Author Topic: [IC] Elite - F13 TKL (proto arrived to me !!!)  (Read 41321 times)

Offline prettydouchebag

Re: [IC] Elite - F13 TKL
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 18:15:57 »
For those who don't FAQ with the engravings and are not going in on it, more for the true 35p(hence the amount of boards produced, smh)

Keep it up, Yoot.

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 18:47:01 »
random bull**** engravings go?
ºΔº

Offline Jefff

• jlabs.co
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 23:18:33 »
Honestly, not a huge fan of the engravings. Between this and the Calliope, I agree with some others that this feels a bit cash-grabby. If you insist on the engravings, I'd make them a bit cleaner. Additionally, information such as case materials, colours, layouts, plates, lighting, HS, etc should all be in the plates, and one should not need to extensively read the comments to gather this information.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 March 2021, 22:33:40 by Jefff »

Offline Brioric

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 02:11:48 »
Needs more engravings ;)

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 07:07:27 »
Honestly, not a huge fan of the engravings. Between this and the Calliope, I agree with some others that this feels a bit cash=grabby. If you insist on the engravings, I'd make them a bit cleaner. Additionally, information such as case materials, colours, layouts, plates, lighting, HS, etc should all be in the plates, and one should not need to extensively read the comments to gather this information.

not really understanding the cash grab comments when I haven't even given a price and have a limited amount of units. If I was cash grabbing, I would be doing an unlimited group buy at 700 bucks !

Offline Xanira

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 09:04:14 »
the hecc... so much hate... ill take one

Offline prettydouchebag

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 10:10:59 »
Honestly, not a huge fan of the engravings. Between this and the Calliope, I agree with some others that this feels a bit cash=grabby. If you insist on the engravings, I'd make them a bit cleaner. Additionally, information such as case materials, colours, layouts, plates, lighting, HS, etc should all be in the plates, and one should not need to extensively read the comments to gather this information.

not really understanding the cash grab comments when I haven't even given a price and have a limited amount of units. If I was cash grabbing, I would be doing an unlimited group buy at 700 bucks !

Yeah, again, I still don't understand how this is a grab, when 'kpop inspired' boards are more and more rampant. Everyone just pulls out their wallets for that. I feel that this is some of the gatekeepers tryna keep the v-tube community separate from this hobby.

And this is coming from a K-pop mech simp myself(praying for RBB)

Offline halocantkb

• Formerly 'shota_irl'
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 10:30:48 »

Yeah, again, I still don't understand how this is a grab, when 'kpop inspired' boards are more and more rampant. Everyone just pulls out their wallets for that. I feel that this is some of the gatekeepers tryna keep the v-tube community separate from this hobby.

i don't think anyone has said that kpop boards aren't cashgrabby

if you're gonna do an inspired board at least actually try to take some design inspiration, instead of "lmao let's just cover generic tkl w/ references"

« Last Edit: Mon, 22 March 2021, 10:32:53 by halocantkb »

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 10:44:58 »

if you're gonna do an inspired board at least actually try to take some design inspiration, instead of "lmao let's just cover generic tkl w/ references"

are you implyhing the design has no inspiration related to miko ?  kinda not true ...

Offline halocantkb

• Formerly 'shota_irl'
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 10:48:57 »

are you implyhing the design has no inspiration related to miko ?  kinda not true ...
please elaborate

Sent from my ELE-L04 using Tapatalk

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 11:06:35 »

please elaborate

Sent from my ELE-L04 using Tapatalk

Her shrine maiden outfit (this one) has a lot of small details, but the most notable in my opinion is the side boob. Because of the revealing nature of this, the sides are inset with handholds and curvy because of her curvy build. There are two layers because of insets because of this, as you see the arm before the sideboob (hence wakipai energy). A brass through hole weight was chosen because of her golden bow around her waist. I decided to go with many engravings not only because I think they represent her quite nicely but also because her outfit is quite busy. If I were to design a board based of another vtuber, take Beatani Chisato, who has a much simpler outfit, there would not be as many engravings. There are 35 units because of mikopi, 5.3 degree angle because I thought 3.5 would be too low so I reversed the numbers. I don't mind as much when people say I'm cash grabbing but I do get offended when they say one of my boards is "uninspired"  :-[

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 11:14:11 »
To avoid those comments, it would probably be a good idea to explain how the design decisions reflect the source of inspiration in the initial post of any new themed keyboard interest check.

