Author Topic: Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid Stealth and QuickFire XT  (Read 59836 times)

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
Re: Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid Stealth and QuickFire XT
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 20:15:06 »
Guys I do apologize for me not being on here much. Super slammed with CES and trying to get everything back. I will double confirm arrival for brown switch as I have not been able to look at the forecast in a couple weeks. Will let everyone know tomorrow.

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread but if you can let us know when QuickFire XT is coming that would be great too  :D

Doing my best to push schedule but looking like late april.

Stealth will be out in about a month.

Quote from Carter from the QuickFire TK thread  :P

===================================================================================

On another note CM Storm is taking over the best "bang for buck" mechanical keyboard throne.

Tenkeyless:  CM Storm QuickFire Rapid > Leopold

Full Size:  CM Storm QuickFire XT > Das Keyboard (Old Model) > Rosewill

Ducky is still the king of backlit mechanical keyboard though  :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 January 2013, 20:21:03 by Hyde »

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 20:18:32 »
Sweet hopefully they come out in Australia at around the same time :)

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 21:18:37 »
Guys I do apologize for me not being on here much. Super slammed with CES and trying to get everything back. I will double confirm arrival for brown switch as I have not been able to look at the forecast in a couple weeks. Will let everyone know tomorrow.

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread but if you can let us know when QuickFire XT is coming that would be great too  :D

===================================================================================

On another note CM Storm is taking over the best "bang for buck" mechanical keyboard throne.

Inb4 new Cooler Master backlit full size and TKL line.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Deekin

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 16:46:45 »

Inb4 new Cooler Master backlit full size and TKL line.

I thought that would actually be Filcos new thing to add on their boards.

Offline XTF

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 17:56:18 »
If only it came with a context menu key... :(

Offline Truday

• Grunt Life
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 21:55:26 »
Nope, all current QFR's come without the logo, logos are placed on the rear of the keyboard, this is the case with all new batches not just the reds + Alt problems solder are fixed too.

Not entirely true... I bought 2x CM QFR w/ Reds (both unbranded) and 1 of them had issues with the left alt key not working within a a couple weeks. Sending it back for replacement. No problems with my other one with reds or my QFR with Blues.

-Truday
Currently own:
Noppoo Choc Mini Noppoo Choc Mini, CM QuickFire TK,CM QuickFire Rapid
CM QuickFire Rapid

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 18:04:11 »

FC700R has PBT keycaps, but yeah... it's also more expensive.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 18:56:59 »
Nope, all current QFR's come without the logo, logos are placed on the rear of the keyboard, this is the case with all new batches not just the reds + Alt problems solder are fixed too.

Not entirely true... I bought 2x CM QFR w/ Reds (both unbranded) and 1 of them had issues with the left alt key not working within a a couple weeks. Sending it back for replacement. No problems with my other one with reds or my QFR with Blues.

-Truday

Yes, it is in fact, entirely true. All NEW BATCHES have this issue fixed. This does not mean that there are not keyboards from the known defective batches still in the channel - we actually know quite well that there are. That's just how retail and warehousing works. Since the defect didn't affect even 25% of the batch, it's much more efficient for vendors and Cooler Master to only replace the boards that do fail since the overwhelming majority of them actually won't fail. If they do a recall of a batch with 90% good / 10% bad, well, they just threw away thousands and thousands of perfectly good keyboards which means you end up paying more.
So really what matters is that Cooler Master is owning up to the problem and standing behind their product.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline Torious

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 17:29:02 »

Yeah, the XT looks like a must-have for me, except for this. I guess it's impossible to remap "right" win key without affecting "left" win key? :(

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 18:23:05 »
If they're making these with greens I may have to pick up a stealth, I love side printed keys.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 19:52:40 »

Yeah, the XT looks like a must-have for me, except for this. I guess it's impossible to remap "right" win key without affecting "left" win key? :(

It's not, actually. I'd have to find my notes, can't remember if they're identical or separate. But either way, Windows GUI and Context Keys are completely separate scancodes (both USB and Set2) so it shouldn't be an issue. The bigger problem would be the layout change. Personally I've always preferred replacing left Win with the Function key but that's just me, it seems. Well, and Thermaltake.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline Torious

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 20:28:39 »
Yeah, I was under the impression there's only a single scancode for the win key, but there are actually 2 separate codes for "left" and "right" versions. So remapping the right win key to the context menu key (or anything else) shouldn't be a problem!

