Author Topic: So, Covid  (Read 19513 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
So, Covid
« on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 21:19:41 »
How screwed on are we ?    on a  1 to 100 scale.

+ 194,000 cases /Day (Whaaaa) ,   1000 Ded/Day

Last 7 day average + 137,207 cases/day

Offline jamster

Re: So, Covid
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 22:10:01 »
So happy not to be American.

We had six cases across a population of around 8M yesterday. My home country had less.

Pretty much the rest of the world is looking at the US these days with a continual WTF?! expression.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 03:44:41 »
I don't know how much fatter the US population is than ours but looking at our stats the cases keep rising while the deaths don't keep pace - it's like most people who are volunerable died straight away and I wouldn't be surprised if many of the recent deaths were asymptomatic people who wrecked their cars or whatever after they recovered ("tested positive for covid and died within 28 days" is the questionable stat we're given, not "died of covid")

With increased testing (you are at least doing some, I hope?) you're going to get bigger numbers which may not mean anything long term if most cases are asymptomatic.  That said 1 in 200 dead doesn't sound good...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 14:18:26 »
How screwed on are we ?    on a  1 to 100 scale.

+ 194,000 cases /Day (Whaaaa) ,   1000 Ded/Day

Last 7 day average + 137,207 cases/day

Show Image

If you’re in America - 100

If you’re in a bunker - 60

If you’re in Canada - 10

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 15:50:01 »
At this point I disinfect every package and letter I get through the post. I do the same with watches handed to me by customers after they have left (just don’t do it while they are watching). Won’t work on them anymore before I disinfected them. I also now wear full rubber gloves when working on watches, not just finger cots. I usually discard them after a watch or two is done.

FFP2 or 3 mask is always worn when interacting with customers, I take it off once im alone.

I also will not order any food, and I dont like to eat at restaurants anyway (unless its with family). I cook at home.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 November 2020, 15:53:05 by Olumin »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 17:47:45 »
Gonna be a rough Winter. Again.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 23:28:04 »
Still all parties and sunshine here.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 23:30:22 »
Still all parties and sunshine here.

reasonably sure we gon'die.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 23:43:07 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 10:35:32 »
Tp4 paged his math-guy,

According to math-guy, It's possible that US reaches 200-300k cases per day, we're gonna blow through the 300k deaths in no time, Half Million deaths easily possible.

Forget the economy, this is a threat to critical infrastructure.

Best (Worst) plan
, damn the side-effects, martial law, vaccinate everyone immediately.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 10:50:26 »
I mean we do need to thin the population here stateside in more way than one - this is just faster than removing all of the warning labels.  I can say I will definitely not be the first to get vaccinated - seen too many movies to know how that plays out.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 10:54:16 »
I mean we do need to thin the population here stateside in more way than one - this is just faster than removing all of the warning labels.  I can say I will definitely not be the first to get vaccinated - seen too many movies to know how that plays out.

Totally agree there is a risk, However,

The repooplicans already put us in a no-good-options scenario.

Imagine n00k plants blown'  or dams bursting/  failed water treatment

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 12:28:34 »
I know a few people in the d.o.e and they have pretty good procedures in case the **** hits the fan and regarding covid, they have contact tracing in place and people get notifications if/when someone even gets a test. While I don't think this is going to do much to ease the mind of Tp4 I don't think we're going to let America fall, it might get messy but we're a pretty resilient country.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 12:47:37 »
We have the same tracing in effect here in the warehouse I work out of due to certain contracts we deal with force the company to do so, which I like it that way since it keeps the company paying attention to what is going on outside of the office side.  I tend to pay attention to my teams due to this and keep them in the loop even if I'm advised to keep silent - rather them have the knowledge than to cause a panic due to mis-information. 
As I said before if it hits the fan I'll just go to the family's farm/hunting property and hunker down.

Offline yui

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 01:27:22 »
I know a few people in the d.o.e and they have pretty good procedures in case the **** hits the fan and regarding covid, they have contact tracing in place and people get notifications if/when someone even gets a test. While I don't think this is going to do much to ease the mind of Tp4 I don't think we're going to let America fall, it might get messy but we're a pretty resilient country.
you know that america does not contain the whole of humanity, right? humanity is much bigger than that. who cares if only the US falls to covid, this is the whole of humankind that is at risk here... how can you be that blind to the rest of the world?
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline jamster

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 02:25:17 »
you know that america does not contain the whole of humanity, right? humanity is much bigger than that. who cares if only the US falls to covid, this is the whole of humankind that is at risk here... how can you be that blind to the rest of the world?

If there's anything this covid cluster**** has shown the world, it is exactly that the country is blind to anything outside its borders. There have been other countries that have done incredibly well with dealing with this- some of them are rich (Australia and New Zealand), some of them are middle income but smack bang right next to the source of the outbreak (Taiwan, South Korea), some of them are dirt poor yet have done incredibly well (Vietnam*). Yet it seems that within the US there are idiots who constantly scream that mask usage and travel restrictions are evil or ineffective. Or that it's a liberal hoax, yet ignoring that countries all over the world have been hit hard and are reacting seriously.

But really, this is nothing new. The same arguments swirl around with other broken facets of the country. Nationalised health systems and gun control are the obvious ones. They work better practically anywhere else in the first world, but in the US the same arguments go around and around as if the rest of the world and better examples don't exist.

I've got family ties into the US, and one of my uncles is supposed to be moving there to rejoin his family out in the midwest. He is so dreading the move, and is happy that the immigration process has been frozen for the past half a year. It's all a big ball of bat**** crazy as far as anyone outside the country can tell.

* Vietnam, last time I checked back in August, had ZERO covid deaths in the entire country. There was one westerner who'd been in a coma due to covid for months, and the medical system was fighting to keep him alive as a point of national pride. He recovered. This zero figure was not down to dodgy statistics like in some of the failed states around the world, it was because the government and medical systems went into overdrive early to deal with it, they are paranoid about pandemics in that part of the world. My home country has had 900 deaths across 25M people, and 800 of those were due to one screwup by one state, so the rest of the states together have around a hundred between them. The Philippines, a third world country full of poverty and bad sanitation, and a population of a hundred milllion spread across some unmanagable land mass, has had less than eight thousand deaths... and at last count the US is climbing past two hundred thousand deaths. This is just insane.

Apologies for the rant. Trying not to pay attention to US news these days as it's so infuriating, but it's impossible to ignore completely.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 November 2020, 02:44:12 by jamster »

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 09:15:01 »
Just imagine how infuriating it is to live in the US and dealing with the mouth-breathers that refuse to just wear a mask.  every day I see it and it drives me nuts, I just chalk it up to it being the price of admission to a location that I have to go to.  So far my family and extended family have been on the same page as myself and wear masks, sanitize when necessary, and only go out when needed to avoid risk where possible.  The US Government and state government where I am in GA have completely fubared this.  I don't get why they didn't look to other countries' plans and just emulate that (I know why they didn't but we're far beyond that point now).  I have a feeling a big change is going to be happening soon, but of course not soon enough once the change of power in the Presidential office happens (why I say it's not going to be soon enough).  In my case working in IT deployment with certain contracts w/ Govt agencies here stateside and abroad my work has been deemed essential so my routine will not see a change - in all of this nothing has changed other than wearing a mask when I'm out, as I tend to just go to work during the days I have to and stay home since I find no reason to venture out unless I need something at a store.  In the end the US has pretty much just become a bad reality TV show when it comes to this.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 11:57:35 »
Non-US but related, heard it suggested on the radio that in the UK Christmas may be 'as normal' with restrictions resuming in January.  You can't go to church at the moment and I'm sure other religions have had important festivals effectively cancelled during lockdown so why isn't Christmas cancelled?  Mass gatherings with extended family (read: old people), sitting more people at a table than it was made for while eating sounds like a great idea, not to mention handling presents :confused:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fanpeople

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 12:33:17 »
Aussie Man might be a competitor to Florida Man  :))

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 12:45:01 »
Oh we doing home grown moron hour? Just going to leave this here....