Looking forward to adding a Miko L to my collection. My Calli L is getting lonely.

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 11:15:21 »
To avoid those comments, it would probably be a good idea to explain how the design decisions reflect the source of inspiration in the initial post of any new themed keyboard interest check.

Looking forward to adding a Miko L to my collection. My Calli L is getting lonely.

don't think most people care and adds extra scrolling

Offline Livid

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 11:38:11 »
Imagine calling a 35 unit GB a "cash grab" and saying to "fix" a design choice...

Offline of_sam

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 12:05:17 »
Tits.
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 13:47:40 »
Wasn't satisfied with interior engraving so, with the help of qarmaa (ty so much!) the engravings have been updated a bit. Will make actual renders after tweaking a bit  ;D

Offline gnaw

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 14:13:05 »
Wasn't satisfied with interior engraving so, with the help of qarmaa (ty so much!) the engravings have been updated a bit. Will make actual renders after tweaking a bit  ;D

Show Image

this more nice and clean, very elite

Offline Baka Bot

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 14:13:46 »

Show Image

hmm yes new engravings yes yes.

Offline qats

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 14:16:33 »
dear god :eek:

Offline yoot

• none
Re: [IC] Elite - F13 TKL (updated engravings)
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 17:26:09 »
added renders of updated engravings

Offline Alessio

• YT Channel
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 19:12:59 »
faq yoot

Offline Sicowa

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 21:42:35 »
can't wait to take this L.
Love the updated inside engraving yoot.  :eek:
Collection: Khajit 60, Leopold FC980C, Pepper, Ex. Visa, Daedalus

pfp:https://twitter.com/kuroseP/status/1305179874429079553?s=19

Offline Jefff

• jlabs.co
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 23:06:46 »
Honestly, not a huge fan of the engravings. Between this and the Calliope, I agree with some others that this feels a bit cash-grabby. If you insist on the engravings, I'd make them a bit cleaner. Additionally, information such as case materials, colours, layouts, plates, lighting, HS, etc should all be in the plates, and one should not need to extensively read the comments to gather this information.

Sorry if I was unclear, I’ll elaborate. By cash-grabby, there are three main elements I’m referring to:

1. The updated engravings do look much better IMO, and they really show dedication to the project, but they aren’t (in my opinion) enough to distinguish this board from other TKL designs.

2. I haven’t heard anything from Miko regarding this board. Granted, I know literally nothing about vtubers and hololive, but it seems kinda weird to me to base a board off someone else’s online persona and profit from it. I also don’t know what the precedent is regarding boards/keycap sets inspired by other people, so I could be very wrong on this point.

3. IN MY OPINION, I see 35 boards as being too few to show commitment to the project but too many to make purely as a passion project. The production costs of 35 units will also be quite expensive compared to a higher number.

Final note: Please take everything I said here with a grain of salt. These opinions represent what I think of the IC, as it currently stands. What you think may be entirely different from what I think, and that is entirely ok. If you’d like some renders of the updated board with keycaps, feel free to hit me up on Discord at Jefff#5555. Best of luck with the board!

Offline of_sam

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 23:08:08 »

Sorry if I was unclear, I’ll elaborate. By cash-grabby, there are three main elements I’m referring to:

1. The updated engravings do look much better IMO, and they really show dedication to the project, but they aren’t (in my opinion) enough to distinguish this board from other TKL designs.

2. I haven’t heard anything from Miko regarding this board. Granted, I know literally nothing about vtubers and hololive, but it seems kinda weird to me to base a board off someone else’s online persona and profit from it. I also don’t know what the precedent is regarding boards/keycap sets inspired by other people, so I could be very wrong on this point.

3. IN MY OPINION, I see 35 boards as being too few to show commitment to the project but too many to make purely as a passion project. The production costs of 35 units will also be quite expensive compared to a higher number.

