geekhack Community > Off Topic

What’s happenin’? (The thread about what is happenin’.)

<< < (4/5) > >>

mohawk1367:

--- Quote from: Rhienfo on Wed, 20 September 2023, 14:52:22 ---
--- Quote from: mohawk1367 on Wed, 20 September 2023, 06:43:44 ---Wait what do you call prawns then? Like the huge shrimp-looking things.

--- End quote ---

We just generally call all of that type of seafood prawns for some reason, also I just found out that shrimp and prawns are 2 different things how I didn't know that is beyond me.

--- End quote ---

do you have crawfish/crayfish/crawdads/whatever there? no ocean near me so crayfish are like the redneck lobster

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: mohawk1367 on Fri, 22 September 2023, 07:45:24 ---do you have crawfish/crayfish/crawdads/whatever there? no ocean near me so crayfish are like the redneck lobster

--- End quote ---

We do have types of crawfish here but they I don't see them sold very often. I'm not sure you can eat some types like yappies because they are classified as endangered, but I don't know much about crawfish to say for sure. (Also I know it's crayfish but Corpfish/Crawdant has made me say crawfish now so...)

--- Quote from: fohat.digs on Thu, 21 September 2023, 08:13:11 ---Heard on the news that the current price of NFTs is $5-$10

What did those people spending $thousand$ (or $milliion$?) for some x number of lines of code expecting?

--- End quote ---

yeah I don't know why they thought that people would think that digital scarcity would work even remotely well.

The market was doomed to fail from the start. NFTs had no life, it was another grift to make money, everything surrounding the market was full of over-promises and was ripe with fraud and scams. These prices were never sustainable, because everyone was insider trading (it was actually encouraged to do so the nft bros are so strange) and hoping you would believe they were actually worth that price.

Glad to see no one cares about them anymore, such a joke.

mohawk1367:

--- Quote from: Rhienfo on Fri, 22 September 2023, 18:27:46 ---
--- Quote from: mohawk1367 on Fri, 22 September 2023, 07:45:24 ---do you have crawfish/crayfish/crawdads/whatever there? no ocean near me so crayfish are like the redneck lobster

--- End quote ---

We do have types of crawfish here but they I don't see them sold very often. I'm not sure you can eat some types like yappies because they are classified as endangered, but I don't know much about crawfish to say for sure. (Also I know it's crayfish but Corpfish/Crawdant has made me say crawfish now so...)

--- Quote from: fohat.digs on Thu, 21 September 2023, 08:13:11 ---Heard on the news that the current price of NFTs is $5-$10

What did those people spending $thousand$ (or $milliion$?) for some x number of lines of code expecting?

--- End quote ---

yeah I don't know why they thought that people would think that digital scarcity would work even remotely well.

The market was doomed to fail from the start. NFTs had no life, it was another grift to make money, everything surrounding the market was full of over-promises and was ripe with fraud and scams. These prices were never sustainable, because everyone was insider trading (it was actually encouraged to do so the nft bros are so strange) and hoping you would believe they were actually worth that price.

Glad to see no one cares about them anymore, such a joke.

--- End quote ---

yabbies  :D love australian names for things. the scientific name is a little more intimidating, though: Cherax destructor

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: mohawk1367 on Mon, 25 September 2023, 06:42:54 ---
love australian names for things. the scientific name is a little more intimidating, though Cherax destructor

--- End quote ---

A very different creature with the same name end has been bedeviling beekeepers worldwide for decades, but even though it was of Asian origin it had somehow missed Australia until recently.

https://www.australiangeographic.com.au/news/2023/09/australia-gives-up-on-eradicating-varroa-mites/

Findecanor:
I am exploring Rule 34 just for giggles ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version