Author Topic: Post Your Car(s) Thread  (Read 75701 times)

Offline khaangaaroo

Re: Post Your Car(s) Thread
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 10:32:42 »
I suppose it's like that with all cars. My problem is I'm looking at the M's and the S's. Cost to get into them isn't too bad but repair costs are potentially astronomical.

Before I bought the 07 Aero, I was (still am) looking for an 05+ A8. Just for the hell of it I asked the dealer what aftermarket warranty prices where and almost choked when he told me. Full warranty for 5 years was over $15k.

Actually, you might have luck with the M's. People who drive them tend to know more about cars and take better care of them. I found that M parts weren't all that much more expensive than regular e46 parts. And for performance related parts, particularly suspension and drivetrain stuff, you'll find more aftermarket options available for the M than a pre-facelift e46.

The Audi S-line didn't seem to be as popular during that time period. Finding parts for a S4 or S6 might be kind of difficult and could potentially cost more.

Dealers man, they love to rape.

The thing about the Audi though, is I can drive it year round.

That $15k was the dealer price!

Ah I forget about the advantages of AWD out here in California. It only comes in handy for me twice a year when I go camping or something...haha

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 10:36:23 »
I suppose it's like that with all cars. My problem is I'm looking at the M's and the S's. Cost to get into them isn't too bad but repair costs are potentially astronomical.

Before I bought the 07 Aero, I was (still am) looking for an 05+ A8. Just for the hell of it I asked the dealer what aftermarket warranty prices where and almost choked when he told me. Full warranty for 5 years was over $15k.

Actually, you might have luck with the M's. People who drive them tend to know more about cars and take better care of them. I found that M parts weren't all that much more expensive than regular e46 parts. And for performance related parts, particularly suspension and drivetrain stuff, you'll find more aftermarket options available for the M than a pre-facelift e46.

The Audi S-line didn't seem to be as popular during that time period. Finding parts for a S4 or S6 might be kind of difficult and could potentially cost more.

Dealers man, they love to rape.

The thing about the Audi though, is I can drive it year round.

That $15k was the dealer price!

Ah I forget about the advantages of AWD out here in California. It only comes in handy for me twice a year when I go camping or something...haha

Yeah, we get snow measured by the feet here in upstate NY. It's too bad BMW hasn't come up with an AWD M car.
Looking for CC's!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 10:42:27 »
My little ride:  Fit is go!

24644-0

24646-1

And me taking my RD to its new owner  :(

24648-2
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 10:46:42 »
LM reps make all cars badass.
Looking for CC's!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 11:05:04 »

I agree.  I just need to get some different center caps.  I know they are reps, and the guy I bought them from put real BBS caps on them  I just want some plain silver caps with a red H emblem.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 11:06:46 »

I agree.  I just need to get some different center caps.  I know they are reps, and the guy I bought them from put real BBS caps on them  I just want some plain silver caps with a red H emblem.

As long as you keep some red in the center to break up the silver, it'll look sweet. I expect more pics when you do this.
Looking for CC's!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #156 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 11:27:20 »

As long as you keep some red in the center to break up the silver, it'll look sweet. I expect more pics when you do this.

Exactly!  That is they only reason they are still on there, I do love the pop of red in the middle. 

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #157 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 19:20:50 »
Licence plate, might want to blur that, unless the plates have changed.

why?
You can run a check of the person through the DMV if I'm not mistaken.

that's just being paranoid. your plates are on display all the time.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 19:35:17 »

why?

I guess it wouldn't really matter then, unless you had things on your record to hide...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #159 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 19:37:35 »
if you had stuff to hide that can be traced back to your license plates then.. i doubt you'd be dumb enough to ride around with your plates fully exposed.

keyword is doubt.

since there are a lot of dumb ass people in the world.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #160 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 19:37:47 »

why?

I guess it wouldn't really matter then, unless you had things on your record to hide...

Like...speeding violations?!

Dun dun duuuun

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #161 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 20:35:49 »
Regarding the license plates, looking up, privacy, etc.--- Demmi makes a realistic point.

A ton of info about you is "out there", but usually in little pieces scattered about. Are you comfortable posting on a forum with an amalgam of your personal info...full name, address, phone numbers, email addys, license plate numbers....(it has nothing to do with having something to hide). It has to do with people knowing more about you than you would like because they can choose to misuse it. Anonymity is the first line of defense...getting lost in the crowd, not attracting the most attention so to speak. I can pick a social security number, but it's not a lot of use until I can add a name, address, etc. You may tell people you have migraines, but you may not want a potential employer to know, they may not hire you because they think you won't be a good employee. Plus there are a lot of nutty peeps out there...you can avoid them usually when you're out and about, but what about the nut job sitting at the computer all day all night fixated on you for some reason? It happens.

