Author Topic: Recommendation - Custom board or PCB only - Wireless AND QMK  (Read 1594 times)

Offline hulster

Recommendation - Custom board or PCB only - Wireless AND QMK
« on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 04:09:48 »
Hi there,

to fullfill this requirements seems not to be easy at the moment.
I am using for work a Win PC and an iPad in parallel. Currently with a Keychron K3, which works flawlessly.
Further a Mac without an option to connect any keyboard via cable (not technically, but how it is positioned).
I tried out a Drop Planck and was very fine with, but I do not see any chance to get an ortho wireless board even by a group buy soon.
The reasons for QMK is, I plan to switch to Colemak DH and doing key mapping separately on all the devices looks to be a pain.
So for the moment I found only the KBD67 lite, but the case design is not my favourite.
Right today I realised Keychron seem to make their "normal" ranges QMK compatible. They announced the K8 Pro, which is finally a K8 with QMK.
Hope they are doing a K6 Pro as well. Preferred would be they make their Qx Series wireless.
Anyway - all future options.
So any recommendations for a custom board despite the KBD67 lite and currently available?

thx in advance

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Recommendation - Custom board or PCB only - Wireless AND QMK
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 09:33:30 »
I don't do wireless boards, I don't trust anyone but Logitech for wireless, but the moment you want wireless all your choices go right out the window, you're often lucky if more than 2 boards in productions meet your requirements.

Throw in Covid scarcity and supply chain woes and you're lucky if one one of them is in stock and not back ordered.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion