Author Topic: column of keys not working (already tried jumping switches)  (Read 1011 times)

Offline skeep

column of keys not working (already tried jumping switches)
« on: Fri, 08 March 2024, 13:24:51 »
TLDR:
the keyboard is hyperx alloy elite rgb
column [f4][4][r][f][c][space] stopped working
Code: [Select]
right pin [r] -> left pin [workingswitches]
prints out the key on the same column as [workingswitches] but on the row of [r]
left pin [r] -> right pin [workingswitches]
nothing happens
left pin[r] -> left pin [workingswitches]
prints out the key on the same column as [workingswitches] but on the row of [r] when i press [r]
right pin[r] -> right pin [workingswitches]
nothing happens
left and right pin [r] -> left pin[workingswitches]
prints out the key on the same column as [workingswitches] but on the row of [r]
prints [f6] if [workingswitches] on same row as [f6]
prints [6] if [workingswitches] on same row as [6]
nothing happens if [workingswitches] is on same row as [r]
prints [h] if [workingswitches] on same row as [h]
prints [b] if [workingswitches] on same row as [b]
heres the whole story:
googled some stuff and it says maybe i should try cleaning it, i open the keyboard, the backcover too, i dont see anything dirty on the pcb so i clean the keycaps and put the keyboard back together, i plug it in and it shows up as storage device, (crp disabled),open the keyboard again, dont see anything wrong, didnt miss any wire, i try and google to fix that,some software solutions come up , nothing works so i just put the keyboard to the side for a few hours,take a nap, plug it back in, and it works, including the column which was not working for some minutes then the column stops working again, so i go back to google and it says maybe trace is broken, so i try and use wires to jump switches to try and make them work, need more help on how/what to do, cant print out any key from the not working column using the wires
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 March 2024, 12:14:18 by skeep »

Offline sarahn27

• Null Design Co
Re: column of keys not working (already tried jumping switches)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 12 March 2024, 14:33:49 »
TLDR:
the keyboard is hyperx alloy elite rgb
Code: [Select]
right pin [r] -> left pin [workingswitches]
left pin [r] -> right pin [workingswitches]
nothing happens
left pin[r] -> left pin [workingswitches]
prints out the key on the same column as [workingswitches] but on the row of [r] when i press [r]
right pin[r] -> right pin [workingswitches]
nothing happens
prints [f6] if [workingswitches] on same row as [f6]
prints [6] if [workingswitches] on same row as [6]
nothing happens if [workingswitches] is on same row as [r]
prints [h] if [workingswitches] on same row as [h]
prints [b] if [workingswitches] on same row as [b]
heres the whole story:
googled some stuff and it says maybe i should try cleaning it, i open the keyboard, the backcover too, i dont see anything dirty on the pcb so i clean the keycaps and put the keyboard back together, i plug it in and it shows up as storage device, (crp disabled),open the keyboard again, dont see anything wrong, didnt miss any wire, i try and google to fix that,some software solutions come up , nothing works so i just put the keyboard to the side for a few hours,take a nap, plug it back in, and it works, including the column which was not working for some minutes then the column stops working again, so i go back to google and it says maybe trace is broken, so i try and use wires to jump switches to try and make them work, need more help on how/what to do, cant print out any key from the not working column using the wires

Hope someone else replies because I've been having a similar issue. I soldered MillMax sockets onto a BT65 PCB and the last column of keys doesn't work. I read somewhere that it could be because of a solder bridge so maybe that's the issue here.