I have a pet stalker out there. I believe she has people she knows trying to connect with me on Linkedin so she can get access to my other connections. Why? So she can know more about where I am, what I'm doing, where I'm working, who I know so she can contact them. It's not fair that I should have to be so cautious, but it's an eye opener as well.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #162 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 20:40:56 »
she's still stalking you?!?!

damn.

now that i think about it.. i posted a picture with my plates blocked out haha.

i have no idea why i did it.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #163 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 20:56:31 »

damn.

Dude, the creature is still out there. I get an email/text every 2 months or so. It was aggressive end of last year (I'm gonna sue you), to (you're a bad person), (I want to talk to you), then 3-4 times this year (I'm sorry for what happened), (I have health issues), (I have your financial documents you can have back if you contact me), to most recently (my life is so hard now).

It has gotten less aggressive. But I'm almost prepared to change phone number. It's good she doesn't call (which is weird), but that could change in a heartbeat. I don't answer numbers I don't recognize, so there's a filter.

I will NEVER EVER respond with anything other than another trip to court. A sad and pathetic person that had delusions of an ongoing relationship that never was. Just before the major incident that happened last year, I posted on a local social/meeting/dating/activities site to meet a couple peeps to go biking with in the new town I was moving to. She was cruising the site and contacted me as someone else. I didn't take her bait, just offered a generic response, but she ambushed me with that. It was one of the several flash points that I knew there was an unhealthy problem.

Gotta be careful out there.

***Also now, I don't give the time of day to anyone unless I start going through 'the process' of qualifying them. And I keep a LOT more distance.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 June 2013, 21:00:04 by Input Nirvana »
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 20:59:57 »
i wish somebody loved me so much to stalk me ; ;

haha, jk, that **** seems scary.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #165 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 21:03:02 »
i wish somebody loved me so much to stalk me ; ;

haha, jk, that **** seems scary.

Dude, it's the first time I've ever been scared. Had no idea what was going to happen or when. Afraid to leave, afraid to go. It was crazy. I had a lot of other circumstances going on...suddenly started new job, 2 employees yanked me, blah blah blah. It was an incredible time. It was horrible. I was going to get a backpack and literally walk away from everything. Literally. I was mentally preparing to sleep under a bridge. Who knows, maybe I'd be better off today, lol

Monsters like that don't love you, they loath themselves uncontrollably and always will. They look for happiness outside of themselves. They are tortured souls.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 June 2013, 21:11:29 by Input Nirvana »

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #166 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 21:14:15 »
BACK TO CARS!!

BUT MAINTAIN YOUR PRIVACY

Offline BLJ Consulting

• * Vendor
  • Independent Plastics Consultant
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 21:18:25 »
On the topic of cars/vehicles I can share 2 of mine with the bonus of hitting on 2 stereotypes

(1-NW Washington is hillbillyville, 2-a life of working in plastics is not fiscally rewarding)

24696-0

24698-1

My JD 770 and my Suzuki DRZ SM

In fairness I also have a 10 year old subaru that I drive in the winters but that is mostly because i lived in Oregon for over a decade and there is a state law requiring me to own one.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #168 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 21:20:21 »
there is a state law requiring me to own one

hahahaha

with a roof rack for your bike?

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 21:29:42 »
there is a state law requiring me to own one

hahahaha

with a roof rack for your bike?

Only if your a hipster.
Looking for CC's!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #170 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 21:34:51 »
well it's oregon we're talking about here

Offline iri

« Reply #171 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 03:24:31 »

damn.

Dude, the creature is still out there. I get an email/text every 2 months or so. It was aggressive end of last year (I'm gonna sue you), to (you're a bad person), (I want to talk to you), then 3-4 times this year (I'm sorry for what happened), (I have health issues), (I have your financial documents you can have back if you contact me), to most recently (my life is so hard now).

It has gotten less aggressive. But I'm almost prepared to change phone number. It's good she doesn't call (which is weird), but that could change in a heartbeat. I don't answer numbers I don't recognize, so there's a filter.

I will NEVER EVER respond with anything other than another trip to court. A sad and pathetic person that had delusions of an ongoing relationship that never was. Just before the major incident that happened last year, I posted on a local social/meeting/dating/activities site to meet a couple peeps to go biking with in the new town I was moving to. She was cruising the site and contacted me as someone else. I didn't take her bait, just offered a generic response, but she ambushed me with that. It was one of the several flash points that I knew there was an unhealthy problem.

Gotta be careful out there.

