Author Topic: [IC] EnjoyPBT Extended 2048  (Read 92561 times)

Offline TuCZnak

Re: [IC] EnjoyPBT Extended 2048
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 07:28:21 »
Now that you linked Oblique, I've just realized... Could we perhaps get "Any" key in novelties?

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #251 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 08:10:10 »
keep in mind that I did not want to reproduce an AEK set. It's just heavily inspired :thumb:

Why L9?  AEK avant garde font and GMK classic beige alpha don't seem right together.  Feels like impressionist art in Louvre (instead of d'Orsay).

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #252 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 08:26:48 »
The OP does not imply in any way that this kit intends to be an AEK replica. While constructive dialogue is welcome, thread-crapping is not. Our comments have been heard and noted. Repeating the same comment multiple times may cross the thread-crapping boundary.

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #253 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 08:39:56 »
The thing is, ofc I read all comments and do the pro/cons, the initial idea was not to replicate an AEK set.
You can be inspired and influenced by an aesthetic but not necessarily by the color scheme. My goal here was to create a neo-retro looking set.

I wanted a warm white because it's, IMO, a good balance between vintage and contemporary keyset design. I should get pics of the samples in a few days tho.
I looked at my Pantone® swatches and my GMK color ring and thought that L9 would be very good for this set; because it looked just bad with a yellowish white (Trust me, I made some mockups and asked for renders…).

Also, I wanted this set to be icon-based, so no text mods. So I won't add text novelties, sorry.

I hope this clarifies some interrogations.

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #254 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 08:52:56 »
Also, I wanted this set to be icon-based, so no text mods. So I won't add text novelties, sorry.

Fair enough, now that you mention it being the only text novelty would look kinda weird. Still very hyped for the set tho, plenty more novelties anyway  :thumb:

Offline garbo

« Reply #255 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 09:04:53 »
The OP does not imply in any way that this kit intends to be an AEK replica. While constructive dialogue is welcome, thread-crapping is not. Our comments have been heard and noted. Repeating the same comment multiple times may cross the thread-crapping boundary.

I don't know about that. The whole point of an interest check is to collect feedback. It's not thread crapping for different people to voice the same concerns - how else could you tell whether any point is more than a single dissenting opnion?

For the record, I do think it would be a missed opportunity to make this another beige cherry profile keyset instead of trying to match Apple's platinum grey more closely, and the difference is enough to personally put me off the set. I can still respect that biip has a different idea of how'd they want this to turn out and is free to make decisions as they see fit.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #256 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 09:56:25 »
The thing is, ofc I read all comments and do the pro/cons, the initial idea was not to replicate an AEK set.
You can be inspired and influenced by an aesthetic but not necessarily by the color scheme. My goal here was to create a neo-retro looking set.

I wanted a warm white because it's, IMO, a good balance between vintage and contemporary keyset design. I should get pics of the samples in a few days tho.
I looked at my Pantone® swatches and my GMK color ring and thought that L9 would be very good for this set; because it looked just bad with a yellowish white (Trust me, I made some mockups and asked for renders…).

+This.

The comment nailed the key points nicely. The concept of "Neo-Retro" summarizes it all. I see this set to be very close to an end-game for my needs. Being a PBT dye sub it should easily outlast me.

PD: If it fits your design concept, please consider to include a simple VIM kit, nothing fancy, just arrow sub-legends in the same colors. Thank you very much.

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #257 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 15:51:10 »
I'm not really convinced by this tbh.
If there is more interest I'll definitely make a VIM kit tho :thumb:

Offline mwahlig

« Reply #258 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 15:55:43 »

Show Image

I’d be in for a VIM kit. Looks great!

Offline Gati

« Reply #259 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 16:08:21 »

Show Image

I would def be in for a vim kit!

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #260 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 21:41:55 »
Another for the vim train! I also appreciate the balance you are trying to get with L9 and think it could set it up for some interesting blending with other sets in the future.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #261 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 21:55:34 »

Cool, just wanted to know what you are thinking.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #262 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 22:06:24 »

I don't know about that. The whole point of an interest check is to collect feedback. It's not thread crapping for different people to voice the same concerns - how else could you tell whether any point is more than a single dissenting opnion?

For the record, I do think it would be a missed opportunity to make this another beige cherry profile keyset instead of trying to match Apple's platinum grey more closely, and the difference is enough to personally put me off the set. I can still respect that biip has a different idea of how'd they want this to turn out and is free to make decisions as they see fit.

