Author Topic: [GB] Troubled Minds estimated ship date is March 10 or 11, 2016  (Read 86966 times)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
Re: [GB] Troubled Minds is UP on Massdrop
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 04:44:56 »
I hope I read this correctly since it was sent through Skype without formatting:

Base Kit - 329
Novelties - 235
Non-Standard Adapter Kit - 69
Dvorak/Colemak - 11
Alternate Color Mod - 101
Planck/Atomic - 37
ErgoDox - 21
Numpad - 135
ISO - 13
International Kit - 6

Apparently the next drop point for the base is 500.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #201 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 05:11:24 »
I hope I read this correctly since it was sent through Skype without formatting:

Base Kit - 329
Novelties - 235
Dvorak/Colemak - 11
Planck/Atomic - 37
ErgoDox - 21
Numpad - 135
ISO - 13
International Kit - 6

We still have time!

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 05:33:59 »

Base Kit - 329
Novelties - 235
Dvorak/Colemak - 11
Planck/Atomic - 37
ErgoDox - 21
Numpad - 135
ISO - 13
International Kit - 6

We still have time!

I think we've reached the limit, although the non-standard set seems to have gained significant interest the last couple of days.

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #203 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 05:42:12 »

Base Kit - 329
Novelties - 235
Dvorak/Colemak - 11
Planck/Atomic - 37
ErgoDox - 21
Numpad - 135
ISO - 13
International Kit - 6

We still have time!

I think we've reached the limit, although the non-standard set seems to have gained significant interest the last couple of days.

Well here's hoping that keeps increasing  :thumb:

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #204 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 06:40:03 »

Base Kit - 329
Novelties - 235
Dvorak/Colemak - 11
Planck/Atomic - 37
ErgoDox - 21
Numpad - 135
ISO - 13
International Kit - 6

We still have time!

If it reaches atleast 75 I think Massdrop can get a nice price for it from SP and can be the fallback for non-standard users.

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #205 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 06:47:44 »

Base Kit - 329
Novelties - 235
Dvorak/Colemak - 11
Planck/Atomic - 37
ErgoDox - 21
Numpad - 135
ISO - 13
International Kit - 6

We still have time!

If it reaches atleast 75 I think Massdrop can get a nice price for it from SP and can be the fallback for non-standard users.

I still see a little price disparity between MD and SP. I guess the internal overhead takes its toll @MD, for example sets on SPs site are usually much cheaper post drop (if you can get them).

I guess you need to weigh up the pros/cons, SP had not much reach, MD has quite a bit with an added (I believe) cost.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #206 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 07:27:00 »
I still see a little price disparity between MD and SP. I guess the internal overhead takes its toll @MD, for example sets on SPs site are usually much cheaper post drop (if you can get them).

I guess you need to weigh up the pros/cons, SP had not much reach, MD has quite a bit with an added (I believe) cost.

There were some uncertainties in PMK's licensing while this set was in IC, before they changed it there was a clause that said they can change the configuration anyway they please, and that they can choose when and how to run the group buy. It was basically surrendering the rights of the design to PMK, I think they changed it after the negative feedback. I don't think a new set has been launched since the site revamp. I submitted a design to learn the new process, but there's been no feedback from PMK after two weeks.

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #207 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 07:38:52 »

There were some uncertainties in PMK's licensing while this set was in IC, before they changed it there was a clause that said they can change the configuration anyway they please, and that they can choose when and how to run the group buy. It was basically surrendering the rights of the design to PMK, I think they changed it after the negative feedback. I don't think a new set has been launched since the site revamp. I submitted a design to learn the new process, but there's been no feedback from PMK after two weeks.

To be honest I enjoy the MD process, as long as they can actually deliver on the promises of all of these new sets :)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #208 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 07:45:36 »
Sweet! Looks like I'll get the non-standard after all!

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #209 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 13:25:23 »

To be honest I enjoy the MD process, as long as they can actually deliver on the promises of all of these new sets :)
No feedback for two weeks? Is that a good or bad sign?

So, I dont think non-standard reached moq, right? Is it close?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #210 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 15:06:51 »
No feedback for two weeks? Is that a good or bad sign?

So, I dont think non-standard reached moq, right? Is it close?

I'm not sure, that's for another keyset design by the way, and not Troubled Minds.