***Also now, I don't give the time of day to anyone unless I start going through 'the process' of qualifying them. And I keep a LOT more distance.
****problem solved.

Post edited by Boost
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 June 2013, 14:34:44 by boost »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #172 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 09:41:31 »

rape her, kill her, put her body in the trunk, bring it to the golden gate, drop it in the ocean. problem solved.

LOL, like your style, direct, decisive, absolute. Considered many options to stop the threat last year, ultimately chose this path. When in court at restraining order hearing, I made it clear to the judge I've taken an extreme measure to protect myself/my home from another assault/intrusion. That there will be a different outcome if someone came into my home again. Hopefully the message was clear to her and the court. No one should have to go through what I did. Especially me, this is not how I conduct myself or my life. Just goes to show what happens when you don't stamp out cockroaches right away. Unfortunately I'm still traumatized :(

Back to cars...I'm kicking around the idea of getting an old Jeep to keep some miles of my more expensive daily driver (trucks shouldn't cost so much), maybe get better mpg, and it's definitely "me".
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 June 2013, 09:47:01 by Input Nirvana »

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 09:52:44 »
Back to cars...I'm kicking around the idea of getting an old Jeep to keep some miles of my more expensive daily driver (trucks shouldn't cost so much), maybe get better mpg, and it's definitely "me".

I get 15mpg on my Wrangler, maybe even less...haha

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #174 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 10:12:23 »

I get 15mpg on my Wrangler, maybe even less...haha

What size motor? I was thinking about the crappy 4 cylinder.

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #175 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 10:22:00 »
I have the 4.2L 6cyl, but I hear the 4 isn't all that much better on gas mileage.

EDIT: mpg reported by people http://www.fuelly.com/car/jeep/wrangler
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 June 2013, 10:27:19 by khaangaaroo »

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 10:30:02 »
I have the 4.2L 6cyl, but I hear the 4 isn't all that much better on gas mileage.

My car goal would be twofold. One to have a cheap, disposable vehicle to put miles on, and better mpg than my 14-19 F150 (which is much better than the 10-15 from my old F250 I sold last year). The vehicle still needs to be usable...so maybe another truck, but one of those small ones. I hear they get 25mpg. Meh, not a priority.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #177 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 10:53:45 »
i have a 4cyl that can do 6mpg when you push it :D

1.4l!!!

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #178 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 10:56:31 »

1.4l!!!

haha is that the RSX? what's wrong with it?

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #179 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 11:09:13 »

1.4l!!!

haha is that the RSX? what's wrong with it?

You guys really suck, smashing my dreamzzzzz....

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 11:20:47 »
You should trade the f150 in for a new wrangler with the pentastar v6.  Good power and gas mileage.

You're welcome for completely fixing your dilema

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #181 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 11:23:46 »
You should trade the f150 in for a new wrangler with the pentastar v6.  Good power and gas mileage.

Not as usable as the F150, so dilemma not fixed, but thanks for playing! LOL

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #182 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 11:29:07 »

I'm pretty sure I said you're welcome for completely fixing your dilemma, buuuuut I suppose I shall take another crack at it. 

It sounds as if you do not use the truck for trucky activities (IE - using the bed for manly things like concrete.  Or dirt.  Or flowers.) all the time, therefore adding a mere hitch and trailer to the new jeep would thereby somethingsomething.

Really, I just like the new jeeps a lot.  I also like the ecoboost f150s.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 11:38:11 »

I'm pretty sure I said you're welcome for completely fixing your dilemma, buuuuut I suppose I shall take another crack at it. 

It sounds as if you do not use the truck for trucky activities (IE - using the bed for manly things like concrete.  Or dirt.  Or flowers.) all the time, therefore adding a mere hitch and trailer to the new jeep would thereby somethingsomething.

Really, I just like the new jeeps a lot.  I also like the ecoboost f150s.

I'll reconsider your evaluation over breakfast at the beach this morning, as I gaze upon El Diablo with a pair of bicycles in the truck bed.

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #184 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 11:40:42 »
Why do you even want a Jeep if you already have a truck? The F150 can do all the things a Jeep can do. The older Jeeps don't even have AC for the summer, and are even more miserable to drive in during the winter. If I already had a truck for utility, and needed a reliable good mpg beater, I would not be looking at old carbureted Jeeps haha.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 11:41:17 »
That's easy, they make bike racks for the back of jeeps.

(bikes are manly, too.)

But I don't think you can call a jeep something like el diablo (that's like an evil chicken, right?)

