Author Topic: [GB] R2 PURPLE ZEALIO SWITCHES (Complete)  (Read 3055093 times)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Re: [GB] R2 PURPLE ZEALIO SWITCHES (Currently Packing)
« Reply #550 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 18:29:57 »
Got my second half of the shipment in this afternoon. This shipment contained all the 62g and 78g Zealios, so those orders will start going out.

Shipped about 120 orders these past 2 days, will work on getting more orders packed and shipped asap.

Taping boxes, preparing them for labels.

"Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #551 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 18:31:04 »
Got my second half of the shipment in this afternoon. This shipment contained all the 62g and 78g Zealios, so those orders will start going out.

Shipped about 120 orders these past 2 days, will work on getting more orders packed and shipped asap.

Show Image

Show Image

how did you tape all those boxes to the ceiling?

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #552 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 18:51:00 »

Show Image

Show Image

how did you tape all those boxes to the ceiling?

Hes in canada, not australia!

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #553 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 20:27:12 »

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome work Zeal! Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #554 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 20:36:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

Whoa, you're a shipping monster dude  ;D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #555 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 22:21:29 »

Show Image

Show Image

Damn, it's been only a month and this GB is already coming to a close.

Zeal, you sure know how to run a GB :thumb: 

Offline cmd

« Reply #556 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 23:16:42 »

Show Image

Show Image

Where is the 67g love my man?!

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #557 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 23:28:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

67g and 65g were in the first shipment that came in last week before the Easter holidays. :P

Offline cmd

« Reply #558 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 23:32:01 »

Show Image

Show Image

67g and 65g were in the first shipment that came in last week before the Easter holidays.
I see I see. I'm still unfilled status :(

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #559 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 00:05:17 »

Show Image

Show Image

67g and 65g were in the first shipment that came in last week before the Easter holidays.
I see I see. I'm still unfilled status :(

Patience, young grasshopper. You will soon be united with your feelios. ;)

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #560 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 00:48:20 »
Awsome work Zeal! A true GB master. I am so impressed over your hard work and contribution to the keyboard scene/community. Thank you!

Offline kaeeeede

« Reply #561 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 00:57:44 »
Maybe I missed it, but when's round 3? I definitely didn't order enough switches.

Offline Liam

« Reply #562 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 01:17:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

67g and 65g were in the first shipment that came in last week before the Easter holidays. :P

Can you check my order. I ordered 65g one but they haven't come yet. Mine is #2988 I believe.
IBM Model M - Leopold 750r - Custom Numpad

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #563 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 05:10:13 »
Guys, it's only been the second and now third day since I started shipping orders... You'll get a notification when your order is shipped. Try to avoid emailing me/asking in here for shipping statuses please. :)  I'll have everyone's order shipped out in a timely manner, thanks. :)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #564 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 05:36:39 »
Great work ! Thanks for the updates and especially the pictures. Appericate it.

Offline Dee1

« Reply #565 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 09:05:58 »
Hi Zeal,
If the switches are in my cart from the other day but are showing as sold out on the item page, am I good to order them or does the cart not update when it's sold out? Just wondering as I don't want to place the order if the switches aren't actually available. :)

Offline techmattr

« Reply #566 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 09:12:00 »
Got my order of 65g and 67g yesterday. Thanks for another great GB Zeal!  :thumb:

Installed the 67g yesterday as well:

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #567 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 11:06:42 »
Got my order of 65g and 67g yesterday. Thanks for another great GB Zeal!  :thumb:

Show Image

Ayy, that ain't a Filco eh :p
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline techmattr

« Reply #568 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 12:25:26 »

Show Image

Ayy, that ain't a Filco eh :p

It was at one point in it's life  :))
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 March 2016, 19:00:50 by techmattr »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #569 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 12:42:35 »
Guys, it's only been the second and now third day since I started shipping orders... You'll get a notification when your order is shipped. Try to avoid emailing me/asking in here for shipping statuses please. :)  I'll have everyone's order shipped out in a timely manner, thanks. :)

thanks, Zeal!

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #570 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 12:47:21 »
This has been an incredibly painless GB.  Thank you for all your hard work Zeal! 

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #571 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 17:48:41 »
Mr. Zeal, I received the switches today, thank you so much for bringing us the zealios switch and for all your efforts.

Offline techmattr

« Reply #572 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 19:02:19 »
I was one that experienced quite a bit of chatter on the R1 62g switches. So far on the R2 67g switches I haven't found any with chatter. I think I may have found 1 bad switch but I haven't pulled it back out to check it yet. So pretty awesome results so far.

