Author Topic: [IC] 1.8mm LEDs  (Read 13499 times)

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
Re: [IC] 1.8mm LEDs
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 23:30:32 »

Do you have any technical info about those LEDs (forward voltage/current)? Would probably be interested on it if the specs are right for my project.
I can check when I get back on a PC

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 23:31:11 »

A very rough count is at least 1100 of each colour, plus maybe another couple of hundred for most of the colours.

Very MOQ passed :)
Yep! I will be making the thread tomorrow, that way in case it takes a day or two to get approved I am not dwindling my thumbs

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:07:31 »
What is the anticipated (or hoped for) turn-around for this when it becomes a GB?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:38:59 »

What is the anticipated (or hoped for) turn-around for this when it becomes a GB?
I think I will leave it open for 3 weeks to a month, and I have no estimate on shipping time, but LEDs are small and easy, so I will pick up packaging for INT orders right when it starts. Hopefully they will be packaged in a week after they arrive. I will have help sorting these so it should go quickly.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 07:48:33 »

A very rough count is at least 1100 of each colour, plus maybe another couple of hundred for most of the colours.

Very MOQ passed :)
Yep! I will be making the thread tomorrow, that way in case it takes a day or two to get approved I am not dwindling my thumbs

Yay I can't wait for this to start :)
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 09:46:15 »
sethk_: Do you have prices on the SIP sockets yet?

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 09:56:27 »
I think so. They are pre-separated from the plastic sleeves, so they are ~13c each. I personally like using these more and don't mind the premium since they are pre-separated.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 10:41:14 »
I think so. They are pre-separated from the plastic sleeves, so they are ~13c each. I personally like using these more and don't mind the premium since they are pre-separated.

A little disappointed on the SIP price. They are available ~8c each on mouser when you buy 10 just units (64 pieces each). The little sleeves pop off easily with flush cutters, not that much of an inconvenience imo. I'm still in for a big order of LEDs though!

EDIT: Forgot to acknowledge that the Zeal SIP sockets are slightly different than the MillMax ones on mouser. Both have worked great for me though, no preference for one or the other.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 10:43:13 by rpeterclark »

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 10:59:58 »

A little disappointed on the SIP price. They are available ~8c each on mouser when you buy 10 just units (64 pieces each). The little sleeves pop off easily with flush cutters, not that much of an inconvenience imo. I'm still in for a big order of LEDs though!

EDIT: Forgot to acknowledge that the Zeal SIP sockets are slightly different than the MillMax ones on mouser. Both have worked great for me though, no preference for one or the other.
I will look into it then, I could never find the proper ones on mouser, could you link me?

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:00:54 »
Can I buy just 1 LED of each color?

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:24:32 »

I will look into it then, I could never find the proper ones on mouser, could you link me?
I believe that the long tail version of these sockets are sold out at Mouser, but I found it at Newark: http://www.newark.com/mill-max/311-93-164-41-001000/sip-socket-64-position-through/dp/17C4915?categoryId=800000006540

Buying 100 of these sockets make the cost near 10c each.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:28:01 »
I found these:
http://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/Mill-Max/311-93-164-41-001000/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMs%2fSh%2fkjph1tvt1%2fmEPT%2fXoN71pDqWYWck%3d

Used this datasheet as a guide.

EDIT: These are the same as VinnyCordeiro's. Stock is at 47 and 183 are on order @mouser.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:32:14 by wlhlm »

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:31:12 »
Yeah, 0.170" solder tail would be good... I've used the ones with 0.125" solder tails and they don't protrude from the PCB, so soldering them is tricky.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:51:35 »

I've since changed to a different type of SIP socket from what you've purchased. My individually removed SIP sockets have a ~5mm long soldering tail.

Yeah, 0.170" solder tail would be good... I've used the ones with 0.125" solder tails and they don't protrude from the PCB, so soldering them is tricky.
Milmax ones have a solder tail that's roughly 4.3mm. The ones I stock have a 5mm tail. :)

(Pic provided by sethk_)
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 12:25:01 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 12:05:31 »
As far as Zeal's SIP goes, I can do 1.25 USD, that way shipping is covered, and that is at 1500 SIPs ordered. The other one I won't charge anything, I don't mind picking up shipping from mouser.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 17:19:48 »
Can I buy just 1 LED of each color?

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to - most GBs do not have a minimum quantity per person.  But that these prices why would you want to?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 20:59:55 »
As far as Zeal's SIP goes, I can do 1.25 USD, that way shipping is covered, and that is at 1500 SIPs ordered. The other one I won't charge anything, I don't mind picking up shipping from mouser.

You said "~13c each" before, and now this "1.25 USD" figure has me confused... that's not "1.25 USD each", right?

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 21:02:52 »

You said "~13c each" before, and now this "1.25 USD" figure has me confused... that's not "1.25 USD each", right?
packs of 10, those would be some expensive SIP sockets lol

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 21:03:21 »

packs of 10, those would be some expensive SIP sockets lol
And the 1500 SIPs is in total, so 150 packs of 10x

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 21:52:58 »
I found these:
http://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/Mill-Max/311-93-164-41-001000/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMs%2fSh%2fkjph1tvt1%2fmEPT%2fXoN71pDqWYWck%3d

EDIT: These are the same as VinnyCordeiro's. Stock is at 47 and 183 are on order @mouser.

I actually use these: http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=FG09h9tFCuDdUpubgidmTQ%3d%3d

They have gold contact plating, long leads that poke through the PCB. Yeah, with shipping they come to about 9c each at 10 packs, so I'll probably go with them. Popping them out of the housing is simple enough.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 22:01:29 »
I found these:

I actually use these: http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=FG09h9tFCuDdUpubgidmTQ%3d%3d

They have gold contact plating, long leads that poke through the PCB. Yeah, with shipping they come to about 9c each at 10 packs, so I'll probably go with them. Popping them out of the housing is simple enough.

The only difference between these two are the materials, I will go with the cheaper one.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 09:54:25 »
Edit: Wrong thread lol.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore