Author Topic: Weather is totes Borked.  (Read 12429 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Weather is totes Borked.
« on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 08:21:21 »
So cold this morning, Had to put pants on.. Whuddupw/dat

Then 2 days ago it was BOILING hot 95+

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
Re: Weather is totes Borked.
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 09:57:03 »
Anything over 20°C is too much.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 10:46:39 »

eat m0ar veggies though, one can withstand higher temps as the system runs cooler w/ higher coolant flow rate (vasodialation)

Tp4 can push 90 F, without much sweating.

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 11:02:36 »
that is very hot

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 19:47:34 »
It had been mid-80s-low-90s F (30-33C) for the past 2 weeks with no rain. Bees and locusts loved it, and so did the garden and weeds as long as I was watering regularly.

Huge rain went through yesterday and overnight temp dropped to 48F/9C !

Silence of the locusts is deafening, but they were probably spent after nearly 2 weeks anyway.

Damn that destabilized circumpolar vortex !
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 20:32:21 »
Famine risk ?
Oh no, that is indeed not good

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 20:50:36 »

Show Image

Haha you should see torontos weather

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 31 May 2021, 01:20:48 »
It's 9 C out this morning 48 F. Gonna rise to 23 C (23 F) later today.

Definitely tank top time.

Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Kavik

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 16:21:32 »
I just wore a winter coat to go for a walk here in the south. It was a bit overkill, and I was getting moist armpits at the end of the 2 mile jaunt, but it's June 1st for crying out loud.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Olumin

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 16:29:39 »

eat m0ar veggies though, one can withstand higher temps as the system runs cooler w/ higher coolant flow rate (vasodialation)

Tp4 can push 90 F, without much sweating.

Everyone who is comfortable in over 21°C is possessed by the devil. Or a women.

And everyone who uses imperial measurements is just wrong by default.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 18:45:36 »

everyone who uses imperial measurements

Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 22:46:43 »
It's very dependent on how long you've been somewhere, it takes about 2 years to acclimate.

So if you move to Florida or Spain, within about 2 years you too would be singing a very different tune.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline jamster

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 23:41:37 »

Show Image

If you are accustomed to going commando, that would certainly be an inconvenience!

[British English, pants = (under)pants]

Offline Olumin

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 01:08:27 »
It's very dependent on how long you've been somewhere, it takes about 2 years to acclimate.

So if you move to Florida or Spain, within about 2 years you too would be singing a very different tune.

Everyone perceives temperature differently. Even someone who grew up in the Amazon can hate warm weather. Its genetic and has often nothing to do with acclimation. Of cause the proportion of heat intolerance is smaller within a population native to warmer climates, due to genetic adaptation. I for my part have a very narrow comfortable temperature range, always had.

Offline haplopoda

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 01:23:39 »

Everyone perceives temperature differently. Even someone who grew up in the Amazon can hate warm weather. Its genetic and has often nothing to do with acclimation. Of cause the proportion of heat intolerance is smaller within a population native to warmer climates, due to genetic adaptation. I for my part have a very narrow comfortable temperature range, always had.
As someone who was born and lived in a tropical country most of their life, this is my experience. I've always hated hot weather and loved the cold. I lived in Northern Europe for 3 years and it was somehow the best climate for me, any temperature under 10C was my favorite (I think -20C was the coldest I experienced there, and I much preferred that to the 27++C weather in my home country). A lot of my Nordic friends wanted to switch countries with me and tbh I did too, haha.

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

Offline Olumin

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 08:22:15 »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 10:13:36 »
My perfect weather is around 60-80 like it is right now. I don't need to wear too much and I don't need to wear too little. 80-90 I don't mind too, but I need water otherwise I will start getting hot and i will sweat  if I'm in the sun for too long.
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 10:34:59 »
Back in the day when I was coming up, "room temperature" was defined as 72F (22C) and that was considered the "perfect" temperature. Funny how that seems very cool in the summer and very warm in the winter, but it stands to reason that our physical bodies have their own expectations relative to the time of year.

I agree with that norm but much prefer 62F to 82F and definitely 52F to 92F outside, while I want a much narrower range spread inside.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 21:39:22 »
Back in the day when I was coming up, "room temperature" was defined as 72F (22C) and that was considered the "perfect" temperature. Funny how that seems very cool in the summer and very warm in the winter, but it stands to reason that our physical bodies have their own expectations relative to the time of year.

I agree with that norm but much prefer 62F to 82F and definitely 52F to 92F outside, while I want a much narrower range spread inside.

There must be some sort of "heat of vaporization" type effect around that temperature. Or maybe my thermostat is just crap. 72F in my house is cold, 73F can go either way, and 74F is noticeably warm.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 22:07:02 »
higher humidity feels warmer so you can save on heating, manipulating humidity cost alot LESS money than heating. .

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 03:58:40 »
Anything higher than 15C is no go for me:(
In last few days here temps were 22-26C... phinix is melting.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 07:19:59 »
higher humidity feels warmer so you can save on heating, manipulating humidity cost alot LESS money than heating. .
That's fine in winter but horrible in summer
No thanks.

Soooo no Phoenix for Phinix?
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline phinix

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 18:10:28 »
No thanks.