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #186 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 02:40:20 »
Jeep as second car: The thought of a jeep as a cheaper, part time, fun, local car that can still carry stuff. I live by the beach in California, so I don't have summer issues, and winter is very mild. But it's not totally a practical choice for me. I'd rather have an old Scout, Landcruiser or late 60's Bronco just for the cool factor, but don't have the "keeping it fixed" in me at this point. I'm backing off the second car idea unless my work situation changes and I need to do massive commuting again...then buy a beater-bomber 4 cylinder anything to drive to death.

El Diablo: Evil chicken? LOL It refers to the devil because it's red, and because of me and the way I am. I had a red truck in the past, it was "Big Red", so this one is "El Diablo". My grey F250 was the "Gray Ghost", green F350 was "Green Giant", my Mazda Racing Division modified RX-7 was "Widowmaker" (clocked by police radar at 158mph on Valentines Day outside of Palm Springs...yes I was stopped and punished for that), Expedition was the "Puzzy Wagon", 911 was the "The Powerful Mach 5", the white VW camper van was "Vanna White", the Maserati was "Italian Job". There are others...I had names for them all. I'm pretty sophomoric naming cars.

Pretty car free today...
24824-0

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #187 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 02:42:31 »
Jeep as second car: The thought of a jeep as a cheaper, part time, fun, local car that can still carry stuff. I live by the beach in California, so I don't have summer issues, and winter is very mild. But it's not totally a practical choice for me. I'd rather have an old Scout, Landcruiser or late 60's Bronco just for the cool factor, but don't have the "keeping it fixed" in me at this point. I'm backing off the second car idea unless my work situation changes and I need to do massive commuting again...then buy a beater-bomber 4 cylinder anything to drive to death.

El Diablo: Evil chicken? LOL It refers to the devil because it's red, and because of me and the way I am. I had a red truck in the past, it was "Big Red", so this one is "El Diablo". My grey F250 was the "Gray Ghost", green F350 was "Green Giant", my Mazda Racing Division modified RX-7 was "Widowmaker" (clocked by police radar at 158mph on Valentines Day outside of Palm Springs...yes I was stopped and punished for that), Expedition was the "Puzzy Wagon", 911 was the "The Powerful Mach 5", the white VW camper van was "Vanna White", the Maserati was "Italian Job". There are others...I had names for them all. I'm pretty sophomoric naming cars.

Pretty car free today...
(Attachment Link)

Highest I've been clocked at was 125.  After starting to coast up a hill from an indicated peak of 145.  The policeman was unhappy with my action.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #188 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 03:12:00 »
Highest I've been clocked at was 125.  After starting to coast up a hill from an indicated peak of 145.  The policeman was unhappy with my action.

Policeman was yelling at me, I think he was mad I stopped. I saw the lights about a mile behind me and pulled over...took him a while to get to me, LOL...maybe he spilled his coffee...he was very upset. I don't know why, I was the one that almost went to jail, paid exorbitant fines and had several court appearances. He just clocked out at the end of his day with a good story to tell.

I don't own cars that can go that fast anymore for a good reason. But it was fun. Stuff happens pretty fast when you're going that speed.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #189 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 03:23:42 »
Only picture I've got of it so far. 2013 Kia Optima. Nothing fancy, but is cozy, doesn't look half bad, and has a kick ass warranty.

Offline Batmann

« Reply #190 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 08:34:39 »

Show Image

My JD 770

I remember when I was a kid in my grand parents farm, John deere was so hype, coming from USA with that fancy yellow and green outfit, we litteraly loved it.
That time is long gone and I no longer dream about tractors!

I prefer cars like my recent purchase:

« Last Edit: Sun, 09 June 2013, 09:44:12 by Batmann »

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #191 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 12:46:58 »
Those M193 rims look great on the wagon.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #192 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 12:47:28 »
3 series wagon...mmmm

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #193 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 16:48:55 »
Only picture I've got of it so far. 2013 Kia Optima. Nothing fancy, but is cozy, doesn't look half bad, and has a kick ass warranty.

I've also got a 2013 white EX with leather seats. It's hands down the best value car out there with a nice amount of power too.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #194 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 23:15:28 »
NW Washington is hillbillyville

speak for yourself countyfolk.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #195 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 15:01:57 »

a texan telling somebody to get rid of their truck???

WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #196 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 20:21:46 »
Here's a better pic!

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #197 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 21:10:55 »
Need that AWD up in those mountains. Subaru's are like the top selling car here in CO

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 21:11:54 »
Here's a better pic!
Show Image

that... looks like a video game screenshot. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #199 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 21:15:29 »
Here's a better pic!
Show Image

that... looks like a video game screenshot. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

fake!
(but more likely just some highlight/shadow recovery in photoshop)