Well said.  I'm on the same page on both accounts.  Open to seeing L9 renders though.

Offline equalunique

« Reply #263 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 22:06:41 »
ePBT "another keyset that requires purchasing an extra kit for a 40% board" Extended 2048

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 22:56:18 »
ePBT "another keyset that requires purchasing an extra kit for a 40% board" Extended 2048

that's the way it's gotta be chief

Sent from my Kohler Prairie Flowers™ on Gabrielle™ Comfort Height One-piece toilet using Tapatalk

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #265 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 02:18:18 »
Since I do VIM…
HHKB arrows?

Offline fine_italian_leather

« Reply #266 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 06:18:21 »
Since I do VIM…
HHKB arrows?

Show Image

An optional VIM/HHKB arrow sublegend kit could maybe work, I don't know if there's enough interest. I personally use HHKB layout boards exclusively but dislike sublegends.

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 09:14:49 »

:D

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #268 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 09:35:40 »
I like the nav kit!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 12:46:21 »
Awesome nav kit. A neo-retro set in perfect balance.

Is there a launch date defined?

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 12:50:37 »

will communicate that very soon™ :thumb:
When I got final pricing!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 12:53:29 »

The wallet is ready and under siege.

Offline pcire

« Reply #272 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 12:56:05 »

The wallet is ready and under siege.

Wallet is bleeding, but one cannot miss out on a biip set!

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #273 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 13:01:39 »
Show Image

Any chance for a poker layout support in the Nav kit ? Up arrow ‘I’, and Right arrow ‘K’ ?
Would you consider it if it does not impact cost too much ?

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 13:09:46 »
Show Image

Any chance for a poker layout support in the Nav kit ? Up arrow ‘I’, and Right arrow ‘K’ ?
Would you consider it if it does not impact cost too much ?

I'm afraid that this layout is a bit too specific sadly.
Moreover, I'm actually finalizing the different kits in order to get the pricing.

I hope you understand!

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 13:10:55 »
could you tell please what pantone color is more alike to the L9?

I have a pantone chart, maybe others too

thanks

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #276 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 13:18:14 »

thanks

Can't really tell unfortunately since my 4 Pantone swatches don't have a lot of white references…

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #277 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 13:48:33 »
I see. Are the set pics like the L9?

thanks

Can't really tell unfortunately since my 4 Pantone swatches don't have a lot of white references…

Offline Hopeye

« Reply #278 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 16:28:18 »
Love this set. I'm in! Really hope Torii kit makes it to fruition, that really sells it for me.

Offline bru

« Reply #279 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 22:40:47 »
Small suggestion for the nav kit would be to make the arrows oblique like they are on the return and shift keys.

Been checking this thread daily for weeks now anticipating the GB and can't wait! Great work!

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #280 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 02:05:35 »
Small suggestion for the nav kit would be to make the arrows oblique like they are on the return and shift keys.

Been checking this thread daily for weeks now anticipating the GB and can't wait! Great work!

I tried to skew em but they resulted harder to be recognized.
Thanks for the kind words, I will announce the GB date in a few hours :eek:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #281 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 08:17:14 »

I tried to skew em but they resulted harder to be recognized.
Thanks for the kind words, I will announce the GB date in a few hours :o

Offline biip

• @biipmk
Re: [IC] EnjoyPBT Extended 2048 (GB date + pricing)
« Reply #282 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 08:30:22 »
GB will run from April 19th to May 19th!
On KBDFans and Candykeys

Pricing:
Base Kit - 78€ / $75
Calc Kit - 16€ / $15
Icono Kit - 19€ / $18
Intl Kit - 19€ / $18
Nomad Kit - 19€ / $18
Six Pack - 8€ / $5
Torii Kit - 14€ / $12.5
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 April 2019, 08:35:10 by biip »

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #283 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 08:50:59 »
Nav kit pricing?

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 09:14:51 »
On KBDFans and Candykeys

Pricing:
Base Kit - 78€ / $75
Calc Kit - 16€ / $15
Icono Kit - 19€ / $18
Intl Kit - 19€ / $18
Nomad Kit - 19€ / $18
Six Pack - 8€ / $5
Torii Kit - 14€ / $12.5

:eek:  Is this like the best priced set of the year? So hyped  :thumb:

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #285 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 09:25:06 »
On KBDFans and Candykeys

Pricing:
Base Kit - 78€ / $75
Calc Kit - 16€ / $15
Icono Kit - 19€ / $18
Intl Kit - 19€ / $18
Nomad Kit - 19€ / $18
Six Pack - 8€ / $5
Torii Kit - 14€ / $12.5

:eek:  Is this like the best priced set of the year? So hyped  :thumb:

That does seem like really good price!  Now I'm really torn.  Maybe L9 will be fine...  :eek:

Offline equalunique

« Reply #286 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 09:28:17 »
I have sad news: I'll have to throw the Ergo kit away, because most of the 1.5u molds aren't available, unfortunately…
Sorry.
I hope ePBT does something about that.

