Author Topic: DZ60 vs Poker3  (Read 1787 times)

Offline jcoffin1981

DZ60 vs Poker3
« on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 19:39:09 »
I am planning my next build and it's going to be another 60% which is my preference.   Not a whole lot of requirements, but have it down to a few options- using a Poker3 RGB PCB or DZ60 RGB .  Poker 3 PCB really has everything I want- standard 60% layout, RGB, and programmability.  The DZ60 RGB really does all the same, though I can buy the PCB for less than it cost to buy a used Poker 3 and harvest the PCB.  Is there any advantage to using the DZ60?  I can take advantage of the split spacebar, though it may be difficult to find keycaps that accommodate this.  I do kind of like how easy it is to program the Poker3, though I'm not moving that many keys besides arrows, esc, FN/CAPS LOCK, and one of the CTRL.  Having never used the DZ60, does anyone have any advice one way or the other? 

Oh yes, DZ60 has hotswap which is nice, but not a big deal for me.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
DZ60 vs Poker3
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 03:27:27 »
Does the poker have qmk? I’d go with the dz60 if not. Via and vial make it very easy to change whatever you want, will help in remapping split bars as well.

I’m more leaning towards the dz60 here for its flexibility in layouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jcoffin1981

M
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 00:27:47 »
Does the poker have qmk? I’d go with the dz60 if not. Via and vial make it very easy to change whatever you want, will help in remapping split bars as well.

I’m more leaning towards the dz60 here for its flexibility in layouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Poker has it's own firmware for programming, which I like.  Though I have to say I do like the on-screen programming of the Anne Pro II.  I have zero experience with QMK and I don't know how it compares.  I do have the Drop ALT, but have never messed with QMK.  Guess I am just looking for a nudge in one direction or the other. 
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.