Author Topic: [IC] CU7 - GB Launches 5th Dec! £59.99(inc VAT)  (Read 28607 times)

Offline jpjoseph12

Re: [IC] CU7 - GB Launches 5th Dec! £59.99(inc VAT)
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 14:57:10 »
I would like to just say as I can see there is some negative press. But I received the CU7 and the build quality is excellent especially in consideration of the price, only note I would say the type c recess is a little too far into the shell causing a few compatibility issues with some type c cables. I waited roughly 2 and a half months after he had them shipped which I will admit is a little long but I could see he is a one man operation trying to streamline things. And honestly I am happy with what I received and would honestly of paid more for it.

Just wanted to give my 2 cents on this. As I think it is slightly unfair he is receiving a fair amount of flack on here.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 15:39:07 »
I would like to just say as I can see there is some negative press. But I received the CU7 and the build quality is excellent especially in consideration of the price, only note I would say the type c recess is a little too far into the shell causing a few compatibility issues with some type c cables. I waited roughly 2 and a half months after he had them shipped which I will admit is a little long but I could see he is a one man operation trying to streamline things. And honestly I am happy with what I received and would honestly of paid more for it.

Just wanted to give my 2 cents on this. As I think it is slightly unfair he is receiving a fair amount of flack on here.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I don't think many people are saying the product itself is bad, at least I don't see many of those critics myself.

Please read the reddit thread I posted and you can see some of what the problems were for many people which shouldn't be ignored just because there are some satisfied customers.

Anyways that was my final message in here.
I'm sure there are plenty of happy customers, but I also think it's fair to mention the issues that Caps Unlocked GB's had so people are aware of it.

Offline keyboard bat

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 17:02:02 »
I also finally got a message regarding my wish to cancel and get a refund - denied without explanation. Doesn't make any sense, just sell it through the website you have.

Just all around terrible to deal with, and yeah I'll probably get hit with double VAT on it on top of everything. Avoid.

Offline ComfyK

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 07:51:10 »
You only commented about the communication that can be improved, which is just one of the many problems that a lot of people have had.

Why did you totally ignore my comment about you charging the VAT twice, which was just illegal?
And your mods just banned any people that voiced their opinion on this subject from your Discord.

I just invite people to read that Reddit thread, and people can make the own opinion if they want to support your business or not.

Yep, this.

And he says he is open to criticisms with communication - how is that possible when he doesn't even communicate and ignores people's messages and emails?

The discord server is super toxic as well.

Offline ComfyK

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 07:54:09 »
I also finally got a message regarding my wish to cancel and get a refund - denied without explanation. Doesn't make any sense, just sell it through the website you have.

Just all around terrible to deal with, and yeah I'll probably get hit with double VAT on it on top of everything. Avoid.

He can't do a refund because there is no money to help sort out issues. It kind of seems like every GB he launches overlapping previous unfinished ones is just to help raise more money.

Finish the previous GB's first, sort out the issues, reply to your customers. Don't leave people with defective products, double VAT charges, refund charges etc...

Anyway this is the last message from me. Good luck to anyone trying to sort their issues with this unprofessional company/lone guy.

Offline ylothar

• Yo Ho Ho!
    • KEEB.it
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 15:10:11 »
He can't do a refund because there is no money to help sort out issues. It kind of seems like every GB he launches overlapping previous unfinished ones is just to help raise more money.

From what you wrote here I deduce that you are the owner of caps unlocked and you clearly have full knowledge of its business.
It's great news!
Countless messages complaining that there are no answers and now we have someone who can answer us, I am very happy with that: now you can solve all the problems mentioned. :thumb:
«How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?»

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 28 November 2021, 05:34:47 »
Latest CU7 R1, CU80 R3 and CU65 R3 update that was just emailed out!

https://sh1.sendinblue.com/acf43h3u9ht7e.html?t=1638099086

Offline trumanomar

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 05 December 2021, 20:30:51 »
Why does it say 60 Pounds on IC yet it costs 70 pounds on product page?

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 14 December 2021, 13:46:49 »
Anyone on US West coast who were in the batch that got shipped through DPD earlier this month received their order yet? I've never been able to get CU to respond to shipping inquiry from his company's "contact us" form. Thanks in advance.

Offline gorbachev

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 19 December 2021, 17:57:16 »
This was just posted on caps-unlocked discord:

I hope you are well.

