Author Topic: Hexgears impulse color modes?  (Read 4635 times)

Offline grapefruit

Hexgears impulse color modes?
« on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 09:55:06 »
So I just got a Hexgears Impulse which I'm really enjoying so far. It has a lot of complicated RGB lighting modes that I think are fun, but that I don't really understand from the fairly short keyboard reference that got included with my keyboard... can anyone explain exactly what all the different modes/options are, or point me to a document that really clearly lays it all out?

I can't find any email address to contact Hexgears directly, so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks.

Offline grapefruit

Re: Hexgears impulse color modes?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 06 September 2020, 09:34:46 »
Ok, I just played around with it and figured it out myself, and figured I might as well document it for others here.

So there are two different things: the "side LED" -- that's the rim around the keyboard that lights up in various ways and the keys themselves. And both of these can have their color manipulated in various ways.

All the changes are controlled by function keys + something else.

Side LED:

Fn + PrtSc = you get a full, rainbow-color border around the keyboard. (IF it's in a mode where that applies, given the Fn + PgDn status)

Fn + Pause = you get one specific color border around the keyboard (red, green, blue, white, light blue, light magenta, dark magenta, orange)... might or might not be changing somehow depending on Fn + PgDn status

Fn + PgDn = switches modes for the side LED
-the whole LED is a single color that cycles... e.g. blue to green to yellow, etc.
-rainbow color that moves counter-clockwise
-rainbow color that moves in both directions
-stable rainbow color

Fn + ,< = decreases speed of the light changes for the side LED

Fn + .> = increases speed of the light changes for the side LED

Fn + -_ = decreases brightness of the side LED, all the way down to "off"

Fn + =+ = increases brightness of the side LED

Keys:

The modes under "Ins" "Del" and "Home" appear to be choices... each of them has a menu of options, and if you pick an option in one category, then the other categories are deactivated.

Fn + Ins = cycles between several modes for how the keys light up.
1. Pressing a key sends rainbow light from that key through the whole keyboard.
2. Light goes outward from the key pressed only in that row.
3. Light moves in two split columns on either away from the key towards the rest
4. A key lights only itself up, and the light lasts briefly.
5. All the keys are lit up continuously with stable light.

Fn + Home = "breathing mode," so the whole keyboard is lit up with a color that changes continuously, as if the keyboard is 'breathing'

Fn + PgUp = changes the color of the key presses to a single color instead of mixed colors... that single color can be changed by pressing this repeatedly.

Fn + Del = Several more light modes for the keys:
-All lit up with the same color. This color can be changed by using Fn + Pgup
-Random keys all over the keyboard being lit up. Default is mixed colors, but Fn + PgUp can change this to a single color
-A pulsing rainbow light under all the keys
-A pulsing single light under all the keys
-A rainbow light under rthe keys that changes in a wave-like fashion under the keys
-A different kind of wave, this oen going more left to right...
-Yet another kind of wave, kind of bouncing
-Another kind of wave, going in diagonals
-Another kind of wave, going across rows

Fn + End = turns all the lights on the keys off

Fn + up arrow key = increases brightness of key light
Fn + down arrow key = decreases brightness of key light
Fn + left arrow key = decreases speed of key light changes
Fn + right arrow key = decreases speed of key light changes
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 September 2020, 09:52:19 by grapefruit »

Offline Horsebadorties

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 19:30:18 »
Thanks for posting this last year, grapefruit. This is much more complete and descriptive than the Hexgears "Product Manual".

Offline grapefruit

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 19:53:30 »
Thanks for posting this last year, grapefruit. This is much more complete and descriptive than the Hexgears "Product Manual".

You're welcome! I will also note that I'd emailed Hexgears about this, and right after I'd posted the above description, I got an email from them with a link to an instruction manual which is a bit more thorough than the product reference that comes with the keyboard:

268541-0