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/two-best-friends-get-married-to-bypass-coronavirus-restrictions-for-formal-afterparty/news-story/57fa29f17282af1d914993252db41af6
Not sure whether to applaud the ingenuity of the teenagers or mock the stupidity of the restriction exemption rulemakers...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 18:26:32 »
seen too many movies to know how that plays out.

How's it gonna play out

Resident Evil

or

I am Legend

or

Book of Eli

or

Children of man

or

Madmax fury road

Offline yui

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 01:06:05 »
Just imagine how infuriating it is to live in the US and dealing with the mouth-breathers that refuse to just wear a mask.
if it only came to me those peoples would be treated as bio-terrorists guess you all are lucky i am not in charge :)
Oh we doing home grown moron hour? Just going to leave this here....

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/two-best-friends-get-married-to-bypass-coronavirus-restrictions-for-formal-afterparty/news-story/57fa29f17282af1d914993252db41af6
human stupidity in full display, why even are marriage tolerated?

Offline ergonaut

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 04:13:40 »

How's it gonna play out

I'd prefer Mad Max Fury Road. At least it had that nice guitar truck.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 08:30:06 »
seen too many movies to know how that plays out.

How's it gonna play out

Resident Evil

or

I am Legend

or

Book of Eli

or

Children of man

or

Madmax fury road

I'm leaning towards more Walking Dead and I am Legend types of scenarios.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 10:08:51 »
I'm leaning towards more Walking Dead and I am Legend types of scenarios.

Tp4 loves movies which display canned food stuffs.

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 14:58:12 »
NYC was absolute hell last Spring, and the hospitals are filling up again. I'm spending this month prepping for another shutdown.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 22:02:20 »
NYC was absolute hell last Spring, and the hospitals are filling up again. I'm spending this month prepping for another shutdown.

You know how, at some point using the internet, we come to the soft-conclusion that just about everyone online is an idiot.

Well, turns out, it's 70 Million confirmed idiot ADULTS, loosely assume that's half of online encounters.  The other half is not so smart either.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 22:41:25 »
Ever notice how the people considered essential workers are also the lowest paid and at the highest risk? A pat on the back and a prayer is all you need to protect yourself apparently.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 22:45:02 »
Ever notice how the people considered essential workers are also the lowest paid and at the highest risk? A pat on the back and a prayer is all you need to protect yourself apparently.

I really wish we treated essential workers now, with the same respect we did at the beginning of the pandemic. People were cheering, food was sent to them and it really seemed that people gave a ****. Now, I feel like no one gives a **** and just expects them to put themselves at risk. It's a shame..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 22:46:40 »
That timberlake movie, -In Time-,

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 23:10:21 »
I'm astonished when I talk to friends and family lately.  They're talking about how it's "bad" again and they're worried about having to stay home again.  AGAIN?  ****, my whole goddamn family has been at home since late January.  The **** y'all been doing?  I seriously haven't been inside a store since... actually I don't know.  Probably not since late February.  It's not hard at all.  In fact, it's extremely easy to pick up groceries and essentials curb side or have them delievered. 

Offline donny_pete

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 23:15:58 »
The way things are being handled rn is pretty ridiculous lol

There's still people that believe COVID is a hoax...

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 23:18:37 »
I'm astonished when I talk to friends and family lately.  They're talking about how it's "bad" again and they're worried about having to stay home again.  AGAIN?  ****, my whole goddamn family has been at home since late January.  The **** y'all been doing?  I seriously haven't been inside a store since... actually I don't know.  Probably not since late February.  It's not hard at all.  In fact, it's extremely easy to pick up groceries and essentials curb side or have them delievered. 

For a while my wife and I thought we were the only ones taking this thing seriously. We'd see our friends doing **** on FB all the time and getting together going on hikes with a ton of other people on the trail while we were staying inside, ordering groceries and wiping down everything with spray bleach or wipes or whatever we could do to sanitize. I know some people are afraid of being told what to do and what that can lead to, but I'm all for keeping other people safe, especially if it's as easy as wearing a mask (if you have to go out) and/or just staying home and hunkering down. Since it's round 2 I feel like the first time was wasted effort (I know it wasn't), I just hope people take this **** more serious.

I don't think they know what exponential growth is and how fast this can get out of hand (more than it is) and overwhelm more than just hospitals.

Be safe out there..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 23:25:38 »

It is exponentially more difficult for people in lower economic situations. Not having a vehicle forces you to use public transportation and forces you to physically enter a store to shop usually. Not being able to work remote, many times pushed into retail situations dealing with countless numbers of strangers. Living in more densely populated places and buildings with neighbors who may not be as vigilant as you are.
It's almost as if this virus were designed to kill off a large swath of poor people.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 23:29:46 »

It is exponentially more difficult for people in lower economic situations. Not having a vehicle forces you to use public transportation and forces you to physically enter a store to shop usually. Not being able to work remote, many times pushed into retail situations dealing with countless numbers of strangers. Living in more densely populated places and buildings with neighbors who may not be as vigilant as you are.
It's almost as if this virus were designed to kill off a large swath of poor people.

That sounds like the start of a conspiracy theory, are you trying to tell us that you know where and why covid-19 started.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 00:11:11 »
I don't think they know what exponential growth is and how fast this can get out of hand (more than it is) and overwhelm more than just hospitals.

I don't think these people know what anything is.  Forget math. The depth of their world comprehension is cocacola good, water bad.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 08:06:27 »

I seriously haven't been inside a store since... actually I don't know. 

I am being very careful but life does need to go on. Going to stores is about the only thing that I do do on a semi-regular basis. Add to that I just moved into a different house that needed work so I had to hire various tradespeople for work that I had done before moving in. Today is the day I plan to get the last of the stuff from the old house.

After all this flurry of activity I will probably be practically a hermit for at least a month.

Understanding the transmission process allows you to formulate workarounds. I have donated blood twice during the pandemic, and the technicians feel confident that blood does not transmit it. I feel pretty safe outside since sunlight and breeze pretty much negate spread by killing and diffusing it. And last, the virus viability in the wild is measured in hours, so last week basically becomes ancient history.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 09:01:36 »
I feel pretty safe outside since sunlight and breeze pretty much negate spread by killing and diffusing it. And last, the virus viability in the wild is measured in hours, so last week basically becomes ancient history.

It takes HOURS to kill in the sun.  The Breeze dilutes the viral load per unit air volume, it does not kill. Now being winter, air is also natural refrigerant.

The important thing is Calibrated TVs.

Offline yui

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 12:40:03 »
The Breeze dilutes the viral load per unit air volume, it does not kill. Now being winter, air is also natural refrigerant.
[/size][/color]
well yeah, you need a "critical mass" of virus for it to become infectious so the more dilute it is the better and colder makes it less virulent but also survive longer, unless it freezes, at which point the air becomes much drier and kills it faster. and UVs will damage it but not much as we do not get the instant cancer UV-C on earth.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 21:48:01 »

I really wish we treated essential workers now, with the same respect we did at the beginning of the pandemic. People were cheering, food was sent to them and it really seemed that people gave a ****. Now, I feel like no one gives a **** and just expects them to put themselves at risk. It's a shame..
When this is all over nurses will.
It will be a booming industry, hospitals were already struggling to get enough and once this is over and they feel they can leave without leaving everyone in a crunch expect a BUNCH to exit the industry driving wages through the roof...

