Author Topic: People that work in media and design, what keyboard do you use?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
This last year I gave up mechs. I am a Creative Director and have to use other computers sometimes. I became so dependent on the hhkb layout that I was lost when using other's computers.

I decided to go back to a normal layout. I picked up a logitech bluetooth keyboard and bring it with me. I also purposely use my MacBook Pro keyboard at least one day a week just to stay used to it.

It has helped my workflow not having to think about different layouts. I am thinking about jumping back in to one of the logitech mx bt boards.

What are you using? Have you made any changes?

Offline sarahn27

• Null Design Co
Re: People that work in media and design, what keyboard do you use?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 March 2024, 18:42:26 »
This last year I gave up mechs. I am a Creative Director and have to use other computers sometimes. I became so dependent on the hhkb layout that I was lost when using other's computers.

I decided to go back to a normal layout. I picked up a logitech bluetooth keyboard and bring it with me. I also purposely use my MacBook Pro keyboard at least one day a week just to stay used to it.

It has helped my workflow not having to think about different layouts. I am thinking about jumping back in to one of the logitech mx bt boards.

I work in design and I really like the combo of using a 65% and a BT numpad. The 65% is nice because I get the arrow keys without having a weird right shift, and then the numpad for the CAD dimensions/data entry. It's nice to be able to have the flexibility of putting the numpad away if I need more desk space and aren't doing data entry.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 20 March 2024, 06:19:34 »

If you like the hhkb, why not just a big Topre?

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 21 March 2024, 10:45:08 »
I actually jsut got in a 65-75% today. It is that Logitech one. I like that it has bluetooth and a smaller form factor. Now I just have to get used to the layout.

I work in design and I really like the combo of using a 65% and a BT numpad. The 65% is nice because I get the arrow keys without having a weird right shift, and then the numpad for the CAD dimensions/data entry. It's nice to be able to have the flexibility of putting the numpad away if I need more desk space and aren't doing data entry.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 21 March 2024, 10:46:03 »
My job is hybrid so I travel a lot and like to have the same layout. Picked up that logitech bt mechanical to try. Form factor is small enough to travel with.

If you like the hhkb, why not just a big Topre?