is essentially zero options. It feels like something we'd get in a GB in 2016, not 2020.

I think these issues encapsulate everything that is wrong with this hobby honestly. We have a topic dedicated to being an interest check with no real info. Everything that has been stated about this board was in outside channels. So basically if you want to know the colours of the board or his intended design, or any other in depth info, the interest check isn't the place to be. That seems counter intuitive... The entire hobby is very poorly run and communicated in this regard. Not just ai03 but most GBs and interest checks. Some better than other . That's not entitlement, it's just the reality.

Is hoping that the interest check would be updated with relevant information such as colors and how it was intended to be designed really entitlement? It's the point of the damn post.

Does saying months ago that the board was designed to be Silver with beige keycaps, not mentioning it in this thread at all and then showing pictures of a black proto just months ago mean I'm entitled because I expected a black version? Come on....

Offline Juggy

« Reply #267 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 13:20:56 »

Because it clearly was, I'm not sure how you're not seeing that. This feels rushed to me, but to each their own. There is no true refinement here for $750, no choice of anything really for a "custom keyboard," plain pcb that looks worst than a cheap keyboard, cut-outs that overlap with switches, possible broken daughter ports, very limited quantity...I didn't want to go into all of this but seriously if anyone is entitled here are designers that expect all of you to eat up whatever is served.

Offline aadk5

« Reply #268 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 13:29:02 »

Because it clearly was, I'm not sure how you're not seeing that. This feels rushed to me, but to each their own. There is no true refinement here for $750, no choice of anything really for a "custom keyboard," plain pcb that looks worst than a cheap keyboard, cut-outs that overlap with switches, possible broken daughter ports, very limited quantity...I didn't want to go into all of this but seriously if anyone is entitled here are designers that expect all of you to eat up whatever is served.

Wow this IC thread is getting quite off topic with a lot of misinformation. The tabs overlapping the switches is exactly why you prototype, and what you saw gasp build was a prototype and will be changed I'm sure. Broken daughterboard happens to so many boards that uses daughterboards and that's not really anyone's fault; that's just what happens when you add things that could be potential points of failure. I'm sure they will test the boards that actually go to group buy to make sure the daughterboards work. Also, very limited quality is always a thing in keyboard group buys; the Duck Orion released yesterday also only had 100 units; the Iron 180 is also only 200 boards in the US vendor

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #269 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:02:09 »
Does saying months ago that the board was designed to be Silver with beige keycaps, not mentioning it in this thread at all and then showing pictures of a black proto just months ago mean I'm entitled because I expected a black version? Come on....

Did he ever say it was black though? Maybe he did, never saw the post. But if its the same as the photo posted just above this conversation it could be the grey that is also offered in the GB. Hard to tell from that photo.

Yeah, I am not down with the PCB either. Looks cheap at this price point. BUT, we also don't know if that is the final PCB since this was a prototype.. and the same goes for the rest of what you highlighted in your post. It's a bit of a double edged sword to show off a prototype, people will comment on every single detail even though its not final yet. But at the same time its hard for us consumers to know what to expect at the end.

Offline Rico

« Reply #270 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:06:44 »
Having designed two custom keyboards for my own needs I can tell that doing such work is very difficult to do right and very time consuming.
And there is a LOT of incredible work done in this one.
First this is a screwless, all curvy  keyboard, this complicates the design a lot.

As for the price of 750$ it does not look overpriced for what it is.
All these curves will take ages to CNC machine.
The weight is stainless steel, an expensive and very difficult to machine material. On top of that given its shape a big shunk have to be used and a lot of material have to be removed, adding to the cost.

I can understand the frustration of not having more color choices, but at the end it is the designer's choice and has nothing to do with rushing a GB.

Peace

Offline grimis

« Reply #271 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:10:30 »

Did he ever say it was black though? Maybe he did, never saw the post. But if its the same as the photo posted just above this conversation it could be the grey that is also offered in the GB. Hard to tell from that photo.

Yeah, I am not down with the PCB either. Looks cheap at this price point. BUT, we also don't know if that is the final PCB since this was a prototype.. and the same goes for the rest of what you highlighted in your post. It's a bit of a double edged sword to show off a prototype, people will comment on every single detail even though its not final yet. But at the same time its hard for us consumers to know what to expect at the end.

I mean, that photo ain't grey, so again, this is really just compounding the problems that are being raised here. And Apiary said the PCB is the final one....

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #272 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:18:00 »

Jesus your entitlement is outright disgusting.

