Author Topic: Duck Viper/Eagle V2 not working after QMK Flash  (Read 1066 times)

Offline diazel

Duck Viper/Eagle V2 not working after QMK Flash
« on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 07:57:24 »
So I was experimenting with QMK toolbox and configurator for the first time so I figured I'd do it to a board that I didn't care much about before bricking something I do care about. While I don't think it's necessarily bricked, it definitely went from mostly working to not working at all, haha.

Steps I took:
  • Using configurator, grabbed the default layout and then modified the second layer adding nav cluster
  • Compiled (successful) and downloaded firmware
  • Held capslock and plugged in keyboard - toolbox recognized it
  • Flashed the firmware - it said SUCCESS and then disconnected
I figured with the success note and it automatically disconnecting it would let me then plug it back in for use. No dice. The underglow LEDs light up red for a moment and flicker once before turning back off and none of the keypresses register strokes. Tried it on another computer to be sure, no luck. Went back and re-flashed and it still said success but still didn't work. Finally went to erase the EEPROM when it told me FAIL and suggested there was data stored outside of the MCU?

Here's a screengrab of what I'm talking about:
https://imgur.com/a/mTkEOvI

Any thoughts on fixing it? Unfortunately I don't see a reset button on the board like my DZ60 does so I don't really know what to do next...

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
Re: Duck Viper/Eagle V2 not working after QMK Flash
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 08:30:18 »
Might have a faulty chip/controller on the board.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline diazel

Re: Duck Viper/Eagle V2 not working after QMK Flash
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 10:36:58 »
Might have a faulty chip/controller on the board.

Would that be the case even if it worked just prior to flashing? I say just working though last time I used it, everything was fine but prior to flashing I did notice the Capslock button not sending a code even though when I booted it and held the capslock to put it into reset, it had no issues.