Author Topic: [GB] (CLOSED) TX1800 [Finished]  (Read 434378 times)

Offline Belfong

Re: [GB] TX1800
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 02:58:19 »
i have all of kbd parts.(switch.spring.sticker.led.diode.resistor.stabilizers..etc)
you can order together.
also assemble service is possible.
I'm new to GH, so I am not familiar with you, kin.. and it is not a cheap price you have here and with recent incidents, do you have anyone that could vouch? You seem to have good guys like Bunny, Elrick, yicao participating. Will be good for some seller feedback or something. On the other hand, I am still considering and not participating, so I shouldn't have said much :P

Offline YongJK

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 03:03:51 »
i have all of kbd parts.(switch.spring.sticker.led.diode.resistor.stabilizers..etc)
you can order together.
I'm new to GH, so I am not familiar with you, kin.. and it is not a cheap price you have here and with recent incidents, do you have anyone that could vouch? You seem to have good guys like Bunny, Elrick, yicao participating. Will be good for some seller feedback or something. On the other hand, I am still considering and not participating, so I shouldn't have said much :P
Just dont worry when dealing with Ki. He is very responsible and reliable.
I have dealt with him for few times, including LZ-RE. Yes he is the guy handles payment behind LZ (they are good friend), also his lovely wife.

Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline Belfong

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 03:05:42 »
you can order together.
I have dealt with him for few times, including LZ-RE. Yes he is the guy handles payment behind LZ (they are good friend), also his lovely wife.
cool bro! That's good enough for me!  :thumb:

Offline YongJK

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 03:06:50 »
you can order together.
cool bro! That's good enough for me!  :thumb:
having said that, I am also considering whether to get or not.
I love the side of the design.
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 03:28:49 »
having said that, I am also considering whether to get or not.
I love the side of the design.

What's not to like, a FULL Aluminum 1800 layout case, simply the MOST beautifully spec'd keyboard you could ever own  8) .

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 07:25:52 »
you can order together.

Yes. Thanks for your feedback.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 07:39:43 »
Definitely will be grabbing one of these.  :)  That grey case.....   :eek:
Same, wanna build some more keyboards!!!  :p
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 10:03:57 »
Definitely will be grabbing one of these.  :)  That grey case.....   :eek:
Same, wanna build some more keyboards!!!  :p

LOL if it's just the one then yeah.  :P

Offline xauser

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 11:51:17 »
What controllers are used on the 1800 and 3000 pcbs?

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 13:04:44 »
you can order together.

I understand your thinking.
I'm new in GH, too.
But I'm old kbder in Korea.
Most of Korean kbders know me.
Many korean kbders come to my house and eat dinner together and talk about kbd all night long.
I'm not a cheater.
I'm a man who love kbds. The Real Kbdholic.
Once my wife said "You regard kbds as your daughters" when I moved my kbds in my car. because I drove very slowly not for damage on my kbds.
(I have two sons, I really want to have a daughter.)

My korean nickname is "KI-N25" (it means that I line up in your WTS, I want to buy yours.)
I enjoyed kbd for long time and I bought many kbds and parts. (more than 200 kbds, 30000 springs, 30000 switches, 60000 gap films and so on.)
I hope that all kbders can make his kbd easy way.(also cheaper price)
so I have designed led socket for the first time and made switch gap films for timesaving.

This GB is my first GB in GH.
I don't want to disappoint GHers.

300$ is much money. (I agree with you)
I made a lot proto kbds.
The factory raised factory price at last.
So I gave up making TX1800.
But I couldn't give up loving of 1800 kbd.
Also I couldn't raise the price to keep my word. (although friends advised to raise.)

Less than 50ea(total amount of kbdlab, GH and EC), I might even loss money.
(I expect at most 40. I must be a little poor.)
But I don't care about losing money Since I keep on making new kbds and parts for my happy kbd life.

Sorry for BAD English.
I just want you to trust me.
Thanks for reading my long kbd story.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 February 2015, 13:06:15 by kin25 »

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 13:27:10 »
What controllers are used on the 1800 and 3000 pcbs?

ATMEGA32A on LEEKU1800PCB

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 15:07:40 »
OH lawd. Such a  beautiful board! I didn't even know how much I needed this layout until I saw this board. The fact that none of the key cap sets I have on order support it is saving my wallet right now... I guess DSA Dolch could be a placeholder set. Time to consult my finances.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 15:11:12 »
OH lawd. Such a  beautiful board! I didn't even know how much I needed this layout until I saw this board. The fact that none of the key cap sets I have on order support it is saving my wallet right now... I guess DSA Dolch could be a placeholder set. Time to consult my finances.
GMK Hypefuse is going on right now! Problem solved.  :cool:
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 15:13:02 »

Wait.... I thought that the profile of 4-5 of the keys wouldn't be right? I'm a bit behind on that thread. I do have an order in for it though  :thumb:

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 15:15:23 »

Wait.... I thought that the profile of 4-5 of the keys wouldn't be right? I'm a bit behind on that thread. I do have an order in for it though  :thumb:
It very well could be, you'll have to pardon my ignorance, I don't know too much about these custom 1800 boards and the profiles they accommodate, I just thought it was a matter of finding all the right cap sizes..Sorry!  :confused: 
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 15:21:52 »
Are the PCB+plate combos also shipping in april?