At least for a time.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 23:34:35 »
Gekhrs will prolly be ok,  But, these rural red states nubmers, OMG, it's gonna be banananas.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 23:42:15 »
I had to take a horrible job at a grocery store in a low income area making minimum wage. Starting next week. Super bummed this is happening :(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 00:11:13 »

Mask NT, also practice not touching face, it's actually a pretty deep habit.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 09:49:19 »
3000+ Ded / day

Offline NoteMakoti

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 10:33:59 »
We had an entire 9/11 yesterday in the states.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 11:28:52 »
Apparently we have a vaccine - yesterday's news said "great", today's is an American (of all places) scientist saying we're jumping on it too quickly.  And it's not compulsory.

Will be interesting to see if the injection comes with a free forehead tattoo entitling you to not wear a mask or what.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 11:32:57 »
Apparently we have a vaccine - yesterday's news said "great", today's is an American (of all places) scientist saying we're jumping on it too quickly.  And it's not compulsory.

Will be interesting to see if the injection comes with a free forehead tattoo entitling you to not wear a mask or what.

70million diaperdon voters is 1 in 3 adults,  this is far from over.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 18:17:48 »

70million diaperdon voters is 1 in 3 adults,  this is far from over.

If anything it is worse than ever. Thanksgiving brought out the stupids in droves.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 18:25:47 »
If anything it is worse than ever. Thanksgiving brought out the stupids in droves.

/Genuine worry.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 21:27:30 »
Apparently we have a vaccine

Yeah one was tested on... 90 people.
Another was tested for 10 whole days.

I'm not anti-vax by any means but hold back just a bit before jumping in with both feet. Governments are anxious to get this and and big pharma isn't above killing people for profits.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 22:01:12 »
another lockdown in toronto

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 22:08:44 »

I'm not anti-vax by any means but hold back just a bit before jumping in with both feet. Governments are anxious to get this and and big pharma isn't above killing people for profits.

It's 94 cases of covid infection (in the trial group, of 38,955 people),  Pfizer,  allegedly more than 90% effective.

Tp4 never gets the system update day 1,  but this seeeeeems reasonably safe.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 23:17:11 »

It's 94 cases of covid infection (in the trial group, of 38,955 people),  Pfizer,  allegedly more than 90% effective.

Tp4 never gets the system update day 1,  but this seeeeeems reasonably safe.

Pfizer is the one the Brits authorized after just 10 days.

Not so sure about that 94 thing, maybe it was the other company, not sure.
Too much info, not enough science.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 06:36:18 »
It's OK, they're giving the first 10 million doses to the elderly first so by the time I'm offered one a thorough test will have been carried out on those most volunerable.  To me not giving it to those caring for the infected suggests they don't fully trust it and maybe they're even hoping to cut state pension expenditure to offset corona costs.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 06:42:28 »
My home town is the second worst city in Europe in COVID cases / population. Yay!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 07:52:04 »
Although I am over 65 and could probably get an early shot, I will wait. I am careful and don't interact with the public very much, so I consider myself pretty low-risk.

The flip side is that although testing is very limited so far, a couple of months from now there will be millions of vaccinated people (aka incidental test subjects - including many challenged ones) all over the world and we will know soon enough what works and what doesn't.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 08:16:46 »
We could see 4K/day in 3 weeks.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 10:09:29 »
soo.. they is projecting 450,000 deaths by february.  i mean, why do they 450, just to not make it 500 ?

Offline yui

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 13:17:58 »
soo.. they is projecting 450,000 deaths by february.  i mean, why do they 450, just to not make it 500 ?
want to see the world burn a bit more? i think 450 is plenty, making it 400 would be a better objective than 500 if you want a round number

Offline jamster

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 19:37:12 »
Serious question for those in the US- how do people there (not GHers, more of a 'general population' thing) square what's happening in the US with the rest of the world?

Other countries range from doing badly but usually still better (Canada next door with half the death rate per capita, a third of the infection rate) to Australia (pretty much totally under control).

Are other countries being used as points of comparison at all, or is the rest of the world being largely ignored in the media with all the focus being internal?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 21:15:39 »

how do people there square what's happening in the US with the rest of the world?

Regular people are freaking out in fear and anger.

Republicans ignore the rest of the world. "Nationalism" and all that ....

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 22:23:45 »
Serious question for those in the US- how do people there (not GHers, more of a 'general population' thing) square what's happening in the US with the rest of the world?

Other countries range from doing badly but usually still better (Canada next door with half the death rate per capita, a third of the infection rate) to Australia (pretty much totally under control).

Are other countries being used as points of comparison at all, or is the rest of the world being largely ignored in the media with all the focus being internal?

Modern Life is full of distractions and hyper-palatables.

It's like living through the dark ages inside a brothel,  it's bad and crappy all around, but at least you've got the brothel.

Life goes on.

In relation to the rest of the world there's nothing to square, we owe no one, we are paying for this lesson in blood. Inefficient, but it is what it is, hughmahnns are like this.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 13:24:07 »

Other than them still passing the blame to China for all of this, I have to remind my family the US had a part to play in this and have failed.  I tend to not watch the news just due to it will cause un-needed stress and I have enough to deal with - normally tend to stick to printed/typed media so I can gather my own view by reading multiple sources.  Over-all the media just focuses on the US in itself and tries to find somewhere worse to compare to (kind of hard to do now). 
I will not be in the initial wave of vaxxers as I want to see how it plays out and if it has some side effects that cause further instability.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 13:49:54 »
I will not be in the initial wave of vaxxers as I want to see how it plays out and if it has some side effects that cause further instability.

This may not be a good plan,  we may be young enough to survive, but we're also capable of passing on the virus without the vaccine.  Dominos.

Offline jamster

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 19:53:57 »
Other than them still passing the blame to China for all of this, I have to remind my family the US had a part to play in this and have failed.  I tend to not watch the news just due to it will cause un-needed stress and I have enough to deal with - normally tend to stick to printed/typed media so I can gather my own view by reading multiple sources.  Over-all the media just focuses on the US in itself and tries to find somewhere worse to compare to (kind of hard to do now). 

Thanks. Yeah, I have also been paying less attention to the news for similar reasons.

In the sources that I do read, the comparisons cover the gamut. There's the Italy/Belgium/Brazil "why did it go so wrong" angles as well as looking at countries that have really gotten it under control at various stages (Australia/NZ/Taiwan/Vientnam) and then those which have oscillated (South Korea, Singapore).

News regarding the US has been so totally out there for so long, that I (and I suspect a lot of other people around the world) lump it into the 'too hard to fathom' box.

« Last Edit: Mon, 07 December 2020, 21:14:19 by jamster »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 22:15:04 »
People complaining during the pandemic that these rules are infringing on their daily freedoms in America were oddly silent post 9/11 when the groundwork for Operation Freedom Removal was first laid out. Now that it is for their own safety and not their privacy at stake they give a ****, just so long as the blame can be shifted to anyone who isn't them.

Offline NoteMakoti

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 22:48:06 »

We've become aware of the fact that the government has lost its ability to function, and we're all processing that in different ways. Some people think the problem is Trump (and it largely is), some people are blaming China (as if COVID was this external enemy outside of our control). Some are just pretending it's not happening at all, that it's already over, or that it'll be over by February.

Offline yui

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 01:26:27 »
peoples, if no one go to get vaccinated your plan to wait and see how it works will not work, will it? some will need to go and make the leap, and frankly for the peace of mind i would rather be in the early vaccines, although, being young, i do not think i will be in the priority lists... so far i have been getting vaccinated for all the majors new epidemics and did not yet got sick or died :)
all you anti-anti-vaccers until you get asked to get vaccinated...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 08:05:08 »

Some people think the problem is Trump (and it largely is)

NO.

Trump is merely the culmination of a 60-year campaign by the Radical Right, as laid out in the late-1950s in the wake of Brown vs Board of Education by James McGill Buchanan and Gordon Tullock, to essentially dismantle the Federal government.

Their thesis was that the sole function of government is to protect property rights. The unspoken corollary of that notion is that anything else that a government does requires financing and thus taxes, and that it is the DUTY of the government to PROTECT the wealthy from having to pay taxes (aka "taking" their "property").

Recent administrations have developed robust response plans for pandemics and stockpiled supplies, but the current administration LITERALLY tossed the plan into the garbage and disbanded the pandemic response unit as a waste of money.

https://apnews.com/article/ce014d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 08:55:57 »

This may not be a good plan,  we may be young enough to survive, but we're also capable of passing on the virus without the vaccine.  Dominos.
I was thinking in terms of early side-effects (28 Days later, I am Legend comes to mind).  Even though I doubt those type of effects would take place but still would rather sit on the side of caution on a seemingly "free" vaccination handed out by the government that took poor steps to prevent or slow the spread/process.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 08:57:59 »
peoples, if no one go to get vaccinated your plan to wait and see how it works will not work, will it? some will need to go and make the leap, and frankly for the peace of mind i would rather be in the early vaccines, although, being young, i do not think i will be in the priority lists... so far i have been getting vaccinated for all the majors new epidemics and did not yet got sick or died :)
all you anti-anti-vaccers until you get asked to get vaccinated...

It's at the point where pretty much EVERYONE needs to go, because if we wait and see, we can breach 500k deaths

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 18:00:42 »

I was thinking in terms of early side-effects (28 Days later, I am Legend comes to mind).  Even though I doubt those type of effects would take place but still would rather sit on the side of caution on a seemingly "free" vaccination handed out by the government that took poor steps to prevent or slow the spread/process.

This exactly the sort of mentality that will let the virus continue to run rampant. Everyone I know says they are going to wait, so if no one gets vaxxed we will all still continue to die. Right or left- everyone is Selfish.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 22:30:57 »
This exactly the sort of mentality that will let the virus continue to run rampant. Everyone I know says they are going to wait, so if no one gets vaxxed we will all still continue to die. Right or left- everyone is Selfish.

It's not necessary to get judgey, Tp4 has also seen I am Legend.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 01:51:10 »
The people who are are saying you should take it have dedicated their lives to this, studied it.
The people sowing discontent are Karen on Facebook, who isn't qualified to even discuss medical science but also may actual be Ivan In Russia.

Seriously, consider your sources.
I'm not saying be first in line but not listening to the experts is what got is into this mess and is very unlikely to get us out of it either. Besides, you probably won't even have the chance to be the first to get it anyhow if you live in the US as supplies are going to be limited. Chalk up another win for our glorious leader.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline yui

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 02:05:44 »
to be fair big pharma has proven multiple times in the bast that they are ready to kill or poison millions to get more money, some of those companies are even still operating today, but here the one that slips would have so much blood on its hand that i do not think they could recover. although those are my thought and i may be wrong.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 02:12:52 »
to be fair big pharma has proven multiple times in the bast that they are ready to kill or poison millions to get more money, some of those companies are even still operating today, but here the one that slips would have so much blood on its hand that i do not think they could recover. although those are my thought and i may be wrong.
I don't trust big pharma as fa as I can throw them but there are non-big pharma medical experts experts you can trust.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline yui

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 04:38:02 »
I don't trust big pharma as fa as I can throw them but there are non-big pharma medical experts experts you can trust.
i was just saying that the distrust for the vaccination does not come from nowhere, i will still try to get it as early as i can, because as soon i am out of the potential vector pool the better i will feel, and either way, even if the vaccine kills me, it will achieve that so win-win :)
                                                                       (^that part is a joke, i'd rather not die from the vaccine, for those who do not understand that humor)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 11:00:20 »
either way, even if the vaccine kills me, it will achieve that so win-win :)
                                                                       (^that part is a joke, i'd rather not die from the vaccine, for those who do not understand that humor)

You would've gotten to play Cyberpunk2077 , so it's a gud' time to die, life's pekd.

Offline yui

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 11:36:59 »

You would've gotten to play Cyberpunk2077 , so it's a gud' time to die, life's pekd.
well no, i will not, i decided to make gifts instead of buying a new pc, and my current gaming pc will not run it above about 5 fps :) but i do not really care

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 12:40:56 »
Finally a little sense - Christmas is now just one day of spreading the virus rather than five.  It's too late now everyone's been out buying presents for weeks but it's a nice thought I guess.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 13:36:46 »
Finally a little sense - Christmas is now just one day of spreading the virus rather than five.  It's too late now everyone's been out buying presents for weeks but it's a nice thought I guess.

Still no sale on any gud' pianos, sigh...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 22:02:48 »
Took the bus grocery shopping today. At the bus station was a man, maskless, sweating and coughing uncontrollably. Hacking without covering his mouth, spitting his disgusting snot onto the ground of the depot. Obviously very sick. It became apparent this idiot was going to be on the same bus as I. When it pulled up he dug a filthy mask out of his jacket pocket which he wore for about 15 seconds between boarding the bus and sitting down. He immediately removed it and started hacking again. After the bus pulled away he got up and began going down the row shutting all the windows. The driver came over the com and told him he cannot do that, it is against policy and safety regulations. "**** you ***** I'm freezing!" he yelled, violently kicking a seat. Not wanting to risk physical harm from this psychopath she didn't say anything else. No one did. Everyone on the bus simply exchanges silent but worried glances as he went back to his seat rambling a string of curse words loud enough to drown out the engine.

I am so saddened by this. My faith in people was already low, but this really was a depressing display.

Glad I was double-masked and gloved up. Usually don't go that far but something told me today before going out I should.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 December 2020, 04:11:53 by noisyturtle »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 22:15:22 »
Part of it is that guy's fault of course.

The other part is, well, socio-economic inequality.   

Etiquette, common-sense, hygiene comes at a COST.  If the rich absorbs all the wealth, these societal dregs are a natural outcome.

You shouldn't lose faith in humanity, the truly abhorrent thing here is Unchecked Hedonism and CAPITALISM.

Offline jamster

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 22:38:01 »

The other part is, well, socio-economic inequality.   

Etiquette, common-sense, hygiene comes at a COST.  If the rich absorbs all the wealth, these societal dregs are a natural outcome.

You shouldn't lose faith in humanity, the truly abhorrent thing here is Unchecked Hedonism and CAPITALISM.

There's more to it than that. I have spent a fair bit of time in third world countries where the poor are still totally pleasant and civilised for the most part.

Or the Philippines- massive inequality there, but people are generally great, and they are also managing to deal with this pandemic well despite a huge population spread out amongst challenging terrain, and an overall lack of resources.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 23:08:26 »

You guys need to stop thinking like this.
Some people do bring it on themselves, but don't think you're safe because you don't do that, you can easily get it from anywhere.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline yui

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 01:52:27 »

You guys need to stop thinking like this.
Some people do bring it on themselves, but don't think you're safe because you don't do that, you can easily get it from anywhere.
i will 2nd leslie on that, every-time i went into the red it was mostly my own fault, although sometime helped by dishonest peoples, but peoples hate to admit it can even be their fault and instead act like ****heads to everyone... and even wealthy peoples do not wear the mask, i had to argue with a coworker yesterday for 2 minutes because he did not want to wear the mask, even though those mask are given to us for free, 2 per day, so no not everything is because of inequality and lack of access.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 08:49:29 »

didn't say anything else. No one did.

Having had a hateful, selfish, infantile leader in this country seems to have somehow enabled too many people in this country who harbor the same attitudes to display them in public, regularly and with seeming impunity.

The proper answer is that the riders and driver should have thrown him off the bus, but of course no one was willing to even touch him.

Offline yui

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 09:11:48 »

Having had a hateful, selfish, infantile leader in this country seems to have somehow enabled too many people in this country who harbor the same attitudes to display them in public, regularly and with seeming impunity.

The proper answer is that the riders and driver should have thrown him off the bus, but of course no one was willing to even touch him.
don't you have laws against public indecency? cops exists for a reason, seeing red and blue may make him calm down a fair bit

Offline jamster

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 20:14:35 »

don't you have laws against public indecency? cops exists for a reason, seeing red and blue may make him calm down a fair bit

The analogy to public indecency laws and people insisting that masks impinge on their 'freedoms' has been made many times, and the issue still hasn't gotten anywhere.

Offline yui

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 05:03:42 »
yes but those mask are mandatory, at least here they are, and it was not the only thing he was doing wrong from the description, drug lords have been taken down for tax fraud, that kind of a guy could be for verbal violence or attempted vandalism (ok, i do not know if you can be in trouble for trying and failing to break something, as you failed, but worth a shot)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #93 on: Sat, 26 December 2020, 21:41:38 »
Watching CA after the holidays and it is becoming extremely difficult to remain sympathetic in the face of people being blatantly retarded.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 26 December 2020, 22:18:45 »
Beware shaming people for something they may have hand no hand in.
You have no idea how a person got it, you also can catch it through no fault of your own and for all you know you could be next. Are you going to shame a health care worker who got it while trying to save a patient? Or a kid who got it from a parent? Just because someone caught it doesn't mean they were careless.

As for California, have you not been watching other states?
Considering the population and scale, compared to the rest of the country it could be a lot worse. News focused on California because of the population size, but you can't tell tell me everyone else stayed home for the holidays. I've lived in the south and the midwest, there's no damn way in hell they all stayed home because government told them to.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 00:55:40 »
Covid is the new driving. Any random idiot out there can just kill you but now with the added convenience of not having to go 60mph to do it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 06:45:03 »
Beware shaming people for something they may have hand no hand in.
You have no idea how a person got it, you also can catch it through no fault of your own and for all you know you could be next. Are you going to shame a health care worker who got it while trying to save a patient? Or a kid who got it from a parent? Just because someone caught it doesn't mean they were careless.

As for California, have you not been watching other states?
Considering the population and scale, compared to the rest of the country it could be a lot worse. News focused on California because of the population size, but you can't tell tell me everyone else stayed home for the holidays. I've lived in the south and the midwest, there's no damn way in hell they all stayed home because government told them to.

Well, we know at least 1 in 2 adults are not to be trusted with any decision above what's for lunch.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 08:32:20 »

you also can catch it through no fault of your own

The concept of "herd immunity" is talked about but the opposite side is a sort of "herd contagion"

As long as the R number is >1 we will not be out of the woods, and even then there will be a huge reservoir of infected people to work through.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 09:34:23 »
Mutation is the problem now.   If this goes around like the flu after a couple years.   Fury road here we come.

We have to go whole food plant based immediately. This is urgent.

Offline jamster

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 19:58:14 »
The concept of "herd immunity" is talked about but the opposite side is a sort of "herd contagion"

As long as the R number is >1 we will not be out of the woods, and even then there will be a huge reservoir of infected people to work through.

That is a much better way of putting it. I find it hard to fathom many of the contorted, self-serving, dumbass/flat-out-evil (depending on how charitable one is feeling), ideas that have come out of this pandemic. Reading about the UK government tap dance its way around the 'herd immunity' idea was a good example.

Reading about various countries and how their populations respond to the survey questions about willingness to take vaccines is the lastest 'WTF' issue.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 December 2020, 20:00:31 by jamster »

Offline yui

« Reply #100 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 13:48:27 »
Mutation is the problem now.   If this goes around like the flu after a couple years.   Fury road here we come.

TP stop going full ostrich mode, VEGANISM WILL DO NOTHING AGAINST COVID, absolutely nothing, the only thing that can do anything is either peoples following the rules (work from home at a maximum, mask, no gathering...), government enforcing the rules (still considering anti-masker and anti-vaccer bio-terrorists), or full on lockdown for much longer. you are actually making everything worse here with your message because peoples will believe you and think that mask are optional as they stopped eating meat... i have arguments with anti maskers on a regular by now and there are more and more of them... so sure if you want to see the world burn continue spreading false information about veganism and how it can save you from all that exists (spoiler alert IT DOES NOT).
i have no issues with you being vegan, frankly go for it, but for **** sake stop forcing it down peoples throat in every discussions even when there is no reason to, you just give vegans a very bad reputation, and really as a movement you do not need more bad reputation...

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 14:07:40 »

TP stop going full ostrich mode, VEGANISM WILL DO NOTHING AGAINST COVID, absolutely nothing, the only thing that can do anything is either peoples following the rules (work from home at a maximum, mask, no gathering...), government enforcing the rules (still considering anti-masker and anti-vaccer bio-terrorists), or full on lockdown for much longer. you are actually making everything worse here with your message because peoples will believe you and think that mask are optional as they stopped eating meat... i have arguments with anti maskers on a regular by now and there are more and more of them... so sure if you want to see the world burn continue spreading false information about veganism and how it can save you from all that exists (spoiler alert IT DOES NOT).
i have no issues with you being vegan, frankly go for it, but for **** sake stop forcing it down peoples throat in every discussions even when there is no reason to, you just give vegans a very bad reputation, and really as a movement you do not need more bad reputation...

This made me enjoy my steak and barbacoa burrito bowl even more, lol.   But yeah I see multiple anti-maskers daily and even in store that have a mask policy and wonder wtf.  I just chalk up a mask as a price of admission into a store and work at this point (sure having to wear it annoys me but I get over it since it is what it is).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 15:09:12 »

Tp4 is not vegan.  Tp4 is Whole Food Plant Based.

Yui, I've always chosen not to fight you directly because you want to win (an argument) more than you want to research the matter.

Going plant based significantly strengthens the immune system, even if someone catches covid, it will help them get through it.

Tp4 never claimed that eating veggies mean that you don't have to wear a mask,  Tp4 will be wearing masks for the next 5-10 years depending on how this civil war goes.

As for the MACRO event,  ALL MAJOR PANDEMICS have been Zoonotic. That is just a historical fact. 

Chickens - Typhoid
Camels - Camelpox ->Smallpox
Aquatic fowl (Ducks) - Influenza
Cows/Sheep - Rhinderpest -> Measles
Pigs -> Whooping Cough, SwineFlu
Bats -> Pangolin - COVID.

This is why it's critical that we switch to Either Lab-grown-meat or VEGGIES.

But in General, YES, M0ar Veggies is the only solution to Climate change and future pandemics.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 15:55:00 »
You realize w/out even eating said animals the diseases can still spread.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 16:00:37 »
You realize w/out even eating said animals the diseases can still spread.

Good question Darthbaggins,  Check out this video, it explains WHY animal agriculture MAGNIFIES the diseases by several orders of magnitude.

Offline yui

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 17:04:17 »

Tp4 is not vegan.  Tp4 is Whole Food Plant Based.

fair enough, i do not see the diference to be honest as i thought the point of veganism was that you only ate plant based stuff, i guess i was wrong.

Yui, I've always chosen not to fight you directly because you want to win (an argument) more than you want to research the matter.

well i usually only get into arguments about matters i researched a bit before hand, or that someone i trust has done, maybe should remove that 2nd part.

Going plant based significantly strengthens the immune system, even if someone catches covid, it will help them get through it.

2 problems there:
1- there are studies showing that, plant based does nothing, strengthen and weakens the immune system, so yeah, and from a biology stand point i do not see it making much sense at all
2- either way covid-19 does not kill, the immune system over-react and does in most cases, so that would be a negative here

Tp4 never claimed that eating veggies mean that you don't have to wear a mask,  Tp4 will be wearing masks for the next 5-10 years depending on how this civil war goes.

no you did not but the kind of peoples who do not want to wear a mask will cling onto anything not to wear it, so do not give them ammunition to kill us all

As for the MACRO event,  ALL MAJOR PANDEMICS have been Zoonotic. That is just a historical fact. 

Chickens - Typhoid
Camels - Camelpox ->Smallpox
Aquatic fowl (Ducks) - Influenza
Cows/Sheep - Rhinderpest -> Measles
Pigs -> Whooping Cough, SwineFlu
Bats -> Pangolin - COVID.

well yes diseases do evolve, although it is rather random, and it does go both way, but well were do you want the new disease to come from, other humans? did you ever hear of the flu? it mutates fast enough to be dangerous every year.

This is why it's critical that we switch to Either Lab-grown-meat or VEGGIES.

it would reduce slightly the vectors, true, but to eliminate the problem you would actually need to kill off all wildlife, or prevent any interaction between human and other life, so yeah possible but will not work much better

But in General, YES, M0ar Veggies is the only solution to Climate change and future pandemics.

to climate change, it is part of the solution, to pandemic i maintain it is not, both are widely different problems and require different solutions, for pandemics the solutions would be:
 better hygiene, animal and human alike,
 proper mask protection and insulation in cases of symptoms, something our society stigmatize, should look at Asia for a decent example,
 lower population density,
 and for the love of all that is good take your vaccines, some diseases are coming back thanks to anti-vaccers.
although it is not that simple, those steps would likely help a lot more than just eating more plants, although if you want to go whole plant based go for it, even if the effects are marginal at best, just do not sell it as the be all end all to every problem our society has, it is not and will cause more if the change is too abrupt.
(ps. you can't even have vegetable without insects so no the plan to kill all animals life on the planet will not work)

Offline Auslander

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 17:40:48 »

No thanks, ill stick to eating grass fed and finished meats. Many people have problems with bloating, lower protein absorption rates, and decreased testosterone from non meat sources that are high in protein.
HHKB JP | Realforce 104UB-DK | HHKB Pro 2

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 18:42:16 »
Hang on,  If they stop transporting stroke and heart attack victims to hospitals,   I don't understand, what do they do send out rescue / defib crew ?  what happens ?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 22:27:59 »
Hang on,  If they stop transporting stroke and heart attack victims to hospitals,   I don't understand, what do they do send out rescue / defib crew ?  what happens ?
First responders can work on you but they can't take you to an emergency room, they will turn away ambulance.

If you get out and walk in they have to take you, however once inside you face combat triage. Yes, as in milltary style front line triage, ever watch MASH?
They decide who is most likely to recover and needs help while, ignoring those with little to no chance of surviving or minor uinjuries. Got a small cut, you will be waiting, possibly for days, broken bone, same, it may start to heal before you even get in to see a doc.

You no longer need to catch Covid for Covid to maim you for life or even kill you, you just need a bad injury.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 23:33:31 »
First responders can work on you but they can't take you to an emergency room, they will turn away ambulance.

If you get out and walk in they have to take you, however once inside you face combat triage. Yes, as in milltary style front line triage, ever watch MASH?
They decide who is most likely to recover and needs help while, ignoring those with little to no chance of surviving or minor uinjuries. Got a small cut, you will be waiting, possibly for days, broken bone, same, it may start to heal before you even get in to see a doc.

You no longer need to catch Covid for Covid to maim you for life or even kill you, you just need a bad injury.

That's a bone-chilling paragraph to read.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 00:23:18 »
I don't understand that Leslieann - my thought would be "covid? survival chance ~50% (if you're bad enough to be at a hospital) long stay, broken arm 100% recovery minimum effort and gone within the hour - fix the arm"

In related news our prime minister has all but admitted not cancelling Christmas was dumb.  Who woulda thunk it.  Makes no difference, I'm off to work!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline jamster

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 00:50:51 »
In related news our prime minister has all but admitted not cancelling Christmas was dumb.  Who woulda thunk it.  Makes no difference, I'm off to work!

Does anyone over there really think that Boris Johnson really cares about anything else besides securing a place in history? Even a decade ago, it seemed quite clear that he simply wanted to be Winston Churchill.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 01:11:52 »
Boris Johnson still sounds like a made up Russian sleeper agent name to me

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 03:19:16 »
I don't understand that Leslieann - my thought would be "covid? survival chance ~50% (if you're bad enough to be at a hospital) long stay, broken arm 100% recovery minimum effort and gone within the hour - fix the arm"
The arm can wait, so you wait.
If you start with the easy stuff, by the time you get to the worse off patients there may not be any left. You start with the worst injured that are saveable, get them stable and work back from there. You can assign easier ones to other staff, a nurse may not be normally expected to do certain things but they've seen and done it enough to handle a lot when things get bad. Once the worst patients are stable they come back and deal with the minor stuff or hand that off to nurses where they do their best. Most covid cases, even hospitalized are survivable, it just takes a lot of manpower.

To be honest, hospitals do this to an extent at normal times too. Because our system is all profit driven hospitals use wait times to discourage you from going in with minor injuries in the first place, there's no money in it, especially in poorer areas. Whether you can pay or not our emergency room has to take you and stabilize you so if you are poor and have no insurance your only option is the emergency room rather than a normal doc. We have great hospitals, but only if you can afford it. This is why you have people using Ubers instead of ambulances. It's a screwed up system even in the best of times.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 05:56:16 »
This is why you have people using Ubers instead of ambulances. It's a screwed up system even in the best of times.

And here we are with our free ambulances generally staffed by 2 x bachelor degree qualified paramedics.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 07:46:21 »
Well at least we have a huge boom to look forward to post Covid. I mean, that's the way it's supposed to go according to past pandemics.
So much damage is being done in as of yet unforeseen long term ways, and the death of the middle class and small business are two things I don't think the world can afford to lose in the future.
If only greed weren't synonymous with egotism perhaps we'd be on a better track for humanity.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 21:31:23 »
Well at least we have a huge boom to look forward to post Covid. I mean, that's the way it's supposed to go according to past pandemics.
So much damage is being done in as of yet unforeseen long term ways, and the death of the middle class and small business are two things I don't think the world can afford to lose in the future.
If only greed weren't synonymous with egotism perhaps we'd be on a better track for humanity.
What about the last 4 years has been normal?

Frankly, I think we will be lucky if it just smooths out the economy. There's lots of signs they've been tinkering with it to hide a coming recession just like they did in 2008. A boon now might reverse that. Or it could mask it further leading to another major stock market crash, so history totally repeats itself.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline yui

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 02:18:10 »
What about the last 4 years has been normal?

Frankly, I think we will be lucky if it just smooths out the economy. There's lots of signs they've been tinkering with it to hide a coming recession just like they did in 2008. A boon now might reverse that. Or it could mask it further leading to another major stock market crash, so history totally repeats itself.
well the US has not managed to start a good war in a while, so their economy, built upon the war machine, is failing and everyone else is tied to the US economy... so we are ****ed either way

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 03:38:08 »
well the US has not managed to start a good war in a while, so their economy, built upon the war machine, is failing and everyone else is tied to the US economy... so we are ****ed either way
Not for lack of trying.

Our economy is actually quite diverse, you wouldn't know it from how some senators speak but that's because in their districts it often does revolve around it. Some states here are pretty sparsely populated. Besides, it's not like we aren't in enough of them to keep the ball rolling.

Don't watch the stock market for the next (U.S. based) crash, it's not indicative of the actual U.S. economy (it's become a shell game), watch California housing foreclosures, if the houses start going into foreclosure at record rates and prices start to drop, even a little, get worried. Right now, there's trouble brewing but there's time to turn it around.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 03:55:55 »

Here here! Wouldn't it be fantastic if everybody had enough regard for everybody else to treat everybody like this, pandemic or not? I did a feasibility study on this the other day - started googling around, found a thesaurus website and it turns out the ancients had a word for a practice exactly like this: they called it "manners."

For all of the Asian readers, there are many in the US on whom it is not lost that many Asian countries are kicking a** on the Covid Response. I look to Taiwan in particular and I think "Damn," wouldn't it be nice if all of the countries who really struggle with the pandemic lived in societies that had the same social skills as Asian countries? I'll answer that question: yes, yes it would.

Topre REALFORCE

Offline korrelate

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 04:00:58 »
Boris Johnson still sounds like a made up Russian sleeper agent name to me

Damn, that's spot on NT. What a mouthful! Like, if you were wondering how deeply Russia's attempts to divide and conquer the west have succeeded, and you came across this guy you'd have to wonder to yourself, "Is Russia just bragging about it now?"

I swear, if he died his hair black he would look just like Boris Badinuv from Dudley Dooright. Seriously, we are reaching "cartoonish levels of supervillany" here.

Topre REALFORCE

Offline korrelate

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 04:13:09 »

I agree that covid disproportionately impacts poor people, but the idea of 'design' may be a bit too far: EVERY virus (indeed, every hardship of just about every kind) disproportionately impacts the poorest in the community) so using the idea of impact on the poor to support the claim of deliberate design may be specious reasoning.

Topre REALFORCE

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #122 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 06:16:48 »
Still in lockdown

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 09:30:36 »
Man,, when you read some armchair guy on reddit explain the difference betweeen Triage and Combat Triage like Lesliann.. in a covid thread

This is a whole'nother level of disaster..  like that's a main thread. ?  not just obscurity, that's now the thread.  I think we gon' die. 

Should sign up for r/ collapse.

I'd buy a cabin the mountains some where, buhh the housing bubble ..

Offline jamster

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 09:53:49 »
For all of the Asian readers, there are many in the US on whom it is not lost that many Asian countries are kicking a** on the Covid Response. I look to Taiwan in particular and I think "Damn," wouldn't it be nice if all of the countries who really struggle with the pandemic lived in societies that had the same social skills as Asian countries? I'll answer that question: yes, yes it would.

It's not all unicorns and roses out in Asia. There are dark sides to the story- Singapore is one of the covid darlings in the media, but their 4000 'local' infections are eclipsed by the 150,000 infections in their hitherto hidden migrant workforce, many of whom have been locked into cramped dormitories with 20 people a room for months on end. Others have been using it as an excuse for political repression of their own citizens.

Some countries have handled covid very well, but saying that it's down to some kind of superior set of Asian social skills is massively simplistic and also does a disservice to societies like Australia and New Zealand.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 10:16:38 »
Or from another viewpoint:

Offline jamster

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 19:30:05 »

That's too obviously cherry-picked for gender. Leaves out Australia, South Korea, Switzerland, Japan, Singapore (discounting their hidden Bangladeshi labourers, which everyone seems to be happy to ignore). Some of these had higher challenges, e.g. being in the middle of Europe, being the main travel hub for Asia, or having massive and dense populations centres.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 19:31:10 »

That's too obviously cherry-picked for gender. Leaves out Australia, South Korea, Switzerland, Japan, Singapore (discounting their hidden Bangladeshi labourers). Some of these had higher challenges, e.g. being in the middle of Europe, being the main travel hub for Asia, or having massive and dense populations centres.

And let's not forget, China's XiJingp00h did better than several of those countries put together.

Also, the hidden labor force in Japan imported from the Philippines.

Offline korrelate

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 06:47:11 »

It's not all unicorns and roses out in Asia. There are dark sides to the story- Singapore is one of the covid darlings in the media, but their 4000 'local' infections are eclipsed by the 150,000 infections in their hitherto hidden migrant workforce, many of whom have been locked into cramped dormitories with 20 people a room for months on end. Others have been using it as an excuse for political repression of their own citizens.

Some countries have handled covid very well, but saying that it's down to some kind of superior set of Asian social skills is massively simplistic and also does a disservice to societies like Australia and New Zealand.

I didn't say it's all unicorns and roses out in Asia. You do me a disservice for implying that. From my perspective, it seems that simply by implying that Asian cultures could be doing a better job at something is touching a nerve ( a racist nerve, perhaps - I don't know for certain, but you're kind of sounding a bit racist buddy). Yes, NZ is totally kicking butt here, but consider the big picture: I'm not studying this data for a living, but MANY of the countries that are predominantly populated by whites are doing worse with COVID than MOST of the countries that are populated by Asians.
I haven't reviewed any of the data regarding Australia's response, but I'll take your word for it. Great! And Singapore's doing some shady stuff with migrants? OK! Overall, though, I'm still pretty certain that as far as COVID goes, they're doing better than white countries. Certainly better than the US is (where I'm from). And in anticipation of any pedantic thoughts you might want to wrap your reply in: YES! there may be exceptions to that rule. One or two white counties (NZ) may be doing a great job! Hurray!

Topre REALFORCE

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 11:58:39 »
I jus think we gon' die.  it's not going to stop at 500k, we're prolly gonna hit 750k-1mil

Offline korrelate

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 13:14:31 »
I didn't have time to do every single country but this is a pretty good representation of the comparative performance of Asian countries vs Western Countries:

https://imgur.com/0Z5UDbg

There are two main sources of data: one for population numbers and another for infection (and mortality) data. These citations are listed in the image and I have included them again at the bottom of this post. Please feel free to check the numbers yourself. In any event, I suspected that the list of "best performers" posted by fohat.digs was over sampling good performers from western cultures (i.e. biased toward whitey) so I took the liberty of listing many more countries.

disclaimer: I am white 100%, born and raised in the US. If "whitey" is considered a derogatory term by any of the readers of this post, I apologize in advance. I just don't like seeing facts get skewed or cherry picked, and I suspect (without accusing) that the chart posted by fohat was skewed towards white countries and the research I have just conducted certainly seems to support my suspicions.

Basically: when I say that "with respect to their handling of Covid" Asian Countries are beating us I think I was wrong. I should rather have said, "Asian Countries are Kicking Our A**es."
Seriously, any time you're being beaten by an Order Of Magnitude ( a power of 10) you ARE GETTING YOUR A** KICKED. There's no other way to put it and if you aren't aware of the fact that you are losing by an order of magnitude, welll.... that's probably one of the reasons you're losing so badly.

The Asian countries that I have listed here total up to about a billion people in population. Ditto for the western countries. I've excluded China and Russia because I find their numbers difficult to believe but feel free to plug them in if you like and have a go at it: that's the brilliant thing about research - if you do some yourself you don't have to take anyone's word for it.

So, we're comparing roughly equivalent populations and here's the results:

Total Infections:
Asian      =  2,357,916
Western = 41,755,587
Let that sink in: the West has well over 10 times (one order of magnitude) more infections than Asian countries. Yes, there are outliers, but w.r.t. covid, Asian countries are kicking Western countries a**es.

Note: even if you remove the worst performing western country (the USA, no doubt), team W is still getting its ass kicked:
Asian      =  2,357,916
Western = 20,110,630
The West still has an order of magnitude more cases than Asian countries.

Now for Mortality:
Asian      =            46,353
Western =         852,065 (incl the USA)
                          485,796 (not incl the USA)
Same thing: if you include the USA, the West still has well over an order of magnitude more deaths than Asian countries have. If you exclude the USA (the worst performing country), the West still has an order of magnitude more deaths than Asian countries have.

Population                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_population
Infections and Mortalities      https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
(Johns Hopkins)

« Last Edit: Tue, 19 January 2021, 14:22:35 by korrelate »

Topre REALFORCE

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 17:06:19 »
I jus think we gon' die.  it's not going to stop at 500k, we're prolly gonna hit 750k-1mil

TP not believe in vaccine?  Surely some people who are vaccinated will live. right?  :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 17:47:41 »

TP not believe in vaccine?  Surely some people who are vaccinated will live. right?  :p

Oh Tp4 believes in vaccine,  it's ery1 else who dun' believe it..   If there's a high virus load out there, even a vaccinated person could be overwhelmed.

Flu vaccines are not 100% , many times they're not even 10%,  they just slow down the transmission therefore the killing.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 17:53:10 »
I haven't given up hope yet.  We have a new administration with the power to move things along.  We have better theraputics every day.  We have a vaccine.  Don't give up hope.  Double down on the hunker down.  We can do it.

Offline NoteMakoti

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 22:58:16 »
I just got my first vaccine shot today. 😌

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 23:21:03 »

how did you qualify, if ya don't mind me asking?

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 23:22:38 »
If there's a high virus load out there, even a vaccinated person could be overwhelmed.

That isn't how this works.

Once your body has an effective adaptive immune response to a pathogen, you'll probably be able to deal with it just fine, even if you get 10000 times as much initial dose (or whatever).

A high dose is really bad if your body does not yet know what the pathogen looks like, because exponential growth starting from a high baseline quickly overwhelms your innate immune response. You can't keep the pathogen at bay long enough for your adaptive immune response to figure it out and kick the pathogen's ass. But the adaptive immune system is ****ing amazing once it gets going.

There are some really interesting animal models with MERS and SARS (and presumably Covid too, by now, but I haven't looked again) where animals (mice or whatever) given a tiny dose of the virus basically all survive just fine most with no symptoms, animals given a dose 100x or 1000x higher than the tiny dose have a long struggle but some pull through, animals given a 10,000x higher initial dose have a long struggle but all die, and animals given 1,000,000x higher dose rapidly deteriorate losing all their body weight and having multiple organs fail within a few days.

Later re-testing the surviving animals, they all easily survive the highest doses without experiencing any symptoms.

This is why you want to wear a ****ing mask when you spend time indoors with potentially infected people, or when you are potentially infected and spend time indoors with other people. If you can cut the initial dose by 100x you give your immune system a fighting chance and dramatically reduce the chances of a bad outcome, even if you end up infected.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or virologist.

Flu vaccines are not 100% , many times they're not even 10%,  they just slow down the transmission therefore the killing.
The problem with flu vaccines is that the flu mutates super fast compared to most viruses, and there are multiple strains out there. People try to predict what the dominant strain will be and prepare the appropriate vaccine every year, but the whole process takes a lot of time and can't be fixed partway through the flu season, so they often don't get it quite right. The other problem is that many people never get the seasonal flu vaccine. Even if the vaccine perfectly stopped a given year's flu, there would still be a large unvaccinated population every year.

All available evidence suggests that the Covid vaccines being deployed now will effectively counter all of the various variants of Covid currently seen in the wild. It is possible that the virus could mutate in such a way that it evades vaccines, but that hasn't been found to have happened yet, and this virus mutates significantly slower than the flu.

It is entirely possible people will need to get re-vaccinated for a new Covid strain within the next few years. But full roll-out of the current vaccines should be pretty effective at bringing the pandemic sharply under control in the short term. (Of course, getting vaccines to everyone in the world is a monumental logistics and public outreach challenge.)
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 January 2021, 23:49:02 by jacobolus »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #137 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 04:13:19 »

Viral load

These numbers are relative, and they exclude timing of events. There are other things that can dampen immunity in conjunction with the infection.

No denying vaccines work, but quite often they don't work nearly as well as they're supposed to.

Offline NoteMakoti

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 12:48:30 »

I signed up for a reminder email, the system glitched and let me make an appointment, and they ended up giving me a shot in order to not waste it. I was very lucky.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #139 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 12:56:30 »

I signed up for a reminder email, the system glitched and let me make an appointment, and they ended up giving me a shot in order to not waste it. I was very lucky.

Tp4 is going 2 die..

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 13:01:27 »
Nice to know they're taking it seriously and hiring good developers.

If the system can't even sign you up to an e-mail list should it be trusted to book appointments for those who should need them? :-\
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #141 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 18:17:54 »
The county I live in just recently made the distinction of #1 for Covid-19 cases per capita in the entire world. Not sure about your system that glitched, but here they are using signupgenius.com for shots. That's the same website I used to sign up to bring posicles to my son's summer school event.  Let's hope that the developers at signupgenius.com are good :)

The good news is that people here are more than willing to get vaccinated.  In fact, they've run out of shots on more than one occasion now.  Currenly #3 in the country for percentage of individuals getting vaccinated.  Woohoo.  I may live  (/crossesfingers)
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 January 2021, 18:28:44 by pixelpusher »

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #142 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 19:45:05 »
I saw some news story about someplace in Florida doing open vaccine signups on Eventbrite, and another one that just had a first-come first-served line in a parking lot or something.

US vaccine planning has gone just about as smoothly as everything else the Trump administration was in charge of.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #143 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 21:25:14 »
I'd be totally down for door-to-door vaccinations. It would be the fastest and easiest way to ensure everyone get it, like taking the census.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #144 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 21:28:31 »
I'd be totally down for door-to-door vaccinations. It would be the fastest and easiest way to ensure everyone get it, like taking the census.
It's hard enough getting people to fill out the census, there isn't a chance in hell of this working with the current distrust of Covid and vaccines.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #145 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 21:44:34 »
I always prefer empirical evidence and by the time I get to the front of the line I figure that the bugs may be mostly ferretted out.

Clinical trials can only go so far, but installing vaccinations in millions of subjects all over the world seems like a certain, if inefficient, way to flush out problems.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #146 on: Sun, 10 January 2021, 13:08:34 »
The did the numbers    Deaths for   Year 2020 = Year 2019 + 400,000

Offline jamster

« Reply #147 on: Sun, 10 January 2021, 20:53:46 »
Yet almost fifty percent of the nation still voted for this murderous clown.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 16:46:54 »
I took a survey then received an email that I qualify for a vax. After spending 32 mins on hold trying to make an appointment the person on the phone said I could not make an appointment or come in and that I don't qualify. No wonder people are dropping like flies wtf How does one actually get the vax?

'doing everything they can' my butt  >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 17:12:42 »
These numbers be ludicrous. !!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 21:49:09 »
If you lie to frontline workers about a fake medical condition just to do your shopping without a mask you are human garbage and deserve to get sick.

Offline yui

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 01:20:03 »
If you lie to frontline workers about a fake medical condition just to do your shopping without a mask you are human garbage and deserve to get sick.
the problem is that the mask do not protect you against being sick, but protects others when you are.... so when they get sick they will cause the problems, sometimes i wish those could get those into preventive quarantine, we could make some space into prisons by freeing peoples that never were a danger to anyone a throw those terrorists in, that should reduce the spread of the disease.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 22:11:34 »
Trudeau announced lockdown, today , currently rushing to the bunker cya

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #153 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 03:49:00 »
the problem is that the mask do not protect you against being sick, but protects others when you are.... so when they get sick they will cause the problems, sometimes i wish those could get those into preventive quarantine, we could make some space into prisons by freeing peoples that never were a danger to anyone a throw those terrorists in, that should reduce the spread of the disease.

Issue a hard to fake badge to the few witn legitimate medical reason, change the law so anyone not wearing a mask properly with no badge can be kicked to death by an angry mob (take photo as proof first)  Shouldn't take long to sort itself out... (only semi serious as this law would be open to abuse)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline alphanoob

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 11:53:19 »
I am just now recovering from covid. it was horrible

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 18:52:45 »
I got my 2nd shot today. Pfizer

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 19:28:39 »
I got my 2nd shot today. Pfizer

I get mine Friday!  Woop woop.  How's the symptoms?  I hear it can be a bit rough.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #157 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 20:40:48 »
Everybody says "i got my shot today" i'm in dead last :)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #158 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 20:45:18 »

i'm in dead last

What an awful price to pay for being young and healthy.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #159 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 22:19:23 »

i'm in dead last

What an awful price to pay for being young and healthy.

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm or not :))

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 08:04:28 »