Offline ishumprod

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 20:40:37 »
dead link, do you have a copy?
home-made TKL rubber dome keyboard !

Offline Rafen

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 20:42:19 »
dead link, do you have a copy?

Seems to be working for me.

Offline ishumprod

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 21:08:37 »
argh , weird , the webside doesn't even show off, i have a blank page
home-made TKL rubber dome keyboard !

Offline pochiko

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 21:48:03 »
Just to make sure, is the one who make QFR Stealth is Costar?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 22:07:31 »

probably... I think it's obvious to CM at this point that if they deviate form Costar,, people would just straight "NOT BUY"..

Offline Truday

• Grunt Life
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 22:24:38 »
Yeah I agree with you pochiko. After spending an insane amount of money of finding the right mech keyboard for me, Costar is definitely the best OEM out there. Of course it's my opinion but I'm sure many people here at GH will agree with me. Made to be durable and just flat out feels amazing to type on compared to other OEM's. I've tried all the cherry mx flavors on QFR's and it just feels so much better even compared to the CM TK, Ducky Shine II 9087 or the Noppoo Choc Mini. Right now I have 4x QFR's and well I guess I will be spending more money on the stealths when they come out. Might try and limit myself to 1 but it will be very difficult. ;D :))

If it ain't broke and people like it, don't change it.

-Truday
Currently own:
Noppoo Choc Mini Noppoo Choc Mini, CM QuickFire TK,CM QuickFire Rapid
CM QuickFire Rapid

Offline Hyde

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 00:46:20 »

probably... I think it's obvious to CM at this point that if they deviate form Costar,, people would just straight "NOT BUY"..

lol yeah it's not a choice for them at this point.  At least for the QuickFire Rapid based models  :P

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 01:07:54 »
Quickfire TK isn't Costar i don't think..

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 12:09:14 »

Left and right Meta/Win/whatever definitely return different keycodes, at least on my keyboards.

Offline noons

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 20:56:07 »
Sorry to bump an old thread, but any idea when these are coming? Figured they would be out by now :(
Tofu65 Turquoise Tealios | Drop ALT LP Alpacas | 2X Leopold FC750R MX Brown | KUL MX Brown w/Cherry Stab MOD | Leopold FC660C BLANK | REALFORCE 87U 45G | HHKB PRO2 | Leopold TKL MX RED | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX BLUE

Offline Sai

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 20:58:02 »
Sorry to bump an old thread, but any idea when these are coming? Figured they would be out by now :(

see reply from CM Rep

I wanna say mid-March... please don't hold me to this - anything can happen when things are being shipped from across the globe.
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Hyde

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 21:01:35 »
Yeah I was wondering what happened too.  Figure they would at least update the website or something by now  >____>

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 11:12:03 »
Websites only get updated when the product is in.. we don't really provide ETAs because of how many things can factor into a delivery.
As soon as it hits our inventory, I'll give you guys an update on where to buy, etc.
Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline missalaire

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 11:15:49 »
Websites only get updated when the product is in.. we don't really provide ETAs because of how many things can factor into a delivery.
As soon as it hits our inventory, I'll give you guys an update on where to buy, etc.

Will the Quickfire Rapid Stealth be available in MX Greens outside of the CM Store?
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 12:41:00 »
All depends on customers and if they want to SKU it up... the quantity usually isnt large enough for a rare switch. As we educate more and more end users, the retailers/e-tailers will come on board.
Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline OnTheBrink

• Work Hard. Play Harder.
    • Wired In Store
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 13:15:48 »
All I see is a tacky backlit model and a Filco design rip off.

Ducky fo' life. If I get a Costar stabilizer it will be WASD V2

Offline missalaire

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 13:22:28 »
All depends on customers and if they want to SKU it up... the quantity usually isnt large enough for a rare switch. As we educate more and more end users, the retailers/e-tailers will come on board.