I regret to inform you that capsunlocked ltd (trading as capsunlocked) has entered voluntary insolvency and a ceased trading. Professional Insolvency Practitioners have been assigned.

Thank you for your support over the past 5 years.

More information will be released in due course.

The "shipping problems" suddenly start making sense.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 19 December 2021, 18:27:44 »

From what you wrote here I deduce that you are the owner of caps unlocked and you clearly have full knowledge of its business.
It's great news!
Countless messages complaining that there are no answers and now we have someone who can answer us, I am very happy with that: now you can solve all the problems mentioned. :thumb:

So what's your answer now that it's made public that the company is going down?

At least some people weren't fooled, and could clearly see that he was launching new GB's just to be able to finishing funding the ongoing ones.

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 19 December 2021, 18:52:25 »
This was just posted on caps-unlocked discord:

I hope you are well.

I regret to inform you that capsunlocked ltd (trading as capsunlocked) has entered voluntary insolvency and a ceased trading. Professional Insolvency Practitioners have been assigned.

Thank you for your support over the past 5 years.

More information will be released in due course.

The "shipping problems" suddenly start making sense.

I sensed that was where CU was headed but refrained from commenting. I feel bad for people getting caught out by this, especially newcomers, hope doesn't jade them too much.

Offline bball2

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 19 December 2021, 22:59:19 »
That's too bad, I can definitely see why companies put an upper limit on the number of orders, seems like capsunlocked took way more orders than they could handle...

Offline unusuaL_

• Illustrious
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 05:51:41 »
What happens when you bite off more than you can chew. GL to those in the GBs, hopefully they get their money back.
collection: yae60 proto, f1-8k (cocogoat shill), hhkb pro2

receiving: frieren tkl proto

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 06:01:49 »
i charged back my payment to this company through my credit card company after they didnt reply to my email within 3 days. This was some months ago. what can i say? I'm smart.
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline ylothar

• Yo Ho Ho!
    • KEEB.it
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 07:03:11 »

At least some people weren't fooled, and could clearly see that he was launching new GB's just to be able to finishing funding the ongoing ones.

Dude, it's not me who must give an answer: on the contrary, like everyone else I am waiting to know how the situation will evolve (also because I am directly involved in GB for CU1).
In all these months I have always bought from caps-unlocked and above all had an answer to my messages.

I am very sorry that the situation has turned out this way, I am waiting for all the necessary information to be given. That's a big shame, especially as caps-unlocked products were now becoming an interesting ecosystem.

Offline ComfyK

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 17:36:19 »

It's great news!

Thank you, all our points proven true. We warned people and look what's happened. I feel sorry for all those who are still not receiving answers to their support emails, and there were so many unanswered questions in the discord channels, loads of people still asking where their products are, which have all now been deleted, so he ultimately erased all historical evidence of everything since he deleted all the discord channels. A few days before that, he made it so no one could chat in the channels anymore. Make what you will of this type of action and how it was dealt with.

Offline keyboard bat

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 06:44:24 »
Haven't received my order, cannot cancel it. This is straight up theft. Thankfully there are some routes I can take legally. Just annoying.

Offline tmc_2269

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 31 December 2021, 23:16:15 »
I just went to their site today. It looks like they just filled for bankruptcy. It was an interesting choice to setup a GB so close to this decision...

Offline Peter_Porker

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 01 January 2022, 02:17:23 »
For everyone wondering about the money. This is straight from the discord.

“Please note that whilst I understand that you would all like more information tonight I need some time to work with the liquidators before issuing a full statement.

All orders (paypal and non-paypal) from the following group buys have been refunded on my side:

CU7 r2.5, CU65 r3.5, CU80 r4, CU21 r1

I am not going to comment outside of those GBs as I am waiting for professional advice.

edit: CU65 r3 was changed to cu65 r3.5”