Non-standard is  closing in, but you have to realize it doesn't need to reach 100 to be made, Massdrop has committed to producing most (if not all) kits, but in the end it all depends on how much a buyer is willing to pay since lower quantities mean higher prices.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #211 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 16:28:19 »
Did this drop just get another 3 day extension?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #212 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 16:33:12 »
Did this drop just get another 3 day extension?

Yes, it's not going to affect production schedule and it might help some other kits hit MOQ, might also hit some drop points for the other kits. I would've ended it the first time, but they know better so I let them decide.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #213 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 16:51:47 »

It's good to see that someone's submitted yet sad to see they still haven't put it up for IC vote.  It's rather hard to make use of their system when they're not helping the system along.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #214 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 16:59:04 »

It's good to see that someone's submitted yet sad to see they still haven't put it up for IC vote.  It's rather hard to make use of their system when they're not helping the system along.

I actually don't expect them to put it up for vote immediately, I expect suggestions and corrections first, but like I said I haven't received any feedback from them.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #215 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 19:13:32 »

I actually don't expect them to put it up for vote immediately, I expect suggestions and corrections first, but like I said I haven't received any feedback from them.

It might just be a matter of them being swamped with existing cap orders so they haven't had the time to go through submissions.  If that's the case, hopefully they can manage to put aside some time and get the ball rolling with PMK.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #216 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 15:23:02 »
Updated numbers:

Base Kit - 337
Novelties - 242
Non-Standard Adapter Kit - 72
Dvorak/Colemak - 11
Alternate Color Mod - 104
Planck/Atomic - 39
ErgoDox - 22
Numpad - 138
ISO - 15
International Kit - 6

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #217 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 15:29:30 »
Updated numbers:

Base Kit - 337
Novelties - 242
Dvorak/Colemak - 11
Planck/Atomic - 39
ErgoDox - 22
Numpad - 138
ISO - 15
International Kit - 6

Thanks for the updates, thesis. Looks like nonstandard may have a chance if MD buys the rest.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #218 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 15:38:02 »
Updated numbers:

Base Kit - 337
Novelties - 242
Dvorak/Colemak - 11
Planck/Atomic - 39
ErgoDox - 22
Numpad - 138
ISO - 15
International Kit - 6

Thanks for the updates, thesis. Looks like nonstandard may have a chance if MD buys the rest.

Yes, and maybe it will get closer or even tip on Monday midnight. Planck/Atomic looks like it's very possible now too.  :thumb:

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #219 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 16:43:15 »
Nice.  Discounts to be had.  Hopefully MD can get some updates in with the added price drops on the community page this coming week.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #220 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 18:56:26 »
Non-Standard! You can do it! You're almost there!
Woooooo!

Offline SJHL

« Reply #221 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 10:53:55 »
Got the Base Kit + Non-Standard. I couldn't help myself..

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 14:08:22 »
Got the Base Kit + Non-Standard. I couldn't help myself..
Glad to have you on board! :)

Community page is updated by the way.

Offline meevilsheep

« Reply #223 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 14:50:43 »
Finally. Good to see a lot of people joining in the past few days. Any news for another price drop for joker pack, or there are a lot more orders needed for one, just like the base set?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 15:01:26 »
Finally. Good to see a lot of people joining in the past few days. Any news for another price drop for joker pack, or there are a lot more orders needed for one, just like the base set?
Yanbo told me they're going to post something later when I asked, so maybe it will have a new drop point.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #225 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 18:08:03 »
Drop is almost done and it looks like with the last update all 3 items I ordered hit the lowest price tier, I can't wait until this Spring to hopefully have it :)
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 18:48:24 »
Drop is almost done and it looks like with the last update all 3 items I ordered hit the lowest price tier, I can't wait until this Spring to hopefully have it :)
Sounds great! The new price drops are not as big as the earlier ones, I think new pricing is up. :)

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 20:31:21 »
Non standard is still not there, yet.

It's at 73. So close!

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #228 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 20:33:40 »
Non standard is still not there, yet.

It's at 73. So close!
That doesn't mean there's no chance it will be made though ;)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 01:58:15 »
Thank you for all the support guys! Can't wait for pictures of the set on your boards! :D

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
Re: [GB] Troubled Minds drop is over, now we wait :)
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 08:19:51 »
Congratulations on a very successful and beautiful keycap set!