Got a Boardwalk PCB & a Clueboard 2x1800 on the way. Been looking for some cherry profile keycaps to match. ePBT would have been real nice but instead I went with GMK SkIIdata + the N9 ergodox kit, both from TKC - Ok I guess but legends not as classy as 2048.

« Last Edit: Thu, 04 April 2019, 09:30:07 by equalunique »

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #287 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 09:29:01 »

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #288 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 09:30:49 »
I have sad news: I'll have to throw the Ergo kit away, because most of the 1.5u molds aren't available, unfortunately…
Sorry.
I hope ePBT does something about that.

Got a Boardwalk PCB & a Clueboard 2x1800 on the way. Been looking for some cherry profile keycaps to match. ePBT would have been real nice but instead I went with GMK SkIIdata + the N9 ergodox kit, both from TKC - Ok I guess but legends not as classy as 2048.

From KBDFans:
Epbt will fix the bending problem. Before shipment, they will make rectified molds. PBT plastic injection molding does have bending problem because of temperature

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #289 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 09:39:53 »
On KBDFans and Candykeys

Pricing:
Base Kit - 78€ / $75
Calc Kit - 16€ / $15
Icono Kit - 19€ / $18
Intl Kit - 19€ / $18
Nomad Kit - 19€ / $18
Six Pack - 8€ / $5
Torii Kit - 14€ / $12.5

Wow the torii kit is dirt cheap! Auto add for me

Offline kakiharaOne

« Reply #290 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 09:50:29 »
That must be a typo for the Torii kit price.

Offline ShadeDream

« Reply #291 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 09:59:27 »
Wow that's cheap for the Torii kit!

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #292 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 10:27:53 »
Wow fantastic prices!  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline HAYAN

« Reply #293 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 10:28:43 »
till 19th May?
9oooooooooooooooooooood

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #294 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 10:40:32 »
Tori and international kits have almost the same number of caps, that is why their pricing is also pretty close.

Offline TheAutoManCan

« Reply #295 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 10:47:16 »
Very good pricing! I’m definitely down to get several kits. Gotta show love for the icons!

Offline iCoin

« Reply #296 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 11:20:01 »
On KBDFans and Candykeys

Pricing:
Base Kit - 78€ / $75
Calc Kit - 16€ / $15
Icono Kit - 19€ / $18
Intl Kit - 19€ / $18
Nomad Kit - 19€ / $18
Six Pack - 8€ / $5
Torii Kit - 14€ / $12.5
Oh my....the prices!
I'll definitely get this set!

Offline wellbeing44

• kebord good kebord fun yum yum
« Reply #297 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 12:33:10 »
On KBDFans and Candykeys

Pricing:
Base Kit - 78€ / $75
Calc Kit - 16€ / $15
Icono Kit - 19€ / $18
Intl Kit - 19€ / $18
Nomad Kit - 19€ / $18
Six Pack - 8€ / $5
Torii Kit - 14€ / $12.5
One more beige set for me

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #298 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 12:34:43 »
On KBDFans and Candykeys

Pricing:
Base Kit - 78€ / $75
Calc Kit - 16€ / $15
Icono Kit - 19€ / $18
Intl Kit - 19€ / $18
Nomad Kit - 19€ / $18
Six Pack - 8€ / $5
Torii Kit - 14€ / $12.5
One more beige set for me
For me too

Gesendet von meinem H8416 mit Tapatalk

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #299 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 13:04:38 »
On KBDFans and Candykeys

Pricing:
Base Kit - 78€ / $75
Calc Kit - 16€ / $15
Icono Kit - 19€ / $18
Intl Kit - 19€ / $18
Nomad Kit - 19€ / $18
Six Pack - 8€ / $5
Torii Kit - 14€ / $12.5

That ain't bad at all. I'll hop in.
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)
[Incoming: Polaris (?) |  KBDFans 8X Mk II (v2 Tealios)]