Offline BareSphereMass

• (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 01:08:12 »
Welp, it looks like I was scammed out of $60 (for the CU1).  Feels bad man.
Current Keebs:  Atreus 42 (hand wired)  |  Anne Pro 2  |  Prime_E  |  Prime_Meridian
Next Keebs:  Polycarbonate Alice  |  Type-K  |  Wood Case Keeb
Current Keycaps:  OEM (POM & PBT)  |  SA R3 (PBT)  |  DSA (PBT)  |  MT3 Camillo  |  GMK Apollo  |  Deskr Canyon Caps  |  MT3 LotR Elvish  |  GMK Civilizations
Current ArtisansDwarf Factory Artisans (2x)  |  Rama x Keycult Brass (1x)  |  Holyoops D.VA Aluminum (cherry R4)  |  Walnut OEM R4  |  3D Printed Pikachu
On Order:   GMK Pharaoh (est. April 2024)
Other:   ZealPC Clickiez

Offline diskonex

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 04 January 2022, 06:01:54 »
I ordered CU7 r2  any suggestion on what I should do?

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 04 January 2022, 07:00:46 »

Dude, it's not me who must give an answer: on the contrary, like everyone else I am waiting to know how the situation will evolve (also because I am directly involved in GB for CU1).
In all these months I have always bought from caps-unlocked and above all had an answer to my messages.

I am very sorry that the situation has turned out this way, I am waiting for all the necessary information to be given. That's a big shame, especially as caps-unlocked products were now becoming an interesting ecosystem.

What now? Glad I got my CU7 and out of that discord server.

Offline keyboard bat

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 09:46:25 »
I ordered CU7 r2  any suggestion on what I should do?
I ordered CU7 extras. I guess the guy has stolen the money. Straight up scamming

Imagine being the guy here who defended this in this very thread, pretty embarrassing!

Offline ylothar

• Yo Ho Ho!
    • KEEB.it
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 16:33:29 »
Imagine being the guy here who defended this in this very thread, pretty embarrassing!

Are you referring to me?

Offline bball2

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 16:54:01 »
Hrm... no updates on their discord in over a month, and the tracking # I got for my CU7 still has not updated. Probably pointless to keep hoping for something to happen =\

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 20:27:15 »

Are you referring to me?

shamelessly supporting a scammer, how low can u go my friend

Offline ylothar

• Yo Ho Ho!
    • KEEB.it
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 05:03:20 »
You don't have to worry about me, I have nothing to feel ashamed or embarrassed about.

I have expressed in total transparency what I think about the matter: I said that I have always bought from caps-unlocked (I have on my desk a CU80 R2, a CU65 R2 and a CU7 to testify), that I have had my problems (I have not received the additional PCB of my CU65 R2), that I received an answer to all the emails I sent to support and that I too am involved in the CU1 problem.

I am not a native English speaker but from what I can understand by checking online:

"scammer": someone who makes money using illegal methods, especially by tricking people

I have no interest in defending caps-unlocked: I don't even know him, and like so many in this GB the risk of losing what was anticipated is very concrete.
But I don't like accusing people of a very serious fact like fraud without having the absolute certainty that this is actually the case.

I really struggle to think that caps-unlocked purposely orchestrated a scam in this GB: it's obviously possible that I'm a complete naive but I think eventually something went wrong - in business it can happen. Obviously this means that mistakes have been made, it is undeniable: but not necessarily that they have been made in bad faith, with the specific intent of cheating people. No, I don't think so at all.

So I continue to hope that caps-unlocked can give an official explanation of what happened.

It is a great pity :'(

Offline wackey

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 16 March 2022, 12:11:38 »
Getting more and more likely that he just he made off with the money hoping nobody would try and get to him (legally, etc) no record of insolvency anywhere, website completely down when it should info about liquidators etc. Offline everywhere and not responding to anyone. Ghosted.

Leopold FC660C    Leopold FC750R (MX Blue)

Offline idealape

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 14 June 2022, 09:42:38 »
sad for the people who didn't get their order fullfilled, I was kinda surprised mine did show up in the mail one day.

Offline xmobotx

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 14 June 2022, 18:33:37 »
this is the 1st I'm seeing this:
Getting more and more likely that he just he made off with the money hoping nobody would try and get to him (legally, etc) no record of insolvency anywhere, website completely down when it should info about liquidators etc. Offline everywhere and not responding to anyone. Ghosted.
I was a little confused that he wasn't fulfilling orders that were (according to him) in stock & being distributed.  I guess the more recent refunds were something of a smokescreen then?
Kinda makes sense now that there's no further updates since his discord announcement of insolvency.  I'm glad idealape got something but, more than a little disconcerted that I haven't seen anything and likely won't