Author Topic: Huugge problem  (Read 771 times)

Offline typo

Huugge problem
« on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 07:00:59 »
ccompletely cussstom board.    could not figure out function. Held down "FNNNNNN""""   pressed every key. NNNNNNNow constant  auto repeat, no led's working colmak instead of qwerty. AAAAAAAll messed up. IIIIIII   don't know what controler. IIIIIIIi  apologize for the content of this post. OOOOobviously the board is busted!!! AAAAAAnyone can help???? TTTThank you

Offline typo

Re: Huugge problem
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 11:34:58 »
Typing on another keyboard. It is a hardware failure of the controller. No one here can "tell" me how to fix it. Since I personally will not open a case. This morning I have already arranged for a true guru to repair it. It is the ghost of smallfry. I mean no disrespect whatsoever. I knew him and miss him. The reason I say that is only because I live in Wisconsin and so does the individual that will be making the repair. For those that are not aware smallfry(RIP) also lived in Wisconsin. On that note I personally feel that the speed limits in Wisconsin are absurd. Especially on single lane dirt roads where tractors out number automobiles. That is how this occurs. In fact about every other month we lose a friend out here. I think it is criminal of the law makers. Not to mention people are drinking which in unenforced. There is no penalty for vehicular murder here.

Anyways My Board will be fixed in about a week or so. He is not even charging me and I am sure he has to order the part. I will bring him some of my wife's jam. This is a big deal because not only is that memory of my grandpa. That board cost him Thousands to make. It is one of a kind completely custom made. He had the case milled from solid stainless steel and Cherry make him switches to his specs plus a custom plate just to begin with. You can imagine the money  he put into it. I am not bragging or joking. I am just saying obviously it is something I get repaired.  I was a freaking Idiot to hold down the FN key along with pressing every single key. It is completely my fault that I broke it. He had me run some quick tests. He said it is irreversible. The controller must be replaced now. Meanwhile I am enjoying Topre. Honestly I kind of like it better than mechanical. However that is simply a much nicer board. It puts this Topre to shame. Regardless of if I like the Feel a little better. I think he left me a Topre in a nice case too. It still would not be like the custom MX board. That will be my grail for sure. Again, I am not bragging.Just sharing my thoughts. Please do not think I am some sort of jerk. I am very humble. I inherited this stuff. I would never purchase stuff like this.