Ah, well, here's to hoping Amazon will carry the Quickfire Rapid Stealth with greens.

Haters gonna hate.

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 13:33:18 »

Ah, well, here's to hoping Amazon will carry the Quickfire Rapid Stealth with greens.

Haters gonna hate.

Indeed.

Offline OnTheBrink

• Wired In Store
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 14:52:52 »

Haters gonna hate.

An unfavorable opinion ≠ hate.

The (miss)overuse of this word is extremely irritating.

Haters gonna hate.

Indeed.

This makes me curious as to how far objective/honest feedback gets with you all.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 19:47:10 »

How is Ducky not a tacky backlit model AND a Filco design rip off?  And WASD V2 will also have backlit and is based off Costar designs.  If anything Filco and QuickFire models can't really be considered a ripoff because it's from the same OEM.

As far as objective/honest feedback, I think it's fine but maybe it's the way you word things that turn people off.  Could've expressed the same opinion in a more constructive manner.

Though I am pretty excited that CM Storm is coming up with a Costar backlit keyboard.  Currently only Mionix Zibal 60 is Costar backlit but it ony has MX Black so it's good that CM Storm is bringing out more options  :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 March 2013, 20:04:56 by Hyde »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 09 March 2013, 09:08:30 »
QFR Stealth certainly does look like a clone of Filco's ninja tenkeyless keyboard. It'd be hypocritical to deny that. I'm glad there's more competition, but honestly, I'm not sure what to think about CM Storm right now. Looking at BS' non-clicky QF rant, and comparing the new QFR Stealth and Filco, I feel like they're trying to be something like Keycool are to Leopold (Keycool 87 is just a Leopold ripoff after all). On the other hand, plans for the new gaming ergonomic keyboard make me excited.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 09 March 2013, 15:55:02 »
Mmmmm I guess I'll admit the CM QuickFire Stealth does look almost identical to Filco Ninja.  That I won't deny it.  But at the same time it doesn't feel like side printed keycap is an idea original enough that no one shall not copy it ever again.

It's kind of like using chiclet style keyboard on laptops, it's the trend these days everyone's doing it.  I guess you can argue that everyone's copying Apple but I guess in the industry as long something sells and is profitable then they'll make it.

In this case I feel like CM Storm is slowly covering all bases with the QuickFire Rapid line up.  Which is a good thing because they know it will sell.  So far they've covered budget tenkeyless with good quality.  Now they're going for side printed keycaps then full size models then later on backlit models.

So some might argue it's unoriginal but as long people are buying it and is happy with it then they'll keep making it  :)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 09 March 2013, 16:51:59 »
It's kind of like using chiclet style keyboard on laptops, it's the trend these days everyone's doing it.  I guess you can argue that everyone's copying Apple but I guess in the industry as long something sells and is profitable then they'll make it.

How did it start? With most companies just copying Apple. Only Lenovo came with something innovative (or at least different from just mostly cheap ripoffs), their keycaps on chicklet keyboards are profiled.

Offline OnTheBrink

• Wired In Store
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 01:37:03 »
It's not just the keys, but the case design, stabilizers and inside. They saw a way to profit on something by duplicating something already known to be favorable. They did not evolve or innovate. Then they create another board that is backlit that is extremely tacky looking. And no, not because it is backlit. But it's case design is ugly and looks nowhere near as sleek as Leopold or other white board styles. The white case looks like the shape of a Filco also and the only thing they seem to have added themselves was big ugly tacky status lights. I am not sure if you do not know the meaning of the word (not being rude) but a backlit option doesn't mean it is tacky. Another perfect example of tacky would be the extreme over branding on previous models.

Also, Ducky's case looks nothing like a Filco, not to mention they seem to be ahead of the curve when it comes to responding to feedback and innovating. The community complained about its quality so their new line is stellar. The community likes PBT, so they make thick PBT with backlight friendly legends, they experiment with boards (multi switch), limited edition lines, options and not to mention their case is logo free and their own design. Ducky doesn't even use Costar stabilizers so I have no idea why you are saying it copies Filco. Your reply just seems like you are extremely biased.

