Author Topic: [GB] 75% Skeleton Keyboard  (Read 117032 times)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [GB] 75% Skeleton Keyboard Kit (Waiting for PCBs/switches)
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 14:51:51 »
I count 3 mess ups on your part right there.  So why lie again in a half assed response.  You messed up by underestimating.  You messed up by not having a soldering iron. You messed up by not ordering boxes.
I've updated the spreadsheet to represent the order in which parts will be shipped in.

I'll admit I could've thought things through better but mistakes are and have been made. It's been 2 months since I took payment, things could be a lot worse.

That's cute.  Putting me to last because I called you out on your mistakes

Do you want it unassembled or assembled? Your order is at the bottom because your kit is waiting for switches, wants assembly and requires SMDs.

Offline HMS Roebuck

« Reply #251 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 14:53:41 »
I count 3 mess ups on your part right there.  So why lie again in a half assed response.  You messed up by underestimating.  You messed up by not having a soldering iron. You messed up by not ordering boxes.
I've updated the spreadsheet to represent the order in which parts will be shipped in.

I'll admit I could've thought things through better but mistakes are and have been made. It's been 2 months since I took payment, things could be a lot worse.

That's cute.  Putting me to last because I called you out on your mistakes

Do you want it unassembled or assembled? Your order is at the bottom because your kit is waiting for switches, wants assembly and requires SMDs.

My order is now in dispute with paypal because it was not shipped in June as was promised with the original order

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #252 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 14:58:29 »
My order is now in dispute with paypal because it was not shipped in June as was promised with the original order
Cool. First line of the dispute is a lie. I'll follow up there, but I don't see why you couldn't of messaged me privately before starting a **** storm ^-^

Offline fendent

• * Maker
Re: [GB] 75% Skeleton Keyboard Kit (Assembling soon)
« Reply #253 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:00:36 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:02:31 by fendent »

Offline HMS Roebuck

« Reply #254 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:05:42 »
Cool. First line of the dispute is a lie. I'll follow up there, but I don't see why you couldn't of messaged me privately before starting a **** storm ^-^

First line is not a lie and I have screen shots to prove everything

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #255 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:07:04 »

Please keep it in the PayPal dispute or PM me so we can work something out.

Offline HMS Roebuck

« Reply #256 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:09:17 »

Please keep it in the PayPal dispute or PM me so we can work something out.

I will keep this pubic as everyone should see your lies

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #257 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:11:20 »

Was waiting not part of the dream?

Offline HMS Roebuck

« Reply #258 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:15:03 »
Show Image

Having it ship when I was told it would ship was common sense.  Being lied to after the fact made me realize that I can't trust you or your work. 

That message was private and not sent through Geekhack though.... Once again showing your character

Offline HMS Roebuck

« Reply #259 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:16:56 »
Show Image

Also I'd gladly pay double for a board that was actually shipped to me.  This newbie learned to not trust everyone on this board and not all group buys are created equal

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #260 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:26:50 »
I will no longer communicate with you through this thread. Please check your messages so that we can fix the issue you are having. By not replying you are agreeing that you do not want to solve your issue at all. Thanks.

Offline HMS Roebuck

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:28:35 »
By not replying you are agreeing that you do not want to solve your issue at all.

Offline HMS Roebuck

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:38:24 »
Got an update/schedule for this week?

So which switches are missing? In the first post you say that only the regular Gateron switches are missing, is this correct?

Are you going to answer them?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 17:33:40 »

By participating in a group buy, you inherently agree to put forth the money for the creation of a custom, made-to-order product that is not easily available elsewhere.

The majority of the money is not with the group buy leader, and the GB leader, in most cases, is not a vendor who is obligated to kiss your feet and provide Amazon-like customer service by bending over and letting you go to town with your self-entitlement in tow. You're not buying something that's in stock, and delays are very common. Not understanding that and making a beeline for Paypal is equivalent to burning all bridges. Nobody would want to do any business w/ you when you have a track record of jumping the gun and crying to Paypal. You're trying to take the money out of the pocket of the GB leader who is trying to provide a community service, and actively communicating with you in a cordial manner to resolve the current situation.