Please. Feel free to design your own keyboard.
Then we'll see how "rushed" your **** will be.

You apparently have absolutely no ****ing clue what goes into making a keyboard like this.
How much time, money and sleepless nights a designer has to pour into a project like this for prototyping, solving problems and organizing stuff with vendors.

This was advertised as a "cost no object" keyboard and yet you are here, crying about the pricetag. Do you even hear yourself talking?

But yeah. I'm sure if you design a keyboard everything will be perfectly well planned out with 100 different color options right?
Please just leave this hobby already. Nodody wants entitled idiots like you here...  :-X

Offline tommyhongg

« Reply #273 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:21:47 »
Good Lord, people are losing their **** about color on an aluminum rectangle
Matrix Magic3 | Frog TKL

Offline LOLWK

« Reply #274 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:24:08 »
This board looks and sounds incredible.

I will definitely try to buy one. But i freaking hate cannonkeys storefront

Offline tommyhongg

« Reply #275 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:25:15 »

I have an idea, how about don't buy the thing?
Matrix Magic3 | Frog TKL

Offline tommyhongg

« Reply #276 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:25:42 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:27:14 by tommyhongg »
Matrix Magic3 | Frog TKL

Offline tommyhongg

« Reply #277 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:26:02 »
Matrix Magic3 | Frog TKL

Offline ai03

• I do not reply to PMs; contact me via website
    • Website
« Reply #278 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:26:51 »
Mirroring the info from Discord, which again is my main prioritized location for pushing updates and notifications:

As you may have seen on the Cannonkeys newsletter and/or Apiary stream, this board will be 750 USD with a 100 unit cap per vendor.
Laughably, a massive portion of the price tag is the sheer production cost from machining out such a design. Don't say that I didn't warn you regarding the price beforehand...

There will be two color configurations:
- Silver case, grey weight, black plate
- Grey case, silver weight, black plate
Both configurations will be of identical materials - aluminum case and plate, steel weight.

Cannonkeys will sell on their storefront via their usual rolling raffle system on October 24, 11:00AM Eastern time.
Due to massive demand from the CN market, the Deskeys batch will be sold through Taobao in FCFS fashion on October 25, 11:00AM Beijing time (12 hrs after CK's batch).

Neither vendor will be region-locked; feel free to purchase from whichever is more convenient.

The build guide will outline the correct assembly order for the keyboard when it is available. This will avoid problems with screwless mount point fitment seen in the stream.

One thing to note is that due to timezone differences, I may be asleep when these buys happen, so I may not be able to drop a "5 minutes until GB" announcement or whatnot.
Please consider this to be the last reliable notification from me regarding the board, and set your calendars/alarm clocks on your side for these times.

---

Doing the much-needed housekeeping akin to trying to fight a house fire without a sprinkler system:

I watched apiary build this board and for $750 I sure hope we don't get an ugly green PCB and gaskets we have to install our selves...
Production PCB will be black.
You have to install the gaskets yourself by default; however, you can use your personal slave labor instead as an upgrade option.

I ruled out black as an option from day 1 as it would not reflect the lighting properly and would kill the benefits of the design.
I think it's safe to say that uncontrolled speculation gets away from the design's intentions at some point.

Why does it even cost that much to begin with?
Machining cost and material cost. As simple as that.
Chop off the sculpted surfaces and downsize the weight, and watch price literally drop to half.

I suppose I am entitled indeed. Unfortunate that I must enforce upon you the existence of this thread which you could simply dismiss as not fitting your values and close for the sake of spending time doing something more worthwhile than replying to such a topic.

---

It pains my heart that the community which surrounds the hobby which I enjoy so much is the one which I despise the most.
It also disappoints me that I am not allowed to make what pleases me and to allow a purchasing option for those who wish to obtain a copy of it without coming under heavy criticism.
Alas, it is what it is.

« Last Edit: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:41:24 by ai03 »

Offline grimis

« Reply #279 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:33:15 »
If you ruled out black on day one, can you provide some insight into the proto picture you posted that looked black? Are we to assume that is the grey version? Because it looks black.... Is that how the grey version will look in real life, or does it not reflect how it will look? Because if that is how it will look I don't think anyone who wanted black will be disappointed with that.

Offline ai03

• Website
« Reply #280 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:35:42 »
If you ruled out black on day one, can you provide some insight into the proto picture you posted that looked black? Are we to assume that is the grey version? Because it looks black.... Is that how the grey version will look in real life, or does it not reflect how it will look? Because if that is how it will look I don't think anyone who wanted black will be disappointed with that.