Oh, and before calling me a fanboy, remember I am just addressing your comments about Ducky.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 March 2013, 01:40:54 by OnTheBrink »

Offline OnTheBrink

• Wired In Store
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 01:45:52 »
Mmmmm I guess I'll admit the CM QuickFire Stealth does look almost identical to Filco Ninja.  That I won't deny it.  But at the same time it doesn't feel like side printed keycap is an idea original enough that no one shall not copy it ever again.

In this case I feel like CM Storm is slowly covering all bases with the QuickFire Rapid line up.  Which is a good thing because they know it will sell.  So far they've covered budget tenkeyless with good quality.  Now they're going for side printed keycaps then full size models then later on backlit models.

So some might argue it's unoriginal but as long people are buying it and is happy with it then they'll keep making it  :)

Your first post you disagree with me, then someone else agrees with me and your next post sounds like you are agreeing with me now?

Stop contradicting yourself.

Offline Demofly

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 01:54:43 »
I really like cooler masters new cases in this article. The microATX case fitting a 240mm rad is awesome. If you removed the hard drive cage you could fit a pump in there and everything.
i5 2300 - 7870Ghz - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 21.5" Acer 1080p
HPE 87 MX Brown + Ducky PBT (purchased from Flip!) | Ducky 1087XM Xiang Min Black ALPS clones.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 17:04:08 »
Your first post you disagree with me, then someone else agrees with me and your next post sounds like you are agreeing with me now?

lol I never contradict myself and I never agreed with you.  I never deny that CM Storm Quickfire Stealth look like their Filco counterpart.  I did state that CM Storm QuickFire Rapid, Filco, and Rosewill keyboards are all OEM by Costar so it's natural to see similarities between the keyboards and sometimes it's more cost effective this way.  And at least they did change  a few things to make it look different between the models unlike iOne/XArmor/Monoprice/Max Keyboard/QPad in which case that all their keyboards look the same.  In the case of WASD Keyboard basically it's the same deal with Thermaltake MEKA G1 and Mionix Zibal 60 because they're all made from Costar as well.  Leopold also look like Filco because it's designed by the same designer that left Filco to join Leopold.

I'm not a CM fanboy or anything nor do I dislike Ducky.  But saying "Ducky looks nothing like a Filco" is a bit far fetched, Ducky is basically a Filco that adds extra 4 keys to the top right and backlit LED and media buttons and window lock.  Although I'd give it to you that WASD V2 does change their case design so it will look different than other brands and they added a few of their own unique features.

Ducky:

Filco:

CM Storm QuickFire Rapid XT:

I don't know why you'd think Ducky is vastly different and better looking than the other two but in my opinion they're very similar.  If you dislike the standalone Caps/Scroll/Num Lock indicator light on Filco and CM Storm then I'll let you know that it's a personal preference, I actually prefer having a standalone indicator on the side over in the key switch.  I also prefer Costar stabilizer over Cherry stabilizer, but that's a preference too not saying it's better or worse.  However if you're talking about the white one from the pictures then fine I'll give you that about being tacky, but it's actually a modified CM Storm Trigger and CM Storm QuickFire Pro and that's a one off show model and they're not making it so I wouldn't worry about it.  Plus this thread is called "Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid Stealth and QuickFire XT" so I'd assume this is the product in question.  The CM rep did state that they'll come out with the backlit model of the QuickFire XT named QuickFire XTL.  I don't have a picture yet but I'd assume it will identical to the XT but backlit, in which case I'd assume it will look similar to Ducky also so I don't know what's the hate all about.

Also I do admit Ducky has been trying a lot of new stuff and listen to their customer base.  But so does CM Storm.  Why do you think they removed the branding?  Also why do you think they come up with MX Green models?  Why are they making QuickFire XT if they already have QuickFire Pro?  Why do they want to experiment with a 96 key layout like TK?

But anyway I don't want to further ruin this thread with all the negative energy going on.  I'd rather stay on topic and talk about the features and when this product will come out.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 March 2013, 17:08:28 by Hyde »

Offline OnTheBrink

• Wired In Store
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 19:50:16 »

lol I never contradict myself and I never agreed with you.  I never deny that CM Storm Quickfire Stealth look like their Filco counterpart.  I did state that CM Storm QuickFire Rapid, Filco, and Rosewill keyboards are all OEM by Costar so it's natural to see similarities between the keyboards and sometimes it's more cost effective this way.  And at least they did change  a few things to make it look different between the models unlike iOne/XArmor/Monoprice/Max Keyboard/QPad in which case that all their keyboards look the same.  In the case of WASD Keyboard basically it's the same deal with Thermaltake MEKA G1 and Mionix Zibal 60 because they're all made from Costar as well.  Leopold also look like Filco because it's designed by the same designer that left Filco to join Leopold.

I'm not a CM fanboy or anything nor do I dislike Ducky.  But saying "Ducky looks nothing like a Filco" is a bit far fetched, Ducky is basically a Filco that adds extra 4 keys to the top right and backlit LED and media buttons and window lock.  Although I'd give it to you that WASD V2 does change their case design so it will look different than other brands and they added a few of their own unique features.

Ducky:
(Attachment Link)
Filco:
(Attachment Link)
CM Storm QuickFire Rapid XT:
(Attachment Link)

I don't know why you'd think Ducky is vastly different and better looking than the other two but in my opinion they're very similar.  If you dislike the standalone Caps/Scroll/Num Lock indicator light on Filco and CM Storm then I'll let you know that it's a personal preference, I actually prefer having a standalone indicator on the side over in the key switch.  I also prefer Costar stabilizer over Cherry stabilizer, but that's a preference too not saying it's better or worse.  However if you're talking about the white one from the pictures then fine I'll give you that about being tacky, but it's actually a modified CM Storm Trigger and CM Storm QuickFire Pro and that's a one off show model and they're not making it so I wouldn't worry about it.  Plus this thread is called "Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid Stealth and QuickFire XT" so I'd assume this is the product in question.  The CM rep did state that they'll come out with the backlit model of the QuickFire XT named QuickFire XTL.  I don't have a picture yet but I'd assume it will identical to the XT but backlit, in which case I'd assume it will look similar to Ducky also so I don't know what's the hate all about.

Also I do admit Ducky has been trying a lot of new stuff and listen to their customer base.  But so does CM Storm.  Why do you think they removed the branding?  Also why do you think they come up with MX Green models?  Why are they making QuickFire XT if they already have QuickFire Pro?  Why do they want to experiment with a 96 key layout like TK?

But anyway I don't want to further ruin this thread with all the negative energy going on.  I'd rather stay on topic and talk about the features and when this product will come out.

I made numerous mentions as to why the Ducky is vastly different. Also, in regards to your pictures, just because they are both black and full legnth does not make them alike. As a matter of fact, the very same pictures you linked, you can clearly see the difference. When you Vs. that full sized with the Storm, you can see how similar they are. Also, lets not forget about texture. The texture of the cases are different on Duckys, they have no status lights (as seen on the Storm and Filco you posted) but on the keys, the legend font is different, heck, even the keys are better and different material on the Ducky.

But lets take another step back and be objective here and really examine the cases since you want to make picture comparisons. If you have owned one and the other, you would clearly not need to me to explain this:

It boils down to this. Take off the Filco logo, take off the CM Storm logo and put the three in a room with a Ducky. You will not be able to tell the Storm from a Filco, but you will spot the Ducky instantly.

I wish you would read my whole post so I didn't have to say this again but; notification lights on the keys, Cherry Stabilizers, better ABS keys, different case texture, different case design... you can clearly see how much different Ducky is from a Filco. So, I stand by my statement, Ducky is nothing like a Filco in more regards than one.

And by the way, you said in your most recent post that you never agreed with me and then state you never siad a CM storm didn't look like a Filco. That means you agree with me......

Please, swallow your pride and take a step back. You are wrong.

