geekhack Community > Off Topic

What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)

<< < (5973/6066) > >>

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: kurplop on Sat, 27 May 2023, 11:52:26 ---TP, it’s probably not appropriate for me to discuss this in detail because I don’t have a complete understanding of microbiology and biochemistry. Do you? Because of that, the best we can do is volley information that has been gleaned from “experts” (real or self declared). What you’ve been exposed to seems to make sense to you, and to me likewise. I hope that you don’t think that I’m implying that an emphasis on eating generous amounts of plants is bad. I don’t. Our differences seems to be in the harm or good in diets strictly plant-based.

--- End quote ---

The confusion of today's food system is "deliberate". Kurplop, Tp4 can only point the way, Tp4 has read both sides of the argument, as you know, Tp4 dabbled in keto before becoming Whole FOod Plant Based on Gekha at the direction of Photoelectric, a Gekha admin.

B12 is not made by animals, it is made by soil bacteria, the fact that anyone is low on it, which many people are, including those who eat meat,  is because of modern hygiene. We wash off soil and cook food, both process of which kills bacteria.

Pesticides on veggies, sure, buy organic if you feel inclined, but this does not cancel out the harm that can come from an animal centric food system.

It's not just-pesticides, it's everything else that bio-accumulates, ontop of all the gmo soy/corn we feed to cattle/pig/chicken.

Aquarius:
Haven't enough money is bothering me. because i can't do anything i want. :(

fortissim2:
Kailh low profile switches are dummy hard to get, maybe I should just buy long-pole switches or something :c

phinix:

--- Quote from: kurplop on Sat, 27 May 2023, 11:52:26 ---TP, it’s probably not appropriate for me to discuss this in detail because I don’t have a complete understanding of microbiology and biochemistry. Do you? Because of that, the best we can do is volley information that has been gleaned from “experts” (real or self declared). What you’ve been exposed to seems to make sense to you, and to me likewise. I hope that you don’t think that I’m implying that an emphasis on eating generous amounts of plants is bad. I don’t. Our differences seems to be in the harm or good in diets strictly plant-based.

I’m concerned (regarding anyone who has had gastric bypass surgery) that with the limited volume of food consumption possible, nutrient rich foods are essential. Coupling that with a concurrent weight loss strategy, the need for adequate protein digestion and assimilation is critical to avoid losing excess lean body mass. I’ve known several people who have had surgical interventions to help to lose weight. Most have been successful, most have had some complications, one died from a surgical error which went undetected. The risk of malnutrition is great and need to optimize nutrition is essential. Interestingly enough, B12 deficiency is often present in people after bypass surgery- a vitamin rarely found in plants.

One other point I’d like to add is regarding the myth that consuming a plant only diet protects us from toxins. Recent findings have shown that the highest concentrations of pesticides in plants are found on most of the foods that are also on the top of the healthiest plant-based food list. Blueberries, spinach, broccoli, and kale, among others, all get a generous portion of poisons to get them to market in a presentable state. Perhaps starvation is our only option left?

--- End quote ---

I confirm, I had gastric surgery 2 months ago and was told to add B12 supplement in amount of 1000mcg per day to my diet.

tp4tissue:
Stepped barefoot on a bee during sun-walk.

What terrible luck, nicked by stinger between toes, Max oucho..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version