Author Topic: Fruit Dealer's Keyboard  (Read 25851 times)

Offline Fwiffo

Fruit Dealer's Keyboard
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 12 October 2010, 20:58:43 »
Wha? No - he's a Fruit Dealer, they gotta be cherries.

Ooops. I hope I didn't mislead 30,000 fanbois into buying the wrong keyboard. Eh, they're better off with cherries anyway.

Anybody know the identity of this Blue Cherry keyboard? (you can see the stem where he's ripped off the backslash key).
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 October 2010, 21:04:01 by Fwiffo »
You can call me... Keyboard Otaku... or not quite...

Offline Arc'xer

Fruit Dealer's Keyboard
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 12 October 2010, 21:08:19 »
I believe it's a Scorpius M10, someone mentioned it on somewhere that's what boxer is using.

http://www.amazon.com/Ione-Scorpius-Mechanical-Keyswitch-Keyboard/dp/B000UC1W3C

Damn that mother****er is fast. Surprised he went with the blues. But at the same time he fully releases the switch though he often double taps it. He sure smacks the **** out the keyboard, reminds me of the people who keep complaining on why keyboards can't take abuse and they break one every month.

Surprised he didn't get a Topre for the soft landing, even tenkeyless since I'm sure the numpad is unused for SC2. Reminds me a bit of how I used the blues early on and I actually thought my G15 had more tactility before realizing how to not only, stop bottoming out but also feel the tactile bump; I would just punch through the tactility and clicker.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 October 2010, 21:17:25 by Arc'xer »

Offline ~Blood~

Fruit Dealer's Keyboard
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 13 October 2010, 00:15:10 »

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net
Fruit Dealer's Keyboard
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 13 October 2010, 00:36:01 »

pink :S

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
Fruit Dealer's Keyboard
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 13 October 2010, 00:38:23 »
Quote from: ~Blood~;233148
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-d7jKpei8g

u can see the brown switch

Wont they get CTS from playing like that?
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline elservo

Fruit Dealer's Keyboard
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 13 October 2010, 02:01:39 »
Awesome videos!  I'm just gonna say those people practice a little bit.  They seem to resemble people that know what they're doing.  

Cherry switches are gonna start selling more and more.  We're gonna see a renaissance.
Majestouch Tactile Click (Work)
AEKII(Home)

Offline Fwiffo

Fruit Dealer's Keyboard
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 13 October 2010, 08:47:14 »
Quote from: squarebox;233154
Wont they get CTS from playing like that?
Yes. After a match you'll see progamers (not to be confused with programmers) hold up their arms and do this weird wrist exercise which allegedly keeps their tendons from tightening up. Who knows if it works, but they seem very serious about it.

With pros averaging over 300 APM (actions per minute) over the course of a game, I could imagine they could wear out almost any keyboard eventually. Some allegedly use a particular model of membrane keyboard, rip off certain keys and replace it every couple months.

ACK, NEXGenius is playing with a keyboard condom; I have to say I find that completely disturbing.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 October 2010, 08:50:47 by Fwiffo »
You can call me... Keyboard Otaku... or not quite...

Offline RickyJ

Fruit Dealer's Keyboard
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 13 October 2010, 18:16:10 »
Even NCIX in Canada is completely sold out of all Das models (even their supplier warehouses), and Das's own store is doing backorders for all models.  Same story with both Steelseries boards at NCIX.  I blame SC2, this is getting really ridiculous. >:(
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline elservo

Fruit Dealer's Keyboard
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 13 October 2010, 18:18:41 »
Awesome to hear.  I'm really glad there are kids out there that are buying these cherry boards.  So many happy fingers around the world.  Only a matter of time before more keyboard companies try to take a piece of the Das keyboard pie.  

What I'm trying to say here is keyboards are about to blow up, and we're going to reap all the benefits.
Majestouch Tactile Click (Work)
AEKII(Home)

Offline RickyJ

Fruit Dealer's Keyboard
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 13 October 2010, 18:22:47 »
Yes, I agree completely, but it means it'll be tougher for me to get one for now.  I'll have to stick with my Alps board for longer I guess!
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
Fruit Dealer's Keyboard
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 14 October 2010, 00:17:30 »
Now, what we need is Unicomp to sponsor a few of them pro gamers.

Seriously-- all the cool stuff KBDMania and similar sites do, you never see it on those boards.  Did Koreans not have PS/2s?  (Serious question- I know each country had its own early computer history- Japan and the MSX machines, the UK's Acorn, Sinclair, and Amstrad boxes)
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline stafu

Fruit Dealer's Keyboard
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 14 October 2010, 00:33:40 »
Quote from: Fwiffo;233230
Some allegedly use a particular model of membrane keyboard, rip off certain keys and replace it every couple months.

Yep, almost every StarCraft 1 progamer (especially including Flash, Jaedong, Stork etc.) use the Samsung/QSenn DT-35. I assume because it's cheap and the pro-teams likely have some sort of arrangement with QSenn or their distributors. I've used one, and it's not terrible, but I'm glad to see the change to some better hardware with SC2.

SC1 pros also use a very bad Logitech Mini Optical mouse, which has a nice shape/size but a really terrible sensor (okay for RTS but useless for FPS). There's still a few people using this in SC2 though, though I really don't understand why as 400 dpi can't really cut it in SC2 (unlike SC1 where the resolution is locked at 640x480).

Offline Arc'xer

Fruit Dealer's Keyboard
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 14 October 2010, 00:49:02 »
There was actually a thread on the DT a while back.

In reality it's just a combination of availability(both past and present), lack of information, lack of research, lack of self-evaluation/analysis/questioning(is there something better?), ignorance(as in either not wanting or don't know any better), fanboyism (Koreanophiles; monkey see, monkey do), and maybe so far as stubbornness.

And yet it sells, despite it being the same cheap membrane dome top, built ad nauseum to everyone.

That last line "arrangement" is quite funny, sounds more like a disservice than a benefit.

No one is saying a better keyboard equals better player. But with the, I wouldn't say abusive but significantly volatile keyboard use. And they are breaking them like butter, it's very reminiscent to the people who ***** and moan about buying a new keyboard every month because they keep breaking them.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 October 2010, 00:51:31 by Arc'xer »

Offline mOnion

Fruit Dealer's Keyboard
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 14 October 2010, 01:44:36 »
lol there's sc2 in my geekhack rofl

Offline kencheeto

Fruit Dealer's Keyboard
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 14 October 2010, 06:29:13 »
Quote from: mOnion;233642
lol there's sc2 in my geekhack rofl

hello TL :biggrin:

btw, pretty epic troll job on Hardforum for that NKRO thread Ripster!
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 October 2010, 06:31:28 by kencheeto »