Author Topic: [GB] DCS Solarized Dark - Shipping Now!  (Read 70173 times)

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
Re: [GB] DCS Solarized Dark - Final Totals In
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 25 July 2022, 12:32:47 »
Ngl I really want those damn relegendables tho. I don't think my alu boston is gonna look the same without them  :'(
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 14:43:17 »
So here is the update, the tab key as it was rendered did not exist as a mold, so they have to make a new mold in order to make the key correctly.  It does exist for the cherry font but not for the Gorton font this set uses. 

I discussed with the other vendors and we decided to wait for them to make the correct keys, instead of accepting them as is. It turns out they do not have enough material in order to remake the keys correctly, so we are looking at about 7 weeks for the new material to arrive in order for the correct key to be made.

One that I did notice when I was comparing renders to made keys, was the 1.25u R4 Control Keys (someone on Discord had also DM'd me about this), I had submitted them to be made as CTRL because on 1.25u I find Control to be a bit cramped looking when compared to other keys like Alt, FN, etc.  But on the renders for the set it has it as Control.  So please bear in mind that the set will actually have "CTRL" on the 1.25u Control keys and not Control as rendered.  I have verified all the other keys against the images I received from SP showing the completed keys, and they were made as expected.

Once I have a new timeline from SP, I will update here with the new expected ship date from them.  Hoping it will be sometime in September at the latest.
ThocKeys.com

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 20:55:35 »
Is that 'CTRL' or 'Ctrl'? All caps would look super out of place imo.

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 21:51:39 »
Is that 'CTRL' or 'Ctrl'? All caps would look super out of place imo.

It will be Ctrl, thank you for asking for Clarification.
ThocKeys.com

Offline Fooblitzky

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 22:17:30 »
So here is the update, the tab key as it was rendered did not exist as a mold, so they have to make a new mold in order to make the key correctly.  It does exist for the cherry font but not for the Gorton font this set uses. 

That is super strange, since they had it for the most recent DCS Red Alert in 2020. They must have broken the mold when they met you Aiwanei.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105473.msg2943560#msg2943560

Personally I don't mind the offset Tab. And I wouldn't mind getting both Tabs whenever this set ships. So I hope they don't throw them away.

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 22:36:11 »

That is super strange, since they had it for the most recent DCS Red Alert in 2020. They must have broken the mold when they met you Aiwanei.

Personally I don't mind the offset Tab. And I wouldn't mind getting both Tabs whenever this set ships. So I hope they don't throw them away.

I know, that confused me too, but it's what I was told. Not going to publicly share the Email, but was told the reason why it was made with the offset mold was because they thought we were only using existing molds and that mold didn't exist for Gorton only cherry. So not sure what happened to the one used with red alert r3 lol
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 July 2022, 06:50:22 by Aiwanei »
ThocKeys.com

Offline Fooblitzky

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 03:50:02 »
They probably just misplaced it and forgot they made it already. *shrugs*

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 11:09:24 »

I know, that confused me too, but it's what I was told. Not going to publicly share the Email, but was told the reason why it was made with the offset mold was because they thought we were only using existing molds and that mold didn't exist for Gorton only cherry. So not sure what happened to the one used with red alert r3 lol

My guess is that the mold hit the end of its life cycle and had to be remade and they hadn't gotten around to it/decided not to do it for one reason or another.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline EVE

• Outstanding because of professionalism
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 31 July 2022, 13:49:52 »
 :thumb:
Designer and Manufacture of Metro, Nebula, Taichi, Plant(ICing), Moon.
Manufacture of Mira, MiraSE, Moon, Tank, Canoe, Canoe2, CanoeFE, Volt, Lite, Kira 80%, Kira Pad, Keycult 02, Ares HHKB, Evil 80, Evil 82, Evil 96,EQUALZ Zero 80%, EQUALZ 104, Origin 80%........

Offline MagicElyas

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 09:30:58 »
Hello hello,

Any updates on ETA?

Kind Regards,
Elias

Offline davewongillies

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 08 August 2022, 18:25:20 »
Hello hello,

Any updates on ETA?

Kind Regards,
Elias

The last update on Thockeys website: https://thockeys.com/updates/

DCS Solarized Dark:

The R2 1.5u Tab Keys in the Base and Monomods kit were made with the incorrect legends, so they have to be remade.  Siganture Plastics does not have enough material left over so they have to order new material which may take up to 7 weeks.  Once we have a new date we will provide it.

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 19 September 2022, 13:39:08 »
I have just received word that the set has completed production and will be shipping from SP to Vendors sometime within the next week (once shipping invoices are paid)
ThocKeys.com

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 19 September 2022, 14:34:17 »
I have just received word that the set has completed production and will be shipping from SP to Vendors sometime within the next week (once shipping invoices are paid)

woooooo
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline lazergician

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 09:59:33 »

Hooray! Can't wait. Thanks for the communication.

Offline MagicElyas

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 10:57:02 »

Hey hey happy days!!!!. Looking forward for hand engineering to run their QC and ship ASAP :P

Offline iSamurai

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 27 September 2022, 05:15:01 »
Just received a tracking notification from Keygem  :eek:.

