Author Topic: HELP - Model M RJ45 Soarer weird behavior  (Read 1239 times)

Offline pirategamarrr

• Coreteks (youtube)
HELP - Model M RJ45 Soarer weird behavior
« on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 14:17:31 »
Hi, I recently bought the Soarer converter for an IBM Model M (terminal version with RJ45 plug) and the keyboard is behaving weirdly in windows 10. I don't know if this is because I need to configure something with the converter, or if the keyboard is faulty.

THE ISSUE:
After a few seconds the keyboard gets stuck in "Control +" mode, in other words, it's as if I'm pressing the CTRL key all the time. Pressing the actual control key, or alt key, or reset key, or caps lock, doesn't unstuck this. But sometimes after pressing a random number of keys the issue goes away... for a few seconds, then comes back :( I haven't been able to replicate the fix or the cause, it just seems random.

This is the first time using the keyboard, so I don't know its original condition, so this might be a fault. BUT, I also didn't configure anything with the Soarer converter.. just plugged it in and it started behaving like this.

HOW YOU CAN HELP:
So, anyone has any experience with this? Do you think this is a fault with the keyboard? Or is this happening because I didn't configure the converter? If so, is there an easy way to configure it? (I google it, yes, I could't find a simple step by step guide for humans :/ )

Offline Tactile

Re: HELP - Model M RJ45 Soarer weird behavior
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 14:50:40 »
The problem might be a keyboard fault or a mis-match between whatever protocol the keyboard speaks and what the converter expects. You shouldn't need to configure or re-program the converter.

If you contact Orihalcon here with info from the keyboard label he should be able to confirm you have the correct converter.
REΛLFORCE

Offline pirategamarrr

• Coreteks (youtube)
Re: HELP - Model M RJ45 Soarer weird behavior
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 15:21:02 »
Thanks, I'll contact him on ebay.