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 15:29:28 »

Looks like the Del, End, PgDN will be 1 profile off with Scroll Lock being the correct profile.

I could be wrong but it looks like only three keys will be more difficult to find (you'd probably have to harvest a Cherry G80/81-1800 board for them)
null

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 15:33:57 »
Why does this have to be so NICE?!

My wallet hates me. Will order soon.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 16:13:10 »
*sigh*... so the keyboard I've wanted for awhile has finally arisen... Why am I broke?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 16:22:47 »
GMK Hypefuse is going on right now! Problem solved.  8)

Looks like the Del, End, PgDN will be 1 profile off with Scroll Lock being the correct profile.

I could be wrong but it looks like only three keys will be more difficult to find (you'd probably have to harvest a Cherry G80/81-1800 board for them)

There will be a few keys that are incorrect profiles, but IMO that's not the worst thing to happen.  The definite deal breaker is lack of proper-sized keys (1u 0, short right shift, etc).  Of course proper profile is important and may be a deal breaker for some, but you could at least put all the keys on the board.  ;)

Offline feizor

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 16:30:29 »
Hi Ki,  would you please tell us what the angle of the keyboard is?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 17:01:11 »

I made a lot proto kbds.
Also I couldn't raise the price to keep my word. (although friends advised to raise.)

But I don't care about losing money Since I keep on making new kbds and parts for my happy kbd life.

What's not to like about this guy, a true Keyboard Fanatic and we need more such as him.

Looking forward to buying an 1800 off you and also to put it all together for me as well  :thumb: .

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 17:36:30 »
*sigh*... so the keyboard I've wanted for awhile has finally arisen... Why am I broke?
Same here. :P
I will really have to mull this over because I expect some big expenses by the end of March that might drain my wallet around that time.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 17:54:17 »
This seriously makes me regret going balls deep on that sprit build I'm doing. I'll have the cash in time though, so at least there's that.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 18:00:48 »
Are the PCB+plate combos also shipping in april?
Same. April.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 February 2015, 18:19:02 by kin25 »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 18:29:24 »
This seriously makes me regret going balls deep on that sprit build I'm doing. I'll have the cash in time though, so at least there's that.

Welcome to Geekhack, where you are ALWAYS balls-deep in a variety of positions, sorry I meant Group Buys.........  :p .

Offline Belfong

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 18:56:30 »

you can order together.

I understand your thinking.
I'm new in GH, too.
But I'm old kbder in Korea.
Most of Korean kbders know me.
Many korean kbders come to my house and eat dinner together and talk about kbd all night long.
I'm not a cheater.
I'm a man who love kbds. The Real Kbdholic.
Once my wife said "You regard kbds as your daughters" when I moved my kbds in my car. because I drove very slowly not for damage on my kbds.
(I have two sons, I really want to have a daughter.)

My korean nickname is "KI-N25" (it means that I line up in your WTS, I want to buy yours.)
I enjoyed kbd for long time and I bought many kbds and parts. (more than 200 kbds, 30000 springs, 30000 switches, 60000 gap films and so on.)
I hope that all kbders can make his kbd easy way.(also cheaper price)
so I have designed led socket for the first time and made switch gap films for timesaving.

I made a lot proto kbds.

Sorry for BAD English.
I just want you to trust me.
Thanks for reading my long kbd story.
kin25, I appreciate your spending time explaining! Totally cool!

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 19:17:28 »
Ki, you are my worst nightmare and my sweetest dream at the same time...

My wallet is close to empty and I want EVERYTHING from your group buys and interest checks...  :'( :'( :'(
null

Offline feizor

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 19:46:10 »
SUS or Alu plate? I can't decide :(

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 20:00:36 »
SUS or Alu plate? I can't decide :(

Me either. I'm thinking Sus since mine will probably never leave my desk
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Belfong

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 20:07:24 »
I suppose the only reason between Alu and Stainless is the weight, right? I like my keyboard heavy, so it will be Stainless Steel for me. But man.... The cost!