Offline ylothar

• Yo Ho Ho!
    • KEEB.it
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 27 September 2022, 15:25:12 »
Just received a tracking notification from Keygem  :eek:.

Me too :cool:
«How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?»

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 28 September 2022, 13:22:08 »
A note about relegendables: they were supposed to be made in the BGK (mod color) but were made in the BGM color (alpha color), SP is remaking the bases in the correct color and will ship to vendors. This will not include extra clear tops, just the bases, but it will give you the option for using the relegendables with either colored base. Each vendor will handle how this effects shipment themselves so please give your vendor a few days to determine their plan of action.

For ThocKeys we will ship all orders that have relegendables as is and send a second shipment with the correct base color at no cost once we have received them. There may be a few orders at ThocKeys we have with international destinations that may be held due to the shipping cost, but you will be contacted directly via email once we determine that.

Here's an image of how the set turned out.
ThocKeys.com

Offline Jefff

• jlabs.co
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 28 September 2022, 22:28:33 »
When extras avail?

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 07:48:39 »
When extras avail?

Ask your local vendor. The GB runner doesn't decide when vendors sell their extras.

Offline knbbl

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 09:23:51 »
A note about relegendables: they were supposed to be made in the BGK (mod color) but were made in the BGM color (alpha color), SP is remaking the bases in the correct color and will ship to vendors. This will not include extra clear tops, just the bases, but it will give you the option for using the relegendables with either colored base. Each vendor will handle how this effects shipment themselves so please give your vendor a few days to determine their plan of action.

For ThocKeys we will ship all orders that have relegendables as is and send a second shipment with the correct base color at no cost once we have received them. There may be a few orders at ThocKeys we have with international destinations that may be held due to the shipping cost, but you will be contacted directly via email once we determine that.

Can we also have replacements for the Ä key within the international kit?

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 12:55:52 »

Can we also have replacements for the Ä key within the international kit?
Show Image

I am contacting SP about this and an issue with the 40s kit, where instead of an R2 1u Back Key was made, a R2 1u Enter let was provided.
ThocKeys.com

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
Re: [GB] DCS Solarized Dark - Shipping Now!
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 14:09:37 »
I have heard back from Melissa at SP, the Ä and the Å will both be remade to match the alignment of other keys.  For the issue with the 40s and Ortho Kit, the Back key will be remade, but so will two other keys because they were made as R1 instead of R2 (basically all 3 R2 keys will be remade).  The relegendable keys are being remade as we speak.  They expect all of these corrected keys to ship out to vendors by the end of next week.
ThocKeys.com

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 02 October 2022, 12:24:32 »
does anyone in NA have tracking from thockeys yet?

i think i ordered late so i might just be later in the line

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 02 October 2022, 12:35:13 »

Yep. Scheduled to arrive to Michigan on Wednesday.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 02 October 2022, 12:35:44 »

Yep. Scheduled to arrive to Michigan on Wednesday.

ok good this is reassuring

i imagine i'll get tracking in the next couple of days

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 02 October 2022, 12:50:38 »
About half of the orders have shipped, the rest should hopefully go out by Wednesday at the latest(since we gave until Thursday of last week to update addresses, orders did not start shipping until Friday)
ThocKeys.com

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #127 on: Sun, 02 October 2022, 14:37:23 »
About half of the orders have shipped, the rest should hopefully go out by Wednesday at the latest(since we gave until Thursday of last week to update addresses, orders did not start shipping until Friday)

excellent news thank u

excited to receive my set

Offline Poesjuh

[GB] DCS Solarized Dark - Shipping Now!
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 04 October 2022, 09:01:35 »
Got my set as well, very nice colors irl!
Appears I have double F10 and no 1! but will settle that with vendor.

Two pictures here, one is not edited and makes the alpha’s look really blue (first picture), second one has been edited and looks close(r) to real life. Alpha’s definitely are in-between green and blue. Both just quick snaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline break

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 04 October 2022, 09:15:06 »
Hell yes. Cannot wait for my kit.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 04 October 2022, 09:37:41 »

excellent news thank u

excited to receive my set

just got tracking time to stare out the window longingly at the mailman

Offline pikku-allu

• IG: @kinnalek
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 04 October 2022, 12:21:11 »
Got my set last week from Keygem. The numpad enter legends don't match the renders either. Production keys are text-only and don't have the arrow icon. Pause is Pause Break unlike the renders too.

Also had a missing key, as well as a duplicate of another in the Classic Accent kit. The set looks great though!
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 October 2022, 12:34:42 by pikku-allu »

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 04 October 2022, 16:24:01 »
Numpad enter, numpad Pg up and Pg dn, “novelties” spacing, Pause.

As far as I could quickly check those are the keys that are different from the render. Personally don’t really mind though.

Offline Phractals

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 05 October 2022, 17:23:16 »
I have found some more potential issues on top of Pause and numpad enter being different from renders. Not sure if these are specific to my set or if it is just what the DCS molds are.