And that's ****ed up.

Offline HMS Roebuck

« Reply #264 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 19:32:26 »

So which switches are missing? In the first post you say that only the regular Gateron switches are missing, is this correct?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #265 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 19:33:11 »

By participating in a group buy, you inherently agree to put forth the money for the creation of a custom, made-to-order product that is not easily available elsewhere.

The majority of the money is not with the group buy leader, and the GB leader, in most cases, is not a vendor who is obligated to kiss your feet and provide Amazon-like customer service by bending over and letting you go to town with your self-entitlement in tow. You're not buying something that's in stock, and delays are very common. Not understanding that and making a beeline for Paypal is equivalent to burning all bridges. Nobody would want to do any business w/ you when you have a track record of jumping the gun and crying to Paypal. You're trying to take the money out of the pocket of the GB leader who is trying to provide a community service, and actively communicating with you in a cordial manner to resolve the current situation.

And that's ****ed up.

No, it's ****ed up to get lied to.  He mentioned he did not mess up and then mentioned how he messed up.  He said he had everything when he didn't.  Multiple people are confused as to what he actually has.  He said he was waiting on switches, boxes, and a soldering iron but now mine is supposed to be shipped next week?  Probably another lie.  I gave my money to someone expecting honesty.  I will gladly burn any bridge necessary to watch this  lying sack of **** burn now

edit: This is kind of funny at this point.  I actually own a custom order business that makes things out of plastics.  If I was a month late I would be expected to return the money or be in small claims court.  It wouldn't matter how much I or my vendors had messed up.  I would definitely not be able to continue to have a business if I threatened a customer in any way like changing their order status because they wanted to know where I messed up and what the new expected delivery was.  Most people want to know if their order is going to come this year.

You started a ****ing claim without even contacting me personally ONCE. There was no effort from you at all to resolve your issue. I, unlike you, am NOT A VENDOR. THIS IS A GROUP BUY. I'm not sure how calling me a lying sack of **** is going to get you anywhere. Your order is going to be shipped unassembled because I offered this as courtesy for people being kind.

This is your first group buy, and I hope it's your last because I don't want you ****ing anyone else over.

Offline HMS Roebuck

« Reply #266 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 19:33:50 »

And that's ****ed up.

No, it's ****ed up to get lied to.  He mentioned he did not mess up and then mentioned how he messed up.  He said he had everything when he didn't.  Multiple people are confused as to what he actually has.  He said he was waiting on switches, boxes, and a soldering iron but now mine is supposed to be shipped next week?  Probably another lie.  I gave my money to someone expecting honesty.  I will gladly burn any bridge necessary to watch this  lying sack of **** burn now
Show Image

Argumentum ad Hominem

Offline Shados

« Reply #267 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 19:35:17 »

And that's ****ed up.

edit: This is kind of funny at this point.  I actually own a custom order business that makes things out of plastics.  If I was a month late I would be expected to return the money or be in small claims court.  It wouldn't matter how much I or my vendors had messed up.  I would definitely not be able to continue to have a business if I threatened a customer in any way like changing their order status because they wanted to know where I messed up and what the new expected delivery was.  Most people want to know if their order is going to come this year.

I understand that it is painful for your expectations to not be met, but I feel your experience as a business owner is probably skewing your perspective a little here. xondat is not running a business that sells products (even custom ones) on a regular basis, and as such has no hard data to base shipping estimates on, only the estimations of the suppliers he worked with. I'm also assuming that he doesn't have the ability to see the future, but that's probably a safe bet.

If you take a look at past GBs ran here, you will find that most of them do have some degree of slip on shipping dates, because it isn't possible to make accurate estimations for irregular one-off productions like these.