Offline kaevix

« Reply #573 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 01:55:15 »
So I'm new to being a keyboard enthusiast, and I've been recommended to purchase some Zealios by other more experienced guys. I know that the heavier these things are, the more force is needed to press down on the key. But what's the difference between R1 and R2?

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #574 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 03:26:57 »
So I'm new to being a keyboard enthusiast, and I've been recommended to purchase some Zealios by other more experienced guys. I know that the heavier these things are, the more force is needed to press down on the key. But what's the difference between R1 and R2?

R1 Zealios had some minor issues that have been addressed in the R2 version. The 65g version of the R2 Zealios has some other features compared to the 65g R1 Zealios. Please see Zeal's first post in this thread. There he explains a lot of the differences.

I don't think you can buy R1 unless you buy them from some community member. Either way, R2 are recommended as they are Release 2 of the switches. If you are a first time solderer I would recommend the 65g version. If you wish heavier springs, just replace them. Reason for this is that I had about 15 switches that suffered chattering due to bad soldering experience, which in turn caused the chattering issues. Zealios are a bit sensitive to this and 65g Zealios are more friendly in that aspect. Hope this makes sense and answers your question. :)

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #575 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 06:55:45 »
Hi Zeal,
If the switches are in my cart from the other day but are showing as sold out on the item page, am I good to order them or does the cart not update when it's sold out? Just wondering as I don't want to place the order if the switches aren't actually available. :)
The site won't let you checkout even if the items were in your cart. 62g and 67g are sold out as not many extras were ordered. Again, orders are roughly scaled based on the pre-orders, and I've always told people not to wait til last moment to prevent missing out on your preferred weight.

R1 Zealios had some minor issues that have been addressed in the R2 version. The 65g version of the R2 Zealios has some other features compared to the 65g R1 Zealios. Please see Zeal's first post in this thread. There he explains a lot of the differences.

I don't think you can buy R1 unless you buy them from some community member. Either way, R2 are recommended as they are Release 2 of the switches. If you are a first time solderer I would recommend the 65g version. If you wish heavier springs, just replace them. Reason for this is that I had about 15 switches that suffered chattering due to bad soldering experience, which in turn caused the chattering issues. Zealios are a bit sensitive to this and 65g Zealios are more friendly in that aspect. Hope this makes sense and answers your question. :)

To clarify a bit, 65g is offered in two variants. The plate mounted version with a milky base, and the "standard" transparent ones with PCB mount support. If it's your first time soldering and you're afraid of overheating the pins, the plate mounted variant is recommended. 

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #576 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 08:03:05 »

Show Image

Kudos for keeping the Filco Mod trend happening here on GH.

Damn fine keyboard when you install the switches you love because the Co-star love needs to be pushed onto all the newlings who have no idea, how far you could customize a decent Filco Keyboard.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #577 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 08:20:18 »
Just picked up some 78g's. Love my 65g's and need to get another board set up with the best switches in the game  :-*

Offline Xiro7

« Reply #578 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 08:25:36 »
Zeal: I ordered a bunch of the 65g switches (hoping they arrive soon *fingers crossed*), and was curious what type of Cherry switch they would most feel like? Do you have a guide to the 62, 65, 67, etc weights and what cherry switch they would most feel like?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #579 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 08:53:35 »
Just picked up some 78g's. Love my 65g's and need to get another board set up with the best switches in the game  :-*

:-*

Zeal: I ordered a bunch of the 65g switches (hoping they arrive soon *fingers crossed*), and was curious what type of Cherry switch they would most feel like? Do you have a guide to the 62, 65, 67, etc weights and what cherry switch they would most feel like?

Nothing. Zealios are a league of their own. No Cherry switch will feel remotely close to any of them :cool:

If you must describe the feel, imagine a slightly heavier MX Brown weight without the scratchiness with an MX Clear bump that's super drawn out in the middle.

Offline Xiro7

« Reply #580 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 08:58:03 »

Nothing. Zealios are a league of their own. No Cherry switch will feel remotely close to any of them :cool:

If you must describe the feel, imagine a slightly heavier MX Brown weight without the scratchiness with an MX Clear bump that's super drawn out in the middle.

Quit playin' games with my heart. Sounds like my perfect switch.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #581 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:06:55 »
Hey Zeal, I see the order page for the group buy pricing is still up on your site. Is that correct, they're still up for order? Debating grabbing some for a build in the near future, just want to be sure to order them properly!

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #582 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:26:56 »
Hey Zeal, I see the order page for the group buy pricing is still up on your site. Is that correct, they're still up for order? Debating grabbing some for a build in the near future, just want to be sure to order them properly!

Yeah, 65g and 78gs are still available. Had a few people PM me asking to extend GB pricing til Friday.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #583 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:37:14 »

Yeah, 65g and 78gs are still available. Had a few people PM me asking to extend GB pricing til Friday.

Okay, cool! The dropdown on your site still has all 5 types available, just as a heads up. Guess I'll have to play with my switch tester a bit tonight and make a decision.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #584 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 18:21:56 »
Just got my shipping notice from Zeal that my 78's are cuming down under  :thumb: .

Nice to see at least one Group Buy NOT degenerating into a scam, like the others I had participated in.

Thanks Zeal for making this happen and keeping it HONEST which is now quite rare for geekhack these days.

Offline MMjacksN

« Reply #585 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 19:18:08 »
The dropdown on your site still has all 5 types available, just as a heads up.

Yeah, but if you select 62g or 67g it says they're sold out.

Offline Siraj

« Reply #586 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 03:53:03 »
Do we get a notification through our email if we live outside USA? Or do we have the check the status on Zeal's website?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #587 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 09:53:21 »
Do we get a notification through our email if we live outside USA? Or do we have the check the status on Zeal's website?

Every order will get a notification email of being shipped. If your order has tracking (Canada Post domestic, DHL Express), then you will receive a tracking number. If you opted for Canada Post Int'l Small Packet Air, then "N/A" will be filled in the place of the tracking number. Orders shipped by Canada Post Small Packet Air take around 6-10 business days to arrive.

Offline MrDaddio

« Reply #588 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 09:59:14 »
Is there any way I can add more switches to my order without paying for more shipping, I don't beleive my order has shipped yet. Thanks!

Offline pwade3

« Reply #589 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 10:02:49 »
BUT WHERE ARE MY ZEALIOS THAT I ORDERED JUST LAST NIGHT?

SHOULDN'T THEY HAVE SHIPPED BY NOW?

Sarcasm of course, super excited for my zealios and the feelios that will hopefully accompany them. Current plans are for them to go into a Clueboard to take to the office to replace the stock dell membrane keyboard that I use at the moment.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #590 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 10:09:09 »
Is there any way I can add more switches to my order without paying for more shipping, I don't beleive my order has shipped yet. Thanks!

Send me an Email with your order # and requested switches.

Sarcasm of course, super excited for my zealios and the feelios that will hopefully accompany them. Current plans are for them to go into a Clueboard to take to the office to replace the stock dell membrane keyboard that I use at the moment.

I've already received such emails from orders less than a week ago...

Offline Xiro7

« Reply #591 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 10:15:25 »

Where's my order? Don't you know I am an Amazon Prime member?
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 April 2016, 10:41:42 by Xiro7 »

Offline pwade3

« Reply #592 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 10:34:48 »

Well, you can take it two ways, either they're really excited and just want their zealios.

Or they're just paranoid you're gonna take the money and run.  :))

Offline yomammary

« Reply #593 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 10:55:17 »

Well, you can take it two ways, either they're really excited and just want their zealios.

Even Massdrop isn't that fast on running a GB (compared to Zeal). So people need to chill.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline db268

« Reply #594 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 11:19:40 »

Every order will get a notification email of being shipped. If your order has tracking (Canada Post domestic, DHL Express), then you will receive a tracking number. If you opted for Canada Post Int'l Small Packet Air, then "N/A" will be filled in the place of the tracking number. Orders shipped by Canada Post Small Packet Air take around 6-10 business days to arrive.

Did all the 67g orders shipped already?

Offline spwath

« Reply #595 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 12:08:24 »

Even Massdrop isn't that fast on running a GB (compared to Zeal). So people need to chill.

Yeah. We just want our switches.
I'm building my first custom keyboard.

Offline yomammary

« Reply #596 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 12:49:18 »

Yeah. We just want our switches.
I'm building my first custom keyboard.
So am I. :-*
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #597 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 13:00:57 »
I'm excited for these switches no doubt, but Zeal, please take it easy, don't wanna burn yourself out

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #598 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 13:35:23 »

Did all the 67g orders shipped already?

No, not yet.

I'm excited for these switches no doubt, but Zeal, please take it easy, don't wanna burn yourself out

Thanks for your concern. I won't be burning myself out anytime soon. :)

Just packed another 50 or so orders ready to go out today. This means all orders from #2565 - #2900 have already been packed and are being/have already been shipped out.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #599 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 13:47:01 »

Just packed another 50 or so orders ready to go out today. This means all orders from #2565 - #2900 have already been packed and are being/have already been shipped out.

Dang dude, that's some impressive order processing.

Also, your site mentions directions about bulk orders. Are you at liberty to disclose if any bulk orders were placed? Was just wondering if anyone out there ordered more than 20,000 at once.