Because gray, with dark lighting, contrasty lighting, special lighting, and all sorts of lighting, can appear as differing shades of grey, perhaps 50 shades of grey.
I highly recommend testing with a grey anodized piece of aluminum and photographing it in heavily varying lighting conditions to see the results.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #281 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:36:07 »
Make sure to copy the hater talking points here when this is 2K/trade for Irons on mechmarket. If you want a certain color, and you can buy 850$ worth of board, spare pcb, and shipping w colossal aftermarket pricing...you can get it anodized -any color you want- for a fraction of the price.

This is a cool board and im looking forward staring at the CK queue

Offline grimis

« Reply #282 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:41:27 »

Because gray, with dark lighting, contrasty lighting, special lighting, and all sorts of lighting, can appear as differing shades of grey, perhaps 50 shades of grey.
I highly recommend testing with a grey anodized piece of aluminum and photographing it in heavily varying lighting conditions to see the results.

I understand photographing things can be difficult. I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect with the grey version. Despite my criticisms and disappointment at colour choices, I fully intend to try and get in on this board. But I was learning towards silver over grey, unless this is almost like a charcoal grey which it looks like in the pictures.

Will you have more photos available before the GB?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #283 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:42:45 »
Lol. I love the assumption that if it's expensive, and custom, it has to have limitless color options for me. Or that protos should be flawless to me. Or that it should be tailored to me. Or that quantity should be unlimited for me. Or that it should be sold for a price and using a method that I should have no problem purchasing it.

Fresh people in this hobby have two options. Learn more and then make educated comments on the subject, or, stumble around like entitled idiots raging at the sky simply because it's above you.

In the end a designer can design or sell whatever he wants. Those who like what a designer makes and are willing to pay for it aren't "eating up whatever was served". They're making a choice like grown ass adults. Whining in a forum thread because you didn't personally get what you wanted while never even sharing your desires during months of interest checks... Time to grow up.

At least these latter people are still the minority. But they're hard to ignore when they divert discussion with their bile.

Offline ai03

• Website
« Reply #284 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:43:36 »
I understand photographing things can be difficult. I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect with the grey version. Despite my criticisms and disappointment at colour choices, I fully intend to try and get in on this board. But I was learning towards silver over grey, unless this is almost like a charcoal grey which it looks like in the pictures.

I highly recommend avoiding this GB if cannot be satisfied unless a certain shade of grey.
My prototype unit is currently on its way back following display at Maker Faire Tokyo, after which it will be quarantined for a while to disinfect thoroughly. Therefore, it is unlikely that I will be able to photograph the board before GB, especially in enough specific lighting conditions to convey to you the exact shade of the board through your monitor.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #285 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:47:26 »
Designed as a cost-no-object keyboard
Getting mad at price tag

:)
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline Vaiur

« Reply #286 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:48:15 »

It pains my heart that the community which surrounds the hobby which I enjoy so much is the one which I despise the most.
It also disappoints me that I am not allowed to make what pleases me and to allow a purchasing option for those who wish to obtain a copy of it without coming under heavy criticism.
Alas, it is what it is.

@Juggy
You should feel ****ing ashamed that these words coming from this person are pointed at people like you.
CB87:Sakabato Black/Red/Brass | Think6.5v2 Deep Ocean 1u | Alpine65 eWhite | Vega Grey | RAMA u80a SEQ2 Sage | Iron165 r2 Graphite | Mode80 Lotus | Geon Frog F12 Black | Keycult 2/65 Purple Unfinish | Geon F2-84 Black | JJW Cloudline Navy/Silver | Iron165 r2 PC Atomic Purple

Offline grimis

« Reply #287 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:49:09 »

I highly recommend avoiding this GB if cannot be satisfied unless a certain shade of grey.
My prototype unit is currently on its way back following display at Maker Faire Tokyo, after which it will be quarantined for a while to disinfect thoroughly. Therefore, it is unlikely that I will be able to photograph the board before GB, especially in enough specific lighting conditions to convey to you the exact shade of the board through your monitor.

I'll be avoiding it now due to your arrogance. Which ultimately won't matter in the end, but it's gross how slight criticism towards something results in this kind of response from not only community members, which I can expect, but the actual designers.

Imagine responding this way to someone who would like a bit more info before dropping $800 on a keyboard. Imagine getting upset that someone said this GB seems poorly planned when you won't even be able to show people when they are getting in one of two options you are providing.

