Author Topic: Wey-Tec MK06  (Read 8633 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Wey-Tec MK06
« on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 19:39:00 »
I see one of these remarkable things has hit eBay:

WEY TEC Model MK06 Multifunctional Keyboard

I almost blew it off, till I saw Chyros's review and learned that if anything could be considered the Swiss Army Knife of keyboards, this is it.

Unfortunately, at $200 shipped, it's not cheap (and this one doesn't have the extra upper-right corner keypad like the one in C.'s review). But where else will you find a board with not one but three colour LCD displays, that can control up to 16 computers and connect to just about anything? And don't overlook the 13 embedded-LED keys, thick double-shot ABS buttons with Cyrillic secondary legends, and fruit-salad corner pad.

It's the most compact version of a NASA mission control centre you're going to see out there.

Obviously a company has to be pretty proud of its product when it puts two logo badges on it.  :?)
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Wey-Tec MK06
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 21:52:49 »
Obviously a company has to be pretty proud of its product when it puts two logo badges on it.  :?)

Probably for those people with poor peripheral vision so that a logo is visible at all times.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 01:54:31 »
There are 3 out of 8 left. Note that these don't appear to come with the cables, box and probably not the code either, so it may be impossible to get any of these to ever work.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ekeppel

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 19:36:30 »
Very cool keyboard.  I wouldn't have known anything about these weren't it for Chyros' review (which was excellent, btw).

It reminds me in a lot of ways of the Reuters / Cherry G80-9009HAU:

170555-0

I don't really know what special features it has compared to the Wey-Tec, but from the keycaps one could assume that it is also a trading desk keyboard with multiple screen support.  I would love to see one of these powered up and running in all its glory. :-D