Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1906 times)

Offline reverkiller

Hello
« on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 08:08:46 »
Hi!

All of my friends make fun of me now for being a "keyboard fanatic" (and one insists I need to join Keyboards Anonymous). My wallet already hurts, but I sometimes see posts on here that I'd like to comment on, so I feel I should introduce myself. I'm a college kid, Comp Sci major who spends all day typing and gaming, which inspires my love for keyboards.

In terms of what I have:
  • Model M ('87)
  • Das Keyboard Ultimate
  • Ducky Year of the Dragon (Reds) http://imgur.com/a/EdQZD
  • Poker with Reds (in the mail, should come any day now)

Thanks for all the entertainment and insight provided here!
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 November 2012, 08:16:46 by reverkiller »
Stockpile: Das Keyboard Ultimate (Blues), Ducky YotD (Reds), Model M ('87), Poker (Reds), Siig Minitouch (ALPS) || In Progress: Phantom || Wishlist: Filco Japanese Layout (Browns)

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 08:09:51 »
Nice collection your got there, WELCOME TO GEEKHACK!!!!

Gotta love that aluminum carrying case :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 November 2012, 08:11:23 by boost »
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 10:18:52 »
Nice. It looks like you already got some custom keycaps before even posting a lot on here.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 13:42:40 »
Hi welcome to Geekhack! Nice collection, I definitely think you'll fit right in.
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 16:49:07 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

A nice little collection to start with.  Have you been lurking long?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline reverkiller

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 18:06:21 »
I got my Das about 6 months ago in... April? I started with a Das, and decided that I needed a quieter board for my roommate at school, so I picked up the Ducky with Reds. After that... I got bit by the bug :P. I bought a Model M because I felt I needed to have it. The poker came because I wanted a board with browns (I saw a group buy on DT). They didn't have browns, so instead of backing out (I really wanted a sub TKL board) I got another reds.
Stockpile: Das Keyboard Ultimate (Blues), Ducky YotD (Reds), Model M ('87), Poker (Reds), Siig Minitouch (ALPS) || In Progress: Phantom || Wishlist: Filco Japanese Layout (Browns)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 18:15:23 »
I bought a Model M because I felt I needed to have it.

There are so many people around here who would completely agree with this sentiment :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline deegaf

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 18:25:11 »
welcome to the boards!

Offline Vintage

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 16:13:36 »
Welcome to GH!

Nice collection! :D
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline TheShining