Author Topic: Making a hard case for QFR  (Read 1264 times)

Offline AGmurdercore

Making a hard case for QFR
« on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 09:49:38 »
Long story short i worked at the biggest gaming festival in my country and the organizers "paid" me with 50 euro discount on any item from their website and i new that i want to get the QFR but didn't have the extra money at that time (30 euro). But recently i found a way to get it and now i am happy owner of QFR with reds and i really wanted to make it my lan party/tournament keyboard but for this i needed some hard case to protect it while transporting. My search for one was unsuccessful either because of the price or anything else so i decided to make one myself with scrap material that i have at home. This is my progress from today (sorry for the potato pic :( ):

The next few days i wont be able to work more on this case but i will keep you update once i have some more stuff going on here.

Just to make it clear i am doing this with at least 90% crap material that i have at home, so don't expect anything fancy or something super cool but i hope that it still turn out working for it's purpose to protect the keyboard while i transport it :D
What the hell am I even doing

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Making a hard case for QFR
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 10:08:37 »
Are you going to leave it that large? Or maybe your plan is to add foam or the like?

Offline AGmurdercore

Re: Making a hard case for QFR
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 10:58:27 »
Are you going to leave it that large? Or maybe your plan is to add foam or the like?
The inside will have alot of foam for protection. The cable is placed there to show the spot were there will be a separate "room" that will be cut in the foam for the cable. I will try to make the foam fit as tight as possible to avoid any moving of the keyboard at all while in the case for some extra safety.
What the hell am I even doing