Author Topic: Can someone help me with my keyboard?  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Sotiwen

Can someone help me with my keyboard?
« on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 11:51:08 »
I have a motospeed ck104 but from one day to the next a complete row stopped working and I don't know what can be :-[

Offline Findecanor

Re: Can someone help me with my keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 12:21:49 »
A group of keys not working sounds to me like a hardware error: a bad connection to a row or column in the keyboard matrix. It could be a bad soldering joint or a short somewhere on the circuit board.
Keyboards take a lot of beating, so it is not too unusual (especially with cheaper mechanical keyboards) that a soldering joint that wasn't perfect to begin with could break loose.

First, I would look into a warranty replacement.
If it is out of warranty, you could open the case and look around. I would look especially at the legs of the biggest chip: if there is a "bridge" of solder between pins or if a pin is loose.
If one of those is the case then someone with a soldering iron and knowledge of surface-mounted components should be able to fix that for you.

Offline Sotiwen

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 16:00:41 »
A group of keys not working sounds to me like a hardware error: a bad connection to a row or column in the keyboard matrix. It could be a bad soldering joint or a short somewhere on the circuit board.
Keyboards take a lot of beating, so it is not too unusual (especially with cheaper mechanical keyboards) that a soldering joint that wasn't perfect to begin with could break loose.

First, I would look into a warranty replacement.
If it is out of warranty, you could open the case and look around. I would look especially at the legs of the biggest chip: if there is a "bridge" of solder between pins or if a pin is loose.
If one of those is the case then someone with a soldering iron and knowledge of surface-mounted components should be able to fix that for you.

Well, I have the knowledge and I measured continuity on every suspect pin and nothing, all where right, I' don't really know what can it be, even the keyboard press shift all time and the keys of the row start to press randomly until I disconnect it.
maybe I will maybe I'm going to solder every suspicious pin. thanks for your answer

Offline ErgoMacros

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 16:34:58 »
Hi,
a. Which row is not working?
b. Did you check for shorts to other pins (as well ac connectivity from the controller to the keys in he row)?
'Luck!
Today's quote: '...“but then the customer successfully broke that.”

Offline Sotiwen

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 16:54:16 »
Hi,
a. Which row is not working?
b. Did you check for shorts to other pins (as well ac connectivity from the controller to the keys in he row)?
'Luck!

Hi!
a. It's an ansi and is the row that is shift to the other shift
b.well, no I don't, how can I do it?