geekhack Community > Ergonomics

Need posture help please

<< < (2/3) > >>

typo:
I am fit. This was something completely different. Someone put one of the displays higher. I was just straining to look up at it. It has since been leveled with the other displays and no further problems. I really did not know what was going on at first.

tp4tissue:
Standing Desk,  minimize sitting when possible.

typo:
I just wanted to give an update on this. Somehow, I ended up both sitting and standing too close to 4 large displays that are highly color accurate. This was enough to completely misaligned my spine. A Hermam Miller Tech figured it out. I do not know how I migrated closer. Not to mention the possible long term damage there would have been to my eyes. That I count on. All is just fine now. I sit, stand and exercise as I should. Off work I exercise seriously. I am not trying to brag but I am ripped and I do not touch drugs ever.

It was an odd mistake. Not a bad habit or poor posture. I originally thought a display was higher because I was on top of the darn thing. I have no clue how I brought myself in closer. My eyes are not bad. I just had them checked. This is truly strange. I do not think I will ever know why it happened. Although I will be careful as to make sure that it never happens again. You folks would have had no way of knowing this. I am just glad it is resolved. I wanted to let you guys know what the situation was just to end this thread. TP, in general you are correct as usual. It will go a long way for the back to stand as much as possible. Although if one must sit, you cannot beat the Embody. For most people I would pick it above all else. The price could be an issue for many. I appreciate everyone that tried to help.

trace.:

--- Quote from: typo on Tue, 02 February 2021, 01:40:48 ---It was an odd mistake. Not a bad habit or poor posture. I originally thought a display was higher because I was on top of the darn thing. I have no clue how I brought myself in closer. My eyes are not bad. I just had them checked. This is truly strange. I do not think I will ever know why it happened.

--- End quote ---
This could have been prevented fairly easily by checking monitor distance when you come on your pc for the first time of the day. Monitors should generally be around an arms length away. What advice did the Herman Miller ppl give?

typo:
The office has a wood floor. they put a little dot where I am supposed to go. I kind of feel like a real idiot. they got paid plenty so I doubt they care at all. I am known for making stupid mistakes. these monitors need to be a little further because I think they are 32 or 40 inches.  they are connected to the table so they go up and down with it. This is not my stuff. This computing equipment is a fortune. Herman miller also adjusted the Embody. It was close already. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version