Final note: Please take everything I said here with a grain of salt. These opinions represent what I think of the IC, as it currently stands. What you think may be entirely different from what I think, and that is entirely ok. If you’d like some renders of the updated board with keycaps, feel free to hit me up on Discord at Jefff#5555. Best of luck with the board!
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=107202.0 35 boards....
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 March 2021, 23:10:12 by of_sam »
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline FestiveIV

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 23:24:53 »
will trade for zero two

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 10:04:33 »

To address your points:

1. I never claimed for this board to be vastly different from other boards but even so I do believe the side profile is somewhat unique—not going to say its never been done before but I haven't seen it on other boards. I am planning on offering unique plate materials with run to further differentiate it. On top of that, I mainly made this board an f13 tkl because I wanted one and didn't see any that appealed to me on the market :).

2. It's kind of hard to explain if you don't understand it already but it feels really cool to own/create something based off a character or thing that you enjoy. Same reason why people make boards based off cars, kpop idols, etc.

3. 35 boards was chosen because Sakura Miko's fan name is Mikopi (35p). 35 units is also a number feel comfortable with. Sure, I could go with something like 70 units (like Calliope) but I feel like that would detract from the theme. What I will say about price is that I am hoping for sub 600 USD (makes me sad because I like boards to be a bit cheaper but the bottom is quite complex in terms of machining complexity).

Thanks for your explanation of what you meant by cash-grabby, though!

Offline LaserCrafter

• reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 05:32:59 »
Maybe I should start watching anime...
Keyboard Collection: Unikorn, Orion v2.5, Orion v3, Realforce 87u, Viper v3, NMB RT8756CGR, Unicorn x Legend, Das II, TC-V3, Jetfire, Wang 325-3770, Lightpad v2

Keyset Collection: OG Doubleshots, CRP 2551 R4, Muted 2, Cyan R1, WoB, DCS Wyse, ISO OG POM, ePBT Blanks, BSP Blanks, BoW + Gigachild

Offline prettydouchebag

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 10:05:06 »
Can't wait for my first wakipai-energy board.

Offline Kinesiologist

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 18:05:30 »
Will the case be compatible with hiney h88 pcb?

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 20:33:26 »
You guys are silly as hell. I wouldn't know v-tube from hentai, but the board looks really nice and I'd be happy to own one.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 11:18:19 »
I have ordered some Bakelite plates to test and they have arrived--board protos haven't, though

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 10:51:22 »
Proto pics have come in from the factory:

Offline dantambok

Re: [IC] Elite - F13 TKL (proto pics from factory)
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 11:21:42 »
damn that looks really nice
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline aethernet

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 11:33:19 »
looking great! i'm really liking the engravings too :thumb:

Offline UswordM

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 23:53:51 »
This board looks so noice

Offline Sicowa

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 00:46:58 »
poggu poggu

Offline charlie_kabe

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 12:33:15 »
 :-*

Offline shima

• keeb weeb
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 14:25:50 »
oh man

i lost  :blank:
boards: anura

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 15:30:40 »
yoot is my friend and  he has made me like  the vtuber
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Belled

• I like shoobs
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 20:48:05 »
Very Cultured

I'm reporting you to dell customer service

Offline tsukune1349

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 21:41:53 »
New engraving is fire but I would honestly show the inner engraving on the back and vice versa  :-X

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 01:43:03 »
yooo another cash grab at vtubers!

Offline yoot

• none
Re: [IC] Elite - F13 TKL (proto arrived to me !!!)
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 20:07:51 »
proto arrived to me—after testing with pcb I plan on doing an in-stock buy.

stay tuned  ;)

Offline prettydouchebag

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 20:39:53 »
In-stock buy..... LEZ GOOOO

WAKIPAI ENGY STRONK

Offline Sicowa

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 21:05:18 »
in stock lets go  :eek:

so excited!

Offline qats

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 21:20:41 »
very poggers of you yoot

Offline adi

• adi.kbds; Consider ePBT Fruit Chew
    • Adi Nikumbh
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 21:28:09 »
That bottom curve is ****in nice, but the engravings put me off

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 21:29:22 »
any info on the pcb?

Offline UswordM

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 23:15:22 »
In stock, pog the hype is real!

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #99 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 17:59:34 »
any info on the pcb?

It will use an h88c-style pcb with north facing spacebar stab