Author Topic: My new Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro  (Read 9694 times)

Offline Tempest790

My new Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro
« on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 00:46:55 »
I just got my new Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro with RGB backlighting and Cherry MX Brown switches.  It'll be a few more weeks before I get my new desktop, so I set up the colors using the built in keyboard functions not the software.  So far, very easy to use and customize.  Switches feel good but need to broken in like my old Rosewill.

Backlighting looks bright and even although just like most RGB keyboards there is significant light bleed on the sides.  I do prefer the backlighting through the keycaps only with minimal light bleed, but I'll get used to this.

I'll update when I get my computer and test out the software.

The keyboard uses a micro USB cable now so no more loose cable connections like my old Rosewill mini USB had.  Plus, it prefers a USB 3.0 port for its power requirements instead of some older RGB keyboards that used dual USB cables.  I'm glad of that.

This will be my main keyboard for now.  Overall, it's a very well constructed keyboard.

« Last Edit: Sat, 16 July 2016, 10:19:29 by Tempest790 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: My new Corsair Masterkeys Pro
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 00:52:48 »
Masterkey is Cooler Master, not Corsair.  Might want to correct that.

Offline Tempest790

Re: My new Corsair Masterkeys Pro
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 10:15:55 »
Masterkey is Cooler Master, not Corsair.  Might want to correct that.
Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline 1van

Re: My new Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 07:38:47 »
Hi, I also recently picked up a Masterkeys L with Browns. Overall a pretty good keyboard.
Just have a couple of concerns.... Does your pure white look like pink? Also, are you able to use the keyboard to boot up your BIOS? Mine does not seem to respond until the windows loading icon.
Also what are the key caps made out of? They feel lighter/thinner then my Filco keycaps.

Thanks

Offline Tempest790

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 00:14:14 »
I'm still waiting on my desktop so I'm not sure about the keyboard and the BIOS mode.  I'll try that when my new PC comes in.

The backlight with full RGB on looks more like a cool white (slightly bluish) to me than a warm pink. I did manually make some of the keys a warmer white  by dialing back the blue and green one step (R=10, G=9, B=9).

Keycaps feel like ABS plastic similar to the Ducky boards I owned. Nothing special but adequate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 21:55:59 »
Standard bottom row? "What nonsense is this?" -Corsair 2016™
Chris Schammert

Offline Tempest790

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 21:55:38 »
Hi, I also recently picked up a Masterkeys L with Browns. Overall a pretty good keyboard.
Just have a couple of concerns.... Does your pure white look like pink? Also, are you able to use the keyboard to boot up your BIOS? Mine does not seem to respond until the windows loading icon.
Also what are the key caps made out of? They feel lighter/thinner then my Filco keycaps.

Thanks

I got my Lenovo mini desktop up and running in the meantime.  I have the keyboard plugged into the rear USB 3.0 port (which it recommends for power requirements).  I was able to access the BIOS with no problem.  If you have a free USB 3.0 port, I'd try to plug it into that and see if it works better for you.

Standard bottom row? "What nonsense is this?" -Corsair 2016™

Yep.  That's why I'm glad I waited.  I like that it's more customizable than the Ducky but isn't as hard to use as the Corsair.  Plus, I like the new Micro USB port which is a lot more secure than the old Mini USB port.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 July 2016, 21:58:14 by Tempest790 »

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 08:07:14 »
I have the TKL ISO version with Browns and love it.  I am tempted to try the medium but it is not RGB

http://www.coolermaster.com/peripheral/keyboards/masterkeys-pro-m-white/

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 21:17:16 »
I just bought the ANSI S (TKL) version with Browns. While I don't love it as much as I loved my Filco w/ Browns, it's a solid board. Taking a while to get used to these Cherry stabilizers though (Costar for life). I'd try clipping them, but I really don't feel like de-soldering things just to get the plate off the PCB :-\

Offline HerrVoennchen

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 05:28:13 »
Hi,

Nice review and nothing to add. :) I have the Pro S ISO Version with Browns and i love it. But I'm still getting used to it because the layout ist slightly more compact compared to my G80 at work.
@work: Keychron K8 Pro w/ Gateron Ink Black v2
@home: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB (MX-Brown)
retired until fixed: Ducky One 2 SF (MX-Black, US-Layout)
Retired: Varmilo Miya Pro DualOS Custom (MX-Black, US-Layout)