Soooo no Phoenix for Phinix?
Show Image

Nope :p
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 08:52:56 »

higher humidity feels warmer

It seems to me that high humidity in the cold makes it cut even deeper.

Billings MT is expected to hit 100F/38C today. And tell me how is it that Billings at 46N has been over 100 much more often in recent years than Atlanta GA at 34N ?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 22:47:00 »
Global warming has a greater effect on weather the further from the equator that you get causing wider and wilder swings from one extreme to the other. While you see crazier and crazier weather Atlanta will see very minimal changes, just a tad more warm year round and a bit less beach front property, maybe an extra tornado or hurricane or two.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 12:16:08 »

higher humidity feels warmer

It seems to me that high humidity in the cold makes it cut even deeper.

Billings MT is expected to hit 100F/38C today. And tell me how is it that Billings at 46N has been over 100 much more often in recent years than Atlanta GA at 34N ?

Yep. 55 degrees with low humidity inland is not bad at all

55 degrees on the beach with fog and mist? with sea spray and little droplets of water coming at you every 5 seconds?  Have fun!
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 17:30:01 »
Arrgh !

Knoxville Tennessee briefly hit 101F/38C today.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 18:31:36 »
It's been in the 50s all week. It's freakin June already, and it feels like Halloween is right around the corner.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 03:42:58 »
Arrgh !

Oof Oo . Guessing Tennessee isn't particularly dry either?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 06:50:34 »
Arrgh !

turn on the wild fire.

Tp4 knew this female from tennessee, loved the accent, tehnathy

Offline sefixmm

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 07:40:30 »
I'm the kind of guy who is happy with -10C, so summer is just pain in the ass for me.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 07:45:57 »
Arrgh !

turn on the wild fire.

Tp4 knew this female from tennessee, loved the accent, tehnathy

The accent is fantastic :D . Is it the most Southern-sounding state perhaps?

I know a guy from (rural) Tennessee as well, although his accent wasn't quite as thick as this.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 08:15:18 »

Guessing Tennessee isn't particularly dry either?

My area is in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, and my house is only 2 miles (3 km) south of the Tennessee River. Our weather usually involves an occasional week of rain between multiple weeks of dry, with (very) occasional "pop-up" afternoon rain showers in summer. Winters and springs tend to be much wetter than summers and falls. Recently we have been mostly dry and this is likely to be a hot dry summer. But the ambient humidity is not particularly low, even during dry spells.

People say that I have little or no accent. My mother (a 6th generation Southerner) always told me : "There is nothing wrong with being from East Tennessee - as long as you don't talk like it." Appalachian accents are derived from our Scots-Irish ancestors and are considered close to 1600s-1700s commoner British English.

« Last Edit: Thu, 16 June 2022, 08:18:33 by fohat.digs »

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 08:23:38 »
for us in the north west it peaked at 68, still warm enough to go to the pool

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 09:18:09 »
It's getting a bit warm:

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 05:00:31 »
this has been the coldest june/july in a decade (north east usa).  then just read news they had 43C (109f) in west Europe.

Tp4 wearing full sweats + socks righ'now

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 07:09:19 »
The map below was released back in April by NASA, and we are shown on the edge between white and blue.

But while May actually was marginally cooler, June has been very hot, cracking 100F/38C multiple times already with more to come.

It has also been drier than usual and my garden would be in big trouble if I stopped watering it. I watch for hurricanes on the East Coast in hopes that we will get reasonable amounts of residual rain without the damaging storms.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 07:37:19 »
Here are NOAA maps from a month ago for temperature and precipitation.

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 08:08:27 »
as long as its raining, i'm happy with the weather. seems that i live in the right place for that

Offline phinix

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 22 June 2022, 03:19:28 »
I left Paris now, but when I was there, 4 days, 40-42C in the shade...
Unbearable...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 22 June 2022, 07:51:25 »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 22 December 2022, 09:42:57 »
Starting at midnight tonight, temperatures here are supposed to drop from 48F/9C to 14F/-10C in 10 hours.

Even for the Southeastern US that is pretty crazy.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 22 December 2022, 10:46:49 »
How it is here so far:

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 23 December 2022, 08:41:27 »
Currently 7F/-14C with howling wind, but this looks like where we will bottom out. Very little rain yesterday and no snow, so perhaps it will be just a bizarre "quickie" event.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 23 December 2022, 16:56:08 »
today on east coast was,  heavy snow, sunny, heavy snow, sunny, then rain.

nature is basically giving humanity an ultimatum,   last chance humans,  stop animal agriculture to fix climate change, or i'll have to reset the world.  i don't mind, i've lived for millions of years,   ball's in your court.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 27 December 2022, 11:27:16 »
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/12/27/2143452/-Iceberg-B22-moves-toward-the-open-ocean-a-verified-source-of-volcanic-activity-upstream-of-P-I-G?pm_source=story_sidebar&pm_medium=web&pm_campaign=recommended

TL;DR  "The Amundsen Sea Embayment is about the size of Texas, and the ice is approximately two miles thick."
                 aka that is a ****load of ice

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 27 December 2022, 12:27:41 »
Good episode on Glaciers. !!

Offline RitzyKraken

• Ritzy Kraken
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 11 January 2023, 12:01:01 »
Yesterday it was 50, today it’s 20. Weather is definitely borked