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 12:33:35 »
Congrats on the successful run.

It already has 14 requests for a re-run. 

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 14:18:10 »

Thanks a lot guys, you've been very supportive since the beginning. Hopefully the holiday season can distract us a bit, next thing we know it's March.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 December 2015, 16:49:39 by thesiscamper »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #233 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 14:20:18 »
Thanks for bringing to life what I couldn't :)
I love Elzy

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 15:48:04 »
Thanks for bringing to life what I couldn't :)
Thank you, I hope it's close enough to your own vision of the Eva 01 kit :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 15:49:12 »
****....that's what I get for being AFK. I missed this buy :(.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
Re: [GB] Troubled Minds estimated ship date is March 9, 2016
« Reply #236 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 16:52:07 »
****....that's what I get for being AFK. I missed this buy :(.
I'm sure you can get one eventually, either through the classifieds or a second run if there's demand. :)

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #237 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 19:29:29 »

Thanks a lot guys, you've been very supportive since the beginning. Hopefully the holiday season can distract us a bit, next thing we know it's March.  :thumb:

Heh, holidays, then I'm buried in birthdays and whatnot through mid-February.  It will hopefully go fast for me. 

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #238 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 20:39:25 »
Glad to have been a part of this, now I have to suffer 4 months of wait T_T
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #239 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 23:41:03 »
Glad to have been a part of this, now I have to suffer 4 months of wait T_T

The wait will make it much sweeter :)

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #240 on: Wed, 02 December 2015, 00:20:56 »
That wait time isn't that bad honestly, might get pushed back as with GBs but let's hope not.

Edit: Just saw that the payment just went through on paypal. I thought they were reaching out to people who had kits that didn't meet MOQ to see if they were wanting to pay extra to get them made or cancel?
The only kit I was in that didn't make it was the non-standard though so they may have just decided to buy the other kits as it was close?
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 December 2015, 00:28:42 by KnivesM »
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #241 on: Wed, 02 December 2015, 01:03:13 »
That wait time isn't that bad honestly, might get pushed back as with GBs but let's hope not.

Edit: Just saw that the payment just went through on paypal. I thought they were reaching out to people who had kits that didn't meet MOQ to see if they were wanting to pay extra to get them made or cancel?
The only kit I was in that didn't make it was the non-standard though so they may have just decided to buy the other kits as it was close?

I ordered non-standard and paid the full amount. Seems MD may have bought out the remaining to meet MOQ.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #242 on: Wed, 02 December 2015, 01:37:55 »
I will ask, I was not informed about how they will deal with those kits.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #243 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 17:24:12 »

I ordered non-standard and paid the full amount. Seems MD may have bought out the remaining to meet MOQ.

Sounds like MD will have some extras up for sale at some point in the future like they did recently with previously run kit extras.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #244 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 08:27:20 »
This is off-topic, but there's not much to discuss about TM at the moment. I put up a poll to know which colorway I should focus on next, of course this will take several months before going up for IC but at the moment I just enjoy working on sets.

Here's the link to the mockups: http://imgur.com/a/Jldpi

Here's the link to the poll: http://goo.gl/forms/2npXbW6DNN

Thanks! :)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #245 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 08:31:50 »
This is off-topic, but there's not much to discuss about TM at the moment. I put up a poll to know which colorway I should focus on next, of course this will take several months before going up for IC but at the moment I just enjoy working on sets.

Here's the link to the mockups: http://imgur.com/a/Jldpi

Here's the link to the poll: http://goo.gl/forms/2npXbW6DNN

Thanks! :)

Entered!

Offline Jedi

« Reply #246 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 08:39:11 »
Would you consider tooling gray mods with blue alphas?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #247 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 08:42:30 »
Would you consider tooling gray mods with blue alphas?
Colors are not finalized, so are the profiles and print process.  :)

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #248 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 18:06:11 »
You might consider throwing up an IC thread to cast a wider net for voting on your next set.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #249 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 18:09:49 »
You might consider throwing up an IC thread to cast a wider net for voting on your next set.

I don't think it's the right time yet, and I'd like to develop the chosen set further before putting up an IC thread. I think we got plenty of votes and feedback anyway, it will help a lot. :)