Given that you were unhappy with the timeline and communication, you could have just contacted xondat directly and requested a refund. Your first reaction did not have to be the nuclear option of attacking him in a public forum and opening a PayPal dispute.

Offline Otesanek

« Reply #268 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 19:35:35 »
You should do some research on GBs man. A 1 month delay is NOTHING comparatively.

Offline HMS Roebuck

« Reply #269 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 19:36:41 »

And that's ****ed up.

You started a ****ing claim without even contacting me personally ONCE. There was no effort from you at all to resolve your issue. I, unlike you, am NOT A VENDOR. THIS IS A GROUP BUY. I'm not sure how calling me a lying sack of **** is going to get you anywhere. Your order is going to be shipped unassembled because I offered this as courtesy for people being kind.

This is your first group buy, and I hope it's your last because I don't want you ****ing anyone else over.

This should be your last as you have been lying and avoiding answering questions.  Also you are obviously not following through on your promises as to what would be purchased.  I would not have joined if the soldering was not included

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #270 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 19:38:06 »
Ask away. I will answer all the questions you have, publicly. Just use some manners please.

Offline HMS Roebuck

« Reply #271 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 19:38:55 »
You should do some research on GBs man. A 1 month delay is NOTHING comparatively.

I've been in other group buys for products.  I know that delays are common.  I wouldn't have a problem with the delays if the complete lack of information and multiple lies were not combined with the delay.  The lies and complete lack of when the product should be expected is unacceptable.

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 19:39:13 »

And that's ****ed up.

Show Image

Argumentum ad Hominem

That's literally all you've done, aside from the petitio principii that you've been throwing around.

Offline HMS Roebuck

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 19:42:50 »

And that's ****ed up.

I understand that it is painful for your expectations to not be met, but I feel your experience as a business owner is probably skewing your perspective a little here. xondat is not running a business that sells products (even custom ones) on a regular basis, and as such has no hard data to base shipping estimates on, only the estimations of the suppliers he worked with. I'm also assuming that he doesn't have the ability to see the future, but that's probably a safe bet.

If you take a look at past GBs ran here, you will find that most of them do have some degree of slip on shipping dates, because it isn't possible to make accurate estimations for irregular one-off productions like these.

Given that you were unhappy with the timeline and communication, you could have just contacted xondat directly and requested a refund. Your first reaction did not have to be the nuclear option of attacking him in a public forum and opening a PayPal dispute.

My first reaction was not the nuclear one.  Let's make that clear.  I posted on these forums first asking questions on where the mistakes were and what we could expect going forward.  All I got in return were lies and absolutely nothing telling anyone in the group buy what he has or when we can expect the product.  After I received that response I knew that I could no longer trust "xondat" and had only the nuclear option left.

If he simply would've answered the questions telling where the mistakes were and what I could expect going forward then 95% of this wouldn't have happened.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #274 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 19:44:17 »
Schedule is to send out 1 board to someone that can't wait. Other PCBs will be soldered afterwards.

See the spreadsheet, the yellow gateron fields are missing. I've reached out to Sherry for an update.

Offline HMS Roebuck

« Reply #275 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 19:45:30 »

And that's ****ed up.

Show Image

Argumentum ad Hominem

That's literally all you've done, aside from the petitio principii that you've been throwing around.

Ordering parts tomorrow, I cancelled the remaining invoices. Plates should take a few days to be made and to arrive so sneak shots will be coming soon.

Parts were all ordered on 5/27 but we don't have an update saying you have them all almost 2 months later.  Did you not order them all as you stated?

Update 4 - 5/1/2016
Some complications have arisen when I was trying to get my PayPal limits increased. This means that my account will not be able to have the limit increased until approximately the 20th of May. It isn't all bad news, as I'm still able to go up to the limit. Following this news, a couple of things will happen:

1) I will reopen the group buy until I am able to increase the limit.
2) Anybody that is interested in anodizing both plates will be able to pay, you should message me able this.
3) The estimated shipping dates will change - looking at mid June now.

