geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

DEEP SPACE : .........

(1/81) > >>

Booper:

More

DEEP SPACE R1 is now over!

Thank you all for helping to make this successful!!!

Extra keysets will be available for a limited time HERE

Post sale updates ::  - information based on what I know at the moment. I'll make updates ASAP if anything changes -

March 3 - Just got an update from Melissa with photos of the set!

- "We had a bit of a delay in production, but sets are all done and we can begin shipping on Monday. I will be sending you a bunch of emails that have pictures of the sets.
Let me know if you have any questions!"

PICTURES! -

More
I got some updates from Bob at Signature Plastics. He said there were "dozens" of emails about the site not loading and people missing out and here is the conclusion -

"Thank you all for participating in Booper's Deep Space group buy. It really is a great looking keyset and I'm sure everyone will be pleased with it.

Here's a quick update on where we are with this group buy.

As many of you experienced, our site was overloaded at the 11th hour with people trying to make last minute purchases. As a result, many customers were not able to complete their transactions. I sincerely apologize for this. Our marketing firm is working on moving the PMK site to a more robust platform which, hopefully, will eliminate the many issues people have had to deal with on the current platform.

There were also a number of customers that cancelled their order, or tried to cancel their order, because it didn't look like one or more of the child deals were going to tip. What we have decided to do, with Booper's permission, is to produce extra quantities of the keysets and put them up for sale on our Key Shop. We are also going to produce some quantity of all the child deals, (except for the Polaris Num Pad Adders and the 7u and 6.5u space bars) and have these available on our Key Shop as well.

We tried to force tip the child deals after the group buy had closed but were unsuccessful. So if you wanted to purchase a child deal that didn't tip, you will need to purchase it through our Key Shop at the end of the production run. We won't be processing pre-orders for these either. You will need to wait until they are available. Also, we will not be charging shipping for the Key Shop child deals as long as you participated in the original group buy.

Our lead time is currently running about 8 weeks so we hope to be producing late January and shipping early February.

Thanks everyone!" -Bob

If anyone has questions or concerns, please let me know! I'll be happy to address any and all issues I can.

original post & group buy info here ->MoreThe parent deal is for the Alphas only and child packs must be purchased to complete full boards.

Some of the kits have low MOQ and seem expensive, but hopefully this won't deter too many folks. I figured some people may rather pay more and get their pieces with a low tip point than not get their pieces at all if I set MOQs too high?

It looks as though not all the child deals are showing directly under the Parent Pack, so I'm going to make a list of everything and link it:

CORE KIT - alphas only - GTA with RDE legends - Tipped!
• $44 after 50
• $39 after 75 <--- we are here (122!)
• $36 after 100

ORION MODS - completes 60% boards - RDE with BO legends - Tipped!
• $40 after 25
• $28 after 50  <--- we are here (89!)
• $24 after 75

POLARIS MODS - completes 60% boards - BO with RDE legends
• $40 after 25  <--- we are here
• $28 after 50
• $24 after 75

ORION 100% KIT - extras for full boards - Tipped!
• $20 after 15  <--- we are here
• $18 after 50

POLARIS 100% KIT - extras for full boards
• $20 after 15  <--- we are here
• $18 after 50

PLANCK Tipped!
• $16 after 10  <--- we are here
• $14 after 15
• $13 after 25

JD40 - Tipped!
• $30 after 15 <--- we are here
• $25 after 25

ERGODOX w/ printed legends!
• $39 after 25 <--- we are here
• $28 after 50
• $24 after 75

CORE NUMPAD
• $11 after 25 <--- we are here
• $10 after 50

ORION ADDERS  |  POLARIS ADDERS
• $24 after 10  <--- we are here
• $19 after 15
• $14 after 25

ORION PLANETARY PACK
• $21 after 15  <--- we are here
• $17 after 25
• $14 after 50
• $13 after 75  <--- we are here

POLARIS PLANETARY PACK - Tipped!
• $21 after 15
• $17 after 25
• $14 after 50  <--- we are here

ISO KIT  |  BLANK RDE ISO ENTER |  GREY F ROW  |  ADAPTER KIT HHKB, Winkeyless, Tsangan..

ORION & POLARIS Stripes  |  ALTERNATE HOME KEYS  |  WASD

ORION WIN KIT  |  POLARIS WIN KIT  - ctrl, alt, win keys to replace super, hyper, meta

6u Spacebar - GTA  |  6.25u Spacebar - GTA  |  6.5u Spacebar - GTA  |  7u Spacebar - GTA

6u Spacebar - RDE  |  6.25u Spacebar - RDE  |  6.5u Spacebar - RDE  |  7u Spacebar - RDE

6u Spacebar - BO  |  6.25u Spacebar - BO  |  6.5u Spacebar - BO  |  7u Spacebar - BO

1u RDE  |  1.25u RDE  |   1.5u RDE  |  1.75u RDE  |  1.75u RDE  |  2u RDE  |  2.25u RDE  |  2.75u RDE - Purple Blanks

1u BO  |  1.25u BO  |  1.5u BO  |  1.75u BO  |  1.75u BO  |  2u BO  |  2.25u BO  |  2.75u BO - Blue Blanks

1u GTA  |  1.25u GTA  |  1.5u GTA  |  1.75u GTA  |  1.75u GTA  |  2u GTA  |  2.25u GTA  |  2.75u GTA - Grey Blanks

Now for some sentimentals:
It's been quite surreal seeing this thing evolve and I can hardly believe it's all come together. I'm so glad I found this forum! GH has encouraged me to get back into having creative hobbies and has provided me with some much needed community involvement.

On that note, I'd like to also announce a small give-away for some novelty caps I've made! I've been experimenting with sculpting and casting keycaps recently and one of my designs was inspired by the Deep Space keyset! I have quite a collection of little cosmonauts starting to form so I figured why not give some away!?
If this seems like something you're into, PM me your color preference and at the end of this Group Buy, I'll have a random drawing.

While anyone can enter the drawing, I'm going to give priority to those who buy the set so PM me your receipt or some proof of purchase also if you buy Deep Space on PMK!

THANKS ALL! I hope this set tips and creates many happy fingers :)

Reckthor:
Doin God's work sir.  :thumb:

3Love:
 :thumb: Looks like so cute

Moralless:
Can't wait for this set! But I'll need to save up a couple more weeks  :'( before I'll be able to get the majority of those sets

Latin00032:
Wow! I can't say no to this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version