1. On my R4 End, the "n" is a good bit shorter one one side. The other Ends are fine.
2. The spacing between letters on the 1u and 1.25u Fn is different. 1u looks a bit cramped, while 1.25u seems to be more in line with the rest of the set.
3. The "-" and "_" legends are noticeably crooked. I put "="/"+" there just for reference as those legends are totally fine.

Would it be possible to get replacements for these caps from SP as well or should i contact my vendor for any of them? Or is this just what the molds are like for DCS and we have to accept the caps for what they are?
My ANSI Enter has a very noticeable mark and I'm gonna be contacting Keygem to resolve that anyway so I just wanted to be sure if I should even be bothering them for any of these issues.

To be clear, I really like the set and think it turned out great otherwise. The only things really bothering me are "-"/"_" being crooked and also the legends on the quotes key having a different thickness than the rest of the set. But I know that last one is the case for a lot of DCS sets and that's just one of the quirks that come with DCS i guess.

Thanks for caring!
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 October 2022, 17:41:23 by Phractals »

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 21 October 2022, 12:13:34 »
Has anyone mentioned the bold "' quotes key yet

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 21 October 2022, 12:29:11 »
Picture of the set :) Missing the 1 unfortunately (but double F10) so waiting for replacement.

Offline vr21

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 03:29:37 »
i'm not too familiar with dcs keycaps, but just about every single one of my keycaps has a very prominent "chip" along the bottom edge. I'm assuming it has something to do with the molding process but i didn't expect it to be so deep and harsh, am I nitpicking, or do your sets not have this

« Last Edit: Tue, 25 October 2022, 17:31:51 by vr21 »

Offline RoyalOak88

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 04:05:47 »
Yes, all my keys also have that.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 08:03:25 »
i'm not too familiar with dcs keycaps, but just about every single one of my keycaps has a very prominent "chip" along the bottom edge. I'm assuming it has something to do with the molding process but i didn't expect it to be so deep and harsh, am I nitpicking, or do your sets not have this

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

your pictures don't work but sprue marks are normal

Offline vr21

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 17:34:23 »
Reuploaded to imgur. I'm used to seeing sprue marks (didnt know what the term was - thanks) but these seemed worse than what I've seen from other keycap manufacturers. But looks like its typical, so I'm not too concerned

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 20:55:24 »
Reuploaded to imgur. I'm used to seeing sprue marks (didnt know what the term was - thanks) but these seemed worse than what I've seen from other keycap manufacturers. But looks like its typical, so I'm not too concerned

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Those sprue marks look a little bit more prominent than seen on previous sets.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline marcowhatever

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 17:52:38 »
Has anyone noticed the texture being off on the backspace and enter key?

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 20:01:10 »
( I hope this will work)

ALU Boston with SolDark and ZealPC clickiez :)
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 21:16:52 »
It definitely goes well with black keyboards, as did the GMK set.

Offline MagicElyas

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 12 January 2023, 10:41:15 »
Has anyone from the UK / Hand Engineering group buy received their set? They were said to have it in place by october but no updates since then

Offline Hawksmoor

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 14 January 2023, 14:22:45 »

in the same boat, have not received anything.
Lewis from Hand Engineering is not responding to pings or emails either

Pretty poor. Especially as the keysets were meant to have arrived in October

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 16 January 2023, 17:15:58 »
It's my understanding that DCS Solarized Dark is being held back by some retailers because they are waiting for a fix kit from Signature Plastics.

Some keys differed from expectations, so I think SP was maybe working on replacing them. So some retailers are choosing not to ship, until the entire corrected kit is ready to ship. I think this may be the case with Alphakeys in Canada, which has yet to ship Solarized Dark.

Offline MagicElyas

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 02 February 2023, 07:57:38 »
It's my understanding that DCS Solarized Dark is being held back by some retailers because they are waiting for a fix kit from Signature Plastics.

Some keys differed from expectations, so I think SP was maybe working on replacing them. So some retailers are choosing not to ship, until the entire corrected kit is ready to ship. I think this may be the case with Alphakeys in Canada, which has yet to ship Solarized Dark.

I do believe that this is not the case anymore, Lewis did post something in his discord, but the standards that I was expecting from Hand Engineering in terms of customer facing abilities have dropped significantly with the handling of this group buy. I am just sad that people like me have been waiting for a long time for this caps and have 0 transparency about what is going on.

Offline typischt

« Reply #148 on: Thu, 02 February 2023, 08:07:29 »

I do believe that this is not the case anymore, Lewis did post something in his discord, but the standards that I was expecting from Hand Engineering in terms of customer facing abilities have dropped significantly with the handling of this group buy. I am just sad that people like me have been waiting for a long time for this caps and have 0 transparency about what is going on.
Same here, haven‘t heard back from Hand Engineering on my many messages about the keyset and it‘s status. To be fair, he said he wanted to resolve it until the end of February in the Discord announcement, so there is some time left.

I just wonder, how many orders there are if it takes that long / if he isn‘t able to quickly answer an email..
Even a short „I saw your mail, I‘ll get back to you asap“ would have been a lot nicer than just hearing nothing at all..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Offline typischt

« Reply #149 on: Sun, 05 March 2023, 10:56:41 »
I‘m happy to report that I received shipping notification from Hand Engineering.