I wish there was more I could do, but I can't. I apologise for this.

If there are any problems, please let me know as soon as possible so we can work something out.

Update 5 - 5/20/2016

All invoices were sent by the end of the 19th, therefore all must be paid for by the 26th. If anyone has any issues, please get in touch. I'll be ordering parts as soon as everyone has paid or on the 27th, depending on which comes first.

Ordering was delayed because of Paypal.  Ship date changed to mid June.  It is now mid July and we still don't have the parts let alone the keyboards actually shipped.

No update. PCBs are in production. I'm still alive. Everything seems well.
Do you have an ETA on the pcbs so we can get an idea of how long this delay will be?
I'm expecting them to ship next week.

FYI I will be away for a week on the 28th for my 2 year anniversary with my girlfriend but the PCBs will still be delivered as others are at home. I'll be having a days rest after I get back and then cranking out 3/4 PCBs a day.

You stated after every delay so far that you would begin on them after your vacation.  You state that you were leaving for a week on the 28th.  That would have mean starting the keyboards would have started on ~6th of July.  Let's assume you took an extra long vacation and stayed the next weekend until the 10th.  This would mean starting Monday the 11th you would start doing 3/4 a day as you stated you would.  As of yesterday you should have 24 boards done using your low number of 3 a day.

Sometime today you should have finished the 25th board and every one should be done. 

Are they being shipped in the next few days or are there lies in your posts?  Where did you mess up?  When can we expect what we paid for or should we be reaching out to paypal for refunds?

You must have missed this where I posted clear questions and got nothing but lies in return saying he hadn't messed up right after explaining how he messed up by not having a soldering iron, boxes etc

Offline Phenix

« Reply #276 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 19:51:46 »
I will check it once Im at an pc (android..)

IMO the groupbuy is running so far quiet well.
There may be some delays - but I can deal with them. The shipping date is in general always a guess unless your buying from an shop which HAS ANY stuff in stock.
I am looking forward getting the board oneday, no need to rush, but meanwhile Im testing my ergodox, get new keycaps, buy SIPs as well as LEDs..

eventough I hoped to use the spare time in the actual holidays to finish anything.. but will do this later ;)

just my 2ct
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 July 2016, 19:54:29 by Phenix »
Winter is coming.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #277 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 19:54:41 »
  • Did you not order them all as you stated?
  • Are they being shipped in the next few days or are there lies in your posts?
  • Where did you mess up?
  • When can we expect what we paid for or should we be reaching out to paypal for refunds?
  • I ordered everything. Do you want screenshots of all my PayPal transactions?
  • There are lies in my post. My estimations were wrong.
  • I messed up by underestimating production and shipping times.
  • You can expect it within the next month maximum. As you decided the best action was to make a claim on PayPal, you've pushed to the front of the queue and will have yours delivered by the 29th.

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #278 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 20:05:51 »
I have every confidence in xondat and feel he has been doing everything well. His management of this group buy is much of the reason why I'm on his other group buy.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #279 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 20:11:46 »
1 spot is for sale. The options are: 6.25u stab set, Gateron Blacks, and SMDs. Cost of this is $201. Please PM me if you want this spot.

Locking the thread. If you need anything, the email is in the original post.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #280 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 01:18:28 »
Hello everyone, I am unlocking this thread as it should remain open for all discussion/questions regarding the active group buy.

- Please keep posts related to the topic at hand. Any further personal attacks or abusive posts will be removed and the user warned.
- The mod team manages the website but we are not personally responsible for the length of group buys and how they are run/if they take longer than expected.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #281 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 09:28:52 »
My soldering iron is out for delivery tomorrow.

Offline Ugbash

« Reply #282 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 11:37:14 »
Chin up kid, I'm quite happy to wait a while, didn't even occur to me to worry. I get parts shipped from around the world all the time and shipping dates are haphazard at best. Thanks for putting your time in to put it together, looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #283 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 12:18:54 »
Took delivery of my soldering iron earlier today. Will be starting soldering either tonight or tomorrow.

I've finished the design of the acrylic middle piece, but will need to get pricing and a prototype. I'll officially support it and have a separate form up soon.

Offline Phenix

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 12:26:03 »
Sounds good, awesome! Hope to see some nice pics!
Winter is coming.

Offline TheMissingPiece

• TheAverageOne
« Reply #285 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 12:38:17 »
Excellent! If the price is right, I'll be first in line for that part  :D

Offline Phenix

« Reply #286 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 12:50:51 »
Will it be clear or frosted? (I remember clear is better becaude frosted is easily done with sandpaper))
Winter is coming.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #287 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 12:51:56 »
Will it be clear or frosted? (I remember clear is better becaude frosted is easily done with sandpaper))
Not sure at the moment. I'd like to offer both but I've only just finished the design and haven't begun looking at places to get them made.

Offline Ugbash

« Reply #288 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 06:51:53 »
I'd definitely like to jump on the acrylic spacer train, either frosted or clear as I'll sand it if it's clear.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #289 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 13:18:23 »
Been busy with family past couple of days. Will provide an update later.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #290 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 20:54:38 »
Super tired but here is a super quick but needed update.

I sent off the wrong file for the top plate so therefore the 25 plates I have do not support the 6.25u configuration. This means I have to order a new set of top plates, get them made and have them delivered. This obviously costs a lot so I'll probably have to sell some stuff and put up with that. In the mean time, I will be soldering and having as many PCBs done as possible in order to send as many out as I can once I get the new plates. They should take 3 days to be made and be here on the 4th day however I'm still a tad short so call it a week. Regarding the acrylic diffusers, I can't prototype yet as all funds are going towards the new plates. Sorry for another delay.

TLDR: Plates don't work, I'll order new ones and solder in the time we wait.

Offline B1G_B1RD

• * Maker
« Reply #291 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 21:48:41 »
ARGH! That's hurts.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #292 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 02:14:01 »
For the sake of transparency (given that we've seen how some individuals can be... pedantic, about these things) , can you show us what the plates you have now vs what the plates are supposed to look like, assuming you had prototypes made?

Offline TheMissingPiece

• TheAverageOne
« Reply #293 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 15:41:01 »
For the sake of transparency (given that we've seen how some individuals can be... pedantic, about these things) , can you show us what the plates you have now vs what the plates are supposed to look like, assuming you had prototypes made?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the plates have arrived and are in the OP now.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #294 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:18:28 »

Old plate is gray, new one is red. You can see the holes for the switch underneath the gray layer. The cut is complex enough to mean I just have to completely redo the plates instead of sending them back and getting each of them recut.

Offline Phenix

« Reply #295 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:41:09 »
So the final plates will be red? If so please let it be a dark red...
Winter is coming.

Offline darkclone24

« Reply #296 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 08:56:56 »

I imagine it's just to show the difference between the plates.

What's happening with the 7u plates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS84 67g Zealio Purple | Choc Mini MX Black | WASD V2 MX Clear | Golbat 78g Zealio Purple | Duck Octagon V2 MX Clear

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #297 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 09:01:15 »
Honestly I just want to anodise all 24 kits and include a acrylic layer like a GON keyboard.

But no, they'll be raw aluminium like the 7u plates.

I'll probably sell them cheap to recoup some lost money.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #298 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 10:13:04 »
One of those moments that you're so close... yet so far.

Thanks Xondat for the update / explanations :)

Offline darkclone24

« Reply #299 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 12:15:42 »
I'll probably sell them cheap to recoup some lost money.

You didn't mention anything wrong with 7u, so I'm just curious about what's happening with mine and Prius's order. Are they being sent soon or are we waiting for the other plates to be redone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS84 67g Zealio Purple | Choc Mini MX Black | WASD V2 MX Clear | Golbat 78g Zealio Purple | Duck Octagon V2 MX Clear