geekhack Community > Input Devices

Do you value your health or productivity more? >Track ball's Vs. Mice!

<< < (2/16) > >>

typo:
Some people cannot do the thumb indeed. Some, not the palm. Everyone is different. Those that have no medical degree and state that the thumb causes RSI have made claims on an unfounded basis IMO. Mice have indeed injured me multiple times. Never the thumb. I would imagine big companies such as Logitech have researched this as well. The last thing they want are lawsuits! I personally find the thumb to work best for me. I might have added full disclosure to this though. I have a "tremor" which, for me personally makes it more difficult to control at very high DPI. I imagine for a lot of people this is not a point. Especially on one of the grade that I now posses. I really did not have any issue until I hit this absurd DPI. Of course I did not previously have this much "screen" to cover either. I tried slowing it down some to a better balance for me and it did in fact make a world of difference. So, already my "poll" sort of has no purpose to begin with. They are in fact probably as accurate for many people. My bad :)

Tactile:
As to trackballs being much less precise: I have a DT225 and more than one Itac trackballs. These devices are as precise as any mouse I've used.

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: typo on Mon, 14 October 2019, 10:14:49 ---Those that have no medical degree and state that the thumb causes RSI have made claims on an unfounded basis IMO. Mice have indeed injured me multiple times. Never the thumb.

--- End quote ---

The thumb is now actually considered a common one now thanks to smart phones.
Also, your sample size is too small.

typo:
Perhaps. I am just saying I have been using them thousands of hours and not even close to an injury. YMMV. I use a mouse one work day and am sore. Slowing it down some was key.

suicidal_orange:
Still no votes for 'other', was hoping someone was going to post something interesting they use...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version