Offline feizor

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 20:21:52 »
I suppose the only reason between Alu and Stainless is the weight, right? I like my keyboard heavy, so it will be Stainless Steel for me. But man.... The cost!
Sus plate is more reflective,  alu has a sparkly finish.  But the main difference is the weight as you've mention and also the rigidity. The sus plate in my duck viper is solid as hell. But I much prefer softer key feel of an alu plate. Hence the indecision.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 20:32:50 »
I choose sus plate because linear switches feel better with sus plate.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 20:41:01 »
Ki, you are my worst nightmare and my sweetest dream at the same time...

My wallet is close to empty and I want EVERYTHING from your group buys and interest checks...  :'( :'( :'(

Right.  nightmare to your wallet.
but... sweetdream to your hands and eyes.

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 21:05:55 »
i also like SUS plate. because I use mx black switches.
generally mx white user like alu plate.
i think that Alu is better to Power Typer.
(if you push strongly, you would feel fingersick on SUS plate)
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 February 2015, 22:49:52 by kin25 »

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 21:11:48 »
By the time this board is done, it's going to be about 10 pounds. Great to use as a blunt weapon against home invasions!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 21:38:56 »
By the time this board is done, it's going to be about 10 pounds. Great to use as a blunt weapon against home invasions!

If someone tries to shoot you with a Glock this baby will deflect the bullets easily  :p .

About time we have a keyboard as heavy as this, no one messes with a Geekhacker hauling his TX1800 about  8) .

Offline Belfong

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 21:42:56 »
Hmm... I'm a clicky switch guy - probably will go with MX Blues - and my typing style is hunt and peck, so I pretty much pound on the keys. Looks like Alu is better based on the couple of post above.

I still can't believe I'm contemplating. Talk me out of this people!!

And I'm not listening to you, Elrick!

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 22:03:51 »
Hmm... I'm a clicky switch guy - probably will go with MX Blues - and my typing style is hunt and peck, so I pretty much pound on the keys. Looks like Alu is better based on the couple of post above.

Just buy it bro  :thumb: this is definitely one you'll regret forever if you don't buy. I've been waiting years for a nice ALU 1800. Glad we finally have one!

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 22:05:47 »
Want.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 22:16:37 »
I've been keeping up with the thread, but I still have a dumb question.  :))

Do we send the initial payment to the email address in the OP?  Or do we wait for an invoice?

Thanks guys.  :)

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 22:47:41 »

Do we send the initial payment to the email address in the OP?  Or do we wait for an invoice?

Just send me. you don't need to wait for an invoice.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 22:56:44 »

Thank you for the quick response.  Money has been sent!   :thumb:   Thanks for running this GB, I'm very excited for it.  :D

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 23:16:23 »

Thank you for the quick response.  Money has been sent!   :thumb:   Thanks for running this GB, I'm very excited for it.  :D

I've checked.
I received  $108.68 USD

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 23:22:15 »

Just buy it bro  :thumb: this is definitely one you'll regret forever if you don't buy. I've been waiting years for a nice ALU 1800. Glad we finally have one!

So true, this is the PERFECT 1800 layout without peers.  Heavy construction which you don't get these days from anyone except GON or Redline so this is the right time to update to a keyboard that will display your GMK's perfectly.

This 1800 version is extremely rare so if you can scrape some moolah together, better do it before February 28th, otherwise you shall be condemned in forever using boring old Filco's, Leopold's and Razer Keyboards  8) .
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 February 2015, 23:24:03 by Elrick »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 23:22:25 »

I've checked.
I received  $108.68 USD

Is that the correct amount?  I sent 113.40 USD as goods payment.   :-[   Is $108.68 the correct amount you should end up with, or should you have the $113.40?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 23:30:32 »
I admit the layout is unique. Love the fact that there is Numpad and arrow keys and yet it is a TKL size. Is that why it is so attractive?

I'll wait until kin offered switches and soldering. I am not sure I know what to do with the plate and case and PCB.

You know what? It's cheaper that a Jack O Lantern! He heehehehehe! Good comparison, no?

Offline unoab

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 23:43:43 »
I've checked.
I received  $108.68 USD
Is that the correct amount?  I sent 113.40 USD as goods payment.   :-[   Is $108.68 the correct amount you should end up with, or should you have the $113.40?

I would imagine so since he factored paypal fees into his pricing on the first page, and the difference there is their fees for goods purchases.  But I'm sure he'll respond back soon to clarify.

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 23:51:31 »

I've checked.
I received  $108.68 USD

Sorry I'm not good at paypal.
Amount received:  $113.40 USD
Fee amount:  -$4.72 USD
Net amount:  $108.68 USD

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 23:56:10 »
I admit the layout is unique. Love the fact that there is Numpad and arrow keys and yet it is a TKL size. Is that why it is so attractive?

I'll wait until kin offered switches and soldering. I am not sure I know what to do with the plate and case and PCB.

You know what? It's cheaper that a Jack O Lantern! He heehehehehe! Good comparison, no?

I might have What you need.
Just send me the message. (switch, spring, LED ... etc).