Author Topic: [help]Durgod K320 Taurus Cherry MX odd mechanical spring sound, is it ping?  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Quteno

Today I received my Durgod K320 Taurus keyboard, and I absolutely love it. It's such a quality upgrade coming from Corsair Strafe with MX Silent's. But while playing some games I've noticed that the D key is creating strange mechanical spring sound, it's not squeaking nor typical ping (at least not what I could hear on youtube), but you can tell it's made by the spring. Makes me curious if it isn't a faulty switch, or will it get better and eventually disappear overtime time as the switch wears out slowly? Or maybe soaking the switch in some lubricant can fix this?

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Today I received my Durgod K320 Taurus keyboard, and I absolutely love it. It's such a quality upgrade coming from Corsair Strafe with MX Silent's. But while playing some games I've noticed that the D key is creating strange mechanical spring sound, it's not squeaking nor typical ping (at least not what I could hear on youtube), but you can tell it's made by the spring. Makes me curious if it isn't a faulty switch, or will it get better and eventually disappear overtime time as the switch wears out slowly? Or maybe soaking the switch in some lubricant can fix this?

I'm having the same problem too  :-[ . I hear the spring bouncing off of the case and kinda ruins the linear clack with my cherry mx red.

Offline TeacherGeek

Lubing the springs is the first port of call imo