P.S. Oh, and no... you don't get to make your point in the form of a wall of text full of lackluster repetition, then end the discussion on a false sense of nobility.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 March 2013, 19:58:08 by OnTheBrink »

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 19:56:13 »
wow that cm xt is almost exactly like a flico.

Ill probably pick up a stealth though, looks like another quality keyboard.

Offline sonypete

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 20:07:10 »
And by the way, you said in your most recent post that you never agreed with me and then state you never siad a CM storm didn't look like a Filco. That means you agree with me......

OnTheBrink, to end your rant like that shows very little maturity. This is not some math equation that he added up wrong. The subject matter is not as black and white as your trying to lead everyone to believe. To believe your opinion is the only correct one is "wrong" sir.

On a positive note, I look like to see CM pushing the market the way it does. At the end of the day it benefits us the consumers in both prices and quality. :)

- Pete

Offline OnTheBrink

• Wired In Store
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 21:29:04 »

OnTheBrink, to end your rant like that shows very little maturity. This is not some math equation that he added up wrong. The subject matter is not as black and white as your trying to lead everyone to believe. To believe your opinion is the only correct one is "wrong" sir.

On a positive note, I look like to see CM pushing the market the way it does. At the end of the day it benefits us the consumers in both prices and quality. :)

- Pete

You seriously created an account to reply to this thread? I don't need to spell it out to say what this looks like.

Also, what I said was not immature nor was it a rant--it was a reply. He goes on trying to argue a point sounding extremely ignorant. Not to mention in various points he contradicts himself and disagrees just for the sake of doing so. He does so in a manner that seems very fan boy esque.

Oh, before you jump down my throat about the ignorant comment, the word is not as insulting as people insinuate. I have been ignorant plenty of times and when people tend to spend money or support a brand, they tend to allow that to cloud their judgement disallowing themselves the ability to learn truthful information that is unfavorable to their point of view. I think he is allowing his opinion about what these new line of keyboards might mean for good quality, budget mechanicals to interfere with the fact that they are re-branded knock offs.

But just to set the record straight, I think Filcos are overpriced and over-hyped as well. So when I see another company ripping the design, I am "meh" about it. Because I don't like Filco to begin with. To me, the wrong brand sets the bar.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 21:53:03 »
It boils down to this. Take off the Filco logo, take off the CM Storm logo and put the three in a room with a Ducky. You will not be able to tell the Storm from a Filco, but you will spot the Ducky instantly.

I wish you would read my whole post so I didn't have to say this again but; notification lights on the keys, Cherry Stabilizers, better ABS keys, different case texture, different case design... you can clearly see how much different Ducky is from a Filco. So, I stand by my statement, Ducky is nothing like a Filco in more regards than one.

I did read your entire post and I'm saying for the "most part" they look similar.  Also if your argument is that you're not buying this keyboard because it's a Filco clone then I don't know what to say.  Because clearly Filco and CM Storm makes quality keyboards so even if it's a clone then I don't see what the issue is.

However it looks like you want to play the elitist game then I guess I'll explain the difference between Filco and a CM Storm QuickFire XT.  The keycaps feels different, the font is different, QuickFire XT has media keys and window lock while Filco doesn't, Filco has textured plastic case and QuickFire XT has rubberized case, QuickFire XT has detachable cable with 3 directional routing grooves at the bottom while Filco does not, Filco's prop up leg has rubber pad and QuickFire XT does not, QuickFire XT has a FN key to access media functions while Filco only has the menu key, QuickFire XT has a red plate while Filco has black plate, Filco has red double layer PCB and QuickFire XT has green single layer PCB, and Filco cost around $150 QuickFire XT will cost between $85-90 (estimated).

So like sonypete says this is not a subject matter that has a clear black and white answer but I guess if you want to be so picky about things then no Filco and CM Storm QuickFire XT are two completely different keyboards.