Offline aadk5

« Reply #288 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:50:23 »

I'll be avoiding it now due to your arrogance. Which ultimately won't matter in the end, but it's gross how slight criticism towards something results in this kind of response from not only community members, which I can expect, but the actual designers.

Imagine responding this way to someone who would like a bit more info before dropping $800 on a keyboard. Imagine getting upset that someone said this GB seems poorly planned when you won't even be able to show people when they are getting in one of two options you are providing.

Nice, better chances for me and for anyone else who actually liked how the board is designed. What a concept, only buying something you actually like and not buying something if you don't like it

Offline tommyhongg

« Reply #289 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:50:36 »

KEKW?
Matrix Magic3 | Frog TKL

Offline MediocreTurtle

« Reply #290 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:50:41 »
How is discussion about the colors a thing? It's your own fault that you assumed that there will be x and y colors as it was clearly stated for the longest time "Colors: TBA".

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #291 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:50:47 »

I'm weak.

This thread is a gold mine
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline Juggy

« Reply #292 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:50:56 »

Jesus your entitlement is outright disgusting.

Please. Feel free to design your own keyboard.
Then we'll see how "rushed" your **** will be.

You apparently have absolutely no ****ing clue what goes into making a keyboard like this.
How much time, money and sleepless nights a designer has to pour into a project like this for prototyping, solving problems and organizing stuff with vendors.

This was advertised as a "cost no object" keyboard and yet you are here, crying about the pricetag. Do you even hear yourself talking?

But yeah. I'm sure if you design a keyboard everything will be perfectly well planned out with 100 different color options right?
Please just leave this hobby already. Nodody wants entitled idiots like you here...  :-X

You sound like a huge dbag. "my entitlement is outright disgusting," are you for real? I'm not even entitled I'm just raising real concerns here. People had to go on attack mode after a very simple criticism, and then they get hurt when I explain position. But let me tell you what, even if I was, this is a high priced luxury item, I expect the price tag to match the quality as a consumer. If I saw the same with any other item, including from big corporations I would say the same. Stop being a tool, not providing real feedback will only diminish the community. Don't be a yes man, its gross.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:55:29 by Juggy »

Offline Capsy

« Reply #293 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:51:37 »

I'm weak.

This thread is a gold mine
Tell me about it. So much copy pasta for the future.

« Reply #294 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:52:36 »
I've only bought from Cannonkeys for 30 day window GBs. How does the rolling raffle work?

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #295 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:54:22 »
I've only bought from Cannonkeys for 30 day window GBs. How does the rolling raffle work?
From my understanding, it works like how sneaker drops work.

You wait in a "waiting room", earlier = higher chance, and you sit and wait.

Offline upas

« Reply #296 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:55:21 »

We have a blog post about our custom checkout system here:
https://cannonkeys.com/blogs/updates/adelie-and-the-new-cannonkeys-release-system

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #297 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:57:14 »
Look, if you had
One shot, or one opportunity
To seize that keyboard you always wanted - one moment
Would you captcha it? Or just let it slip?

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, wallet empty
There's vomit on his keyset already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
To drop money, but he keeps on forgetting the time he wrote down
The whole channel goes so loud
He opens the page, but the images won't load out
He's choking, how? Everybody's checking out
The stock's run out, time's up, over, blaow!
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #298 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 14:58:32 »
You sound like a huge dbag. "my entitlement is outright disgusting," are you for real? I'm not even entitled I'm just raising real concerns here. But let me tell you what, even if I was this is a high priced luxury item, I expect the price tag to match the quality as a consumer. If I saw the same with any other item, including from big corporations I would say the same. Stop being a tool, not providing real feedback will only diminish the community. Don't be a yes man, its gross.

"Raising real concerns"...
Calling the groupbuy "rushed", "not well planned" while you have absolutely zero ****ing knowledge about what kind of work goes into a design and groupbuy like this is exactly that. Entitlement.

"even if I was this is a high priced luxury item, I expect the price tag to match the quality"
Yeah and you absolutely know the quality of this board right? Jesus...

cut-outs that overlap with switches
Apparently you are even to stupid to understand how a screwless case design works...  :confused:

Also:
Lol. I love the assumption that if it's expensive, and custom, it has to have limitless color options for me. Or that protos should be flawless to me. Or that it should be tailored to me. Or that quantity should be unlimited for me. Or that it should be sold for a price and using a method that I should have no problem purchasing it.
Entitlement.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:00:29 by elmo »

Offline trg1234

« Reply #299 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:00:27 »

something something MONUMENTAL MISTAKE