As for the indicator light on keyswitch vs at the top right corner and cherry stabilizer vs costar stabilizer.  I did notice the difference but in my last post I mentioned those are personal preference.  Having either doesn't make a keyboard better or worse.  So it doesn't make a compelling argument why you'd prefer Ducky over Filco or CM Storm.  Unless you'd get it just because it's "different" then sure I got nothing against that.

lol and no I don't have a sense of false nobility I just don't get what your beef is with this keyboard.  And to be honest I'd rather we get back on topic so I can enjoy reading about news about this keyboard.

lol yupe that's what I was saying, not that I'm a CM fanboy but for the price and quality, CM is hard to beat at this point.

EDIT:  Ok I see your new post now, so I guess you just don't like Filco to begin with then in that case it's fine.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 March 2013, 21:55:34 by Hyde »

Offline sonypete

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 22:02:58 »
OnTheBrink you can check my join date, it was several weeks back.

I've been roaming around geekhack for quite awhile. I just never bothered to actually register uptill a few weeks ago. *shrugs*

Like I said before, the options, prices, and quality of the keyboards that CM is pushing out is only beneficial to us as consumers. Their actions indirectly push the keyboard industry in a positive directions as far as consumers are concerned.

- Pete

Offline joules

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 01:54:05 »
The XT looks good.
Prefer the CM logo over a windows logo though!!!

Offline garyd9

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 10:15:51 »
The new keyboards look interesting to me.  If they are "just clones", that's perfectly okay.  Perhaps it'll encourage Filco to find more distribution channels in the US.  Either way, as long as the quality is decent, I couldn't care less who copies what or why...  I benefit when the keyboards are actually available for sale and the price is lower.

Take care
Gary

Offline OnTheBrink

• Wired In Store
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 10:24:29 »

I did read your entire post and I'm saying for the "most part" they look similar.  Also if your argument is that you're not buying this keyboard because it's a Filco clone then I don't know what to say.  Because clearly Filco and CM Storm makes quality keyboards so even if it's a clone then I don't see what the issue is.

However it looks like you want to play the elitist game then I guess I'll explain the difference between Filco and a CM Storm QuickFire XT.  The keycaps feels different, the font is different, QuickFire XT has media keys and window lock while Filco doesn't, Filco has textured plastic case and QuickFire XT has rubberized case, QuickFire XT has detachable cable with 3 directional routing grooves at the bottom while Filco does not, Filco's prop up leg has rubber pad and QuickFire XT does not, QuickFire XT has a FN key to access media functions while Filco only has the menu key, QuickFire XT has a red plate while Filco has black plate, Filco has red double layer PCB and QuickFire XT has green single layer PCB, and Filco cost around $150 QuickFire XT will cost between $85-90 (estimated).

So like sonypete says this is not a subject matter that has a clear black and white answer but I guess if you want to be so picky about things then no Filco and CM Storm QuickFire XT are two completely different keyboards.

As for the indicator light on keyswitch vs at the top right corner and cherry stabilizer vs costar stabilizer.  I did notice the difference but in my last post I mentioned those are personal preference.  Having either doesn't make a keyboard better or worse.  So it doesn't make a compelling argument why you'd prefer Ducky over Filco or CM Storm.  Unless you'd get it just because it's "different" then sure I got nothing against that.

lol and no I don't have a sense of false nobility I just don't get what your beef is with this keyboard.  And to be honest I'd rather we get back on topic so I can enjoy reading about news about this keyboard.

lol yupe that's what I was saying, not that I'm a CM fanboy but for the price and quality, CM is hard to beat at this point.

EDIT:  Ok I see your new post now, so I guess you just don't like Filco to begin with then in that case it's fine.

Again, you are missing my point. The only reason I mentioned Ducky's differences was because you said it looks like a Filco...

You are labeling differences with the CT Storm and Filco when we both agree they look extremely similar.

Stop arguing with yourself.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 13:55:21 »
http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/stealth/

CM Updated website !!!

Hopefully this will be out at retail store soon  :D

Offline aesthetics1

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 17:30:49 »
http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/stealth/

CM Updated website !!!

Hopefully this will be out at retail store soon  :D

Nice. Is there an ETA for this thing?
Home: Filco Majestouch TKL MX Red | Work: Ducky Shining (Blue LED) MX Black | Collection: CM Quickfire Rapid MX Red